View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 292 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302342392 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #7276
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post
    Do my posts get overshadowed? Water/Electric would be AWESOME.
    Well, I suppose that speculation is a little old. The electric idea has been around for ages.

    Personally, I don't like imagining how Froakie would look as an electric type, but meh...I'm probably not getting it anyway.
    Regardless of what move Chespin used. (are we sure it was Chespin?) if it has blades it could probably learn multiple slashing moves (heracross learns aerial ace for example) . It could be night slash, but if it's going to be grass/steel I doubt that it will actually have Night slash. I definately think it will learn leech seed though. (like every other grass type)
    From the looks of the attack, it probably just means it has claws.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

  2. #7277
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post
    Do my posts get overshadowed? Water/Electric would be AWESOME.
    Well if we look at their color schemes we may be able to pick something up.

    Lets start with Froakie: Froakie has white puffy stuff on it's back , it's blue and has yellow eyes. The only other Pokemon I have seen that has a blue body and white puffy stuff on them are Swablu, Altaria and Thundurus.
    Now I'm not saying that Froakie will be Water/Flying but it is a possibility. Water/Electric could also be a possibility, just look at Thundurus, it's blue and it floats on a puffy white cloud. Water/Ice is also feasible.

    Chespin: It's green and brown, we already know that it will be a grass type, duh.
    But it's also brown, lets use Torterra as an example it's green and brown and it's typing is Grass/Ground. Again I'm not saying it will be Grass/Ground but it could be, Grass/Rock and Grass/Steel also make sense here, however I like to believe that he will be Grass/Ground. If it does acquire the ground typing, it better be faster than Torterra but still somewhat bulky.

    Last but not least, Fennekin: Fennikin's color scheme doesn't give much away, so I'm gonna be conservative and say that it will be a pure fire type, although like many I wish it becomes part psychic.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 7th February 2013 at 1:03 AM.

  3. #7278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avsimone View Post
    Regardless of what move Chespin used. (are we sure it was Chespin?) if it has blades it could probably learn multiple slashing moves (heracross learns aerial ace for example) . It could be night slash, but if it's going to be grass/steel I doubt that it will actually have Night slash. I definately think it will learn leech seed though. (like every other grass type)
    Arceus says hi.

    Not every grass type learns leech seed, but all the grass starters do.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  4. #7279
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Anchored in Sootopolis Bay
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post
    Do my posts get overshadowed? Water/Electric would be AWESOME.
    I've seen the speculation about that but I don't buy it. It would be cool but I see Froakie as a water/fighting frog version of Infernape. Thin fast and big attack probably with the gold markings too and no I don't think this because it looked like he used close combat in the trailer because I don't know what that move was, it's because the chinese theory that links Infernape, Emboar and now Froakie together.

    Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

  5. #7280
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Anchored in Sootopolis Bay
    Posts
    519

    Default

    But back on to speculation which one will be faster Froakie or Fennikin?
    Last edited by Avi604; 7th February 2013 at 1:12 AM.

    Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

  6. #7281
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Castelia City, Unova
    Posts
    28

    Default

    When i first saw the X and Y Trailer i thought Chespin was using Charge Beam...then i realized it was most likely Solar Beam. I was semi-disappointed! I really wanted a Grass/Electric starter! It would be so cool! Fennekin is 99.99% gonna be a Fire/Psychic type and as for Froakie it looks like it could grow up to be a Water/Fighting type. All i care about is Chespin so i dont mind waht they trun into as long as Fennekin ISN'T a Fire/Fighting.

    !!!BTW!!!! Hasn't anyone noticed that Chespin's hat make an X when u look at those Pointy things coming out of it? I kno it seems kinda dumb to make just one starter a major part of a game but to IMO i think its gonna have to do somthing with Pokemon X and Y. I mean the Xerneas isnt really shaped like an X while Yvaltal is...
    I have calmed down my addiction for Ugly Betty. Yay-ish. I had to get addicted to another show....

    I AM NOW ADDICTED TO DEGRASSI!

    WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!! =P

    THAT IS ALL FOR NOW

    *evil laugh*

  7. #7282
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    I can already see this turning into a big thing now. (>.>)

    I wonder if the evolved forms of these Starters will outclass Pokemon of their type. Like how Sceptile is the fastest non Legendary Grass Pokemon. I wonder if any of these Pokemon will do something like that.

  8. #7283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snivy Link View Post
    When i first saw the X and Y Trailer i thought Chespin was using Charge Beam...then i realized it was most likely Solar Beam. I was semi-disappointed! I really wanted a Grass/Electric starter! It would be so cool! Fennekin is 99.99% gonna be a Fire/Psychic type and as for Froakie it looks like it could grow up to be a Water/Fighting type. All i care about is Chespin so i dont mind waht they trun into as long as Fennekin ISN'T a Fire/Fighting.

    !!!BTW!!!! Hasn't anyone noticed that Chespin's hat make an X when u look at those Pointy things coming out of it? I kno it seems kinda dumb to make just one starter a major part of a game but to IMO i think its gonna have to do somthing with Pokemon X and Y. I mean the Xerneas isnt really shaped like an X while Yvaltal is...
    His face also has a tan y on it if you want to see that. And I can't understand some of that.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  9. #7284
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I can already see this turning into a big thing now. (>.>)

    I wonder if the evolved forms of these Starters will outclass Pokemon of their type. Like how Sceptile is the fastest non Legendary Grass Pokemon. I wonder if any of these Pokemon will do something like that.
    Infernape is the fastest Fire Type.

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  10. #7285
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    So I would love Fennekin to be fire/psychic. I can see it getting slim, with long legs. Would be great to see a very sleek four legged fire creature. A fire/psychic, grass/dark, water/fighting combination would give each pokemon a type advantage against the other in some form. But we already have a water/fighting frog, so I doubt we'd have another. So I'm imagining water/flying - the bubbles could be clouds, and flying frogs could be a twist, and grass/ground, chespin makes me think chestnut and pine so some form of tree based evolutions. My predictions for final stats are as follows

    Chespin: 95/75/115/75/115/55
    Fennekin: 70/92/62/114/80/107
    Froakie: 75/100/70/100/90/90

    So time will tell if I'm close or not!
    Friend Code: 3050 - 7586 - 3547
    Player Name: Shaun (Nickname: Maestro)

  11. #7286
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    I can't believe I'm saying this but I am seeing the Chespin line learning Wood Hammer. It's body shape looks viable for the move IMO.

  12. #7287
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Anchored in Sootopolis Bay
    Posts
    519

    Default

    ^^ Wow lol, anyway I hope Fennikin stays slim I know starters usually get to be pretty big pokemon I hope Fennikin stays kinda short and slim.
    Chespin learning woodhammer I can see that along with rollout and steamroller.

    Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

  13. #7288
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,196

    Default

    Guys, we know that this is the speculation thread and you are free to speculate the possible designs of the starters' evolutions.

    But we encourage everyone to please try and refrain from posting Fakemon without supporting the idea.
    At least elaborate on why you think the specific starter will evolve into such creatures.

    Simply posting "I think [starter] will evolve into something like this." or "I want [starter] to evolve into this." will be considered spam and will result to infraction.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  14. #7289
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    From the land down under...
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Furthermore, please do not complain about mod decisions here that do not involve yourself. As outlined in the Infraction Point System thread:
    3. I was infracted unfairly! What do I do?
    Your first course of action should be to talk to the moderator who infracted you. Sometimes we make mistakes, and even if it was not a mistake often the moderator can give you a better understanding of why you were infracted. However, if the moderator does not respond in a few days or you still wish to contest it, you can PM a higher-up by forwarding the conversation you had with the mod who infracted you first. The order is Moderator -> Supermod -> Administrator -> Serebii. It is best if you PM a higher up assigned to the section you received the infraction from, if possible. If your infraction results in a ban, then use the Staff Contact forum.
    Please note, however, that infractions that are not mistakes are rarely reversed. And remember that you cannot see if other users are infracted, so the excuse "he did the same thing and didn't get punished" is not a valid reason because you can't see if other users get punished or not.
    That is the process, and we do not tend to listen to the above if it is done 'on behalf' of someone else. They have the ability to PM, or if banned to use the Staff Contact section. You however would not be able to see the post they were made if it was deleted, or the infraction message given if any was. Please do not whiteknight.

    As said, if you want to question a rule then you are free to PM a staff member of the section/a higher up. As it stands, we just don't want people to post art they found by someone else and discuss that alone. If you want to do that, there's the art section and a link to a specific thread I included in the X&Y rules.

    A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

    The BBS Forums! Join in!

    Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.


  15. #7290
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    My thoughts are not the same. Here.

    Chespin's final evolution.
    HP - 95
    Attack - 93
    Defense - 100
    Special Attack - 82
    Special Defense - 90
    Speed - 70
    Total- 530

    Fennekin's final evolution.
    HP - 80
    Attack - 70
    Defense - 75
    Special Attack - 120
    Special Defense - 110
    Speed - 75
    Total- 530

    Froakie's final evolution.
    HP - 85
    Attack - 110
    Defense - 70
    Special Attack - 90
    Special Defense - 75
    Speed - 100
    Total- 530
    So wait, Froakie gets nice speed and attack, depending on typing will definitely make it into OU or BL. Fennekin gets high special and Sp.Def, but low speed, making him a prime candidate for Choice Scarf, he will be a Fire Jolteon, basically. And then we have Chespin who gets terrible speed and average everything else? I seriously hope you're wrong, because I'd be pretty upset.
    Quote Originally Posted by smccormack21 View Post
    My predictions for final stats are as follows

    Chespin: 95/75/115/75/115/55
    Fennekin: 70/92/62/114/80/107
    Froakie: 75/100/70/100/90/90

    So time will tell if I'm close or not!
    Where is Chespin's abysmal speed coming from? And why the huge Sp.Def and Def? If he's not part ground/rock/steel, his defenses shouldn't get anywhere near that. I really doubt Froakie is going to be a mixed attacker, he's either going to shoot one way or the other depending on his secondary typing, I think. I hope these stats aren't the case as well.

  16. #7291
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArdentSun View Post
    So wait, Froakie gets nice speed and attack, depending on typing will definitely make it into OU or BL. Fennekin gets high special and Sp.Def, but low speed, making him a prime candidate for Choice Scarf, he will be a Fire Jolteon, basically. And then we have Chespin who gets terrible speed and average everything else? I seriously hope you're wrong, because I'd be pretty upset.
    There's no way it would be a Jolteon if it had 75 base speed.

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  17. #7292
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smccormack21 View Post
    So I would love Fennekin to be fire/psychic. I can see it getting slim, with long legs. Would be great to see a very sleek four legged fire creature. A fire/psychic, grass/dark, water/fighting combination would give each pokemon a type advantage against the other in some form. But we already have a water/fighting frog, so I doubt we'd have another. So I'm imagining water/flying - the bubbles could be clouds, and flying frogs could be a twist, and grass/ground, chespin makes me think chestnut and pine so some form of tree based evolutions. My predictions for final stats are as follows

    Chespin: 95/75/115/75/115/55
    Fennekin: 70/92/62/114/80/107
    Froakie: 75/100/70/100/90/90

    So time will tell if I'm close or not!
    i like all these stat speculations except for chespin's i see him having at least a base speed of 80 and being more on the physical side not a mixed attacker

    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Furthermore, please do not complain about mod decisions here that do not involve yourself. As outlined in the Infraction Point System thread:
    That is the process, and we do not tend to listen to the above if it is done 'on behalf' of someone else. They have the ability to PM, or if banned to use the Staff Contact section. You however would not be able to see the post they were made if it was deleted, or the infraction message given if any was. Please do not whiteknight.

    As said, if you want to question a rule then you are free to PM a staff member of the section/a higher up. As it stands, we just don't want people to post art they found by someone else and discuss that alone. If you want to do that, there's the art section and a link to a specific thread I included in the X&Y rules.
    is an infraction a ban or a warning? sorry for asking but i never understood that

  18. #7293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eccow View Post
    ur the phucking phuck that ggave me infractions for explaining the truth that kreis iz a phaggot

    u wana fite dudde????

    u phucking mod phegget

    fite me
    Oh lol all his posts were deleted.

    You guys, check out the stats I speculated on last page or a few before that.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  19. #7294
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    uhhh his spelling suggests he's in the third grade
    and i can't find your stats Ghost

  20. #7295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    uhhh his spelling suggests he's in the third grade
    and i can't find your stats Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Alright, I'm just gonna speculate on base stats for the final evos.

    Chespin: (grass/steel, knight concept)

    90/100/105/60/80/95

    Total 530

    Fennekin: (fire psychic)

    80/60/70/110/80/120

    Total 520

    Froakie: (water/fighting, gentleman boxer concept)

    95/90/80/90/80/100

    Total 535

    Thoughts?



    . .
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  21. #7296
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    . .
    those are actually pretty close to what i was expecting except i didn't see froakie as mixed i was hoping for physical but i didn't consider that i wouldn't mind if he was a mixed attacker

  22. #7297
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Alright, I'm just gonna speculate on base stats for the final evos.

    Chespin: (grass/steel, knight concept)

    90/100/105/60/80/95

    Total 530

    Fennekin: (fire psychic)

    80/60/70/110/80/120

    Total 520

    Froakie: (water/fighting, gentleman boxer concept)

    95/90/80/90/80/100

    Total 535

    Thoughts?
    Those were the stats he proposed. Edit: Oh man, ninja'd while I was typing.

    Anyway, personally, with those typings, I'd prefer:

    Chespin: 80/115/105/55/75/95 525
    Fennekin: 80/60/70/95/105/115 525
    Froakie: 80/105/70/85/80/105 525

    Give or take a few points here and there. I want Them all to be good, with Fennekin being the fastest, but the weakest in terms of power. Chespin being the Strongest, but slowest. And Froakie being right in the middle, with decent speed and attack, but lower defenses.

    If Fennekin is going to be Fire/Psychic, I see him with some good Special Defense, decent Special Attack, and high Speed. If Chespin is Grass/Steel I expect good defense but high attack, like Scizor, except with higher speed. And depending on Froakie's final typing, he you could switch those points in attack over to Special attack. Or if he ends up being mixed, you could take a tad more out of his defenses and into Special Attack.
    Last edited by ArdentSun; 7th February 2013 at 2:20 AM.

  23. #7298
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArdentSun View Post
    Those were the stats he proposed. Edit: Oh man, ninja'd while I was typing.

    Anyway, personally, with those typings, I'd prefer:

    Chespin: 80/115/105/55/75/95 525
    Fennekin: 80/60/70/95/105/115 525
    Froakie: 80/105/70/85/80/105 525
    Aw Fennekin's sp atk sucks

  24. #7299
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArdentSun View Post
    So wait, Froakie gets nice speed and attack, depending on typing will definitely make it into OU or BL. Fennekin gets high special and Sp.Def, but low speed, making him a prime candidate for Choice Scarf, he will be a Fire Jolteon, basically. And then we have Chespin who gets terrible speed and average everything else? I seriously hope you're wrong, because I'd be pretty upset.
    Wait, wait. For you, an average of 75 stat of speed is... slow ? You mean slow ? I never thought about a "fire Torterra", you know. 75 is a good average of speed, and when we talk about "terrible speed", you talk about 70 ? I can already imagine your reaction when you saw first Torterra's stats. Chespin's stats that I've imagine are not terrible. These aren't low, but not very high, it's normal in each categories, compared to Fennekin and Froakie, wich are more good in specified categories. Let see Emboar, for example. With this Pokémon, it was all or nothin'. It was over 100 for Attack, HP and Special Attack, but when it goes to the Speed, the Defense and the Special Defense, it's 65. But even with thoses difficulties, I think people who took Tepig as their starter already took Emboar at the same time, and used it in battles. Chespin's final evolved form's stats are mostly like Samurott's. I think Samurott has been a lot appreciated in the past, even with those stats. So what is the problem with my speculations ? Then comes Fennekin. I wanted to that starter to have the best Specials stats, and those looks, in a certain way, to Blaziken's. Who blaimed about Blaziken's stats ?
    People can say that a particular stats isn't comfortable, like Torterra's Speed or Emboar's Defense. But that's not making them different, they have their own good points, and bads.
    Don't forget, it's just a speculation. My speculation.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 7th February 2013 at 2:25 AM.
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

  25. #7300
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kanto (Packing for Kalos)
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Lol. Shush, or word'll be sent back to President Snow!! Seriously though, I hope Chespin doesn't turn out very bulky and slow. I wouldn't mind grass/ground typing, but I want to see him become a (relatively) speedy beast. Grass starters hardly ever have a chance against the fire-using rival simply because fire types tend to be fast...Snivy broke that rule, so I'm hoping the trend will continue.
    Exactly. I would wouldn't mind a repeat in Torterra's typing but NOT a repeat in Torterra's stats. The Fire/Fightings mixed it up a bit, why not a Grass/Ground Chespin??


    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Alright, I'm just gonna speculate on base stats for the final evos.

    Chespin: (grass/steel, knight concept)

    90/100/105/60/80/95

    Total 530

    Fennekin: (fire psychic)

    80/60/70/110/80/120

    Total 520

    Froakie: (water/fighting, gentleman boxer concept)

    95/90/80/90/80/100

    Total 535

    Thoughts?
    I love this. You've nailed Chespin's stats. Sweeper with great defense and decent Special Defense. Idk if I'd go with that typing, though. It may accidentally make Chespin Uber (not that I'd mind. I don't play competitively too often).

    Fennekin's stats remind me of if Alakazam and Ninetales had a baby. Firey FAST special sweeper with psychic. She'd certainly be a force to be reckoned with...

    I like the balance of Froakie's stats. Really, my only complaint with your stat speculations is everyone's so friggin fast...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I'm pretty sure that "dark" move was actually Shadow Claw, which is a ghost move, and I don't really see Chespin becoming ghost type.
    Thought I don't see it either, I would LOVE a Grass/Ghost Chespin. Very unique turn on how we see the little guy...
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Page 292 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302342392 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •