View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 322 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372422 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,050 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #8026
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Here is a twist!

    What

    if

    the starters

    are marketed

    equally?
    ...not gonna happen.


    at least in the litteral sense.

    But general equality would be awesome :P XD

  2. #8027
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mariana's Web (THIS EXISTS)
    Posts
    7,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    ...not gonna happen.


    at least in the litteral sense.

    But general equality would be awesome :P XD
    And how do you know the future exactly?

    Credit to FairyWitch for the userbar. Come and play Create-A-Trainer Face-Off by clicking the userbar!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    BW actually stands for Butthurt Whiners

  3. #8028
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    298

    Default

    I can't see Froakie plushies being as attractive as Chespin plushies, to be honest.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | IGN: Jason
    Singapore | GMT +8

  4. #8029
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    And how do you know the future exactly?
    Cause economics/free market, popularity, and general human tendencies. Thats why I can say for sure that they won't be promoted equally.

    But like I said earlier, I'm using the literal definition of equal. Meaning exactly the same. ._. Thats literally impossible, especially with human tendencies to lean towards the one more wanted.

    Thats why I said "general" equality. :P
    They all get a good form of promotion, in their own way, even if its not totally equal. As close as we can get to equal.

    Honestly, I was just being technical :P

  5. #8030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    I can't see Froakie plushies being as attractive as Chespin plushies, to be honest.
    Obviously, that's why they mentioned chespin.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  6. #8031
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Isola
    Posts
    11,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    What if Chespin has a feature where spikes are pointed around its body and it's been under our noses? I can't see that being huggable.
    Pikachu can shock the hugger with many volts of electricity, yet it is still being made in droves of plushies,

    Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    That's correct, but it doesn't mean Chespin is like Oshawott in the other ways. Maybe Chespin will be the most marketable, just like Piplup, Oshawott. It's normal. There is always a starter that we would prefer to have as a plushy than another. But that doesn't mean that Chespin is the Oshawott of the Generation VI.
    The Oshawott of a generation means the starter the majority accepts as cutest and the makers deem most marektable.

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Here is a twist!

    What

    if

    the starters

    are marketed

    equally?
    Never going to happen. Read emphatic pikachu's post for details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    I can't see Froakie plushies being as attractive as Chespin plushies, to be honest.
    Exactly.

  7. #8032
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    I can't see Froakie plushies being as attractive as Chespin plushies, to be honest.
    lol random but true
    i could see fennekin being useful in a sandstorm team
    idk i guess that's just me though

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  8. #8033

    Default

    So wait...
    We're talking about plushies now?

  9. #8034
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HetaOni View Post
    So wait...
    We're talking about plushies now?
    plushies of the STARTERS :3
    but yeah i think we should move away from that topic

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  10. #8035
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HetaOni View Post
    So wait...
    We're talking about plushies now?
    PLUSHIES EVERYWHERE D8.

    What? :3 We're talking about pokemon promotion. /killed xD

  11. #8036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    lol random but true
    i could see fennekin being useful in a sandstorm team
    idk i guess that's just me though
    Only if it gets a sand ability, which would be retarded.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  12. #8037
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Only if it gets a sand ability, which would be retarded.
    well a speculation for fennekin is fire/ground
    i'm still a fan of fire/psychic but a fire/ground would be cool too

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  13. #8038
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Isola
    Posts
    11,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    PLUSHIES EVERYWHERE D8.

    What? :3 We're talking about pokemon promotion. /killed xD
    Exactly. Teh starters are the faces of the generation and are featured on the majority of toys we should discuss it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    plushies of the STARTERS :3
    but yeah i think we should move away from that topic
    Until we have concrete proof of ingame stats and moves I think talking about them IRL is a proper topic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    well a speculation for fennekin is fire/ground
    i'm still a fan of fire/psychic but a fire/ground would be cool too
    The only correct type is fire/fighting.

  14. #8039
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Exactly. Teh starters are the faces of the generation and are featured on the majority of toys we should discuss it.



    Until we have concrete proof of ingame stats and moves I think talking about them IRL is a proper topic.



    The only correct type is fire/fighting.
    while i am a fan of the fire/fighting combo i would like something new

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  15. #8040
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    le château de Dracul
    Posts
    3,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    I can't see Froakie plushies being as attractive as Chespin plushies, to be honest.
    I hate to agree on this. Also the possibility of Chespin being more popular as a plushy.
    3DS FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

    Thus spoke the raven, "Nevermore..."

  16. #8041
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    I hate to agree on this. Also the possibility of Chespin being more popular as a plushy.
    chespin is pretty adorable
    idk i never get the plushies

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  17. #8042
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Death Star
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    chespin is pretty adorable
    idk i never get the plushies
    Oh don't lie you have tons in your closet haha jk. When did you get the new avatar? Looks sick.

    What I would like chespin to have is the ability technician as a hidden ability (assuming they continue with hidden abilities) and make him a special attacker so you could teach him snarl and magical leaf or needle arm if he was a physical attacker
    Last edited by xerneas96; 15th February 2013 at 4:52 AM.
    I claim Leafeon, Hydreigon & Volcarona!

        Spoiler:

  18. #8043
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    US
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Well, fire is my favorite type. and i usually choose the fire starter, but this is mostly because of the lack of good/fun fire pokemon in a lot of generations (IMO) that i could use instead. SO, can't really make a choice till i see the rest, and hopefully there is some bad*ss fire pokemon.


    If not, prolly Fenniken.
    If so, Prolly Chespin.

  19. #8044
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    chespin is pretty adorable
    idk i never get the plushies
    i love collecting the plushies!!! the plushies always manage to get me hooked on pokemon i never really liked.
    i remember when i saw Stunfisk as a plushie, i just thought he was the cutest thing... when originally i hated him (he's creepy in-game) but as a plushie? adorable.

    anywho, i think the starters definatley will earn more popularity when the plushies come out. I wonder what froakie will be like, considering IMO he's the ugliest of the three.

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  20. #8045
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    i love collecting the plushies!!! the plushies always manage to get me hooked on pokemon i never really liked.
    i remember when i saw Stunfisk as a plushie, i just thought he was the cutest thing... when originally i hated him (he's creepy in-game) but as a plushie? adorable.

    anywho, i think the starters definatley will earn more popularity when the plushies come out. I wonder what froakie will be like, considering IMO he's the ugliest of the three.
    i agree with your final statement
    i have a feeling the plushies will not do him any justice though

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  21. #8046
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    10,491

    Default

    I've been the Fire-type Pokemon Social Group a couple of years ago until they abolished social groups, but I've got to say.. Fennekin is really still not working any magic for me.. I'm quite desperate to know whether there will be any good other options for the Fire-type. GenV was good for the Fire-type, outside of the obligatory starter, we got Volcarona, Chandelure, Darmanitan, Simisear, Heatmor, and two Fire-type legendaries. Pretty much a decent set compared to GenIV, sorry Magmorter and Heatran, you weren't enough..

    I'm dreading that Fennekin will end up as Snivy.. A decent pokemon, that I'll own, but I'll barely use..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

    "If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."


        Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:


    The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

  22. #8047
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    1,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I've been the Fire-type Pokemon Social Group a couple of years ago until they abolished social groups, but I've got to say.. Fennekin is really still not working any magic for me.. I'm quite desperate to know whether there will be any good other options for the Fire-type. GenV was good for the Fire-type, outside of the obligatory starter, we got Volcarona, Chandelure, Darmanitan, Simisear, Heatmor, and two Fire-type legendaries. Pretty much a decent set compared to GenIV, sorry Magmorter and Heatran, you weren't enough..

    I'm dreading that Fennekin will end up as Snivy.. A decent pokemon, that I'll own, but I'll barely use..
    Two fire type legendaries? I can only think off Reshiram....

    What else was their?

    Victini, right. How'd I forget?

    But you know, it's still in it's unevolved form. You may like it better once it does evolve. I mean, I hate Oshawott but I love Samurott.

  23. #8048
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Kathmandu, Nepal
    Posts
    927

    Default

    I really hope for the starters to get a second type when they evolve. And not just FIRE/ FIGHTING!!!
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

  24. #8049
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South Clock Town, Termina
    Posts
    36

    Default

    I suppose Chespin is pretty cool
    Froakie: Meh.. 2/10

    BUT OH MY ARCEUS! A feisty firetype is on the stage!

    Fennekin for my first run then il use Chespin and then froakie.
    WANT TO START SHINY HUNTING ON THE GBA, ANYONE GOT ANYHELP FOR ME PLEASE?!


    Current fanfics:

    PMD: Explorers of Space----Prologue! (On Hold)

    Coming soon:
    Henry's Adventure! A New Fanfic

  25. #8050
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hunting Jirachi for wishes
    Posts
    2,950

    Default

    I am just waiting for the evolutions to be revealed before I can judge the starters fully.
    Although I am leaning towards Fennekin right now...




    Espeon is absorbed in it’s own appearance,
    just as always!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
    Oh! I have one: what about a shipping name with a french word at the beginning since Kalos is based off of France? Like childhood or blush or whatever, but in French? Like Amourshipping or whatever.

Page 322 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •