View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 321 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,025 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    I'm more thinking about those movesets...

For Chespin :
        Spoiler:

For Fennekin :
        Spoiler:

For Froakie :
        Spoiler:
    I would love the moveset you have created. But, I would wish new Physical based Psychic move for Fennekin. For Chespin, thumbs up.
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    I would love the moveset you have created. But, I would wish new Physical based Psychic move for Fennekin. For Chespin, thumbs up.
    If Fokko's a special attacker, then that might kind of suck for it. :/

For Chespin :
        Spoiler:

For Fennekin :
        Spoiler:

For Froakie :
        Spoiler:
    I feel like confustion and psybeam should be switched. IIRC, Confusion has base power 50 and Psybeam has base power 65.

Anyway, I absolutely love Chespin's Grass/Dark moveset!!
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

I think we're all going to be completely wrong about everything... GF is the ultimate troll
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

My level 100s:

Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    I think we're all going to be completely wrong about everything... GF is the ultimate troll
    This always happens.We speculate too much and when we finally get to see the evos we're like "Whaaaa?I hate them!" then... "I love them!They're awesome."

Complete conjecture, but this is my award-winning (and eclectic) theory on the types of the starters (and their symbolic representation):

Fennekin: Origin based on the Flying Fox of Shintoism. RPG Mage Fire/Psychic.

Chespin: Origin based on I honestly don't know. RPG Warrior. Grass/Fighting.

Froakie: Origin based on the dorobou AKA Japanese thief. RPG Thief. Water/Dark.

These are all loosely based, but there is connective tissue between these theories, regardless of the basis for their origin. Others have spawned the Japanese Flying Fox theory, as well I borrowed the dorobou theory. I spawned myself a theory of the classic RPG roles, which are easily reflected by the types Fighting/Psychic/Dark, which also reflect a rock-paper-scissors-like effect similar to Grass/Water/Fire. Going by Samurott (Japan), Emboar (China), and Serperior (West) and the connections they share in the contrasts among them, I also assume that the pattern my be upkept, and that is why I indulged in a delicious theory such as this.

The Squirtle University of Weather Research has taught me a lot.

A
    H
    H
    H...

For Chespin :
        Spoiler:

For Fennekin :
        Spoiler:

For Froakie :
        Spoiler:
    The grass/dark chespin set is SWEET and i hope he's physical, well as its just sheer preference for me. The others are good too, especially froakies, it is interesting to say the least.

And I agree we do speculate starter evos a bit too much. Because then when they are revealed, we all have built up a picture of what they SHOULD look like. Then we say 'Im na usin dat, its a enlarged jynx painted blue.' But nothing the less I really am anticipating their reveal, and will speculate.

Im unusure about froakie, will he be physical or special?
    (I know this probably will depend on secondary type, but just looking opinions)
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

I'm going too say this now,why do you guys even like Fennkien soo much,I mean really its just a fox we have lots of fox Pokemon soo why are you guys going crazy for this one

Quote Originally Posted by D Dog Master Of War View Post
    I'm going too say this now,why do you guys even like Fennkien soo much,I mean really its just a fox we have lots of fox Pokemon soo why are you guys going crazy for this one
    Fennekin Vulpix Ninetales Zoroark and Zorua are the foxes I know of. Meanwhile...

Froakie Croagunk Toxicroak Politag Poliwhirl Politoad, and theres bound to be others I didn't say.

Your point being? People just like the way it looks, I assume. Theres only 5 fox pokemon (Atleast, that I know of, and counting just fennekin by itself.)
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And Sakurai's freedom has ended. Time for him to come back and be our slave to release extremely vague snapshots every five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    "Stare into my eyes and be hypnotized by my cuteness!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheRibbonedCubchoo View Post
    Fennekin Vulpix Ninetales Zoroark and Zorua are the foxes I know of. Meanwhile...

Froakie Croagunk Toxicroak Politag Poliwhirl Politoad, and theres bound to be others I didn't say.

Your point being? People just like the way it looks, I assume. Theres only 5 fox pokemon (Atleast, that I know of, and counting just fennekin by itself.)
    I know but Chespin looks original

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    I feel like confustion and psybeam should be switched. IIRC, Confusion has base power 50 and Psybeam has base power 65.

Anyway, I absolutely love Chespin's Grass/Dark moveset!!
    I've edited ! And as other requests.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

I think that your movesets are appreciate darlin'
    I love them too, the Fire/Psychic one of Fennekin is nice, must admit.

You make me think about a Fire/Flying moveset, but my head is spinning when I start thinking about all the moves those starter could have...
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

We haz a lot of birds too lol.

And all the fox Pokemon are based off of different origins.

That's the reason why I like it. Take a look at my name, then put two and two together.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    That's the reason why I like it. Take a look at my name, then put two and two together.
    Because it looks like the birthchild of a demon and a kitten?

I just already kbow the most promoted one is chespin. It is obviously the oshawott of gen 6

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I just already kbow the most promoted one is chespin. It is obviously the oshawott of gen 6
    You guys have to stop saying this. Maybe Chespin will be the most marketable, but that doesn't mean Chespin's like Oshawott. First, they only have in common the round face and their cute face. That's all. Chespin isn't Oshawott, while Oshawott isn't Chespin.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Because it looks like the birthchild of a demon and a kitten?

Except the fact that it's not related to Oshawott in any circumstance. Chespin has different everything except for the bipedal stand and round faces. Hell Chespin could run quadruped for all we know.

You guys have to stop saying this. Maybe Chespin will be the most marketable, but that doesn't mean Chespin's like Oshawott. First, they only have in common the round face and their cute face. That's all. Chespin isn't Oshawott, while Oshawott isn't Chespin.
    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Except the fact that it's not related to Oshawott in any circumstance. Chespin has different everything except for the bipedal stand and round faces. Hell Chespin could run quadruped for all we know.
    I'm using common sense here. It has a human shaped body with a round head and hot dog like torso. That alone makes it easier to hug and play with than the other 2 where fennekin has 4 legs and froakie's porportions nit being as hug friendly.

DUNSPARCE!

Seriously as long as Fennekin isnt a fire fighting then that is what I am starting with.

I'm using common sense here. It has a human shaped body with a round head and hot dog like torso. That alone makes it easier to hug and play with than the other 2 where fennekin has 4 legs and froakie's porportions nit being as hug friendly.
    I'll hug for you Fennekin and Froakie anytime.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

This was probably said a long time ago, but I was playing Pokemon Black 2 and one of my team members used Aerial Ace.
    It looks strikingly similar to the move Chespin used in the trailer.
    *Readies flame shield.*

What if Chespin has a feature where spikes are pointed around its body and it's been under our noses? I can't see that being huggable.

I'll hug for you Fennekin and Froakie anytime.
    You nay think those 2 are more huggable. Heck maybe most people on the internet think Fennekin is the cutest. But the little kids are used to buying plushies with basic shapes like chespin and will go for what is familiar. Nintendo knows this and will make chespin the most overmarketed.Just like oshawott.

You nay think those 2 are more huggable. Heck maybe most people on the internet think Fennekin is the cutest. But the little kids are used to buying plushies with basic shapes like chespin and will go for what is familiar. Nintendo knows this and will make chespin the most overmarketed.Just like oshawott.
    That's correct, but it doesn't mean Chespin is like Oshawott in the other ways. Maybe Chespin will be the most marketable, just like Piplup, Oshawott. It's normal. There is always a starter that we would prefer to have as a plushy than another. But that doesn't mean that Chespin is the Oshawott of the Generation VI.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Here is a twist!

What

if

the starters

are marketed

equally?

Page 321 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421 ... LastLast