View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 287 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337387 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,175 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    By the way, it's not ALL we know. We know that Fennekin has the option to use Psychic attacks, we know that Chespin can likely use a Dark-type attack, and that Froakie can use melee type moves that look a lot like how Close Combat looks in the animé.
    That "information" is from a source that Serebii has yet to confirm and post about so I am referring to it as speculation. Even if that was confirmed information, it's not conclusive. Words like "may" and "possible" are far from confirmed information.

EDIT: I also meant to include in my original post about the fact that Flying trumps both Fighting and Grass, Rock trumps both Fire and Flying. Fire and Fighting trump ONLY Grass and Rock. That was my original argument that I forgot to completely expand on. Water and Grass' dual types have advantages over both of the opposing starters while Fire is alone with one trump. That is the imbalance I'm referring to.
    Last edited by SlowPokeBroKing; 5th February 2013 at 8:17 AM.

we know that Chespin can likely use a Dark-type attack
    Nowedon'tARGHHEYGFIGDWDFIWF

For the gazillionth time, Chespin used Aerial Ace. The move it used in the trailer has the exact same animation as Aerial Ace had.
    So all these Dark/Psychic/Fighting theories are rubbish.

I swear, Serebii needs to plaster "Chespin used Aerial Ace!" in big bold letters on the main site or something.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post

For the gazillionth time, Chespin used Aerial Ace. The move it used in the trailer has the exact same animation as Aerial Ace had.

I swear, Serebii needs to plaster "Chespin used Aerial Ace!" in big bold letters on the main site or something.
    Even if you say that for the nth time, as long as it's not 100% confirmed, you cannot claim it as fact. Even if it is too obvious and is ready to smack you in the face.
    So yeah... let people speculate.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

It didn't look like Aerial Ace. The worst evolution there is.

Last edited by Quilava42; 5th February 2013 at 12:14 PM.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Even if it IS Aerial Ace, the Dark/Psychic/Fighting speculation could be perfectly valid.
    There are plenty of Dark-types that can use Aerial Ace.
    Not that I think it'll be Dark. I'm just saying the possibility is there.

And if Serebii were to plaster that on the site, he'd end up looking like a moron if it's not true. As would you.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

That honestly looked more like night slash to me, especially when I compared it to past games' aerial ace and night slash. It could be aerial ace, but Im leaning more over to night slash.

Also as YellowHat's Revenge said, if Serebii plastered that on the site and it was wrong it would make him look like a moron. It's not a 100% fact until GF confirms it or we all own X and/or Y.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post

Fake. Lame attempt at Sugimori-style. The shading and highlights are off.
    Poor Japanese too. Added to the list of fakes.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post

Pretty sure I saw proof of the fakeness to that on tumblr a few days ago. I am surprised it took this long to get on here. Also I agree, it's the worst of the fan evos for Fennekin thus far.

^ As much as the neck ruffle is pretty, this has just reminded me why Fennekin's final evolution standing on two legs is a case of DO NOT WANT for me. Although I'm sure GF could make it more graceful than the LOLfest above.

Out of curiosity, people are always talking about the 'horrible japanese' in these fake scans. What the heck do they actually say, is it like Engrish reversed (i.e. baka gaijin attempt at Japanese)?

Anyofftopic, I'm doubting CoroCoro will give us the starter evos this month anyway, so the fakers are REALLY jumping the gun. We might get Yveltal and Xerneas' typing, and MAYBE a silhouette, but I'd bet good pokedollars that's all we're getting until March. I'll be very happy to be proved wrong, though
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

None of the fire starters are on all fours so it would be nice to see (the change between quilava to typhlosion alway disappointed me)

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

I think GF has realized wutg tge exception of Typhlosion's way of alternating, there's a lack of a quadrupedal fire starter and they hopefully plan to make Fennekin the first. I honestly think the reason why I hate that one Fennekin evo is because it's it bipedal and I just don't think GF should go that direction with Fennekin. I also think Chespin should be bipedal and Froakie should be able to alternate like Marshtomp during their final forms.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Psychic/Ark/Fighting is already corrupted in the sense that Dark does not resist Psychic,mit is Immune. And something else that corrupts it, is that while Dark and Fighting are neartral against themselves, Psychic resists itself.
    Finally! That's why I don't like of the triangule Psychic/Dark/Fighting.

By the way, it's not ALL we know. We know that Fennekin has the option to use Psychic attacks, we know that Chespin can likely use a Dark-type attack, and that Froakie can use melee type moves that look a lot like how Close Combat looks in the animé.
    Actually, No.
    We don't know that. If that moves in the trailer was Psychic and Dark is debatable.
    Last edited by DarkManager; 5th February 2013 at 2:28 PM.

I think i go with chespin but fennekin looks awesome too i hope they show the evolved forms soon^-^

For all those of you saying that you don't like Psychic/Dark/Fighting triangle and/or the Fighting/Rock/Flying triangle, that you think it's imbalanced or plain stupid. Have you considered the Flying/Ground/Electric triangle? I posed all of my speculation a few pages back, here. I've listed all 3 of these possible combinations and why some of them work better than others, take a look if you want.

Also, these evolutions, posted a bit back, are awesome. With the exception that Fennekin looks nicer, I can almost gaurantee he won't be a ghost type guys. A psychic starter may be possible, but a ghost starter would just be incredibly strange. Not to mention, how would the other types even out? He would be immune to normal and Fighting, resistant to Bug and Poison (Some of the main enemy attacks in the game, I would think), and only weak to Dark and Ghost, so that means Chespin could be Dark? And Froakie gets nothing cool? The first Dark and Ghost starters and Froakie gets left out of the party? I doubt it.

In my post I state that some of the best type combos (Barring monotypes, because then it doesn't even matter) are as follows:
    Fire/Fighting, Grass/Rock, Water/Flying
    Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, Water/Fighting
    Fire/Flying, Grass/Ground, Water/Electric

Of those three, the last one seems to be the best option (Read my post that I linked above for further information).

In regards to some other talk, I think that Chespin was indeed using Night Slash, but this does not mean he is going to be Dark. If you notice, he's fighting a Ghost/Ground pokemon, Night Slash makes perfect sense, Aerial Ace? Not so much. Fennekin does indeed look like it's using a psychic attack, but that doesn't mean it's part psychic. Plenty of pokemon (Especially those based on parts of mythology, like a fox) have psychic abilities without actually being psychic. Froakie also looks like he is using a Fighting or Flying type move (Acrobatics, perhaps?) but again, this says nothing of his final type as these types of attacks are not rare, especially on pokemon with the legs to use them :P
    Last edited by ArdentSun; 5th February 2013 at 3:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArdentSun View Post
    For all those of you saying that you don't like Psychic/Dark/Fighting triangle and/or the Fighting/Rock/Flying triangle, that you think it's imbalanced or plain stupid. Have you considered the Flying/Ground/Electric triangle? I posed all of my speculation a few pages back, here. I've listed all 3 of these possible combinations and why some of them work better than others, take a look if you want.

Also, these evolutions, posted a bit back, are awesome. With the exception that Fennekin looks nicer, I can almost gaurantee he won't be a ghost type guys. A psychic starter may be possible, but a ghost starter would just be incredibly strange. Not to mention, how would the other types even out? He would be immune to normal and Fighting, resistant to Bug and Poison (Some of the main enemy attacks in the game, I would think), and only weak to Dark and Ghost, so that means Chespin could be Dark? And Froakie gets nothing cool? The first Dark and Ghost starters and Froakie gets left out of the party? I doubt it.

In my post I state that some of the best type combos (Barring monotypes, because then it doesn't even matter) are as follows:

Of those three, the last one seems to be the best option (Read my post that I linked above for further information).

In regards to some other talk, I think that Chespin was indeed using Night Slash, but this does not mean he is going to be Dark. If you notice, he's fighting a Ghost/Ground pokemon, Night Slash makes perfect sense, Aerial Ace? Not so much. Fennekin does indeed look like it's using a psychic attack, but that doesn't mean it's part psychic. Plenty of pokemon (Especially those based on parts of mythology, like a fox) have psychic abilities without actually being psychic. Froakie also looks like he is using a Fighting or Flying type move (Acrobatics, perhaps?) but again, this says nothing of his final type as these types of attacks are not rare, especially on pokemon with the legs to use them :P
    Fennekin a Fire/Flying type? Not sure if you're trolling. That would get an even worse reaction than Fire/Fighting. Also it's a fox, how the heck would it sprout wings and able to fly? Well there's Bagon but that's a dragon...

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    Fennekin a Fire/Flying type? Not sure if you're trolling. That would get an even worse reaction than Fire/Fighting. Also it's a fox, how the heck would it sprout wings and able to fly? Well there's Bagon but that's a dragon...
    It has huge ears and tufts of wing-like fur all over it's body? I don't know. Something like this?
    It doesn't actually have to be able to learn Fly. As I recall, Charizard couldn't, and neither can some other pokemon with wings like Scizor. Some pokemon such as Gyarados are flying type but have barely any flying moves at all and no wings. It could happen and be like a desert fox-sphinx thing. Or are people really wanting it to just be a carbon copy of Ninetails and then have Froakie be a Poliwrath clone?
    Last edited by ArdentSun; 5th February 2013 at 3:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    Well a not well known subject but (and no i am not trolling or anything. it just is interesting...) Pteropus order of the bats are known colloquialy as flying foxes. They actually do look like foxes. but i have to agree i just dont see fennekin as fire/fly even if there are wing like sprouts above hindlegs....

P.S: Althou GF likes to keep evos more or less consistent there have been some questionable evos...

Fire/Flying as the best option? Doubtful. Mostly because that trio is unbalanced. While Water Electric defeats BOTH types of the Fire starter, the Fire Starter only can do regular damage for the part Ground type. Even if Flying is inmune to ground, that doesn't mean it's strong against it.

And the first trio could be better balance like this:
    Fire/Flying - Grass/Rock - Water/Fighting
    So everyone can beat the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Fire/Flying as the best option? Doubtful. Mostly because that trio is unbalanced. While Water Electric defeats BOTH types of the Fire starter, the Fire Starter only can do regular damage for the part Ground type. Even if Flying is inmune to ground, that doesn't mean it's strong against it.

And the first trio could be better balance like this:
    Fire/Flying - Grass/Rock - Water/Fighting
    So everyone can beat the others.
    I was under the impression that it would be able to do super effective damage against a grass type even if it was Grass/Ground. So then wouldn't your pairing of Grass/Rock also cause Fire to do normal damage? In this case, your example of Fire/Flying - Grass/Rock - Water/Fighting is even worse than mine. Chespin can do 4x super effective damage against Fennekin, while Fennekin can only do normal and resisted damage.

Still, this does not help my case even if it does hurt yours, and I can't ignore your original point. So then perhaps option 2 is the best, and we'll just have to deal with having Poliwrath and Ninetails 2.0 x.x Option one is still in the running as well, but a Fire/Fighting Fennekin may be even worse than two new pokemon that strongly resemble Ninetails and poliwrath Anyway, I think I'll be happy as long as Chespin follows these rules:
    Remains Humanoid
    Becomes mostly green, less brown.
    Is OU or at least usable in OU.
    Looks nothing like Excadrill.

You know what else I'd like to see in the new generation, some new physical Electric moves >.>
    Last edited by ArdentSun; 5th February 2013 at 5:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManager View Post
    Oh, right.
    Another evolution for Chespin.

Spoiler:- From Pixiv:
    This is one of the best grass evolution designs I've seen. Don't care if it's fake or not. Maybe part dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin1 View Post
    I rather it being on all four legs because it makes it look like a bad Lucario flame clone.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 5th February 2013 at 5:39 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    This is one of the best grass evolution designs I've seen. Don't care if it's fake or not. Maybe part dragon?
    I like this a lot. I don't think they would make it part dragon though, cool as that would be, partly because it would be available too early in the game to people who use their starters a lot and partly because, well it just doesn't look reptilian enough.

White 1335 5361 5411
    White 2 3740 7568 0796

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    ^ As much as the neck ruffle is pretty, this has just reminded me why Fennekin's final evolution standing on two legs is a case of DO NOT WANT for me. Although I'm sure GF could make it more graceful than the LOLfest above.

Out of curiosity, people are always talking about the 'horrible japanese' in these fake scans. What the heck do they actually say, is it like Engrish reversed (i.e. baka gaijin attempt at Japanese)?

Anyofftopic, I'm doubting CoroCoro will give us the starter evos this month anyway, so the fakers are REALLY jumping the gun. We might get Yveltal and Xerneas' typing, and MAYBE a silhouette, but I'd bet good pokedollars that's all we're getting until March. I'll be very happy to be proved wrong, though
    oh please noooo I need something anything give me at least a regional bird or bug!!!! I can't make it another month with no real info... But yeah I think it is to early for anything on the starters.

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

It looks like a Fire/Fighting type, the FAKE evolution.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

That chespin evo is, hands down, the best design I've seen thus far

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    That chespin evo is, hands down, the best design I've seen thus far
    To me, it looks, dinosaurish.
    I'm CURRENTLY making fakies of the starters evolutions.
    Wish me luck!
    P.S. It'll be my 50th post!
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Page 287 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337387 ... LastLast