View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 299 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399 ... LastLast
Results 7,451 to 7,475 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    why is everyone so stuck on him becoming a knight?
    i kinda just want him to be a mole lol
    A mole knight.

~

mmm idk that implies him being part steel which ik everyone wants that but i really don't
    i just want him to resemble excadrill in a way (minus the steel)

why is everyone so stuck on him becoming a knight?
    i kinda just want him to be a mole lol
    Because it's more interesting to see something cool on a Pokémon than being a normal animal.
    It's more fun to see Torchic becoming a fighting strange sort of thin chicken than being a chicken.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

hmmmm i guesss so but he best not be steel type

hmmmm i guesss so but he best not be steel type
    I want him to be Grass/Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    I want him to be Grass/Steel.
    Me too. What it does if so ?
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

opinions tend to differ we're human
    but idk i still really like the grass/dark idea seems legit

I have no idea what the starters may look like, but they won't be any of these things.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

you're optimistic
    and says who u aren't game freak producer
    it's called speculation for a reason bro

opinions tend to differ we're human
    but idk i still really like the grass/dark idea seems legit
    I want Chespin to be a knight like pokemon and be a dark type. Then I can say "he is the night".
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

I like the idea of Chespim being Grass/Steel as well. Doubt it would hapeen but that would be an amazing combination.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Grass/Steel is so awesome defensively. If Chespin evolves into the typing, I am hoping it is more of an offensive Ferrothorn. Anyway here is my Chespin final evo stats:

72/120/80/74/100/80

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    I sealed my fate by getting the game. I didn't prepare for a disaster because I didn't know it was SO bad. Almost all the Pokemon were copied from the originals, guess which the best, the ORIGINALS of course.
    Zubat, Woobat they even sound the same!
    Black and White:
    87% on metacritic
    perfect score (40/40) on famitsu, 15th or so ds game in history to do so.
    9/10 on both ign and nintendo power
    95% on the official nintendo magazine.

just saying, you're arguing with the opinions of the majority or professional gamers here. many of whom have also played since red/blue and gold/silver. what i strongly believe is that every generation improves exponentially upon the previous. how pissed would we be if we were in the 5th gen and still stuck with the same original 150 and the same moves and battle system and the same graphics?

on my first playthrough i was wondering why every town you went to after striaton had a gym. it seemed like there was no room for exploration. the game felt a little too easy for a pokemon game. but then i looked at the plot on my second playthrough, which trumps any other plot BY FAR. hg/ss and platinum don't even come close. gen 5 also introduced the most powerful pokemon that are still in OU too-terrakion, landorus, tornadus, conkeldurr, haxorus, hydreigon, volcarona, ferrothorn, jellicent just to name a few. every generation i make a team made up of just pokemon of the newest generation, and i have to say my gen 5 team is the strongest by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Hazard View Post
    Black and White:
    87% on metacritic
    perfect score (40/40) on famitsu, 15th or so ds game in history to do so.
    9/10 on both ign and nintendo power
    95% on the official nintendo magazine.

just saying, you're arguing with the opinions of the majority or professional gamers here. many of whom have also played since red/blue and gold/silver. what i strongly believe is that every generation improves exponentially upon the previous. how pissed would we be if we were in the 5th gen and still stuck with the same original 150 and the same moves and battle system and the same graphics?

on my first playthrough i was wondering why every town you went to after striaton had a gym. it seemed like there was no room for exploration. the game felt a little too easy for a pokemon game. but then i looked at the plot on my second playthrough, which trumps any other plot BY FAR. hg/ss and platinum don't even come close. gen 5 also introduced the most powerful pokemon that are still in OU too-terrakion, landorus, tornadus, conkeldurr, haxorus, hydreigon, volcarona, ferrothorn, jellicent just to name a few. every generation i make a team made up of just pokemon of the newest generation, and i have to say my gen 5 team is the strongest by far.
    I agree, with you, i originally started with the originals as most of the older fans have, you know the sad thing is about the originals is that when we look at the original generation and compare them to the newer generations. From first to the fifth generation there have been some horrid designs which even the first generation had, I always disliked the design of the oddish family and even Cubone, but i do like the designs of Fennekin, chespin and Xerneas, my favorite desings actually came from Generation 4, i liked the Turtwig family and Togekiss, as well as Lucario, followed by the fifth generation

Someone once said if you only like one generation you really aren't a true fan of pokemon. to be honest i cannot wait to see what Generation six has to offer, i hope the starters evolve into something cool, i am not really raising my hopes, i just hope the Six generation does provide us with a larger range of improvements, better story and some really cool designs for different pokemon.
    Ash: Serena what are you doing
    Serena: from now on Ash, you should call me your little pikachu

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745729/3/Seperate-Roads
    friend code friend safari, trade and battle 0962 9543 3828

You're not of Pokemon if every gen you start by complaining instead of being curious.

Yes, Chespin being Grass/ Steel is an amazing combination. Except that, it will be x4 times weak against Fennekin and its evos.
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    Yes, Chespin being Grass/ Steel is an amazing combination. Except that, it will be x4 times weak against Fennekin and its evos.
    Wouldn't be that much of a problem if you think about it. We've had that three times already before, but if Chespin's evolved forms do turn out to be Grass/Steel, then level up moves, TMs or tutors will be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    Remember Swampert is 4x weak against Sceptile and all the other grass starters.

Sorry for the off-topicness of this post, but I feel the need to defend the Pokémon of Gen V here right now. It's quite long so I'll put it in a spoiler.

Spoiler:- Ramblings:

On topic, I hope we get more information on the starters and/or their evolutions soon. I really want Fennekin to be a fast special-attacker with its final stage being Fire/Psychic. I'd also love it if you could get another of the three starters, if not both of them, later on in the game (after beating the league or completing the regional dex or something).
    Latest Shiny (SS):

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi007 View Post
    Sorry for the off-topicness of this post, but I feel the need to defend the Pokémon of Gen V here right now. It's quite long so I'll put it in a spoiler.

On topic, I hope we get more information on the starters and/or their evolutions soon. I really want Fennekin to be a fast special-attacker with its final stage being Fire/Psychic. I'd also love it if you could get another of the three starters, if not both of them, later on in the game (after beating the league or completing the regional dex or something).
    i think fifth gen was the best gen ever and someone who agrees with me about fennekin finally!

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi007 View Post

Thank you for that. Gen V is my favorite gen, III being runner-up.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Maybe Froakie evolves into a water/flying pokemon, since it uses Acrobatics in the trailer.

And maybe the foam on Froakie's back really is a cloud ( or some sort of silly cape)

I think it's quite probable, seeing that water starters in Gen4 and 5 have always evolved into something unexpected.

^ I dont understand this, it looks like Fury Swipes, which most starters can learn. Most Water-Starters can learn Hydro Pump, but Fennekin... errr. I don't know.

^What I meant by water starters being unexpected is that no one expected Piplup to become steel type when he evolved. I mean how can you imagine a penguin's flippers becoming sharp blades.

And no one expected oshowatt to become a samurai sea lion in need of a haircut.

i don't care if it's fury swipes or acrobatics but he better not be water/flying just because the reasoning behind it makes no sense at all.
    if you knew at least a little about frogs you would know that when they lay eggs they excrete foam to protect the eggs
    it isn't a cloud -_-

Page 299 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399 ... LastLast