View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 307 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357407 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,675 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

So anyone hoping the starters get a good movepool? Emboar had one but lacked the stats to pull it off without Trick Room support/Flame Charge.

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post

Well, what are the chances of the little fox being a fighting type? As long as his evolution stays on its fours, things will be fine, right?
    I'm pretty sure GameFreak will find a way to ruin the starters again this generation lol..
    ~6th Generation Here We Come~

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsi_ View Post
    I'm pretty sure GameFreak will find a way to ruin the starters again this generation lol..
    I think it was mostly the stats last gen, along with Serperior's BW movepool. Serperior BW2 was usable thnx to Aqua Tail and Outrage...

Come on Thunder Fennekin! Daddy wants a Water Killer!

Fennekin's evolutions probably wont be fire/fighting, I mean four generations in a row! And with all the fire/fighting rage, no way they would make another one.

They will probably be Fire ground, since Fennec foxes live in deserts.

Personally I want fennekin to be based on Anubis, then we can get fire/dark evolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    Fennekin's evolutions probably wont be fire/fighting, I mean four generations in a row! And with all the fire/fighting rage, no way they would make another one.

They will probably be Fire ground, since Fennec foxes live in deserts.

Personally I want fennekin to be based on Anubis, then we can get fire/dark evolutions.
    Nooooo!!!!!!!! Fire/Ground would be a horrible type=Fennekin slow=Fire/Ground defensive type=Noooooooo!

Ever notice that the more popular starters get better types?

If Fennekin gets a fighting type evo, I wil foam at the mouth slightly. That meme made me rofl so much and I agree that Gamefreak need to mix it up. Fennekin should have Fire/Psychic evos, Chespin should have Fighting/Dark evos and Froakie maybe a Flying type evo? Judging from the clouds on its back that would be an educated guess. Lol a frog flying. If it's not flying then something epic like a dragon( it could evolve into a salamander thing mutant...). Just my mad thoughts.
    Go Aegislash!

3DS Friend Code 152135667963 be sure to add me im always wanting to make any new friends to trade/battle with. Also looking for ANY POKEMON WITH POKERUS. PLEASE PM ME WITH POKEMON THAT HAVE POKERUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophix View Post
    If Fennekin gets a fighting type evo, I wil foam at the mouth slightly. That meme made me rofl so much and I agree that Gamefreak need to mix it up. Fennekin should have Fire/Psychic evos, Chespin should have Fighting/Dark evos and Froakie maybe a Flying type evo? Judging from the clouds on its back that would be an educated guess. Lol a frog flying. If it's not flying then something epic like a dragon( it could evolve into a salamander thing mutant...). Just my mad thoughts.
    Most people want a Water/Fighting Froaks. Better than Fire/Fighting Fennekin. Water/Fight does need boosted in the competitive frog department. On the bright side, it means they can make half a frog/fight team or a 4 water frog team. And a 5 frog team, lol.

Fire/Psychic could use an overhaul with Fennekin'sn face on it, while grass/dark has been neglected.

Because I have nothing to do, I looked up chestnut in Wikipedia

Here's what it says

"in Japan the chestnut is a symbol of success and hard times, of mastery and strength"

What do you think that hints at?

Well, what are the chances of the little fox being a fighting type? As long as his evolution stays on its fours, things will be fine, right?
    I could care less about the typing and more on the design. Seriously stop whining about a typing on a starter, I'm pretty sure there are better things to complain about in Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    I think it was mostly the stats last gen, along with Serperior's BW movepool. Serperior BW2 was usable thnx to Aqua Tail and Outrage...

Come on Thunder Fennekin! Daddy wants a Water Killer!
    To be frank, Outrage sucks on everything except for Dragons and Aqua Tail doesn't provide to much. Dragon Pulse was its only and great upgrade.

And I like Fire/Electric. ;p

I'm sure that Fennekin might have a full Fire, Fire/Psychic, or Fire/Ghost evolution since it used a Psychic like attack like Psywave on Kirlia. And it might be due to fire foxes' origins.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Ok, I'm sick of all this speculation on Fennekin's type based just off of the attack it used in the trailer. Same goes for each of the starters. Hasn't anyone heard of Copycat? Metronome? Me First? Assist? All of those are moves that let the pokemon use moves that it can or can't normally use, moves that another pokemon can use. (except Metronome, that one's just a random move)

Plus, the animations we know might have changed AND there are plenty of pokemon who use moves that aren't their types. However, I am aware that they would likely use representative moves in the trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightJewel View Post
    Ok, I'm sick of all this speculation on Fennekin's type based just off of the attack it used in the trailer. Same goes for each of the starters. Hasn't anyone heard of Copycat? Metronome? Me First? Assist? All of those are moves that let the pokemon use moves that it can or can't normally use, moves that another pokemon can use. (except Metronome, that one's just a random move)

Plus, the animations we know might have changed AND there are plenty of pokemon who use moves that aren't their types. However, I am aware that they would likely use representative moves in the trailers.
    ^ this is what you guys need to read before speculating types. That ought to stop the unneeded speculation. It was getting on my nerves.

I bet you whatever you want that it's not none of these moves.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Sorry, but how is that related to my post? The only thing relevant you said to my post was about starter attacks and, while you claim to have said the same thing I did only ages prior, you are actually on a totally different page than me. I am on the side that thinks the moves DO NOT relate to their eventual typings as we don't know what the moves are. I do understand that it is entirely possible for Fennekin to be using a psychic type move, but half of you fail to realize that not all purple and wavy attacks are of the psychic type.
    Also, your Zorua/Zoroark argument holds no ground because there is no such thing as psychic in the real world. Sure, birds can peck with their beak and amphibians can poison things but to relate psychic abilities to the matter is poor logic as psychic power only exists in the Pokemon world.
    LOL. "the only relevant thing you said to my post was about starter attacks"-there you go buddy, that was what my post you quoted was all about. nah, don't get your panties in a twist, i know there's a possibility it's not a psychic move. i'm about 80% sure it is though because psychic moves are really distinct. can't think of any attacks of different types with animations similar to the purple waves.
    ah, so if that argument holds no ground then the whole "well fennekin can be pure fire and learn psychic moves because ninetales can and it's a fox" argument holds no ground? pokemon has barely anything to do with the real world, which is why i didn't use the real world for reference (you shouldn't either). when i said birds i meant bird POKEMON learn peck and that fox POKEMON like zorua don't learn any damaging psychic moves.

again, chill man. don't get so heated about pokemon haha. it's all speculation, none of us can say "you're wrong!" with certainty at this point. all you can do is make your point and give evidence. not much more to it.

you have good points, just wanna nitpick a bit here (sorry!)

copycat, metronome, me first, and assist all have an animation first before they use the move being copied. IF it's a copy move it's probably mirror move or sketch+the move copied. and that's a pretty interesting theory. what if one of the starters used mirror move? it makes the most sense in fennekin's case since it's battling kirlia, a psychic type. mirror move is generally learned by bird/flying pokemon though.
    Last edited by Generation Hazard; 10th February 2013 at 2:21 PM.

this is called a speculation thread. and what generation hazard said is true

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

...maybe they're new attacks?
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    ...maybe they're new attacks?
    that would be cool but to me it looked like psychic or psywave

Ask me stupid stuff

Genious...let's hope Arceus is not an *******
    Brave Bird!

Yep and the trailer mentioned "not final product" meaning it may not learn whatever it's doing in the release after all.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Yep and the trailer mentioned "not final product" meaning it may not learn whatever it's doing in the release after all.
    why would they just take away the move though?
    that makes no sense to me

Ask me stupid stuff

I'm really wishing for some more info on these starters
    I'm getting so tired of guessing types
    And only going by design and a move they used in the trailer

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    why would they just take away the move though?
    that makes no sense to me
    There is no reason that they have to stick with that move. After all, we don't even know the name of the move used.
    @Adamfritz: Yes, my throat is getting parched due to lack of info. We need more info, so that we can have a worthwhile speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Hazard View Post
    copycat, metronome, me first, and assist all have an animation first before they use the move being copied. IF it's a copy move it's probably mirror move or sketch+the move copied. and that's a pretty interesting theory. what if one of the starters used mirror move? it makes the most sense in fennekin's case since it's battling kirlia, a psychic type. mirror move is generally learned by bird/flying pokemon though.
    All the more reason to assume that Fennekin will become a Flying type upon it's final evolution.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I'm really wishing for some more info on these starters
    I'm getting so tired of guessing types
    And only going by design and a move they used in the trailer
    if we get their final evos types at least, there would at least be less disagreement idc if i'm wrong i just need something

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    All the more reason to assume that Fennekin will become a Flying type upon it's final evolution.
    LOL as long as its not fighting, I'm fine with it.

Page 307 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357407 ... LastLast