View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 300 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 7,476 to 7,500 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

D'aww, ever since my cousin told me about Pokémon X and Y, I just had to find out if it was real. Low and behold I've discovered it does exist AND I've fallen in love with the Fire-Type starter Fennekin. =D I've kind of noticed that the Pokémon Co. makes the starters absolutely adorable/cool then they make their evolution's look pretty awesome. When it comes out in North America, I'm definitely getting either version and choosing Fennekin as my starter. When I get a 3DS...
    "I am who I was meant to be, and being me is all I want to be." ~ r a g e

Pokemon Black FC: 4428-2155-3321
    Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1980-0510-4770

Quote Originally Posted by r a g e View Post
    D'aww, ever since my cousin told me about Pokémon X and Y, I just had to find out if it was real. Low and behold I've discovered it does exist AND I've fallen in love with the Fire-Type starter Fennekin. =D I've kind of noticed that the Pokémon Co. makes the starters absolutely adorable/cool then they make their evolution's look pretty awesome. When it comes out in North America, I'm definitely getting either version and choosing Fennekin as my starter. When I get a 3DS...
    yeah i still have to get my 3ds as well
    i'm just hoping fennekin isn't a fire/flying like people keep saying

Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    For Fennekin, I can only ask: NO FIRE/FIGHTING, STAY QUADRUPEDAL! And, I mean, Fennekin is around for three days and he is already on his way to rule the Internet. He's just a beast like that!
    And, yeah, I can see Chespin being Grass/Dark, but not Grass/Ground as much.
    Look what I found on Serebii, a news feed clearly states that Nintendo has already confirmed that the types of Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie will be pure Grass, Fire, and Water respectively.
    so... I guess you don't have to argue about their types anymore.

The actual news feed says:

"Nintendo has sent out some new details regarding Pokémon X & Y. Specifically, it has confirmed that the types of Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie will be pure Grass, Fire and Water respectively. In addition to that, they have released six direct feed screenshots of the Pokémon in battle, which have been added to our screenshot page. Click the image to go to our page

Until Next Time, See Ya"
    My Pokemon Team (soulsilver)

Quote Originally Posted by SSPt17 View Post
    Look what I found on Serebii, a news feed clearly states that Nintendo has already confirmed that the types of Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie will be pure Grass, Fire, and Water respectively.
    so... I guess you don't have to argue about their types anymore.

The actual news feed says:

"Nintendo has sent out some new details regarding Pokémon X & Y. Specifically, it has confirmed that the types of Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie will be pure Grass, Fire and Water respectively. In addition to that, they have released six direct feed screenshots of the Pokémon in battle, which have been added to our screenshot page. Click the image to go to our page

Until Next Time, See Ya"
    that's the types of chespin, froakie, and fennekin not their evolutions types -_-
    the only beggining stage starter to not be pure typing is bulbasaur

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi007 View Post
    Sorry for the off-topicness of this post, but I feel the need to defend the Pokémon of Gen V here right now. It's quite long so I'll put it in a spoiler.

Spoiler:- Ramblings:

On topic, I hope we get more information on the starters and/or their evolutions soon. I really want Fennekin to be a fast special-attacker with its final stage being Fire/Psychic. I'd also love it if you could get another of the three starters, if not both of them, later on in the game (after beating the league or completing the regional dex or something).

you are a beautiful person. people who hate generation five boggle my mind. especially since it is always the same thing over and over again that's been proven wrong a thousand times. if you want to hate on something, go to another fandom! pokemon fans love pokemon and have at least enough respect for game freak, who CREATED EVERYTHING WE LOVE, to not constantly sneer "running out of ideas, jackasses?". get over yourselves. for real.

still hoping fennekin evolves butt ugly.

and yes, only the first forms are confirmed pure types. we have no info about their evolutions.

shouldn't they be releasing more info on the game soon?
    i mean it's been over a month now and i'm going crazy over it

New to forum so i apologize if this has been said before but my opinion on starter types are Chespin final evo possibly being Grass/Fight, Froakie being Water/Poison, and Fennekin being a pure Fire Type. This is based on the idea that Ninetales, who most people consider Fennekin to be very similar to, is able to learn a few Psychic type moves (Zen Headbutt, Calm Mind, Psychock) and therefore it's evo does not necessarily need to be a Fire/Psychic type. Froakie's evo for me is a toss up between Water/Poison type and a Water/Fighting type but as i truly believe that Chespin's will be Grass/Fight Type (if not then Pure Grass is my second thought), i went with Water/Poison. This is most likely wrong but it is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tshhrt View Post
    New to forum so i apologize if this has been said before but my opinion on starter types are Chespin final evo possibly being Grass/Fight, Froakie being Water/Poison, and Fennekin being a pure Fire Type. This is based on the idea that Ninetales, who most people consider Fennekin to be very similar to, is able to learn a few Psychic type moves (Zen Headbutt, Calm Mind, Psychock) and therefore it's evo does not necessarily need to be a Fire/Psychic type. Froakie's evo for me is a toss up between Water/Poison type and a Water/Fighting type but as i truly believe that Chespin's will be Grass/Fight Type (if not then Pure Grass is my second thought), i went with Water/Poison. This is most likely wrong but it is just my opinion.
    interesting speculation
    why do you think chespin will be grass/fighting?
    main speculation is grass/dark which is opposite

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    shouldn't they be releasing more info on the game soon?
    i mean it's been over a month now and i'm going crazy over it
    Wait maybe 3 more days then CoroCoro should start leaking.

Although not related to the thread, Smash is to "uncover the secrets of the Eevee short" today I believe. While this doesn't confirm or show any sign of a new Eeveelution, it could be a possibility, considering today's Smash is near CoroCoro.

For me, Fennekin has the best design. Recently the fire type starters have been getting worse and worse, it's nice to see a fire starter that has some elegance and isn't just stocky, big and ugly. I'm hoping that it will be a fire/psychic/dark because it would make for an unusual combination, but it's probably just going to be a fire type and nothing else. Chespin looks good too, and unusually isn't the 'girlie choice' it's design looks quite stocky and strong, so maybe it will be also a fighting type. Froakie is my least favorite, mainly because I have a fear of frogs, but also because there has already been a few pokemon based off frogs and toads already.

I agree with Derpy. It's nice to see an elegant fire type, and not stocky or brutish like most others.

I'm probably picking Chespin as it is right now, but it will ofcourse depend on the evolutions as well.

interesting speculation
    why do you think chespin will be grass/fighting?
    main speculation is grass/dark which is opposite
    I can see Chespin having the best attack power of the three. He looks way too innocent not become a total badass of some sort ha. Also, no matter how much people hate the Fire/Fighting combination (including myself), GF still seems to stick with it so i feel as though they are not going to drop it for this generation. Although Grass/Dark would be equally as badass.

I can see Chespin having the best attack power of the three. He looks way too innocent not become a total badass of some sort ha. Also, no matter how much people hate the Fire/Fighting combination (including myself), GF still seems to stick with it so i feel as though they are not going to drop it for this generation. Although Grass/Dark would be equally as badass.
    grass/dark is a fun offensive combo (shiftry being an example of that)
    and i wouldn't disregard game freak's ability to change just yet. after all BW2 were VERY different from the other games and they made a lot of changes so i'm expecting different features in this coming up gen

grass/dark is a fun offensive combo (shiftry being an example of that)
    and i wouldn't disregard game freak's ability to change just yet. after all BW2 were VERY different from the other games and they made a lot of changes so i'm expecting different features in this coming up gen
    Good point. Id say my speculation is more wishful thinking as i breezed through Emerald with Breloom. Either way at the moment my starter is Chespin, unless Fennekin or Froakie has an amazing secondary typing (ive heard speculation of a Froakie Water/Psychic type that looks like a wizard with a glorious beard!)

Quote Originally Posted by Paralititan View Post
    I agree with Derpy. It's nice to see an elegant fire type, and not stocky or brutish like most others.

I'm probably picking Chespin as it is right now, but it will ofcourse depend on the evolutions as well.
    Really Hoping on a new Arcanine pure type Fire that is as Majestic as it is Powerful. Although a Fire/Dark Houndoom type pokemon would be equally as good.

Good point. Id say my speculation is more wishful thinking as i breezed through Emerald with Breloom. Either way at the moment my starter is Chespin, unless Fennekin or Froakie has an amazing secondary typing (ive heard speculation of a Froakie Water/Psychic type that looks like a wizard with a glorious beard!)
    All I'm hearing about is wizards and knights. Because Oshawott was a samurai?
    I'm expecting Sinnoh-like starters, in the way that they are all animals, and not royalty/samurai. I love the gen V starters, so don't get rubbed the wrong way.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

water psychic would be cool but if chespin does become grass/dark froakie would get destroyed
    breloom is cool though

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    All I'm hearing about is wizards and knights. Because Oshawott was a samurai?
    I'm expecting Sinnoh-like starters, in the way that they are all animals, and not royalty/samurai. I love the gen V starters, so don't get rubbed the wrong way.
    Fully agree. The gen V starters were good, but hopefully it leans towards more of a gen III (excluding Meganium who i see as the same Pokemon but with larger leafs/flowers around its neck) and gen IV looking pokemon. Although i wouldn't mind a Water/Psychic type starter evo.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpy Hooves View Post
    For me, Fennekin has the best design. Recently the fire type starters have been getting worse and worse, it's nice to see a fire starter that has some elegance and isn't just stocky, big and ugly. I'm hoping that it will be a fire/psychic/dark because it would make for an unusual combination, but it's probably just going to be a fire type and nothing else. Chespin looks good too, and unusually isn't the 'girlie choice' it's design looks quite stocky and strong, so maybe it will be also a fighting type. Froakie is my least favorite, mainly because I have a fear of frogs, but also because there has already been a few pokemon based off frogs and toads already.
    I COMPLETELY agree, with the fire starters. Actually, since the 5th starters, it's been a mess. When they were first released, I was quite happy. But, whoever designed the evolved forms, they should be sent to... Jail.
    Froakie looks very different then the other frogs. He actually looks like frog!
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

does anyone here remember what was revealed by corocoro a month after black and white's trailer? if information was revealed, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    I COMPLETELY agree, with the fire starters. Actually, since the 5th starters, it's been a mess. When they were first released, I was quite happy. But, whoever designed the evolved forms, they should be sent to... Jail.
    i don't think the fifth gen starters evos had bad designs...just emboar

water psychic would be cool but if chespin does become grass/dark froakie would get destroyed
    breloom is cool though
    That's why i was hoping for a Grass/Fighting, Fire, Water/Poison type evolutions so there is no real advantage over the other starters, other than the normal ones. I'm not a fan of the Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting rumors that are circulating around. Personally, my main preference is for all starters to have pure types for all their evolution's.

That is a matter of opinion and the person who designed them nearly designed all the other Pokemon lmao.

i don't think the fifth gen starters evos had bad designs...just emboar
    I guess Serperior was... Okay. I was REALLY hoping that Samurott was Water/Rock. Also, there movepools were really bad.
    Samurott, Water-Move, Ice-Move, uh...
    Serperior, Grass-Move, uh...
    Emboar, Fire-Move, Fighting-Move, uh...
    It is my opinion, along with my brothers, that Ruby/Sapphire is a lot better than Black/White. You can go against, I don't mind.
    However, I REALLY like Black2/White2.
    Last edited by DarkSword39; 9th February 2013 at 2:57 PM.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

I guess Serperior was... Okay. I was REALLY hoping that Samurott was Water/Rock. Also, there movepools were really bad.
    Samurott, Water-Move, Ice-Move, uh... Megahorn everything
    Serperior, Grass-Move, uh... Hidden Power and Dragon Pulse?
    Emboar, Fire-Move, Fighting-Move, uh...You must be trolling on this one
    All in Bold.

Page 300 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast