View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 289 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339389 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,225 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rosalie's Roselia View Post
    I hope Chespin evolve into some thing that doesn't look like a copy-paste of Oshawott and his evolutions
    You and me both, sis. I'm still pressed over how Gamefreak decided to make fun of one of the best Water-types ever by giving him a Grass-type twin. Like seriously, what was that about? Same goes for Froakie though. I hope to God that its final form doesn't look anything like Seismitoad, but I'm 99% sure that it will. Sigh. At least there's hope for Fennekin. I want that Ninetales & Zoroark hybrid. That would be better than a straight-up copy of a previous Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    You and me both, sis. I'm still pressed over how Gamefreak decided to make fun of one of the best Water-types ever by giving him a Grass-type twin. Like seriously, what was that about? Same goes for Froakie though. I hope to God that its final form doesn't look anything like Seismitoad, but I'm 99% sure that it will. Sigh. At least there's hope for Fennekin. I want that Ninetales & Zoroark hybrid. That would be better than a straight-up copy of a previous Pokemon.
    Yah, even though Chespin looks nothing like Oshawott, sure they both have round heads and...umm...well I guess that's it actually, different colours, different body, different arms, legs, tails, head is actually different besides the shape. Long lost twins clearly.

Froakie obviously isn't going to look like Seismitoad in the end, for one, the former has foam that is obviously going to work it's way into the design which is going to make it different enough from Seismitoad even if Froakie's evolution ends up bulky like it.

EDIT: Odd, the person you quoted redirects to:
    vBulletin Message
    No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    Can't seem to find an actual member with the same name either.
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 6th February 2013 at 5:08 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I really hope that Fennekin doesn't become Fire/Flying or Fire/Fighting, I hope it gets a second time, but it needs to be something original. I personally hope it gains either Psychic, Ground, or Electric for a second type. No repeats this generation on starter typing, please.

Also, Froakie does not look like anything other frog/toad Pokemon from the past, it's its own species, and will be totally different as it evolves as well. The comparisons need to stop, because they're utterly useless.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

I don't like any of those Chespin evolutions... The only one I'd be ok with would be the 4th one I guess...

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

The third and fourth ones are the only ones I sort of like of those Chespin evos. I still think one of the best was a few pages back with some gold on it. I thought that one looked great.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

The 1st stage evolution for Chespin in the third one looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    Some more Chespin fakemon evos I found...

Spoiler:- BUFF Chespin Evo:

Spoiler:- Various Chespin Evos:

Spoiler:- Frightening Chespin Evo:

Spoiler:- Literal Chespin Evo:

Spoiler:- Long Chespin Evo:

Spoiler:- Monsterous Chespin Evo:

I'm only a fan of the 1st and 2nd, to be honest. What do you all think??
    Wow, the first one look really epic. I wish they would have added color to it.
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

Stop discussing fan art or you'll be infracted for spamming.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    Whoa, we can't talk about the starters fanart? I wish we can seeing as there haven't been any news, but Sorry...
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

Oh jeez, thanks for the heads up.

^ But it is speculation and discussion, no rudeness but that is kinda dumb.

Discuss the three new starter Pokemon for 6th gen!

All posts, speculation or not, should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!
    Where does it say NO FANART?

All of the fan art is speculation though so why is that spamming? I agree if we were linking it over and over and going "omg you guys this is it, the one we've all been waiting for!" All the time would be spamming lol

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

^ It has been going on since page 1 and i agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7437 View Post
    ^ But it is speculation and discussion, no rudeness but that is kinda dumb.

Where does it say NO FANART?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcubxox View Post
    All of the fan art is speculation though so why is that spamming? I agree if we were linking it over and over and going "omg you guys this is it, the one we've all been waiting for!" All the time would be spamming lol

The difference between discussing the evolution of the new starters and fanart is that one actually involves speculating on the new starters, while the other involves discussing someone's unofficial artwork.

If I, or other mods, see something that could be considered spam, then we have the right to tell you to stop. I gave you a warning so you'd know.

If we discuss the FakeMon, that is discussion and speculation because you may speculate that they may look like that, or hope they look like that. I have to disagree with you Kreis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7437 View Post
    If we discuss the FakeMon, that is discussion and speculation because you may speculate that they may look like that, or hope they look like that. I have to disagree with you Kreis.

You can disagree with me all you want, it's not going to stop me from infracting you for spamming. So either you listen or get infracted, I'm going to do my job regardless if you agree with me or not.

And as I said, it's fine speculating on the starters, but you're talking about made up artwork, which I'd rather you not do. Many of you constantly keep posting images saying LOOK AT THIS, LOOK I FOUND MORE, HEY LOOK AT THIS NEW FAN ART I FOUND. It's spam. Stop it.

You can disagree with me all you want, it's not going to stop me from infracting you for spamming. So either you listen or get infracted, I'm going to do my job regardless if you agree with me or not.

And as I said, it's fine speculating on the starters, but you're talking about made up artwork, which I'd rather you not do. Many of you constantly keep posting images saying LOOK AT THIS, LOOK I FOUND MORE, HEY LOOK AT THIS NEW FAN ART I FOUND. It's spam. Stop it.
    Power hungry, eh?

I don't see the issue. There is no official news on starters other than their names, pictures, and types. I like looking at all the fan art seeing ideas of what they could turn into. I'm sure as soon as Game Freak gives us something new regarding the starters all this will stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin888 View Post
    Power hungry, eh?

I don't see the issue. There is no official news on starters other than their names, pictures, and types. I like looking at all the fan art seeing ideas of what they could turn into. I'm sure as soon as Game Freak gives us something new regarding the starters all this will stop.
    Well, they're still unofficial, and as this is about the actual Pokémon the,selves, the real Poké should be discussed, not drawings and fakemons by people across the onterwebz.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin888 View Post
    Power hungry, eh?

It has nothing about being power hungry, it's about attempting to keep the forum free from spam as best that we, the staff, can.

The issue is that, as the user above me said, is that you're basically discussing unofficial images. They're fan art, if you want to discuss the creator's fan art, then go to DeviantArt and talk about it there. This place is discuss official information and speculate on the information that we have been given.

Let me let you, and everyone else, in on a little secret:
    You don't have to post if there's nothing to discuss.

In fact, I'd rather you guys not post if you have nothing constructive or pertinent to say, because it just causes clutter and spam. You encourage others to do the same, and it just causes me and other staff members to waste our time deleting spammy posts.

Anyway, I don't want to see any more replies to this post or any other post that I've made. Don't discuss fan art, disagree? PM a staff member of this section and talk to them there. Stop using this thread to pout and moan about unfairness.

Anyway, I'm wondering what this set's special thing is.

Gen I was, well, the first :P
    Gen II the only Gen with Pure Starters the whole way
    Gen III the only ne with signature moves
    Gen IV had the traingle completely messed up because of Torterra and Empoleon's Ground and Steel typing respectively
    Gen V had... Dunno.

Gen VI'll get ???

E, I'm not sure wether this is worthy of discussion.

I hope we do get signature moves back tough.

Eh. Fennekin will evolve and be Fighting. Jinx!
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post

Eh. Fennekin will evolve and be Fighting. Jinx!

Eh.

I don't think she will, but Fennekin does actually seem like a Pokémon to be able to learn fighting moves... Maybe it could eventually learn Aura Sphere through breeding/Levelling if the Psychic Theory is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Anyway, I'm wondering what this set's special thing is.

Gen I was, well, the first :P
    Gen II the only Gen with Pure Starters the whole way
    Gen III the only ne with signature moves
    Gen IV had the traingle completely messed up because of Torterra and Empoleon's Ground and Steel typing respectively
    Gen V had... Dunno.

Gen VI'll get ???

E, I'm not sure wether this is worthy of discussion.

I hope we do get signature moves back tough.
    The Gen V starters represent different countries, at least this is what I've heard.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 7th February 2013 at 12:01 AM.

you know what'd be hilarious?

if fennekin evolves into the ugliest thing we've ever seen.

that'd be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore.com View Post
    you know what'd be hilarious?

if fennekin evolves into the ugliest thing we've ever seen.

that'd be hilarious.
    It's funny, because people think Fennekin is so cute, and is the "favorite" among most people of the three generation starters. I too would find it humorous if Fennekin ended up being the least attractive of the three when fully evolved.

Froakie is my favorite, and regardless of what he evolves into, he's what I'll choose, because water type starters have always been my go to. I just hope we're given unique typing for the starters, do something different.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Page 289 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339389 ... LastLast