View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 31 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541811311031 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I'm in love with this set of starters. Chespin is probably my least favorite, but thats not a bad thing considering how much I love the other two. Froakie is so damn cute I just hope it doesn't turn into a weird walrus samurai thing with a mustache.. *cough*. Fennekin is just amazing, no doubt. Its already one of my favorite pokemon and its been like 2 hours since I first saw it. It is ridiculously cool looking.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

I really dislike Froakie's design and name...he just seems so weird. I'll have to wait for the final evo to be sure, but I'm almost positive I won't choose him.

On the other hand, Fennekin looks awesome, with a feminine, almost Ninetail-ish grace and charm about her/him (?). Chespin is by far the most favorite of mine; I think he's the best choice right now, with his cute smile and powerful-looking moves.

Alright now for prediction, I think that they *possibly* showed both types of the Pokemon in the trailer. My predictions are:

Froakie - Water/Electric
    Fennekin - Fire/Psychic
    Chespin - Grass/Dark

Of these, I'm most sure on Fennekin. The other move totally looks like Psybeam, and she does have something Psychic-y in her. Oh well, I can't wait till we see the final evolution pics!
    Current Black 2 Team

The final team member wanders yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    Grass/Rock is also weak to Fighting and Bug. Also, there's more to what makes a good typing than how many weaknesses it has. Ghost/Dark has no weaknesses, but it's not a particularly good typing due to a lack of useful resistances and redundant STAB combination. :/

Grass/Steel would be nice, but it doesn't look like it. Or Grass/Ghost, just to complete the Fire - Water - Grass Ghost trio. xD
    Two people have already corrected me on this and I have edited my post accordingly, but thank you.

Also I'm aware of the fact that # of weaknesses does not necessarily make or break a type combo, but Grass/Rock's relatively low number of weaknesses, combined with it's excellent SE coverage and wide movepool, makes for one awesome typing imo.

I'm sure many would disagree for their own reasons.
    About Me:

- Favorite type: Grass (Sorry bug )

- Other favorite types: Bug, Ghost and Fighting
    -#1 Favorite Pokemon: Guess... ()

- Other Favorites (In no particular order): Greninja, Sceptile, Talonflame, Ferrothorn, Gardevoir, Liligant, Dusknoir, Roserade, Toxicroak, Ninjask, Mismagius, Scolipede, Aegislash, Heracross, Ampharos, Trevenant, Luxray, Forretress, Altaria, Accelgor, Smeargle, Exeggutor, Gliscore, and Breloom

--------------

THIS is how it's done: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-67308425

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-67301740

Smeargle OP must ban

Definitely going with Fennekin as my starter! Probably will anyway, as long as it's nice design holds up as it evolves. Possibly my favorite (basic form) fire starter! Thinking Psychic as it's secondary.

Froakie is great as well. A lot of people seem to be bashing it, which I can understand with the tired frog design and all, but I still think it's appealing. I think that that he could go many ways, from a sage, to a burglar, ice type, etc. like many have predicted. Should be interesting!

Chespin on the other hand, I'm not too interested in for the time being. A boss evo line could change that right around though. I'm seeing fighting as it's secondary.

I can't wait until their evolutions are revealed. Right now, I'm 90% sure I'm going to go with Froakie though, especially if it becomes a Fighting type. I kind of dislike Chespin, but it's still pretty cool. It reminds me of Dewott a lot(in the face). Fennekin I like as well, and I'm 99% sure it will become a Psychic type, which I don't mind. But overall, Froakie's ninja-moves really caught my heart.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Elementer View Post
    I really dislike Froakie's design and name...he just seems so weird. I'll have to wait for the final evo to be sure, but I'm almost positive I won't choose him.

On the other hand, Fennekin looks awesome, with a feminine, almost Ninetail-ish grace and charm about her/him (?). Chespin is by far the most favorite of mine; I think he's the best choice right now, with his cute smile and powerful-looking moves.

Alright now for prediction, I think that they *possibly* showed both types of the Pokemon in the trailer. My predictions are:

Froakie - Water/Electric
    Fennekin - Fire/Psychic
    Chespin - Grass/Dark

Of these, I'm most sure on Fennekin. The other move totally looks like Psybeam, and she does have something Psychic-y in her. Oh well, I can't wait till we see the final evolution pics!
    Froakie doesn't seem to fit the Electric type. I see it as a fighting type.

Also, now that you mention it the attack that Fennekin uses may indeed be Psybeam. I'm pretty sure Fennekin will end up as Fire/Psychic.

I observed something I didn't before when I took a second gander at Chespin's picture.

I looks like Chespin's "helmet" isn't really a helmet, but the back half of his body. If you look closely at his back and his tail, the back half of his body looks green and runs all the way up to his head, alluding to some kind of armor plate for future evolutions. This leads me to believe that his future evolutions will resemble Insomniac's link, where armor will be all over his back, and he'll probably be able to roll into a ball with his armor and learn moves like Rollout and Rapid Spin.

Judging by Fennekin's appearence it hopefully won't have the figthing-type.

