View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 285 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335385 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,125 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManager View Post
    Oh, right.
    Another evolution for Chespin.

Spoiler:- From Pixiv:
    That looks really cool, i would definity go with Chespin if the Evo was like this
    Ash: Serena what are you doing
    Serena: from now on Ash, you should call me your little pikachu

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745729/3/Seperate-Roads
    friend code friend safari, trade and battle 0962 9543 3828

Oh, right.

I approve. I think they look great, not my favorite of the fan evos but surely a good set. This also bring me to a decision I've finally made; I'm picking Chespin in Pokemon Z and Fennekin in X unless their official final evos go a way I don't like and Froakie's a amazing or something like that.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

I've seen many fan-made images for Chespins final evolution being a bear

No want

I hope Chespin turns out to be a kickass grass type. Grass types are usually frowned upon, which is sad (because they are all extremely awesome).

Fennekins will probably stay in a fire-fox form.

Froakies...hmm...

Many people see him as turning into this old frog wise looking Pokemon, which would be cool, but at the same time, boring.
    Pokemon Y Current Team

Or something more wolf-like.

I am personally hoping for a wolf evolution of Fennekin; I may actually pick it over Chespin if that happens.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepath View Post

No want

I hope Chespin turns out to be a kickass grass type. Grass types are usually frowned upon, which is sad (because they are all extremely awesome).

Froakies...hmm...

Many people see him as turning into this old frog wise looking Pokemon, which would be cool, but at the same time, boring.
    How bout instead of old and wise, drunken master froakie?! We've suggested this before.

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

True. We need more awesome grass types and less that are deathly slow and can pretty much use giga drain and sludge bomb and that's it. The only grass types I can ever recall really enjoy using were Leavanny (especially under Sunny Day - watch that girl slice'n'dice), Exeggutor (life orb and giga grain is hilarious), and my lovely Venusaur, who has been known to eat Cynthia's Garchomp for breakfast.

I wouldn't say no to a super-speedy attacker grass type, and I think that Chespin might become just that. Although those spikes could easily become defensive rather than offensive...
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

I'm loathe to say it, but Froakie looks nothing like Ben Franklin, he's obviously a stereotypical Japanese style thief, which was explained earlier in the thread...
    I hope Chespin gets better evolutions, right now its a little derp machine.
    Fennekin.... ehhh ive got nothing to say except that GF was trying too hard to make a main-stream starter.

I hope i don't sound like a douche... I'm just voicing my opinions.
    “Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

"And through me the Ring will gain an even greater power."
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Who's the greater wizard? Gandalf or his creator?

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Or something more wolf-like.

I am personally hoping for a wolf evolution of Fennekin; I may actually pick it over Chespin if that happens.
    same here. a wolf would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by ArdentSun View Post
    Pokemon don't tend to evolve into things they look nothing like, especially starters.
    Charmander gained wings, gained Flying.
    Piplup gained steel claws, gained Steel.
    Turtwig became a giant walking continent, gained Ground.

The point is that Fennekin doesn't have to look completely different to gain a typing like Steel or Poison.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by strikeZone13 View Post
    I'm loathe to say it, but Froakie looks nothing like Ben Franklin, he's obviously a stereotypical Japanese style thief, which was explained earlier in the thread...
    I hope Chespin gets better evolutions, right now its a little derp machine.
    Fennekin.... ehhh ive got nothing to say except that GF was trying too hard to make a main-stream starter.

I hope i don't sound like a douche... I'm just voicing my opinions.
    To the first, while the Japanese thief idea does carry weight, the Ben Franklin idea is completely capable of standing on its own. Just look at the design. Most depictions of Franklin we have portray him with spectacles on the bridge of his nose, and his best known portraits come from the Revolutionary era when he always wore a powdered wig that left his forehead bare and gave the impression of a receding hairline. Not to mention where the white goes onto his chest looks a lot like the white blouses (is blouse the right term? History buffs, correct me as you will) that many men of the era wore, along with his white gloves that yes, could be thief gloves, but could just as likely be part of the respectable gentleman's ensemble.

To your Fennekin point: That term you're using, I don't think you know what it means. Main-stream simply means something accepted as the norm by society. By that logic, every single starter is mainstream, because we all accept them as the norm. A better word to make your point might be cute, or marketable. And you wouldn't be wrong, just look at the poll results, Fennekin has had a great lead on the others since day 1.

Unless it's evolutions are incredible and as marketable as Charizard was, I have my doubts that the anime incarnation of Fennekin will evolve.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    To the first, while the Japanese thief idea does carry weight, the Ben Franklin idea is completely capable of standing on its own. Just look at the design. Most depictions of Franklin we have portray him with spectacles on the bridge of his nose, and his best known portraits come from the Revolutionary era when he always wore a powdered wig that left his forehead bare and gave the impression of a receding hairline. Not to mention where the white goes onto his chest looks a lot like the white blouses (is blouse the right term? History buffs, correct me as you will) that many men of the era wore, along with his white gloves that yes, could be thief gloves, but could just as likely be part of the respectable gentleman's ensemble.

To your Fennekin point: That term you're using, I don't think you know what it means. Main-stream simply means something accepted as the norm by society. By that logic, every single starter is mainstream, because we all accept them as the norm. A better word to make your point might be cute, or marketable. And you wouldn't be wrong, just look at the poll results, Fennekin has had a great lead on the others since day 1.

Unless it's evolutions are incredible and as marketable as Charizard was, I have my doubts that the anime incarnation of Fennekin will evolve.

Maybe Marketable is the better word, I just hear MAIN-STREAM tossed around so much it seemed like a term everyone would get.
    Ben Franklin did not have poofy hair, i'll give you the spectacle thing. The thief theory is just more consistent with what GF does. Plus i don't even know if there is a THIEF pokemon...

Plus i don't even know if there is a THIEF pokemon...
    Purrlion in a way and some Dark and Normal Pokemon. But, yea, I don't think there is a thief Pokemon either.

Thats what i figured...

I doubt Fennekin will be a dual type.

I mean, it's possible, but I just can't see it.

Also, yes, Fennekins final form would be nice as a wolf. It may seem a bit...off, of course. Unless the middle evolution is a combination between a fox and a wolf...which would also be interesting...
    Pokemon Y Current Team

There's a most likely fake corocoro scan going around with a revealed fennekin evolution. I was wondering if anyone could confirm if it's fake so my friends will stop freaking out as if it's real. Thanks.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/27ee59a7c...dlv9o1_400.jpg

Maybe Marketable is the better word, I just hear MAIN-STREAM tossed around so much it seemed like a term everyone would get.
    Ben Franklin did not have poofy hair, i'll give you the spectacle thing. The thief theory is just more consistent with what GF does. Plus i don't even know if there is a THIEF pokemon...
    Look up Ben Franklin on a google image search. Most of what we have of him shows that his hair flares out in the back, around where Froakie's does.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Icon Zeph View Post
    There's a most likely fake corocoro scan going around with a revealed fennekin evolution. I was wondering if anyone could confirm if it's fake so my friends will stop freaking out as if it's real. Thanks.

It's fake. I seem to recall a few pages back when that first popped up someone mentioned that the text on the side of the picture literally say "This is fake".

I would like to see Fennekin evolve into a sphinx like Pokemon, or even a wolf. I can easily see him as a flying type after looking at some of the wonderful fan art. Psychic or ground is fine too. Just. As long. As he isn't. A FIRE/FIGHTING TYPE. Blaziken made sense because he was a fighting chicken. Infernape was the monkey king. I don't want to see a boxing fox. It's not funny. The fire fighter pun is getting old.

I wish for Chespin to evolve into a knight or assassin like figure. Or a Robin Hood character. I don't care. Make him fast and hit his opponents hard. We need another Sceptile.

I have no comments on Froakie. I really don't know how Nintendo is going to work with his evolution. I just hope that they make him go beyond the defense role water starters tend to get.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Oh, right.

Love it! Mostly the 1 stage, it's awesome. Second one has those bananas that I don't particularly enjoy and that weird tie, but is still cool.

Chespin does NEED to be a kickass grass type, it's not fair, we've had other starters be really popular and be competitively awesome, we need a grass type starter in OU!!! I always choose the grass starter unless another one grips me intensely! (Totodile and Torchic!) and the starter I first choose always sticks in my favourites list...

Chespin becoming a bear.... Oh sweet mother Martel... That. Would. Be. Perfect! If people haven't guessed I love bears and I love grass types so a grass type bear?!?!? OhMyGodMyFavouritePokemonEverThatWouldBePerfect PleasePleaseLetThatHappen!

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

I'm done with the Ben Franklin thing..... People believe what the want, and i got out argued.
    The chespin evo above is crazy awesome

I really don't like that Chespin Evolution... I don't like it... It's, :-/ I just don't like anything about it... Not where I want Chespin to go..

This is all very exciting, imagining what they will be but... I just want some confirmation lol

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

Quote Originally Posted by Icon Zeph View Post

Most likely fake. It doesn't have that Pokemon feeling to it.

And if it turns out to be real, it will be a trainwreck.
    Pokemon Y Current Team

Noodle arms nuff said...

Probably the most realistic fakes I've seen so far.
    33210333_m (1).jpg

Page 285 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335385 ... LastLast