View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 316 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,900 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Most starters only get coverage through TM. Otherwise it's just Type/Type2/Normal moves.

Anyway, hoping that Fennekin is Fire-Fighting Dark. I understand from the trailer, but Pokemon can always use moves that aren't their type.

But GF is GF and we'll get another Fire/Fighting.
    ~~used to be known as Infernape_Rulez/Creeper~~

Quote Originally Posted by Draqunity View Post
    Most starters only get coverage through TM. Otherwise it's just Type/Type2/Normal moves.

Anyway, hoping that Fennekin is Fire-Fighting Dark. I understand from the trailer, but Pokemon can always use moves that aren't their type.

But GF is GF and we'll get another Fire/Fighting.
    samurott learned megahorn by level i know there's more but that's what comes to mind and i'm too lazy to dig

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Now for my list of level up moves Fennekin could learn if it is Fire/Psychic (this is for its final evo):

Lv.1 Tackle
    Lv.5 Growl
    Lv.8 Ember
    LV.12 Miracle Eye
    Lv.16 Confusion
    Lv.20 Take Down
    Lv.24 Teleport
    Lv.29 Flame Burst
    Lv.35 Psyshock
    Lv.39 Flamethrower
    Lv.46 Double Edge
    Lv.51 Psychic
    Lv.55 Fire Blast
    Lv.63 *insert new special Psychic move here*

I'm sure it will have more gen 6 moves than only one.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    well we don't know any of them yet
    this is a good moveset but yes some of these will most likely be new moves

That's true but Empoleon only learned one newly introduced move in its level up moveset I believe (Aqua Jet) so having one Gen 6 move can still work.

Alright, alright...you're probably right with you and your venom. I'll back off.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    That's true but Empoleon only learned one newly introduced move in its level up moveset I believe (Aqua Jet) so having one Gen 6 move can still work.
    speaking of gen VI moves what new moves do you think the starters will get?

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    speaking of gen VI moves what new moves do you think the starters will get?
    If Chesipin goes the way I think/want it to, hopefully it gets a special projectile version of needle arm with a base attack of 60 or above. There needs to be more powerful grass attacks, cuz right now, if they don't have needle arm or leaf blade all my grass types have energy ball.

If Chesipin goes the way I think/want it to, hopefully it gets a special projectile version of needle arm with a base attack of 60 or above. There needs to be more powerful grass attacks, cuz right now, if they don't have needle arm or leaf blade all my grass types have energy ball.
    i use grass knot especially in the higher tiers
    but i do agree they need a better special grass move
    but either way i'm hoping chespin is a physical attacker

BECAUSE SINGLE TYPE POKEMON CAN'T LEARN OTHER TYPE ATTACKS YES YOUR THEORIES ARE SO DAMN CORRECT

This is not the first time, nor the last, that someone already speculates what types of attacks those are. Your psychic move on Fennekin may just be Growl, have you thought that?

Aaaaaargggghhhh!
    Casual Veteran Player (History: Yellow, Silver, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, White, Black, White2, Black2 (current))

I just enjoy the ride

FC's:
    White - 5028-9056-3901 (JT):
    Black - 1764-7304-9723 (Aishi):
    White 2 - 3998-4495-2395 (Rose):
    Black 2 - 2881-8825-5463 (JT):

Quote Originally Posted by shadowj0 View Post
    BECAUSE SINGLE TYPE POKEMON CAN'T LEARN OTHER TYPE ATTACKS YES YOUR THEORIES ARE SO DAMN CORRECT

This is not the first time, nor the last, that someone already speculates what types of attacks those are. Your psychic move on Fennekin may just be Growl, have you thought that?

Aaaaaargggghhhh!
    There's no way that is Growl. It looks nothing like a growl, and Kirlia clearly flinched.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

If Fennekin is Psychic I hope it can join the group of few Physical Psychics. Maybe add like five new Physical Moves above the highest one (Zen headbutt at 80), Only three exist (Zen Headbutt, Heart Stamp, Psychoc Cut) All of which aren't really widespread and suck. And their are an astounding 15.

which is:

5 special moves to each

Definitely will be picking Fennekin. Love the design and the fact its based off a fox makes it a future top 10 personal fave pokemon contender.

Chespin looks alright. I find it odd for my tastes but I definitely prefer it over many previous generation starter pokemon.

I actually don't really like Froakie much at all. I can only think of one starter I liked less than it so far on first glance (Which was back in the 3rd Gen, Mudkip).

But things can change. Last generation for example I had a much higher opinion of Snivy until after I tried it out.
    *signature coming soon...*

Kor'vodisth - Flame Of Courage

Fave Starters: Charmander, Cyndaquil, Treecko, Chimchar and Oshawott
    Fave Pokemon: Ninetales
    Fave X/Y Starter: Fennekin

Known as Crimson Arcanine on Pokecommunity Forum
    Known as SoulflameNinetales on the Pokemasters forum

Guys, i had a real scare earlier. Originally when i saw Ninfia, i thought Gamefreak had trolled us like nothing ordinary and evolved it into a eevee/victini crossover, but i am revealed to see different.
    I have a question, do you think the final starters will be quadruped or bipedal?
    I think that Fennekin will be quadruped as its a fox and don't expect it to biologically transform. As for chespin and froakie, anything can happen. =D
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    Guys, i had a real scare earlier. Originally when i saw Ninfia, i thought Gamefreak had trolled us like nothing ordinary and evolved it into a eevee/victini crossover, but i am revealed to see different.
    I have a question, do you think the final starters will be quadruped or bipedal?
    I think that Fennekin will be quadruped as its a fox and don't expect it to biologically transform. As for chespin and froakie, anything can happen. =D
    I believ Fennekin will stay bipedal... But then there's Tepig,

Froakie I think would look sexy bipedal

Dude, don't tell me what me what moves they learn. I don't care what elements the gyms are, who cares about another (potential) Fire/Fight or Water/Ground. I'm taking Chespin. Look at him, HE'S WEARING A HAT!

Does anyone know if the apparent new eeveelution ninfia is real?

Never mind I think by reading I answered my own question

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    I was thinking the exact same same thing when I quickly looked over to Ninfia. It had a Victini-like face, and immediately I thought it was a new Victini Forme. (Quadru-tini could've been nice, like Skymin.)
    I'm really hoping that Fennekin will stay a quadruped, there's no need to make it bipedal and give it Fighting gloves ('cause that consistency is just ruining the Fire-starter line, not to mention it's getting old.) As for the other two, I think they'll switch. They can go either bipedal or quadruped depending on the situation.
    Omega Ruby Team

Team Pose by Astral Shadow.
    DA Account here

Proud owner of my childhood partner, Feraligatr ♡

Fennikin should stay quadruped I don't see HOW they could design it bipedal Tepig I could see how they could just take porky pig and add red to him but fennikin no way they could see him walking bipedal but who knows maybe it could turn out very well bipedal IF they do it right but yes I agree quadruped would be a nice change.

On the front page of corocoro I can see Chespin, Xerneas and Yvelta..Are they there just to rapresent the new generation or we can expect some news about the legends and the starters? I mean They were all revealed a month ago but corocoro actually didn't reveal the starters yet..What do you think?

I'm 100% going for Chespin, when i look at the 3 of them I just think Fennekin looks like a snob,Froakie looks cool but nothing special BUT CHESPIN?!?! now that's a pokemon I wanna party with lol I mean look at that face it's like he knows just how damn cool he is. ok rant over haha ^_^
    Last edited by Ganix; 12th February 2013 at 12:35 PM.
    <-(Insert Sylveon)

Zoroark is a fox as well, but it's bipedal. Zorua was a quadrupled, just like Fennekin. Still, I don't know why, but I can't imagine Fennekin evolving into something bipedal.

As for Froakie, if it does evolve into a Fighting type, it most probably will be bipedal.
    Chespin? I have no idea really. It's like a squirrel, so what would it evolve into? A giant rat? Something like Typhlosion, which can stand in two legs but runs in four?

I got a shock when I first saw Ninf..whatever... I thought... "What in the world is this thing?" Then I saw that it was an Eeveelution, and then I went crazy.

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

To be honest...I don't like Froakie that much so I think I will choose Fennekin in X and Chespin in Y if this time we get a third version then Froakie will be my choice!!

Has for their final evolution type for Froakie Water/Ice or Water/ Ground...Fennekin Fire/ Psychic or Fire/ Fighting NO!! Chespin Grass/ Ground or Grass / Rock!!

Every gen, I seem to only like one of the starters. This time, it's Fennekin. Perhaps it's because I like foxes, perhaps it's because I don't like frogs or evil squirrel things...

I will stick around to see what the final evo's are, seeing as how that's the one I'm going to be ending up with. But I can't see me liking either of the others so much. I don't hate them, they just do nothing for me, aesthetically.

All I know if that if they bring out a part 2, or a third to these games, it's gonna be really hard to choose a different one.

Black 2 FC:
    2452 4122 3003

Page 316 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast