View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 279 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329379 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,975 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #6951
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stop stalking, Serebii.
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    All the X and Y threads are repeathing the same fcking ****...
    Way to make an original contributing post to counteract that argument.


    I'm 100% positive the Fire/Fighting stage is gone for the starters. Recently, I finally understood why they would do something that sounds stupid... though it still kind of is. But Blaziken kicked, Infernape punched, Emboar was an all-around sort of guy.
    They didn't have to do that with the starters, though...
    But uh, yeah, that should be gone.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

    Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

    I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

  2. #6952
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States, East Coast
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    It's usually this way with Pokémon. Odd generations introduce "eccentric" Pokémon, being more... experimental as a whole, and they tend to have no relation to other Generations (Gen III only had Wynaut and Azurill, Gen V had nothing at all), while even generations have somewhat more of an "old-school" look and feel, lots of evolutions and babies and all that.
    I feel like that's kind of a stretch.
    Gen 4 did not have an "old school" feel outside of introducing an expansive number of evos/prevos.
    Gen 1, of course, can not be considered "eccentric" compared to anything, as it was the foundation for the series.
    Gen 2 was originally intended to be a part of Gen 1, and therefore is the most similar in terms of design and feel.
    Gen 3 was only "eccentric" and "experimental" because the Pokemon were from a tropical region and were intended to emulate their environment.
    Gen 5 largely introduced a lot of what people consider "clones", which in my opinion is not an entirely experimental thing to do.

    So I don't think we can count on Gen 6 having an old-school feel based on the fact that it's even.

    All that said, I do get exactly what people are saying about these new reveals having that "Gen 2" feel. The legendaries give homage to the simpler Lugia/Ho-oh designs.
    I think the starters are great. They're not boring like Gen 1 or Gen 2. I think they are more akin to Gen 3, 4, or 5 if anything.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

  3. #6953
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    WHAT!? Froakie is losing!
    Well, that's okay.
    To be honest, I don't see whats so special about Fennekin.
    Is about because is cute, well not to me anyway. I don't remember anyone going crazy about Torchic or Piplup.
    i know i cant belive froaki has fallen behind but i am impressed that dunsparce has nearly 3% of the votes.

  4. #6954
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Come on CoroCoro, the XY forum has became a desolate waistland for news, please come soon! INEEDTOKNOWFENNEKINISN'TFIRE/FIGHTINGDAMNYOU!!!

    Anyone hoping on fat froakie? most want thin Froakie....

    Colress: But I disagree!
    No, no, no!
    Froakie must stay thin!
    If he was to go fat I'd question about picking him.

    Also dunsparce is actually a great Pokemon!


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  5. #6955
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my Chair
    Posts
    663

    Default

    I know that Fennekin DOESN'T look like a ground or steel type, but before it was released, I was hoping for Fire/Steel or Fire/Ground.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

  6. #6956
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    188

    Default

    They had BETTER keep the hidden abilities. We can't afford to lose Chlorophyll Venusaur and Technician Breloom.
    I like trains.

    "Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

  7. #6957
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my Chair
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    They had BETTER keep the hidden abilities. We can't afford to lose Chlorophyll Venusaur and Technician Breloom.
    I REALLY do not understand why DW abilities are so good.
    What if someone doesn't understand how it works, like me.
    It almost feels like I'm cheating, like the time I changed Regigigas ability to Pressure.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

  8. #6958
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    I REALLY do not understand why DW abilities are so good.
    What if someone doesn't understand how it works, like me.
    It almost feels like I'm cheating, like the time I changed Regigigas ability to Pressure.
    Some abilities are really good. Most of them are better than the Pokemon's regular ability. Like a Magic Bounce Espeon. Status moves are common now, so with that, the move will bounce right back to the opponent. But, not all of them are good.

  9. #6959
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    They had BETTER keep the hidden abilities. We can't afford to lose Chlorophyll Venusaur and Technician Breloom.
    hidden abilities wont be a problem. why would they just scrap everything after all that work. thou it wont have any bearing for this gen starters anyhow since they wont be released like BW ones.

  10. #6960
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my Chair
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Some abilities are really good. Most of them are better than the Pokemon's regular ability. Like a Magic Bounce Espeon. Status moves are common now, so with that, the move will bounce right back to the opponent. But, not all of them are good.
    I know they're good but why did they add them, so it feels like your Snivy is the best ever.
    Pokemon should stay the way they are.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

  11. #6961
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    in agarest fighting a war.
    Posts
    127

    Default

    if the starters all get hidden abilities i hope they will be good.but waiting another 8 months will suck.GF will probably keep the most important details about x and y until a month is left.
    3ds friend code:1091-7776-4833

    XBOX GAMERTAG: PIZZA NINJA831 [DONT ASK BOUT THE NAME]

    I WATCH A TON OF ANIME,SO I GUESS YOU CAN SAY MY DREAM NO AMBITION WAS INFLUENCED BY IT ALOT HAHAHA.

    CHANGING THE WORLD ONE STEP AT A TIME.

  12. #6962
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    147

    Default

    im betting on fennekin being a fire/ground (coz its a fennec fox) or fire/psychic because of the trailer. GOD FORBID FIRE/FIGHTING. Im wondering if the fennekin evolutions deter from the desert thing but i really want a fire/ground. yeah its got a 4x water weekness but just look at swampert and torterra and charizard with thier weeknesses. surely it wont hurt to have another 4x weekness starter. oh please corocoro when will you give us info?

    Agression, Destruction.
    Meowstic is officially mine!

    Credit to SM

  13. #6963
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by epicjirachifan View Post
    im betting on fennekin being a fire/ground (coz its a fennec fox) or fire/psychic because of the trailer. GOD FORBID FIRE/FIGHTING. Im wondering if the fennekin evolutions deter from the desert thing but i really want a fire/ground. yeah its got a 4x water weekness but just look at swampert and torterra and charizard with thier weeknesses. surely it wont hurt to have another 4x weekness starter. oh please corocoro when will you give us info?
    Torchic reminds me a little chick. A chick becomes a chicken, and a chicken is a bird. Logic will be that Torchic's evolved form will be Flying Type. And it's false !
    Pipulp reminds me a baby penguin. A baby penguin becomes a penguin, and penguins live in ice and cold regions. Logic will be that Piplup's evolved form will be Ice Type. And it's false !
    So why would in the world Fennekin will be a ground type just because it is a fennec fox ?
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt account

  14. #6964
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,458

    Default

    *Sees the latest poll results* Dear God, I am done. I just cannot handle this injustice any longer. I'm almost tempted to choose Froakie as my first Gen 6 Starter Pokemon just to spite the poll results. But I must keep my composure. I cannot forget that Fennekin is absolutely gorgeous; not choosing her as my first Gen 6 Starter would be a crime. I wish Corocoro or whatever that magazine is called would reveal some more details about the Starter Pokemon. Anything to revitalize my faith in Fennekin and Froakie.

  15. #6965
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    36

  16. #6966
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin1 View Post
    It stands on its hind legs. I don't like it. D:

  17. #6967
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Zodiark Citadel
    Posts
    526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin1 View Post
    It stands on hind legs. D= And that looks like it will be Fire/Fighting. They'll bomb GF if Chespin is Grass/Bug XDDDDD That, and I don't really like it's design, it's too.... 'Fire/Fighting'-like. =\

    Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

  18. #6968
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    It stands on its hind legs. I don't like it. D:
    And it has spaghetti arms

  19. #6969
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin1 View Post
    What's the source?
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

  20. #6970
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Anchored in Sootopolis Bay
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Torchic reminds me a little chick. A chick becomes a chicken, and a chicken is a bird. Logic will be that Torchic's evolved form will be Flying Type. And it's false !
    Pipulp reminds me a baby penguin. A baby penguin becomes a penguin, and penguins live in ice and cold regions. Logic will be that Piplup's evolved form will be Ice Type. And it's false !
    So why would in the world Fennekin will be a ground type just because it is a fennec fox ?
    HAHA this is soooo true! I would be be happy because I love ground types but I'm sure I would be in the minority. Basing finale type on a first stage only leeds to heartache.

    Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

  21. #6971
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    What's the source?
    I found it on deviantart.http://cid-fox.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5totzb The guy who posted it is saying he did not create it but isn't giving a source to where he found it.
    Last edited by Chespin1; 3rd February 2013 at 9:13 PM.

  22. #6972
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    I've been underwhelmed by Fennekin's fake evolutions. I'm hoping they do something really cool for the real one.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  23. #6973
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    In the Darkness...
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin1 View Post
    No. Never. Never ever. Not in a million years. I will bomb GameFreak. Then throw them into a tank of electeic Eels painted lile Tynamo's to taunt them. Then choke every last one of them to death, cut their heads off, place them on a pedestal in my house, and feed their bodies to a tank of hungry sharks. And enjoy every last bit.

    I will do it. I will flip tables made of steel if it's Fire/Fighting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...

  24. #6974
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin1 View Post
    I found it on deviantart.http://cid-fox.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5totzb The guy who posted it is saying he did not create it but isn't giving a source to where he found it.
    Well, then there is a pretty good chance it's fake.

    If you check out the announcements section here, it seems the internet is just booming with fake scans at the moment.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

  25. #6975
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin1 View Post
    i think that looks kind of ugly.

Page 279 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329379 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •