View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 284 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334384 ... LastLast
Results 7,076 to 7,100 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ArdentSun View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new here. Made the account specifically for this thread in fact. I've got some speculation and I've been dying to have some others besides close friends hear me out xD
    Welcome!! You've got a lot of great ideas and speculations. Who's your favorite of the three??

(Fennekin as Fire/Fighting, Chespin as Grass/Rock, and Froakie as Water/Flying) This makes all of them weak and strong against eachother, like option one.

So really only options one and three are in the race, I can't see them making Froakie Fighting. Due to angst from the community, I doubt they are going to make a fourth Fire/Fighting type, and the wing-like fur on Fennekin does inspire some Flying ideas. He is also based after a Desert fox, no? And we all know about the desert and it's ties to wind and heat.

Do you like this? Any problems with my post and theory? Please feel free to respond ^^ and thanks for reading.
    As much as a Fire/Fighting Fennekin makes me cringe, I'd completely accept it if we got a Grass/Rock Chespin. But then again, we all know who my favorite is so... Your explanation of her other types are great too.

I like all of your Froakie ideas. I've got no expectations for his typing, really. As long as he's dual SOMETHING and has a nice design, I'm sold. All of your suggestions work wonderfully.

As for Chespin, I'm rooting for a Steel, Rock, Ground option. I like Grass/Rock the most as its an awesome type combo (and would fit into my master team). Grass/Ground for the same reason and Grass/Rock BUT is a bit discouraging as we already had a Grass/Ground starter. Grass/Steel is great too because...well, have you SEEN Ferrothorn??
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Hey guys, I'm new here. Made the account specifically for this thread in fact. I've got some speculation and I've been dying to have some others besides close friends hear me out xD

First of all, Froakie clearly looks exactly like Benjamin Franklin to me. This cannot be an accident, he even has the little glasses. In relation to that, I believe Froakie will become a Water/Electric type, with his "bubble" hair turning into clouds in a Raikou/Thunderous type fashion. Water/Flying and perhaps Water/Fighting are also options. However, I don't think gamefreak would create TWO Water/Fighting Frog pokemon and if you read further, Water/Flying would force Fennekin into the Fire/Fighting spot (Fire Psychic would not work because athe type combinations for Chespin do not allow it without Froakie being Fighting). This could very well be the case, I'll get to this in a second.

My favorite renditions of him so far are as such:
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...24-d5swr9l.gif (Just change the typing)
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/attachme...jsdo2_1280.jpg
    http://www.pokedit.com/boards/ckfind...evolutions.jpg
    http://www.pokedit.com/boards/ckfind..._by_kezrek.jpg (My favorite of favorites)

Chespin can be many things at face value, perhaps Grass/Fighting, Grass/Ground, Grass/Steel, Grass/Rock and Grass/Dark. I'll explain why he can't be Grass/Fighting in a moment, and my thoughts on Grass/Ground. Grass/Steel wouldn't work either, as a Fennekin would then have 4x super effectiveness against him. None of the options I've thought of allow Chespin to be 4x super effective against Froakie and for Froakie to have the same typing against Fennekin. Fennekin would need to be Fire/Ground or Fire/Rock, and of those only Ground could possibly make sense. If he is ground and Chespin Steel, then Froakie would need to be Rock, which seems very far fetched. This means that the only possible typing I see left for him is Grass/Ground, and Grass/Rock unless these pokemon go through some seriously drastic changes in their evolutions.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...24-d5steeu.gif (Just change the typing)
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/f0ef3cb19...e6sio1_500.png (My favorite of favorites)
    http://www.pokedit.com/boards/ckfind...es/chespin.jpg

Next we have Fennekin whom I think will be either Fire/Flying, Fire/Fighting or Fire/Psychic. Fire/Flying would give him a distinct advantage against Chespin though, especially if he turns out to be Fighting, the same can be said about Psychic, and if he was Fighting then Chespin would not be. So if my speculation on Fennekin is correct, Chespin CANNOT be Fighting as secondary. In the case of a Psychic Fennekin, a Dark Chespin would not work either, it would allow Chespin to be super effective against Fennekin, but then Froakie would have no such advantage versus Chespin, and it would be unequal. A case where this could work is if Froakie ends up being Water/Fighting, Chespin as Grass/Dark and Fennekin as Fire/Psychic, then all of them would be both weak to, and strong against their counter parts. However, again, I don't think a Water/Fighting Froakie would be accepted since he would be a carbon copy of Poliwrath.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/f0ef3cb19...e6sio1_500.png
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/7db938c02...yidjo1_500.png (My favorite of favorites)
    http://www.pokedit.com/boards/ckfind...evolutions.jpg
    http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...24-d5sxwbg.gif

In short, my hypothetical combinations are as follows:
    (Fennekin as Fire/Flying, Chespin as Grass/Ground, and Froakie as Water/Electric) This makes all of them weak and strong against eachother.
    (Fennekin as Fire/Psychic, Chespin as Grass/Dark, and Froakie as Water/Fighting) I don't think it will happen, but it's the only way I see to make Fennekin Psychic, and it technically would work.
    (Fennekin as Fire/Fighting, Chespin as Grass/Rock, and Froakie as Water/Flying) This makes all of them weak and strong against eachother, like option one.

So really only options one and three are in the race, I can't see them making Froakie Fighting. Due to angst from the community, I doubt they are going to make a fourth Fire/Fighting type, and the wing-like fur on Fennekin does inspire some Flying ideas. He is also based after a Desert fox, no? And we all know about the desert and it's ties to wind and heat.

In conclusion, I think that the typing will be option one, [Fennekin as Fire/Flying (Desert Fox), Chespin as Grass/Ground (Hedgehog), and Froakie as Water/Electric (Benjamin Franklin)]

Do you like this? Any problems with my post and theory? Please feel free to respond ^^ and thanks for reading.
    The only thing I will say is that it's not necessarily going to be a reverse triangle so all of the different type combinations you made are all possible. I don't think it will be a reverse triangle since the seem to not have interest in it.

Quote Originally Posted by strikeZone13 View Post
    3 things i want from these starters
    1. Froakie stay skinny, he could have a neckbeard for all i care, as long as he's not some fat toad.
    2. Fennekin stays on all fours, seriously we need a fire starter that stays on all fours.
    3. They make Chespin NOT look like a derpy ****head..

The types can all be random as long as these conditions are met.
    This... so much this.
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

My level 100s:

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Last one isn't to far off the snivy line.
    And would have loved the first oshawott evo
    I also highly doubt anyone could see embour coming
    The last one looks like it was made after the evolutions were known, they all have the same features as the real ones.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I think Fennekin will remain pure fire type. Although I hope it will gain a secondary type upon evolution(and I prefer one that hasn't been used before), GF uses the same typing too often for starters, and I doubt they will change it now. We started with grass/poison, and afterwards we only had one more type combination for grass (ground in gen 4) giving 3 pure grass and 2 duel types, for fire we started with fire/flying and then the pure fire type followed by a 3 in a row fire/fighting, water has also had 3 pure water types and one ground combination and one steel. Fire type has been pure fire only once compared to the grass (3) and water (3), and even though we got fire/fighting 3 times, I doubt they will give it a different typing. I hope my speculations are incorrect, but hoping for the best may lead to disappointment for me at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    Welcome!! You've got a lot of great ideas and speculations. Who's your favorite of the three??

As much as a Fire/Fighting Fennekin makes me cringe, I'd completely accept it if we got a Grass/Rock Chespin. But then again, we all know who my favorite is so... Your explanation of her other types are great too.

I like all of your Froakie ideas. I've got no expectations for his typing, really. As long as he's dual SOMETHING and has a nice design, I'm sold. All of your suggestions work wonderfully.

