View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 29 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339791291029 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I never liked any of the starters when I first saw them (except gen 1 cause they are just awesome!) but I freaking LOVE Froakie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by psyrose3 View Post
    So I've gone back through the video and this might be a bit of a stretch, but I'm narrowing down the moves Froakie could be using against Patrat.

I'm pretty sure it's either Thief or Wake Up Slap. Considering the latter has been consistently depicted with blue effects, the move is probably Wake Up Slap.

Could it have been Acrobatics?
    Last edited by TheNepsenify; 9th January 2013 at 12:18 AM.
    Save Our Voice Actors -- Sign the petition!

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Except they can.
    I know, after I made the statement I decided to look it up to be sure. I was wrong

Here is my theory (or maybe just what I am hoping for xD)
    Chespin > Grass/Dark
    Fennekin > Fire/Psychic
    Froakie> Water/Fighting

You have no idea how much I would love this, it is the same balanced style that the gen 4 starters had, there is already speculation that Froakie is part fighting and Fennekin is part Psychic... also I have been hoping for a Part Dark starter for a very long time.

Needless to say, unless the evolutions are really messed up, I will be choosing Chespin <3

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Fennekin reminds me a little too much of Vulpix, which I never dug. Not calling it "unoriginal" or anything, it just doesn't do it for me so much. Froakie is adorable and Chespin is really interesting; I'm definitely interested to see the latter's evolutions.

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNepsenify View Post
    Could it have been Acrobatics?
    Yeah,it could have been.Or Aerial Ace.Everyone is so convinced that Chespin will be a Grass/Dark type.I think it'll be a Grass/Electric type^^

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    When was the last time GameFreak based a Pokemon's typing purely off its real-world counterpart's occasional mannerisms?
    But if they can make the jump from an animal that lives in the dessert to Fire-type, why wouldn't they make the same jump from animal that lives in sand to Ground-type? It's not like a fennec fox can actually create earthquakes in real life.

Was there more info released about the Starters other then the picture and names? Did I miss something lol XD

Back home! TO HOENN!

Poochyena is claimed by me!
        Spoiler:- Who made what:

Chespin seems like a Beaver to me for some reason not a headgehog but "I like SANIC so iz cule to haf green SANIC!"

I am very eagerly awaiting news on their evos, but not so fast let me have some time to soak in their adorableness first. Fennekin stole my heart from first glance, but Chespin is growing on me. Froakie is cute, but nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Absol View Post
    Here is my theory (or maybe just what I am hoping for xD)
    Chespin > Grass/Dark
    Fennekin > Fire/Psychic
    Froakie> Water/Fighting

You have no idea how much I would love this, it is the same balanced style that the gen 4 starters had, there is already speculation that Froakie is part fighting and Fennekin is part Psychic... also I have been hoping for a Part Dark starter for a very long time.

Needless to say, unless the evolutions are really messed up, I will be choosing Chespin <3
    I agree with this. :P
    I thought Fennekin was a half psychic-type when I saw it use that move on Kirlia.

Actually Fennekin being fire type makes sense. One thing that deserts and fire have in common, they're hot.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Actually Fennekin being fire type makes sense. One thing that deserts and fire have in common, they're hot.
    I see what you did there.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Just based on the first forms the order in which I would pick the Starters is Fennekin, Froakie, and Chespin. Fennekin is cute and the most appealing of the 3 starters for me. Froakie, it's really kind of meh for me, mainly because its a frog, which gamefreak has provided several water and one poison variants, I have always picked the water starter first, but this time Froakie doesn't inspire much I want from all three. Chespin, I don't know what to think of it, but Fennekin and Froakie are my top picks of the 3, so I need to get one from wifi when I get X and Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Manene! View Post
    But if they can make the jump from an animal that lives in the dessert to Fire-type, why wouldn't they make the same jump from animal that lives in sand to Ground-type? It's not like a fennec fox can actually create earthquakes in real life.
    The odds of a non-Psychic learning the moves I mentioned earlier are against it
    But I agree with your logic: Why wouldn't they make a fox that lives in the dessert with psychic moves a psychic?

I actually really like all three of these starters, which kind of surprises me. Chespin looks kinda derpy, but it's cute. Fennekin looks really cool, I really hope its evolved forms look cool too since I'm probably gonna choose it. Froakie reminds me of this guy.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

As for my opinion of the starters my first impression of them were they are okay. I know for a fact though that I like Fennikin better than Tepig already lol But hey they may grow to be one of my favs. Snivy became my favorite grass starter and favorite grass Pokemon and I was a bit iffy about it at first.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

There is logic behind Fennekin's origin. But, I do hope that it's not Fire/Ground. That's a double weakness to Water. Have we ever gotten something like this on a Starter?

I think fennekin will be a fire type only or a fire/psychic (just because it used a psychic attack in my opinon). I would be resistant to bug but weak to dar and ghost... bad typing... (5 weaknesses) maybe just fire in my opinion

__________________________________________________ _
    Pokemon X Version Friend Code: 5043 3821 1755

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    There is logic behind Fennekin's origin. But, I do hope that it's not Fire/Ground. That's a double weakness to Water. Have we ever gotten something like this on a Starter?
    I think in Gen 1 with Bulbasaur wasnt Bug Super effective against Grass and Poison

Also Charizard is Fire/Flying so it has a double weakness to rock

Charizard- 4x rock
    Torterra- 4x ice
    Swampert- 4x grass

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Chespin's shiny form better replace green with blue...

Charizard (Fire/Flying; Double to Rock)
    Swampert (Water/Ground; Double to Grass)
    Torterra (Grass/Ground; Double to Ice)

does that answer your question?
    Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh I HATE the Macarena!

Black FC: 0389-8081-4375
    White FC: 3009-7392-4895
    Black 2 FC: 2323-3950-3357
    White 2 FC: 2967-6401-6065
    3DS FC: 0173-1521-1168 (Witha FS Of Rock containing Pupitar, Dweeble and Barbaracle)

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Oh, I didn't know that they lived in the desert too...
    While it's a good argument I still don't think it's fire-ground
    Psywave/Psybeam/Psyshock/Psystrike, whatever it is, is mostly used by psychic pokemon. Furthermore, not a single ground pokemon, except the ground/psychic Baltoy-Claydol, can learn them.
    While it is possible that it's a ground type, I feel that the odds are against it.
    So because it knows one psychic move, it's more likely to be a psychic type instead of ground, even though it's based on a fox that lives in the dessert? Okay then.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Chespin's shiny form better replace green with blue...
    I hope there's more distinct shiny's in general, meaning less shinies being just a different shade.
    I'd love Froakie's to be silver or gold.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Page 29 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339791291029 ... LastLast