View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 297 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,425 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I thought it was strange seeing that froakie wasn't a tadpole. But it turns out that there is a group of toads which give birth to smaller toadlets as their young

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nectophrynoides

Do you think Froakie is based on them?

And there is this toad in which eggs are laid on the back of the parent and they hatch into toadlets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surinam_toad

Pretty weird huh? Maybe Gamefreak was interested in it too!
    Last edited by T-Bolt; 8th February 2013 at 1:15 PM.

Really looking forward to this generation more than the last . The starters look awesome and I think these are better starters than the last couple of generations just because they look like Pokemon that could actually do well. Don't get me wrong Chimchar and co didn't turn out so bad but when the first leaks of D/P and B/W the starters immediatley turned me off. Going for too much cuteness and not enough I don't know any other way to put this but damaging. You look at Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur and then look at Tepig, Oshawott and Snivy and I think who would win in a battle. Really looking forward to the possibilites of these evo's and the typing as well. I was think Chespin would be Grass/Normal because it doesn't look like a real grass pokemon, more like a brown meowth with a leaf. So I can definately see a resemblence there. Thinking Froakie will be Water and either Poison or Ice.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Let me just say this:

Is Fire/Fighting starters really that scary?
    No, but if this fanbase sees another one, they're going to either rage out of this gen, or be very disappointed.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i would leave my Fennekin in the breeding center and leave him there forever if he ever became one -_- i think infernape was enough
    but i think an interesting typing people have mentioned earlier is Fire/Flying...i think it's cause his ears are huge like sky forme shaymin

Maybe the big ears indicate that he is a Fox-Elephant pokemon who happens to be fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Let me just say this:

Is Fire/Fighting starters really that scary?
    Let's just say we don't want a fire/fighting starter for the fourth consecutive time. It kinda gets a bit too aannoying. I rather see fennekin with something new
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Maybe the big ears indicate that he is a Fox-Elephant pokemon who happens to be fighting?
    not even funny i wasn't kidding bout leaving him in the center...
    but im not saying i agree with him being fire/flying it was just something i read

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    Really looking forward to this generation more than the last . The starters look awesome and I think these are better starters than the last couple of generations just because they look like Pokemon that could actually do well. Don't get me wrong Chimchar and co didn't turn out so bad but when the first leaks of D/P and B/W the starters immediatley turned me off. Going for too much cuteness and not enough I don't know any other way to put this but damaging. You look at Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur and then look at Tepig, Oshawott and Snivy and I think who would win in a battle. Really looking forward to the possibilites of these evo's and the typing as well. I was think Chespin would be Grass/Normal because it doesn't look like a real grass pokemon, more like a brown meowth with a leaf. So I can definately see a resemblence there. Thinking Froakie will be Water and either Poison or Ice.
    D/P starters were awesome. Piplup was SO cute! I got mad with the SECOND Fire/Fighting type.
    I do agree that Generation 5 was a let down, almost ALL the Pokemon from 5th seemed like rejected Pokemon from earlier Generations.
    Normal/Grass is for Deerling, and Deerling only. Because it was a BAD typing!
    To be honest, I hope Froakie is Water/Flying because... THE BEST HM/SLAVE EVER!
    Last edited by DarkSword39; 8th February 2013 at 2:51 PM.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    To be honest, I hope Froakie is Water/Flying because... THE BEST HM/SLAVE!
    i was waiting for someone to say this lol
    but the best HM slave is still Mew and Empoleon
    but i see froakie being water/fighting and i have a feeling everyone is going to give him a life orb and drain punch if he is

Ask me stupid stuff

but i see froakie being water/fighting and i have a feeling everyone is going to give him a life orb and drain punch if he is
    i would disagree with it as samurott was better than empoleon as far as starters go ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanchu View Post
    i would disagree with it as samurott was better than empoleon as far as starters go ofc.
    i'm talking about being an HM slave empoleon can learn every HM except fly

Ask me stupid stuff

i'm talking about being an HM slave empoleon can learn every HM except fly
    than they are tied as samurott was the same lol.

than they are tied as samurott was the same lol.
    oh never noticed i originally thought he couldn't dive
    idk i kinda hope froakie doesnt become the HM slave cause they always make water types HM slaves
    Last edited by Yveltal96; 8th February 2013 at 3:09 PM.

Ask me stupid stuff

oh never noticed i originally thought he couldn't dive
    only reason i ever choose a starter on BW hopefully we wont have to have the same dilemma this gen as every single 1 will be at least somewhat fun to use.

I dream of the day we get steel/dragon/ice secondary types. now that would be the day to play with a starter

only reason i ever choose a starter on BW hopefully we wont have to have the same dilemma this gen as every single 1 will be at least somewhat fun to use.

I dream of the day we get steel/dragon/ice secondary types. now that would be the day to play with a starter
    i used serperior in black 2 and white he's actually not bad in competitive gameplay
    and that would be glorious secondary typing although i think charizard needs the dragon typing -_- i was so disappointed.

Ask me stupid stuff

Being a Charizard fan I was sad that he wasn't the dragon type either I'm stuck with a bad advantage with my full charizard team in PBR even though its fun using that team

I wonder what would happen if fennekin was electric as its second, chespin was ground and froakie was pure water or maybe ice. That would be strange

Gen V was amazing. All who disagree shall fall.

Fennekin will either be FIR or FIR/PSY. End of story.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post

i must agree w/both statements except he better not b pure fire

Ask me stupid stuff

i must agree w/both statements except he better not b pure fire
    I hope so as well, but I'm trying to be realistic. Typhlosion's the only pure fire starter and it shares base stats with Charizard.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

... why did I not consider that Mew I got from that old Heart Gold/Soul Silver event as a good HM Slave?

I've been using Lugia as my HM Slave in my previous Soul Silver playthrough and my current Black 2 playthrough all this time. D:

Anyway, I'm hoping Chespin has a good movepool. I'll likely pick either Fennekin or Froakie (I always usually pick Fire or Water in my initial play throughs, though I chose Snivy in Black 2 and Chikorita in my replaying of Soul Silver. I don't regret having chosen Serperior, but I regret Meganium), but it'd be nice to know if how Chespin's movepool would be. Will it be lackluster like Venusaur and Meganium, or will it actually have some substance like Sceptile, Torterra, and Serperior?

Meganium: "Besides Solar Beam, my strongest level up skill is a move that leaves me confused after a few turns!"
    Venusaur: "Hey, me to... hold me, brother, I feel like crying."
    Male or Female? You just never know, and that's one of the greatest things about these two~

Quote Originally Posted by Konoko_Hasano View Post
    ... why did I not consider that Mew I got from that old Heart Gold/Soul Silver event as a good HM Slave?

I've been using Lugia as my HM Slave in my previous Soul Silver playthrough and my current Black 2 playthrough all this time. D:

Anyway, I'm hoping Chespin has a good movepool. I'll likely pick either Fennekin or Froakie (I always usually pick Fire or Water in my initial play throughs, though I chose Snivy in Black 2 and Chikorita in my replaying of Soul Silver. I don't regret having chosen Serperior, but I regret Meganium), but it'd be nice to know if how Chespin's movepool would be. Will it be lackluster like Venusaur and Meganium, or will it actually have some substance like Sceptile, Torterra, and Serperior?

Meganium: "Besides Solar Beam, my strongest level up skill is a move that leaves me confused after a few turns!"
    Venusaur: "Hey, me to... hold me, brother, I feel like crying."
    i'm hoping hes physical/defensive and he runs a sort of leech seed/substitute set.
    and mew can learn every move bro haha

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post

I agree with the SECOND statement. I feel like they wanted to appeal to younger kids who haven't played Pokemon already.
    For those who've played Pokemon since Gold/Silver. They were pretty disappointed, like me.
    However, Black2/White2 helped the DISASTER Black/White caused in my heart.
    Last edited by DarkSword39; 8th February 2013 at 4:11 PM.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

I bet Froakie's evolutions are going to be water/ground , water/grass or water/poison

Can't say anything about the other starters though.

I wonder if the white fluff on froakie,s back will become a wig as it evolves to make it give it an old European look of the old days and maybe it will have spectacles or something cool. Probably not :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pamizard View Post
    I wonder if the white fluff on froakie,s back will become a wig as it evolves to make it give it an old European look of the old days and maybe it will have spectacles or something cool. Probably not :P
    Those white stuff are supposed to be bubbles, so I don't see that happening.

The foam is on his back, why do people assume it will move to his head? or any other part of his body.
    Froakie will prob end up as either Water/Fighting Water/Dark or pure water. water ice has been done too many times.
    “Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

"And through me the Ring will gain an even greater power."
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Who's the greater wizard? Gandalf or his creator?

Page 297 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397 ... LastLast