View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 307 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357407 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,675 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #7651
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    So anyone hoping the starters get a good movepool? Emboar had one but lacked the stats to pull it off without Trick Room support/Flame Charge.

  2. #7652
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange Islands
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post


    Well, what are the chances of the little fox being a fighting type? As long as his evolution stays on its fours, things will be fine, right?
    I'm pretty sure GameFreak will find a way to ruin the starters again this generation lol..
    ~6th Generation Here We Come~

  3. #7653
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsi_ View Post
    I'm pretty sure GameFreak will find a way to ruin the starters again this generation lol..
    I think it was mostly the stats last gen, along with Serperior's BW movepool. Serperior BW2 was usable thnx to Aqua Tail and Outrage...

    Come on Thunder Fennekin! Daddy wants a Water Killer!

  4. #7654
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Fennekin's evolutions probably wont be fire/fighting, I mean four generations in a row! And with all the fire/fighting rage, no way they would make another one.

    They will probably be Fire ground, since Fennec foxes live in deserts.

    Personally I want fennekin to be based on Anubis, then we can get fire/dark evolutions.

  5. #7655
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    Fennekin's evolutions probably wont be fire/fighting, I mean four generations in a row! And with all the fire/fighting rage, no way they would make another one.

    They will probably be Fire ground, since Fennec foxes live in deserts.

    Personally I want fennekin to be based on Anubis, then we can get fire/dark evolutions.
    Nooooo!!!!!!!! Fire/Ground would be a horrible type=Fennekin slow=Fire/Ground defensive type=Noooooooo!

    Ever notice that the more popular starters get better types?

  6. #7656
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    15

    Default

    If Fennekin gets a fighting type evo, I wil foam at the mouth slightly. That meme made me rofl so much and I agree that Gamefreak need to mix it up. Fennekin should have Fire/Psychic evos, Chespin should have Fighting/Dark evos and Froakie maybe a Flying type evo? Judging from the clouds on its back that would be an educated guess. Lol a frog flying. If it's not flying then something epic like a dragon( it could evolve into a salamander thing mutant...). Just my mad thoughts.
    Go Aegislash!

    3DS Friend Code 152135667963 be sure to add me im always wanting to make any new friends to trade/battle with. Also looking for ANY POKEMON WITH POKERUS. PLEASE PM ME WITH POKEMON THAT HAVE POKERUS.

  7. #7657
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophix View Post
    If Fennekin gets a fighting type evo, I wil foam at the mouth slightly. That meme made me rofl so much and I agree that Gamefreak need to mix it up. Fennekin should have Fire/Psychic evos, Chespin should have Fighting/Dark evos and Froakie maybe a Flying type evo? Judging from the clouds on its back that would be an educated guess. Lol a frog flying. If it's not flying then something epic like a dragon( it could evolve into a salamander thing mutant...). Just my mad thoughts.
    Most people want a Water/Fighting Froaks. Better than Fire/Fighting Fennekin. Water/Fight does need boosted in the competitive frog department. On the bright side, it means they can make half a frog/fight team or a 4 water frog team. And a 5 frog team, lol.

    Fire/Psychic could use an overhaul with Fennekin'sn face on it, while grass/dark has been neglected.

  8. #7658
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Because I have nothing to do, I looked up chestnut in Wikipedia

    Here's what it says

    "in Japan the chestnut is a symbol of success and hard times, of mastery and strength"

    What do you think that hints at?

  9. #7659
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canada froze
    Posts
    6,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post


    Well, what are the chances of the little fox being a fighting type? As long as his evolution stays on its fours, things will be fine, right?
    I could care less about the typing and more on the design. Seriously stop whining about a typing on a starter, I'm pretty sure there are better things to complain about in Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    I think it was mostly the stats last gen, along with Serperior's BW movepool. Serperior BW2 was usable thnx to Aqua Tail and Outrage...

    Come on Thunder Fennekin! Daddy wants a Water Killer!
    To be frank, Outrage sucks on everything except for Dragons and Aqua Tail doesn't provide to much. Dragon Pulse was its only and great upgrade.

    And I like Fire/Electric. ;p

  10. #7660
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In the Area of Johto
    Posts
    314

    Default

    I'm sure that Fennekin might have a full Fire, Fire/Psychic, or Fire/Ghost evolution since it used a Psychic like attack like Psywave on Kirlia. And it might be due to fire foxes' origins.


    DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

    Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

  11. #7661
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Ok, I'm sick of all this speculation on Fennekin's type based just off of the attack it used in the trailer. Same goes for each of the starters. Hasn't anyone heard of Copycat? Metronome? Me First? Assist? All of those are moves that let the pokemon use moves that it can or can't normally use, moves that another pokemon can use. (except Metronome, that one's just a random move)

    Plus, the animations we know might have changed AND there are plenty of pokemon who use moves that aren't their types. However, I am aware that they would likely use representative moves in the trailers.

  12. #7662
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightJewel View Post
    Ok, I'm sick of all this speculation on Fennekin's type based just off of the attack it used in the trailer. Same goes for each of the starters. Hasn't anyone heard of Copycat? Metronome? Me First? Assist? All of those are moves that let the pokemon use moves that it can or can't normally use, moves that another pokemon can use. (except Metronome, that one's just a random move)

    Plus, the animations we know might have changed AND there are plenty of pokemon who use moves that aren't their types. However, I am aware that they would likely use representative moves in the trailers.
    ^ this is what you guys need to read before speculating types. That ought to stop the unneeded speculation. It was getting on my nerves.

  13. #7663
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightJewel View Post
    Ok, I'm sick of all this speculation on Fennekin's type based just off of the attack it used in the trailer. Same goes for each of the starters. Hasn't anyone heard of Copycat? Metronome? Me First? Assist? All of those are moves that let the pokemon use moves that it can or can't normally use, moves that another pokemon can use. (except Metronome, that one's just a random move)
    Plus, the animations we know might have changed AND there are plenty of pokemon who use moves that aren't their types. However, I am aware that they would likely use representative moves in the trailers.
    I bet you whatever you want that it's not none of these moves.

  14. #7664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Sorry, but how is that related to my post? The only thing relevant you said to my post was about starter attacks and, while you claim to have said the same thing I did only ages prior, you are actually on a totally different page than me. I am on the side that thinks the moves DO NOT relate to their eventual typings as we don't know what the moves are. I do understand that it is entirely possible for Fennekin to be using a psychic type move, but half of you fail to realize that not all purple and wavy attacks are of the psychic type.
    Also, your Zorua/Zoroark argument holds no ground because there is no such thing as psychic in the real world. Sure, birds can peck with their beak and amphibians can poison things but to relate psychic abilities to the matter is poor logic as psychic power only exists in the Pokemon world.
    LOL. "the only relevant thing you said to my post was about starter attacks"-there you go buddy, that was what my post you quoted was all about. nah, don't get your panties in a twist, i know there's a possibility it's not a psychic move. i'm about 80% sure it is though because psychic moves are really distinct. can't think of any attacks of different types with animations similar to the purple waves.
    ah, so if that argument holds no ground then the whole "well fennekin can be pure fire and learn psychic moves because ninetales can and it's a fox" argument holds no ground? pokemon has barely anything to do with the real world, which is why i didn't use the real world for reference (you shouldn't either). when i said birds i meant bird POKEMON learn peck and that fox POKEMON like zorua don't learn any damaging psychic moves.

    again, chill man. don't get so heated about pokemon haha. it's all speculation, none of us can say "you're wrong!" with certainty at this point. all you can do is make your point and give evidence. not much more to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightJewel View Post
    Ok, I'm sick of all this speculation on Fennekin's type based just off of the attack it used in the trailer. Same goes for each of the starters. Hasn't anyone heard of Copycat? Metronome? Me First? Assist? All of those are moves that let the pokemon use moves that it can or can't normally use, moves that another pokemon can use. (except Metronome, that one's just a random move)

    Plus, the animations we know might have changed AND there are plenty of pokemon who use moves that aren't their types. However, I am aware that they would likely use representative moves in the trailers.
    you have good points, just wanna nitpick a bit here (sorry!)

    copycat, metronome, me first, and assist all have an animation first before they use the move being copied. IF it's a copy move it's probably mirror move or sketch+the move copied. and that's a pretty interesting theory. what if one of the starters used mirror move? it makes the most sense in fennekin's case since it's battling kirlia, a psychic type. mirror move is generally learned by bird/flying pokemon though.
    Last edited by Generation Hazard; 10th February 2013 at 2:21 PM.

  15. #7665
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightJewel View Post
    Ok, I'm sick of all this speculation on Fennekin's type based just off of the attack it used in the trailer. Same goes for each of the starters. Hasn't anyone heard of Copycat? Metronome? Me First? Assist? All of those are moves that let the pokemon use moves that it can or can't normally use, moves that another pokemon can use. (except Metronome, that one's just a random move)

    Plus, the animations we know might have changed AND there are plenty of pokemon who use moves that aren't their types. However, I am aware that they would likely use representative moves in the trailers.
    this is called a speculation thread. and what generation hazard said is true

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  16. #7666
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    188

    Default

    ...maybe they're new attacks?
    I like trains.

    "Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

  17. #7667
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    ...maybe they're new attacks?
    that would be cool but to me it looked like psychic or psywave

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  18. #7668
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    4,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post


    Well, what are the chances of the little fox being a fighting type? As long as his evolution stays on its fours, things will be fine, right?
    Genious...let's hope Arceus is not an *******
    Brave Bird!

  19. #7669
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canada froze
    Posts
    6,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightJewel View Post
    Ok, I'm sick of all this speculation on Fennekin's type based just off of the attack it used in the trailer. Same goes for each of the starters. Hasn't anyone heard of Copycat? Metronome? Me First? Assist? All of those are moves that let the pokemon use moves that it can or can't normally use, moves that another pokemon can use. (except Metronome, that one's just a random move)

    Plus, the animations we know might have changed AND there are plenty of pokemon who use moves that aren't their types. However, I am aware that they would likely use representative moves in the trailers.
    Yep and the trailer mentioned "not final product" meaning it may not learn whatever it's doing in the release after all.

  20. #7670
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Yep and the trailer mentioned "not final product" meaning it may not learn whatever it's doing in the release after all.
    why would they just take away the move though?
    that makes no sense to me

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  21. #7671
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    I'm really wishing for some more info on these starters
    I'm getting so tired of guessing types
    And only going by design and a move they used in the trailer


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  22. #7672
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    why would they just take away the move though?
    that makes no sense to me
    There is no reason that they have to stick with that move. After all, we don't even know the name of the move used.
    @Adamfritz: Yes, my throat is getting parched due to lack of info. We need more info, so that we can have a worthwhile speculation.

  23. #7673
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States, East Coast
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Hazard View Post
    copycat, metronome, me first, and assist all have an animation first before they use the move being copied. IF it's a copy move it's probably mirror move or sketch+the move copied. and that's a pretty interesting theory. what if one of the starters used mirror move? it makes the most sense in fennekin's case since it's battling kirlia, a psychic type. mirror move is generally learned by bird/flying pokemon though.
    All the more reason to assume that Fennekin will become a Flying type upon it's final evolution.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

  24. #7674
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I'm really wishing for some more info on these starters
    I'm getting so tired of guessing types
    And only going by design and a move they used in the trailer
    if we get their final evos types at least, there would at least be less disagreement idc if i'm wrong i just need something

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  25. #7675
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    All the more reason to assume that Fennekin will become a Flying type upon it's final evolution.
    LOL as long as its not fighting, I'm fine with it.

Page 307 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357407 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •