View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 291 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,275 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Drohn View Post
    I definitely think it was Aerial Ace, although you're right that we can't conclude the type from the move used. Another grass/flying would actually be quite nice in my opinion Serperior and many others can also use Aerial Ace though, so we won't know until we know.
    I would hate Chespin to become Grass/Flying. I don't see it becoming that, but you never know. I think Chespin's gonna be the defensive starter, though I hope it isn't and has high attack and speed.

My favorites team:

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin17 View Post
    I would hate Chespin to become Grass/Flying. I don't see it becoming that, but you never know. I think Chespin's gonna be the defensive starter, though I hope it isn't and has high attack and speed.
    Just because Chespin used Aerial Ace, doesn't mean he'll be Grass/Flying. Plus I see no way how he could end up being a flying type.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    Just because Chespin used Aerial Ace, doesn't mean he'll be Grass/Flying. Plus I see no way how he could end up being a flying type.
    The leaves become rotors and it becomes a Grass/Flying helicopter rodent. Nah, I wanna see Grass/Rock, Grass/Steel, Grass/Dark, or just pure Grass. I don't want to see Grass/Ground, Grass/Flying (Highly unlikely anyways), or Grass/Bug.

My favorites team:

Well, they can pretty much add wings to almost any Pokemon and make it look good with the right design.. Charmander doesn't look like a flying type, Bagon doesn't look anything like Salamence.. I don't say the move is proof for it becoming a flying type, nor do I "hope" for it.. But I wouldn't mind it. I care more about the design/movepool than the typing (although I do hope for one that doesn't give it too many weaknesses).

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin17 View Post
    I think Chespin's gonna be the defensive starter
    Based on its design, you're probably right. It looks more defensive than the other two, having thorns and its back kinda looking like a protective shell. (Sort of.) I could see its back becoming more armor-like as it evolves.

Froakie might be the speedy one, based on that quick ninja move it used. And those long legs don't give off an impression of slowness.

That leaves Fennekin as offensive-based I suppose, considering fire usually seems aggressive and offensive. Probably a Special attacker rather than Physical, since it used Flamethrower and what appeared to be a Psychic attack. Chespin will most likely be Physical-based. Froakie could go either way.

You're right about Aerial Ace not automatically meaning flying (Zangoose, Dugtrio, Persian, Sceptile... the list goes on and on) but we can't really discount types based on looks. Piplup looked nothing a Steel type and Tepig was nothing like a Fighting type. Neither was Torchic, for that matter.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Froakie's move looks like Fury Swipes too me

There is too little evidence to suggest conclusively what, if any, the starters' second type will be. As it has been pointed out many pokemon can learn Aerial Ace that are not part flying. Same goes for Psychic and Close Combat (that's what Froakie's attack looks like to me)

In short... GF GIVE US MORE INFO KTHNXBAI!!!!
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

My level 100s:

the types dont concern me but if fennekin becomes fire/fighting i will keep playing y no matter what.now if chespin is grass/dark eh i might not choose him.froakie well i will get him at a later time.
    3ds friend code:1091-7776-4833

XBOX GAMERTAG: PIZZA NINJA831 [DONT ASK BOUT THE NAME]

I WATCH A TON OF ANIME,SO I GUESS YOU CAN SAY MY DREAM NO AMBITION WAS INFLUENCED BY IT ALOT HAHAHA.

CHANGING THE WORLD ONE STEP AT A TIME.

As much as I would love for Chespin to become Grass/Steel, I really don't think it will be the case. Your rival would have 4x super effectiveness STAB against you, which I think is unheard of? If Chespin does become Grass/Steel, the only way I'd be comfortable is if Fennekin is slower than him, or at the very least he gets some good priority moves. I think the base stats posted a little back are a bit off base, simply due to the typing. Grass/Steel would have closer to 120 defense I would think, which I would love. It would be awesome if Chespin becomes similar to Scizor, there aren't many pokemon that compete with Scizor in his niche. Personally, I'm hoping that Chespin will either be attack-strong with moderate defense and speed or Attack and defense-strong with many priority moves. I'm leaning more towards the second option, because I feel if he is given enough speed to be competitive, he will lose a lot in terms of attack and defense. It doesn't matter to me if he's secondary Steel, Rock, Ground, etc as long as he remains Bipedal and humanoid. Do not want Excadrill. I think it would be cool if his final evolution made him look like a furry Link xD If he is Steel, I think I hope for the Scizor niche, and if he is Ground I hope he gets some good speed and attack like Sandslash. I don't think Rock will happen due to it's strength against Fennekin, especially if Fennekin turns out to be Fire/Flying. Honestly, if I had to speculate, I think they would give us a new Scizor-esque pokemon, considering a grass hedgehog and a ground hedgehog/shrew have been done before, a steel humanoid hedgehog is pretty original. Unless he looks like Metal Sonic painted camouflage :P

On the NightSlash/Aerial Ace discussion, I'd like to put in my opinion. I'm not saying Chespin will be this or that, but I think it was NightSlash. The animation of Aerial Ace from BW2 had no purple "Dark-esque" animation, as the move Chespin used has. It's entirely possible that they thought Aerial Ace's animation was more suited for NightSlash, considering that before BW2 Aerial Ace has always looked like a "wind-blade" hitting the enemy. Furthermore, if it IS Aerial Ace, why did they add the purple animation? There is absolutely no reason to do that at all. I think realistically there are two options, it's either NightSlash with a new, more fitting animation or it may be that hold items or something affect how moves look in the new games. It's possible that holding some sort of item would cause those purple lines, but to me it is impossible that they would add those to the animation for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ArdentSun View Post
    As much as I would love for Chespin to become Grass/Steel, I really don't think it will be the case. Your rival would have 4x super effectiveness STAB against you, which I think is unheard of?
    Swampert says hi.

I think all the fan art for these evolutions will be way off, I mean who of us expected that the cute little sea otter would evolve into a samurai sea lion? I do think it would be cool if the secondary typings cancelled each other out later on in the game, but I'll get them all anyway so I don't mind.

Bring on 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman vs Superman, Jurassic World and Star Wars VII

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Individual:
    HP-The lowest is 70, highest 110, the 6th generation are in the middle.
    Attack-The lowest is 75, highest 123, the 6th generation has Fennekin with less and the other two are in the middle.
    Defense-65 lowest, 105 highest, Chespin would be tied for highest, the other two are in the middle.
    Special Attack-75 lowest, 111 highest, Chespin would be lowest, Fennekin would nearly be tied for highest, and Froakie is in the middle.
    Special Defense-65 lowest, 105 highest, 6th generation all in the middle.
    Speed-56 lowest, 120 highest, Fennekin would be tied for the highest, other two in the middle.
    My thoughts are not the same. Here.
    HP - Chespin and Froakie will be slightly better in HP than Fennekin, but still in the middle.
    Attack - Fennekin will be the least, Chespin will be in the middle, Froakie will be high.
    Defense - Chespin will be pretty high, but not too much. As for Froakie, a little under the middle. Fennekin will be in the middle.
    Special Attack - Fennekin will be the highest of all 3. Froakie will be pretty high, but Chespin will be under the middle.
    Special Defense - There, Fennekin and Chespin will be the best. As for Froakie, in the middle.
    Speed - It will definitely be Froakie the highest on this stat. Fennekin will be in the middle, since Chespin will be slightly under the middle.

My predictions for the stats are...

Chespin's final evolution.
    HP - 95
    Attack - 93
    Defense - 100
    Special Attack - 82
    Special Defense - 90
    Speed - 70
    Total- 530

Fennekin's final evolution.
    HP - 80
    Attack - 70
    Defense - 75
    Special Attack - 120
    Special Defense - 110
    Speed - 75
    Total- 530

Froakie's final evolution.
    HP - 85
    Attack - 110
    Defense - 70
    Special Attack - 90
    Special Defense - 75
    Speed - 100
    Total- 530
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 6th February 2013 at 10:19 PM.
    « And at last I see the light... »

my deviantArt account ا my shiny hunting Youtube channel
    my shiny hunting Google+ page

Spoiler:- Current shiny hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    My thoughts are not the same. Here.
    HP - Chespin and Froakie will be slightly better in HP than Fennekin, but still in the middle.
    Attack - Fennekin will be the least, Chespin will be in the middle, Froakie will be high.
    Defense - Chespin will be pretty high, but not too much. As for Froakie, a little under the middle. Fennekin will be in the middle.
    Special Attack - Fennekin will be the highest of all 3. Froakie will be pretty high, but Chespin will be under the middle.
    Special Defense - There, Fennekin will be the best. As for Froakie and Chespin, in the middle.
    Speed - It will definitely be Froakie the highest on this stat. Fennekin will be in the middle, since Chespin will be slightly under the middle.
    That wasn't my thoughts on what the stats will be like, it was a break down on how the stats are like; in comparison to the previous starters, that someone else posted.

Everybody secretly wants a few more Fire/ Fighting starters, right? https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7027291136/h3897F28A/

Joking. Here is what I am hoping for.
    Froakie- Water/Ice. Froakie could be another cookie-cutter bulky water, but I'm hoping he will have something to stand out.
    Chespin- Grass/Dark. I'm thinking that Chespin could be a decent Physical Defender/attacker or a sp. attacker with high defense.
    Fennekin- Fire/ Psychic. I'm hoping for a fairly straight forward sweeper with high sp. atk, speed and sp def.

Black FC: 0433-2525-5010
    Black 2 FC: 5201 0405 6565

Chespin impresses me a bit, so Grass/Dark makes it weak to so many types and Pokemon in OU: Toxicroak, Skarmory, Abomasnow, and definitely SCIZOR and other Bug types.
    Water Ice doesn't seem that bad. As long as it was a bulky yet speedy Pokemon.

Do you like enterprising new things? Do you like Fakemon? At Smogon's Create-A-Pokémon Project, you get both!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManager View Post
    Oh, right.
    Another evolution for Chespin.

Spoiler:- From Pixiv:
    Two words: Hell.Yes.

I'm expecting Chespin to evolve with a sort of Sceptile-esque design, instead it will be Phys. Attack oriented, as Sceptile being the polar opposite.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

I want Grass/Steel, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Electric for starter evos. What about you guys?
    I'm awesome

I'm still going with water/fighting, grass/dark and fire/psychic.
    In the video we were show each one using their respective primary type moves (fire, water and grass)
    But then we were also shown second attacks, which looked like fighting, dark and psychic, and since I doubt those opposing types were just randomly selected it seems a pretty safe bet that they will be the secondary types

Unless of course I'm totally wrong and they were just showcasing that the starters can learn a variety of moves
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?” - Meowth

Friend Code: 1220 - 6368 - 0567
    Will add anyone!
    PM me if you add me with your FC!

But especially those with Ditto or Chansey safaris!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyDark View Post
    In the video we were show each one using their respective primary type moves (fire, water and grass)
    But then we were also shown second attacks, which looked like fighting, dark and psychic, and since I doubt those opposing types were just randomly selected it seems a pretty safe bet that they will be the secondary types

Unless of course I'm totally wrong and they were just showcasing that the starters can learn a variety of moves
    I think that the moves shown were probably what you said about GF just showing that the starters can learn a variety of moves. And also the second attack Froakie uses doesn't look like a fighting type move. Looks like a normal type attack, particularly fury swipes.
    3DS friend code. 0232 - 8200 - 5719
    I have claimed Scizor, the king of Bug-Types.
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by DannyDark View Post

I'm pretty sure that "dark" move was actually Shadow Claw, which is a ghost move, and I don't really see Chespin becoming ghost type.

To be honest, like AK Adam I think the typings will be Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Ice. I would definitely love those typings, and Froakie-evo would be a great addition to my Ice Pokémon.

Water/Figthing's cool too, and would make the Dark/Psychic/Fighting trio that's been mentioned 1000 times, and I wouldn't say no to a Grass/Steel starter-evo either - it's an awesome typing and Ferrothorn is too slow for me, so that would be great.
    Latest Shiny (X):

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Drohn View Post
    I definitely think it was Aerial Ace
    I believe aerial ace showcases using swords, and supports evolving into a knight.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    I believe aerial ace showcases using swords, and supports evolving into a knight.
    Aerial Ace's animation shows a single slash line, and it would have nothing to do with a knight, since pretty much every pokemon with a decent speed stat gets it.

Though it does have a similar background, those purple claw marks are just screaming Shadow Claw. While I don't think that's what Shadow Claw looks like at the moment, that looks much more like a claw attack rather then a blade attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Maybe but it could just mean he will have big claws. I don't really think those second moves they showed us were really hinting at anything but who knows....

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

Regardless of what move Chespin used. (are we sure it was Chespin?) if it has blades it could probably learn multiple slashing moves (heracross learns aerial ace for example) . It could be night slash, but if it's going to be grass/steel I doubt that it will actually have Night slash. I definately think it will learn leech seed though. (like every other grass type)

Do my posts get overshadowed? Water/Electric would be AWESOME.
    I'm awesome

Page 291 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391 ... LastLast