As for Chespin, I'm rooting for a Steel, Rock, Ground option. I like Grass/Rock the most as its an awesome type combo (and would fit into my master team). Grass/Ground for the same reason and Grass/Rock BUT is a bit discouraging as we already had a Grass/Ground starter. Grass/Steel is great too because...well, have you SEEN Ferrothorn??
    Thanks ^^ and honestly I would be on the fence between Chespin and Fennekin, however I have a little pact thing with my brother and cousin, and we rotate starters. I started with Charmander, my cousin with Squirtle, and my brother with Bulbasaur. So by this point the Rotation have landed on me with Chespin, Fennekin for my cousin and my brother gets Froakie. I probably would have originally picked Fennekin, but Chespin has grown on my a lot and my cousin really likes Fennekin, not to mention we really should keep the rotation. I just hope that Chespin doesn't look awful like Excdrill :x I want him to be Knight-like, something like Bisharp maybe. Considering the other generations besides gen1, one of the starting 3 is usually sort of humanoid, and I don't see Fennekin or Froakie being that so I hope to see it in Chespin

I personally wouldn't mind any of the speculated typings at all, as long as he looks good enough and has good enough stats to be in my team. He could be the Grass type I've been waiting for <3 I like the idea of Fire/Psychic Fennekin and it's lame that we probably won't see that, but Fire/Flying is sweet too and has a lot of cool ties with him as a desert fox (And makes him distinctly different from Ninetails and not a "Light" version of Zoroark). So I'd prefer not to see a Fire/Fighting Fennekin, I also really like the idea of a Water/Electric Froakie over Water/Flying (Although it would be cool to see a Water/Flying that isn't a bird or a fish, but then again you could say it would be nice to see a Water/Electric that isn't a fish or a washing machine :P), so I can't say that I'm really hoping for that even if we do get a Grass/Rock Chespin :P

Thanks for the compliments and the welcome ^^
    Last edited by ArdentSun; 4th February 2013 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drohn View Post
    I think Fennekin will remain pure fire type. Although I hope it will gain a secondary type upon evolution(and I prefer one that hasn't been used before), GF uses the same typing too often for starters, and I doubt they will change it now. We started with grass/poison, and afterwards we only had one more type combination for grass (ground in gen 4) giving 3 pure grass and 2 duel types, for fire we started with fire/flying and then the pure fire type followed by a 3 in a row fire/fighting, water has also had 3 pure water types and one ground combination and one steel. Fire type has been pure fire only once compared to the grass (3) and water (3), and even though we got fire/fighting 3 times, I doubt they will give it a different typing. I hope my speculations are incorrect, but hoping for the best may lead to disappointment for me at this moment.
    I think GF has seen a lot of the complaints about Fire/Fighting and I hope they are smart enough to not redo it. I'm really hoping for Fire/Flying, with Fire/Psychic being my second choice.

I think GF has seen a lot of the complaints about Fire/Fighting and I hope they are smart enough to not redo it. I'm really hoping for Fire/Flying, with Fire/Psychic being my second choice.
    I wasn't sure of the Flying until I saw those Fanarts with kind of wings in fennekin's fur. This is magnificent, dear god :P
    I am really thinking like you, Flying and Psychic would please me a lot !
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

I can't see fire/flying type happening for Fennekin but its not something I'd object to much...depending on how many rock types were in the game. Personally I don't care about the reverse triangle theory that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    I wasn't sure of the Flying until I saw those Fanarts with kind of wings in fennekin's fur. This is magnificent, dear god :P
    I am really thinking like you, Flying and Psychic would please me a lot !
    It gets even better if you think of him as a desert fox, and think of the ties with the desert wind and heat, not to mention the sphinx and perhaps even Anubis (For psychic typing?)
    And I'm really hoping for Water/Electric for Froakie since he looks so much like Benjamin Fraklin, and the ties between frogs and rain/storms.
    My hopes for Chespin is that he becomes some kind of humanoid. I DONT want another Excadrill, like this or this. I just want him to look cool

It gets even better if you think of him as a desert fox, and think of the ties with the desert wind and heat, not to mention the sphinx and perhaps even Anubis (For psychic typing?)
    And I'm really hoping for Water/Electric for Froakie since he looks so much like Benjamin Fraklin, and the ties between frogs and rain/storms.
    My hopes for Chespin is that he becomes some kind of humanoid. I DONT want another Excadrill, like this or this. I just want him to look cool
    You're right for Chespin, you make me realise that it seems very closely to Excadrill... hu
    I saw, before, an Assassin's Creed version of Chespin, it was wonderful (I just find it: http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=ches...assin#/d5qud6c)
    It's humanoid and good looking, creepy good looking
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

I honestly like the first one better, I DIDN'T think of Excadrill, I thought of an awesome Chespin evolution.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    You're right for Chespin, you make me realise that it seems very closely to Excadrill... hu
    I saw, before, an Assassin's Creed version of Chespin, it was wonderful (I just find it: http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=ches...assin#/d5qud6c)
    It's humanoid and good looking, creepy good looking
    Still more creative than 90% of the X and Y fan evo's.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

i like this evos
    http://midnitez-remix.deviantart.com...cept-347456782
    http://kaos-zukai.deviantart.com/art...cept-348230655
    http://toppera-tpr.deviantart.com/ar...ions-347708083

about coro coro, i think it wont reveal new pokemon, probably will show the art work of the starters and the legendary pokemon types

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Hazard View Post
    i've already seen rather...suggestive...fennekin cosplay art. and that's literally what happens if you just type in "fennekin" onto google images. geez, some people are messed up haha.

no such thing for froakie or chespin though. guess it's cuz they look more masculine.
    I gotta admit after reading this I looked it up. I also have to admit I spent about an hour doing it. And I like the Chespin evo with the hooded jacket to.
    http://videogameclown.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by felichar View Post
    i like this evos
    http://midnitez-remix.deviantart.com...cept-347456782
    http://kaos-zukai.deviantart.com/art...cept-348230655
    http://toppera-tpr.deviantart.com/ar...ions-347708083

about coro coro, i think it wont reveal new pokemon, probably will show the art work of the starters and the legendary pokemon types
    I like the first one, but it's the one we keep seeing. Ghost or Psychic, fanart look sometimes too much alike...

Only artworks ? What about legendaries types ?
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Fennekin reminds me chibirasu from Okamiden.
    Okami.jpg
    Fennekin has almost half the votes!
    I don't why haven't realized this, Okami is one of my favorite games.
    Last edited by DarkSword39; 4th February 2013 at 11:49 PM.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

I'm hoping CoroCoro reveals a ton, not like a TON, but I want a map of the region and at least five new Pokemon, Starter Evos not included.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    Fennekin reminds me chibirasu from Okamiden.
    Okami.jpg
    Fennekin has almost half the votes!
    I don't why haven't realized this, Okami is one of my favorite games.
    I was wondering if Fennekin reminded anyone else of Okami. It could be another reason I have such high hopes for the little fox, despite the possible disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    I'm hoping CoroCoro reveals a ton, not like a TON, but I want a map of the region and at least five new Pokemon, Starter Evos not included.
    We cannot expect that much because it's not in GF interest to reveal a lot of info.
    We are only in February, and last time, we received artworks and the legendaries names (That's all, right?)

So, the region and 5 new pokemon is maybe a lot even if I would like that
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

It doesn't have to be, but each of them has to have a secondary typing
    How do you figure?

Basically, certain type combos can't exist because they don't make sense (For instance, Fennekin being Fire/Steel or Fire/Poison)
    I don't see anything wrong with either of those typings. Fennekin could, perhaps, gain some steel plates or spit toxic fluid. I think both of those typings sounds cool, especially since Fire/Poison would be a unique type combo.

Gamefreak wouldn't make Poliwrath 2.0 or another Fire/Fighting type
    They wouldn't? When did they say that? I think a lot of people have been speculating Fighting as Froakie's secondary typing. I honestly would prefer Electric, but who's to say?
    And I'd prefer if Fennekin went the route of Fire/Flying, Ground, or Ghost over Fighting, but again, it could easily happen.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Personally I'd like to see them give us the starter evolution and or types then go quiet on the news for awhile. I keep getting spoilers when all I wanna know is what my starter will become. Though I doubt they'll give us anymore starter info for awhile.

I'm trying to not get to excited for CoroCoro. For all we know the only thing it will feature is character artwork and stills from the trailer. Hell, there might not be anything. Has it even been confirmed that CoroCoro will have anything on Pokemon X/Y? It's a good assumption but still just an assumption.
    http://videogameclown.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Kitsune View Post
    I can't see fire/flying type happening for Fennekin but its not something I'd object to much...depending on how many rock types were in the game. Personally I don't care about the reverse triangle theory that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    ^ I totally love your Fire/Flying, Grass/Ground, Water/Electric speculation.

Not sure why you're so hung up on the fact that it HAS to be a reverse triangle, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by BV101 View Post
    The only thing I will say is that it's not necessarily going to be a reverse triangle so all of the different type combinations you made are all possible. I don't think it will be a reverse triangle since the seem to not have interest in it.
    I just noticed I made an accident when typing my bit there. I stated that they were "All strong and weak against eachother" which gave people the wrong idea. I only noticed it right now, and I've fixed it. There is no reverse triangle, instead it is a double triangle of sorts. THey are not effective against eachother, but their typing is effective against both of their opposite's types, but not 4x super effective. For instance, in the case of my hypothetical Fennekin vs Chespin, it would be Fire/Flying vs Grass/Ground, this means Fennekin is immune to the ground moves and strong against the Grass moves, while Chespin is weak against fire.

I'll post the updated version of that bit here in a quote:
    In short, my hypothetical combinations are as follows:
    (Fennekin as Fire/Flying, Chespin as Grass/Ground, and Froakie as Water/Electric) This makes it so the Power Triangle actually has two lines, Fire beats grass, beats water, beats fire, and also Flying beats ground (Not super effective, but immune), beats Electric, beats Flying.
    (Fennekin as Fire/Psychic, Chespin as Grass/Dark, and Froakie as Water/Fighting) I don't think it will happen, but it's the only way I see to make Fennekin Psychic, and it technically would work.
    (Fennekin as Fire/Fighting, Chespin as Grass/Rock, and Froakie as Water/Flying) Same as option one except with different typing.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    How do you figure?

I don't see anything wrong with either of those typings. Fennekin could, perhaps, gain some steel plates or spit toxic fluid. I think both of those typings sounds cool, especially since Fire/Poison would be a unique type combo.

They wouldn't? When did they say that? I think a lot of people have been speculating Fighting as Froakie's secondary typing. I honestly would prefer Electric, but who's to say?
    And I'd prefer if Fennekin went the route of Fire/Flying, Ground, or Ghost over Fighting, but again, it could easily happen.
    For my hypothesis, I meant. I was giving them all secondary types, if they don't have secondary types then the speculation in that field doesn't really matter :P

Pokemon don't tend to evolve into things they look nothing like, especially starters.

You're being a bit literal with my statement here, if you had read my other posts I had said that I didn't THINK they would not do that. In that specific statement I am putting my faith in GF's ability to not make a horrible decision. I am sorry if you took that as me stating clear cut facts.

^ Oh hell yes. Only problems I have with it are the golden thorn stuff, and I think he should retain those leaf blades.

Page 284 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334384 ... LastLast