View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 276 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376 ... LastLast
Results 6,876 to 6,900 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    Grass/Normal wouldn't be horrible but...not to interesting, imo...
    I can't see them ever making one of the starters have Normal as a secondary type.

If Chespin is Grass/Bug (read a rumor earlier)
    o_O
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

You know, we keep discussing what secondary type we WANT our favorites to be, but what types are we hoping thy WON'T be??...

If Chespin is Grass/Bug (read a rumor earlier), I might die. Grass/Normal wouldn't be horrible but...not to interesting, imo...

I'm gonna get this out of the way now and say Fennekin as Fire/Fighting would be painful. I wouldn't mind Fire/Dark but Houndour wouldn't appreciate that. Not t mention the fact that it would get flamed for for a cross between Vulpix and Zorua...

Out of all the Froakie speculations, Water/Ice and Water/Flying are my least favorites. We already have Gyarados and the other Water/Ice types are pretty good as is...
    I don't think Houndour would care, Pokemon can't always keep their unique dual types. Fennekin has already got it's bashing because of Vulpix and Zorua, I imagine regardless what type it ends up, or however it looks or acts, it'll still happen.

I don't see what having Gyarados matters, there's also Swanna, Pelipper, and Mantine(Including their pre-evolutions), type combos get reuse. Water/Flying isn't nearly as used as other type combos, or Water/Ice for that matter.

Personally I don't really care, Fire/Fighting would be a bit much for me, and pure types would be a little uninteresting to me, but if I like their design then I wont really care.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Here's what i hope

Fennekin-Fire/Psychic
    Chespin-Grass/Steel or Fighting
    Froakie-Water/Electric

Not exactly what i think is probable, but would be cool

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    Here's what i hope

Fennekin-Fire/Psychic
    Chespin-Grass/Steel or Fighting
    Froakie-Water/Electric

Not exactly what i think is probable, but would be cool
    my thoughts on the dot. except i wouldnt mind froakie being fighting.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    name one .
    Lapras and Walrein seem pretty pleased with themselves...Cloyser, not so much, but you can't win 'em all.

...And Dewgong....well, we try not to mention Dewgong...

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I don't think Houndour would care, Pokemon can't always keep their unique dual types. Fennekin has already got it's bashing because of Vulpix and Zorua, I imagine regardless what type it ends up, or however it looks or acts, it'll still happen.

I don't see what having Gyarados matters, there's also Swanna, Pelipper, and Mantine(Including their pre-evolutions), type combos get reuse. Water/Flying isn't nearly as used as other type combos, or Water/Ice for that matter.

Personally I don't really care, Fire/Fighting would be a bit much for me, and pure types would be a little uninteresting to me, but if I like their design then I wont really care.
    True. Eventually every Pokemon has to lose their unique typing. Everyone keeps hoping that Chespin is either Grass/Rock or Grass/Steel so Cradily or Ferrothorn would have to stop being unique for that to happen...

And yeah. My point with the Water/Flying types is that...well, its been done before. And I feel they did it best with Gyarados and Mantine. Swanna and Pelipper, though not horrible, weren't all that great. The Froakie evos would have to be spectacular to compete with what we already have...

...plus, I just don't want another Water/Flying. No one will take my precious Gyarados's shine. NO ONE!!!
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Lapras and Walrein seem pretty pleased with themselves...Cloyser, not so much, but you can't win 'em all.

...And Dewgong....well, we try not to mention Dewgong...
    you have that first part mixed up. and dewgong is a boss.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Look at those pixel arts for evolutions of the starters (these aren't the best ones, but look at the idea) ...

A Grass and Steel final stage for Chespin > I love it, I want it !
    A Fire and Psychic middle and final stage for Fennekin Eh, simple but I like it.
    A Fire and Flying middle and final stage for Fennekin > This would be awesome.
    A Water and Fighting middle and final stage for Froakie > I pretty like it, and sounds realistic too !
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Look at those pixel arts for evolutions of the starters (these aren't the best ones, but look at the idea) ...

A Fire and Psychic middle and final stage for Fennekin Eh, simple but I like it.
    A Water and Fighting middle and final stage for Froakie > I pretty like it, and sounds realistic too !
    I actually like the Fokko Flying evolutions. I thought I'd hate them, but they look good to me.

Though I think it could use some polish, I'm in LOVE with the Chespin line. Its the first rendition of a Chespin Knight evo that I've liked so far!!
    Last edited by LeoP2008; 2nd February 2013 at 8:55 PM.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

I have to say I'm more of a fan of the "rock behemth" speculation for Chespin then these Knight fakemon.

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by papousse View Post
    look at those pixel arts for evolutions of the starters (these aren't the best ones, but look at the idea) ...

a grass and steel final stage for chespin > i love it, i want it !
    a fire and psychic middle and final stage for fennekin eh, simple but i like it.

a fire and flying middle and final stage for fennekin > this would be awesome.
    a water and fighting middle and final stage for froakie > i pretty like it, and sounds realistic too !
    why the f*** are it wings on it's fricking a**

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Though I think it could use some polish, I'm in LOVE with the Chespin line. Its the first rendition of a Chespin Knight evo that I've liked so far!!
    Thought the same.

So far my favorite Chespin fakevolution.

They would never give the grass starter a fighting type if the fire Pokemon got a dark type however I do think your right about chespin being fighting I just think fennekin will be psychic because it seemed to be using psybeam in the trailer and froakie will be dark.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamantPkmn View Post
    They would never give the grass starter a fighting type if the fire Pokemon got a dark type however I do think your right about chespin being fighting I just think fennekin will be psychic because it seemed to be using psybeam in the trailer and froakie will be dark.
    I want to punch you in the face...

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Interesting...but that Fire/Psychic. I don't like it.
    Look like just another Ninetales.
    If Fennec became psychic, I think they can do something without split its tail.
    Last edited by DarkManager; 2nd February 2013 at 9:37 PM.

LOL at Fennekin and its wings being on its butt. I also think that the evolution for Fire/Psychic just looks like Ninetales with less tails.

I think Chespin is realy cute. Maybe Ash will pick him in the Anime. I also think it should have a Grass/Rock thing going on.
    I adore Fenniken. It is cute! I think Fire/Psychic is a good one for it's final. (Deffinetly my Starter choice)
    Froakie is okay. I like it, but am not impressed be a water type frog. xD I think Water/Steel would be cool~
    ~Working on getting a sig~

Quote Originally Posted by MuseHarmonia View Post
    I think Chespin is realy cute. Maybe Ash will pick him in the Anime. I also think it should have a Grass/Rock thing going on.
    I adore Fenniken. It is cute! I think Fire/Psychic is a good one for it's final. (Deffinetly my Starter choice)
    Froakie is okay. I like it, but am not impressed be a water type frog. xD I think Water/Steel would be cool~
    Ash MUST pick Froakie and make it evolve!!! I mean, we have never had a 2nd (not talking about 3rd at all) stage water starter on Ash team..This is discrimination!!!!
    Actually Ash has no full evolved water pokemon.. -.-'
    Last edited by john90; 2nd February 2013 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    Ash MUST pick Froakie and make it evolve!!! I mean, we have never had a 2nd (not talking about 3rd at all) stage water starter on Ash team..This is discrimination!!!!
    kingler says hi!
    Last edited by swamp_swampert; 2nd February 2013 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    [HIGH PITCHED VOICE] IM BENT OUT OF SHAAAAAAPE!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? ?!?!?!?!?!?!? NO YOURE BENT OUT OF SHAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHH! !!!!!!!!

pretty sure he can learn aerial ace, assuming that was the move, because he can/could evolve to use swords.
    Ow, my ears. I've seen people bring up they must have shown those moves for a reason, possibly hinting their second types. All Imma saying is I wouldn't like Grass/Flying.

My favorites team:

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    There is no 3rd stage Pokemon.

And as the user above me said, there's Kingler.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    why the f*** are it wings on it's fricking a**
    Expanding on the "wings" that Fennekin has on it's rear end(Or around it).

Why wouldn't they? They very much well could give Chespin Fighting type and Fennekin Dark type.
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 2nd February 2013 at 11:06 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

You know nothing. Read before spewing garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin17 View Post
    Ow, my ears. I've seen people bring up they must have shown those moves for a reason, possibly hinting their second types. All Imma saying is I wouldn't like Grass/Flying.
    Just because Chespin knows Aerial Ace doesn't make it any more likely to become part Flying. Lots of non-flying Pokemon learn it; it's based on a sword technique. Aerial Ace is more about having sharp claws than being able to fly.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    Just because Chespin knows Aerial Ace doesn't make it any more likely to become part Flying. Lots of non-flying Pokemon learn it; it's based on a sword technique. Aerial Ace is more about having sharp claws than being able to fly.
    Oy, I know this lol. I was responding yesterday to speculation that Chespin can become Grass/Flying, among other types. I think it's more likely Chespin becomes Grass/Dark, Grass/Rock or Ground, or Grass/Steel. What I said yesterday is I wouldn't like to see Grass/Flying, Grass/Bug, or Grass/Ground.
    Last edited by Chespin17; 3rd February 2013 at 12:14 AM.

My favorites team:

Page 276 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376 ... LastLast