View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 296 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346396 ... LastLast
Results 7,376 to 7,400 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ArdentSun View Post
    Oh, and what is Shiftry? Chopped wood?
    For the most part all grass starters are green, Chespin is mostly brown with green accents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    Actually Chespin is more alike with Dewott than with Oshawott. It's a stronger coincidence, we have to admit that. The stereotype is so very similar.
    Actually, upon seeing your sig, I'm more inclined to believe that Chespin is based on Bianca.

But omg Fennekin is so cute, and I'm basing that solely on her official artwork and not on the fan art. I bought a large Fennekin plush doll and a small one, and I'm so happy. I was going to see if I could get a Froakie one as well, but they were sold out, which is odd considering how unpopular the little frog is, around these parts at least. Anyway I spent a lot more money than I usually would on Pokemon merchandise, but I wanted to be the first person in my town to have official Fennekin merchandise. I can't wait to get plush dolls of her evolved forms.~

Hey y'all don't forget the fan art rule we have in place:
    Also, we know that this is the speculation thread and you are free to speculate the possible designs of the starters' evolutions. But we encourage everyone to please try and refrain from posting Fakemon without supporting the idea. At least elaborate on why you think the specific starter will evolve into such creatures.

Most of y'all are not doing this and are simply posting fan art for the sake of posting it, this is considered spam and will be infracted. Also, if you're asking someone a personal question to someone that has nothing to do with the OP, then PM/VM them, as that is also considered spamming.
    [03:16] <kesha> youre a 10 baby

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    Actually Chespin is more alike with Dewott than with Oshawott. It's a stronger coincidence, we have to admit that. The stereotype is so very similar.
    Lolno I'll never admit to this bogus of Chespin & Oshawott/Dewott. They haz different tails, arms, and just two different species overall along with other features I may have missed. Some people just take a Pokemon design way too far.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Lolno I'll never admit to this bogus of Chespin & Oshawott/Dewott. They haz different tails, arms, and just two different species overall along with other features I may have missed. Some people just take a Pokemon design way too far.
    That is so, so true. Especially in recent times.

They originally started out as the same species but they adapted for life in different environments.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    That is so, so true. Especially in recent times.
    It's like Female Machoke and Male Lopunny, why can't we accept Machoke as Machoke or Lopunny as Lopunny without delving deeper into such stuff like this.

It's like Female Machoke and Male Lopunny, why can't we accept Machoke as Machoke or Lopunny as Lopunny without delving deeper into such stuff like this.
    IMO people are trying to put human pre-notions into pokemon. It doesn't work that way. They are different and the gender related thing also works differently.
    Anyway, anyone thinking that these starters will have a pure typing ? I can see that happen.

IMO people are trying to put human pre-notions into pokemon. It doesn't work that way. They are different and the gender related thing also works differently.
    Anyway, anyone thinking that these starters will have a pure typing ? I can see that happen.
    i wouldn't be too upset about it though i'm hoping there will be the whole secondary typing that kills each other theory (that made no sense haha sorry)
    but idk i think the pure typing is kinda boring i mean don't get me wrong the Johto starters were fun but only to an extent

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I think Chennikin will get Normal, but that's just seeing Eevee.

All three Pokemon look like past generations to me. (Seriously, the toad is like a miniature Seismitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by greatguy View Post

All three Pokemon look like past generations to me. (Seriously, the toad is like a miniature Seismitoad)
    Wait.. by Chennikin do u mean Fennekin or Chespin ?
    Anway, normal typing for a starter would be new and interesting, though there wuld be any advantage in competitive battling. But, I don't mind seeing it.

Wait.. by Chennikin do u mean Fennekin or Chespin ?
    Anway, normal typing for a starter would be new and interesting, though there wuld be any advantage in competitive battling. But, I don't mind seeing it.
    the only advantage he could gain is a stronger facade due to it being a STAB which would be interesting for a starter pokemon running a facade set

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    the only advantage he could gain is a stronger facade due to it being a STAB which would be interesting for a starter pokemon running a facade set
    Agreed, I wouldn't mind Fennekin being Fire/Normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    that's weird to think about lol
    idk im still really hoping he's fire/psychic because he did use a psychic move in the trailer (i mean of course it could mean anything but im keeping my fingers crossed)

Ask me stupid stuff

that's weird to think about lol
    idk im still really hoping he's fire/psychic because he did use a psychic move in the trailer (i mean of course it could mean anything but im keeping my fingers crossed)
    Almost everyone want's it to be Fire/Psychic but really anything would be cool, except Fire/Fighting.

Façade, Giga Impact, Take Down, Double Edge, Flareblitz, Flame Charge, Flamethrower, Hyper Beam STABs. Yeah, that would be decent. Even if Fennekin does end up as the type of our chagrin, it'll just need better speed and Sp. Attack than Infernape to be a good competitive Pokémon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.

Veneno Oscuridad - 110 Points
    A Behavioral Contraceptive!

Almost everyone want's it to be Fire/Psychic but really anything would be cool, except Fire/Fighting.
    i would leave my Fennekin in the breeding center and leave him there forever if he ever became one -_- i think infernape was enough
    but i think an interesting typing people have mentioned earlier is Fire/Flying...i think it's cause his ears are huge like sky forme shaymin

Ask me stupid stuff

i would leave my Fennekin in the breeding center and leave him there forever if he ever became one -_- i think infernape was enough
    but i think an interesting typing people have mentioned earlier is Fire/Flying...i think it's cause his ears are huge like sky forme shaymin
    That's feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by greatguy View Post

Froakie looks nothing like Seismitoad, none of the starters has any significant resemblance to past Pokemon.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Froakie looks nothing like Seismitoad, none of the starters has any significant resemblance to past Pokemon.
    I agree, the comparisons get old. It's like comparing the many real life species of frogs/toads/etc. It's just plain dumb. It's a different species, and will be used in a different way.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

That'd be another Charizard typing and death to Stealth Rock... personally I'd like to see fresh typings that haven't been used for starters yet.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    That'd be another Charizard typing and death to Stealth Rock... personally I'd like to see fresh typings that haven't been used for starters yet.
    Yes, either Fire/Ground, or Fire/Psychic. Fire/Ground is the one I'm hoping for, to complete the trio of Ground type starters, since we already have Torterra and Swampert.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

I would probably choose Fenekin, unless one of the others are faster, somebody tell me which starter is the fastest

Quote Originally Posted by Snivyhero View Post
    I would probably choose Fenekin, unless one of the others are faster, somebody tell me which starter is the fastest
    The most of us (The ones who talk about stats anyway) believe and hope Froakie will be the fastest one.

The speculation is based in how the trailer felt in terms of "characterization" of each starter and decades of slow water starters.

Let me just say this:

Is Fire/Fighting starters really that scary?

Page 296 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346396 ... LastLast