View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 278 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328378 ... LastLast
Results 6,926 to 6,950 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same old Starter abilities. I mean, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," right??
    If by 'broke' you mean 'horribly stale' then yes, it does need fixing Although you're right, I don't see them changing it now.

What I'd really love to see implemented is a way to switch between a pokemon's regular ability and DW ability. It is hugely unlikely to happen, but it'd be awesome.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    If by 'broke' you mean 'horribly stale' then yes, it does need fixing Although you're right, I don't see them changing it now.

What I'd really love to see implemented is a way to switch between a pokemon's regular ability and DW ability. It is hugely unlikely to happen, but it'd be awesome.
    Personally removing Overgrow, Torrent and Blaze is like removing Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn and Frenzy Plant. These things are unique and I think it won't be appreciate if they are removed.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account ا my shiny hunting Youtube channel
    my shiny hunting Google+ page

Spoiler:- Current shiny hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Personally removing Overgrow, Torrent and Blaze is like removing Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn and Frenzy Plant. These things are unique and I think it won't be appreciate if they are removed.
    I've seen many people moan about these abilities on the frailer starters, so I think it'd at least be nice for an alternate ability and the original.

Possibly GF could make it so that the starters have a rare chance at receiving their hidden abilities when you choose them, something like 5-10% maybe. Cause GF would never just allow people to choose which ability you wanted for your starter. Not to mention the normal abilities are a typical thing for starters and have been ever since abilities were introduced, lot's of people would probably get mad if they changed it or removed them.

I do however like the idea of catching the starters in the wild, even though they are starter pokemon they come from somewhere. However they shouldn't be a common sight to see in the wild they would most likely be rare and I would be ok with that. They could even add in other starter pokemon from different regions after you've gotten the National Dex of course. Even though this is another thing that GF probably will never do because they've never done it before, but it would be nice if they did.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
        Spoiler:- 6 Region Nuzlocke Challenge:

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

I don't think the abilities will change. They're the signature abilities of the starters.

Now, they may keep the hidden ability mechanic (I hope they do), and maybe we'll see new abilities here, not as the default ability.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Definitely Chespin, how can you say no to this? (Click on image link)
    image.jpg
    No matter what it's evolutions are, he's still gonna be my starter. I think Chespin is the coolest starter.
    Last edited by AipomMaster190; 3rd February 2013 at 3:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chandreigon View Post
    I know someone has already posted these, but in my opinion these are the best fakemon evolutions for the starters.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/attachme...jsdo2_1280.jpg
    Yeah those are cool, especially the Froakie ones.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/205fssg.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    That was posted a week or two ago, and it is considered fake.
    Is it proven? I really like it.

Anyway, so if this is fake, we still get info in the middle of the month, right? Huzzah.
    I'm awesome

I like how Fennekin is the favorite among the largely teen-adult presence here on the forums, because I can guarantee that it will be the least popular among the youngest generation of players, who will likely lean towards Chespin and Froakie for looks' sake.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    Some more pretty cool fan-made evos...

Spoiler:- 1.) EPIC Chespin Evo:

that would be epic.

Spoiler:- 2.) CUTE Chespin Evo:

its ok.
        Spoiler:- 3.) CHUNKY Chespin Evo:

its growing on me.
        Spoiler:- 4.) ELEGANT Fennekin Evo:

the only problem i see is that there are gender differences, and dont forget the all starters have up to now have been 7 times more likely to be male then female.
        Spoiler:- 5.) BLAZING Fennekin Evo:

*applause* i like it.
        Spoiler:- 6.) DEADLY Froakie Evo :

not my favorite.
        Spoiler:- 7.) Mixed Evo Concepts 1:

i very much approve of these, even if i dont want chespin to become grass/dark..
        Spoiler:- 8.) Mixed Evo Concepts 2:

i really dislike the fire/ground evo, not only i dislike the type, it just looks like it doesnt fit into pokemon.
    ...Which do you guys like most??
    my comments are in bold.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I don't think the abilities will change. They're the signature abilities of the starters.

Now, they may keep the hidden ability mechanic (I hope they do), and maybe we'll see new abilities here, not as the default ability.

They'd like to have a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7437 View Post

they were given to compliment your starter. and i doubt anyone cares about them.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    I like how Fennekin is the favorite among the largely teen-adult presence here on the forums, because I can guarantee that it will be the least popular among the youngest generation of players, who will likely lean towards Chespin and Froakie for looks' sake.
    Well I'm not choosing fennekin...
    Simply because I just like froakie that wee bit more

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

So? They're an exception, and still can only get those as hidden abilities.

Besides, they're not just random Pokémon; in the games they were introduced, one of them is deliberately given early in the game to you to help with your team. Almost a "second starter".

Based on the starters I'm actually loving the new Pokemon designs. I didn't outwardly hate the 5th gen designs, but they did not seem like the traditional Pokemon style with which I had grown up (of course that's not a bad thing at all! Things change over the years). These styles seem closer to the Johto style to me and I'm loving that!

Quote Originally Posted by Akriloth View Post
    Based on the starters I'm actually loving the new Pokemon designs. I didn't outwardly hate the 5th gen designs, but they did not seem like the traditional Pokemon style with which I had grown up (of course that's not a bad thing at all! Things change over the years). These styles seem closer to the Johto style to me and I'm loving that!
    It's usually this way with Pokémon. Odd generations introduce "eccentric" Pokémon, being more... experimental as a whole, and they tend to have no relation to other Generations (Gen III only had Wynaut and Azurill, Gen V had nothing at all), while even generations have somewhat more of an "old-school" look and feel, lots of evolutions and babies and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    they were given to compliment your starter. and i doubt anyone cares about them.
    It's too bad that they just kinda suck. I thought the idea was nice.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

I loved the idea of the "pans"
    But really didn't like there design.
    Would love to see the idea used again in gen6

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Come on CoroCoro, the XY forum has became a desolate waistland for news, please come soon! INEEDTOKNOWFENNEKINISN'TFIRE/FIGHTINGDAMNYOU!!!

Anyone hoping on fat froakie? most want thin Froakie....

Colress: But I disagree!

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Come on CoroCoro, the XY forum has became a desolate waistland for news, please come soon! INEEDTOKNOWFENNEKINISN'TFIRE/FIGHTINGDAMNYOU!!!

How about... No more Fire/Fighting starters!
    I understand why there are so many Fire/Fighting, it's about the beginning cave, you need to get past a few Geodudes.
    GameFreak is forgetting about OTHER types that beat rock types.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

All the X and Y threads are repeathing the same fcking ****...

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Definetly not hoping for a fat Froakie. It would help in distinguishing it from the other frog/toad based pokemon we have.

Does anyone really want another fat frog based pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    How about... No more Fire/Fighting starters!
    I understand why there are so many Fire/Fighting, it's about the beginning cave, you need to get past a few Geodudes.
    GameFreak is forgetting about OTHER types that beat rock types.
    Exactly... If the main issue is the rock type (or ground type) why not simply put a good water type for example at the beginning of the game? Nop, Fire/Fighting it is.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Yeah. I can't wait for some new info soon too. So far, the top discussions are...

1.) "Man, I hope [insert Starter here] looks like [insert fakemon image that is likely to be horribly wrong here]"
    2.) "How cool would it be if [insert Starter here] is [blah, blah whatever type is coolest competitively]!!"
    3.) "Hey!! I found this random, obviously fake image online.....anyone else fooled by it??"
    4.) "Chespin/Fennekin/Froakie is SOOOO much better than Froakie/Fennekin/Chespin!! I don't know why ANYONE would like him/her!!"
    5.) "Chespin looks so much like Oshawott!! And Fennekin looks so much like Vulpix/Zorua!! And Froakie looks so much like.....um.....wait...."
    6.) "WHAT!! Froakie is losing!! Why is Fennekin so popular?!? Meanwhile, Chespin chills in his cushy 2nd place spot. "

...I know this because I mindlessly participate in every one of these discussion knowing full well I've already discussed them.

.....But anywho, I'm hoping for a thin, speedy evo for Froakie. He's my least favorite but there needs to be a speedy Water. We innovated by having the first mammalian Grass Starter, let's keep the ball rolling!!
    Last edited by LeoP2008; 3rd February 2013 at 8:07 PM.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

WHAT!? Froakie is losing!
    Well, that's okay.
    To be honest, I don't see whats so special about Fennekin.
    Is about because is cute, well not to me anyway. I don't remember anyone going crazy about Torchic or Piplup.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Page 278 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328378 ... LastLast