Fennekin should be either a plain fire type, or a fire/anything but fighting, cheap in is most likely a grass/ground or rock type, and froakie is probably a plain water, mainly cuz other than ground, I can't think of to suit it...
    Went to the book store to get a Where's Waldo book.
    Couldn't find any.
    Well played Waldo...well played

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    I observed something I didn't before when I took a second gander at Chespin's picture.

I looks like Chespin's "helmet" isn't really a helmet, but the back half of his body. If you look closely at his back and his tail, the back half of his body looks green and runs all the way up to his head, alluding to some kind of armor plate for future evolutions. This leads me to believe that his future evolutions will resemble Insomniac's link, where armor will be all over his back, and he'll probably be able to roll into a ball with his armor and learn moves like Rollout and Rapid Spin.
    I noticed that, too, after looking at the art more closely. I think that this alludes to more defensive stats and therefore more a more defensive type. So I'm thinking Rock because I don't really see Steal, but like other's have said before nuts (ches=chestnut) are very hard and, well, so are rocks. Kind of dumb sounding as I read over it, but it still makes sense to me.

Are they still following the tradition with the fire starter?
    Fennekin looks like a type of fox but maybe it's a weird dog or rat :0

Looking again at Froakie, the cloud-like bubble around his neck and back seem to resemble an article of clothing, like a cloak/scarf/coat, more than anything else I can think of, which leads me to believe that this white substance on his back will evolve into a longer cloak-like trail down his backside, implying the look of a burglar or a sinister appearance.

Furthermore, his pose looks like he is employing extreme caution, as if he's up to no good, which helps cement my agreement with Honchkrow's theory that he'll evolve into a burglar-like figure, and become Water/Dark.

Wow. Watched the trailer when I woke up and I can officially say now... I like the starters way better then the 5th gen ones when they were revealed. I actually like Froakie the most. And Fennekin the least.

Maybe all of them will be pure types. The only Region we had this was Johto, and, even though Johto's starters are the worsts IMO, it would be nice to see a starter with no second type again
    Friend Safari
    Type: Poison
    Pokémon: Venomoth, Gloom, Drapion
    FC: 3969-5407-3750
    If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back

Fennekin is based off of a Fennec Fox, its name is a dead give away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post

Essentially turning him into an armadillo. I guess stranger things have been done.

I don't know why everyone is thinking Psybeam is the attack Fennekin used, it didn't have any sort of resemblance to a beam. Of the possible attacks I've seen floated the one I feel comes closest is Psywave, but honestly I feel like it's more likely to be Confusion. Psychic is also a possibility but it didn't look that powerful. I also feel as though it could possibly just be a status attack of some sort, though that is doubtful seeing Kirilia's reaction.

Here's another possibility that I haven't seen floated: an entirely new move. Doubtful, but possible.

Fennekin is soon to be the mudkip of the generation it seems. The little thing is bloody adorable though. On the other hand chespin looks slightly off for me, and Froakie is just ridiculous. I had high hopes for their evolution forms however.

To tell the truth I have seen better fakemon starters on deviantart.

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

Why so little love for Froakie? It has bubble-bifocals, a suds-cape-beard thing going on, and it just looks... I don't know, a good 400% better than all the other frog pokemon we already have. Based on Sugimori's style, it seems to favor special attack and defense, a theory further supported by the aforementioned bifocal markings (Choice Specs, Wise Glasses...), so I don't see why people are predicting a Fighting subtype. Poliwrath is a Water-Fighting frog, if you need one.

Also, Fennekin's first evolution will be part fighting just to troll everyone, before it evolves into a less played out typing.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under-appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I found this picture:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/5a372ab6f...k4y2o1_500.jpg

Is it real?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Nope, it's fan made.
    About Me:

- Favorite type: Grass (Sorry bug )

- Other favorite types: Bug, Ghost and Fighting
    -#1 Favorite Pokemon: Guess... ()

- Other Favorites (In no particular order): Greninja, Sceptile, Talonflame, Ferrothorn, Gardevoir, Liligant, Dusknoir, Roserade, Toxicroak, Ninjask, Mismagius, Scolipede, Aegislash, Heracross, Ampharos, Trevenant, Luxray, Forretress, Altaria, Accelgor, Smeargle, Exeggutor, Gliscore, and Breloom

--------------

THIS is how it's done: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-67308425

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-67301740

Smeargle OP must ban

I think the final evolution of Froakie will be a plump frog that looks similar to a king.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Ok, so just hear me out, this may sound like a stretch. But I'd like to share a theory of mine that I recently came up with, please tell me what you think.

So, regarding Pokemon types, I have an idea of what Froakie's type may be. Remember, just something I noticed.

The white cloud-like structures position around Froakie's head made me think of something else.

Look at Froakie and then look at this link: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-M8oz-0IlQf...enFranklin.jpg

It may be a stretch, but there is a slight resemblance if you picture the clouds as hair and glasses and a ruffles on a shirt.

Picture a water/lightning type starter. I think it'd be cool.

FC:5240 8468 7009

If it wasn't shown in the trailer, it's not real.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Obviously not, but they are cool predictions nonetheless.

This is the time where fakemons are really going to start popping up. We'll be seeing lots of fakemon.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Page 31 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541811311031 ... LastLast