View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 306 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356406 ... LastLast
Results 7,626 to 7,650 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #7626
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Eon Gardens
    Posts
    289

    Default

    ^ well, you can't say they will. You can say, but it doesn't mean it will happen. Personally, I hope it is:


    Water/Electric
    Fire/Fighting (Don't hate me cuz u aint me)
    Grass

  2. #7627
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [aka] View Post
    Quality post, sir. Your contribution to this thread is greatly appreciated.

    So really, does anyone else think that Chespin using Ariel Ace might hint at it being a Flying-type, or simply that it learns slash-y moves?
    no way he will be a flying type he has nothing to remotely indicate he will be flying
    a lot of starters can learn aerial ace it isn't a rare move
    ik it is overspeculated but i still think he will be grass/dark and that's what im stickin too
    i can see why he might be part steel but i don't see him becoming part rock or ground

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  3. #7628
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Great Wall of China
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Heatmor gets Giga Drain, there's type/move contrast for you.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

  4. #7629
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    Heatmor gets Giga Drain, there's type/move contrast for you.
    who exactly are you talking too?
    are you referring to chespin using aerial ace

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  5. #7630
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Great Wall of China
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    who exactly are you talking too?
    are you referring to chespin using aerial ace
    I speak to all...
    Imma talkin' 'bout da fact that the starters may not be the moves that they were using.
    You are what you eat, and Fennekin is not drinking a Psychic Milkshake.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

  6. #7631
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,572

    Default

    I see no point in some people saying, "they're not going to be this" or "they're not going to be that". For Arceus' sakes, we have no idea what they're going to be. It's pointless to say things like that. (>.<)

  7. #7632
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    I speak to all...
    Imma talkin' 'bout da fact that the starters may not be the moves that they were using.
    You are what you eat, and Fennekin is not drinking a Psychic Milkshake.
    idr them eating anything in the commercial
    and why don't you think he is? i mean you could be right but as i recall only ninetales is the only fire type to learn psychic moves

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  8. #7633
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    no way he will be a flying type he has nothing to remotely indicate he will be flying
    a lot of starters can learn aerial ace it isn't a rare move
    ik it is overspeculated but i still think he will be grass/dark and that's what im stickin too
    i can see why he might be part steel but i don't see him becoming part rock or ground
    No one should be sticking to anything yet. It's far too early, and we know practically nothing about these guys.

  9. #7634
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    No one should be sticking to anything yet. It's far too early, and we know practically nothing about these guys.
    well i know i'm just sticking to it cuz what i believe. ik it may not be 100% accurate it could be false but it is what i believe he will be

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  10. #7635
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Great Wall of China
    Posts
    337

    Default

    I stick to nothing. My clothes aren't sticky enough.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

  11. #7636
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    770

    Default

    ^I stick to the item that increase's Farfetch'd's critical hit rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    well i know i'm just sticking to it cuz what i believe. ik it may not be 100% accurate it could be false but it is what i believe he will be
    Well, if you understand that you may be wrong, that's good enough.

    I was just making sure.

  12. #7637
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    I stick to nothing. My clothes aren't sticky enough.
    anyways more on topic
    does anyone think their starter should follow them outside of their pokeball?
    i know in the trailer it didn't show that happening but it even same it wasn't final gameplay footage
    i loved this mechanic from gen II and HG/SS
    i mean and your starter could play some sort of role in your game help make the plot more emotional and involved like the mystery dungeon series perhaps?

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  13. #7638
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    anyways more on topic
    does anyone think their starter should follow them outside of their pokeball?
    i know in the trailer it didn't show that happening but it even same it wasn't final gameplay footage
    i loved this mechanic from gen II and HG/SS
    i mean and your starter could play some sort of role in your game help make the plot more emotional and involved like the mystery dungeon series perhaps?
    I really hope so, but I'm not counting on it.

  14. #7639
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I really hope so, but I'm not counting on it.
    well even if it doesn't happen it's better to have SOME high hopes for it
    i mean this was one of my favorite features in Gen II

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  15. #7640
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Great Wall of China
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    anyways more on topic
    does anyone think their starter should follow them outside of their pokeball?
    i know in the trailer it didn't show that happening but it even same it wasn't final gameplay footage
    i loved this mechanic from gen II and HG/SS
    i mean and your starter could play some sort of role in your game help make the plot more emotional and involved like the mystery dungeon series perhaps?
    I think that they should, but I don't think that they will. The waltzing around behind the player, I mean.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

  16. #7641
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    i don't expect it too much either but i loved this
    and i don't like how they seem to take away the fun key elements away the next gen
    for example: the partner pokemon following you and also ball capsule seals

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  17. #7642
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kanto (Packing for Kalos)
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I see no point in some people saying, "they're not going to be this" or "they're not going to be that". For Arceus' sakes, we have no idea what they're going to be. It's pointless to say things like that. (>.<)
    I agree. This thread is speculation, after all. None of us know anything about anything beyond what we think we know or what we want to know.

    I especially love those who shut you down for thinking Fennekin's typing will be anything but Fire/Psychic. Just because we want her to be part psychic doesn't make it a reality. Just because she uses an attack that kinda looks psychic doesn't mean anything either...

    Chespin's "slash" could have either been Aerial Ace or Night Slash. BUT, it really doesn't matter which because that doesn't define its typing. Alot of pokemon can use those moves and not get STAB from them...

    Speculating is great. Shutting down someone elses ideas just because a.) they aren't yours or b.) they are popular is not cool...
    MASTER Pkmn Team

  18. #7643
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    1,450

    Default

    After watching the trailer again it looks like Chespin is using a dark move and the only move type I can associate to Froakies is either fighting or normal but if Chespin is going to be dark and Fennekin Psychic then Frokie must be a fighting. But if Chespin is dark that means it's a dirty fighter because I doubt it would be symbolising anything related to darkness, and that doesn't make sense because I can't really see a starter being a evil pokemon because they are for beginners. Wouldn't mind Fenniken being a psychic though.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

    FC= 1121 0822 2345

  19. #7644
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    bleurgh
    Posts
    523

    Default

    There is lots of speculation about the starters and their typings but there is one thing that i'm sure almost everybody will agree to:
    THESE STARTERS ARE BETTER THAN 5TH GEN STARTERS!
    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92
    shiny Klefki has the hidden ability GTA where you can jack cabs in Luminose City and transport yourself to various areas without a fee.
    ----
    Quote Originally Posted by HEB View Post
    I think Diancie is the regional mew not Hoopa. Hoopa is more like... Kami trio master or something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    maybe it's a Pokemon and not a regional anything

  20. #7645
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange Islands
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    There is lots of speculation about the starters and their typings but there is one thing that i'm sure almost everybody will agree to:
    THESE STARTERS ARE BETTER THAN 5TH GEN STARTERS!
    I actually really liked gen. 5's a lot. I just absolutely hated their evos, Samurwott was a huge let down & so was Tepig turning into another Fire/Fighting.. *crosses fingers Fennekin won't be part Fighting*
    ~6th Generation Here We Come~

  21. #7646
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Azalea Town
    Posts
    910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsi_ View Post
    I actually really liked gen. 5's a lot. I just absolutely hated their evos, Samurwott was a huge let down & so was Tepig turning into another Fire/Fighting.. *crosses fingers Fennekin won't be part Fighting*


    Well, what are the chances of the little fox being a fighting type? As long as his evolution stays on its fours, things will be fine, right?
    Check out my pokemon fanfics!
    Ambition
    Four Times The Charm
    For The Love of Food!
    Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

    Disappearance: REWRITE
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.
    Click on Image for Newest Chapter! 19/?? Chapters Complete

  22. #7647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    How are you so sure that TMs aren't involved?

    And Charmander gets Dragon Rage, and Tepig gets Smog. Oshawott gets Fury Cutter.
    charmander's an exception to my rule, tepig gets smog at 19 after it's supposed to evolve and again oshawott gets fury cutter after it's supposed to evolve.

    oh, i also looked at damaging moves only since it was clear that all the moves the starters used were damaging in the trailer. posionpowder counts as passive damage.

    i could be wrong of course, i'm just saying the moves are supposed to give us a bigger clue than what the skeptics think.

  23. #7648
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    bleurgh
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post


    Well, what are the chances of the little fox being a fighting type? As long as his evolution stays on its fours, things will be fine, right?
    Not really. Remember Cobalion and his mates Terrakion, Virizion and Keldeo.
    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92
    shiny Klefki has the hidden ability GTA where you can jack cabs in Luminose City and transport yourself to various areas without a fee.
    ----
    Quote Originally Posted by HEB View Post
    I think Diancie is the regional mew not Hoopa. Hoopa is more like... Kami trio master or something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    maybe it's a Pokemon and not a regional anything

  24. #7649
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post


    Well, what are the chances of the little fox being a fighting type? As long as his evolution stays on its fours, things will be fine, right?
    Thankx for making me crap myself laughing! But I'm willing to do that if it stopped a Fire/fighting Fennekin!

    Personally, I want a Bipedal CHespin evo, a Quadreped Fennekin evo and a Froakie evo that can switch between both.

  25. #7650
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Hazard View Post
    i posted about this a looong time ago.
    mudkip learns mud slap early on, and it becomes ground.
    bulbasaur learns poisonpowder early on, it stays grass/poison

    most of the rest of the starters learn only fire/grass/water type or normal moves depending on their type. the moves they learn that aren't their own pure type usually give a big clue as to what type they're gonna end up as. torchic and piplup are exceptions because they're birds and of course birds will learn moves like peck. it's not as concrete that foxes learn psychic moves because look at zorua and zoroark.
    Sorry, but how is that related to my post? The only thing relevant you said to my post was about starter attacks and, while you claim to have said the same thing I did only ages prior, you are actually on a totally different page than me. I am on the side that thinks the moves DO NOT relate to their eventual typings as we don't know what the moves are. I do understand that it is entirely possible for Fennekin to be using a psychic type move, but half of you fail to realize that not all purple and wavy attacks are of the psychic type.
    Also, your Zorua/Zoroark argument holds no ground because there is no such thing as psychic in the real world. Sure, birds can peck with their beak and amphibians can poison things but to relate psychic abilities to the matter is poor logic as psychic power only exists in the Pokemon world.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/o920es.jpg[/IMG]

Page 306 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356406 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •