View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 338 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast
Results 8,426 to 8,450 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Hm, I wouldn't be mad if Fire/Ground was Fokko's evolved forms type. I mean, it's a Fennec Fox and it's an interesting type combination. I'm not someone to complain about type or how much of problem it will stand against Water Pokemon.
    yeah i am not too keen on that idea either
    the only good thing that i think would come of it is it would be useful in a sandstorm and a sunny day team

BRO, lol nintendo said all the starters are all PURE!!! as in fennekin is only fire and etc. haha

Credits: Large UserBar Banner Made By Sworn Metalhead @ Daedric Design

Quote Originally Posted by Cueva27 View Post
    BRO, lol nintendo said all the starters are all PURE!!! as in fennekin is only fire and etc. haha
    We're all aware of that. We're talking about their evolved forms.

how many times do we have to clarify this with people -_-
    we are talking about their evolved forms
    we all know the basics are pure

Notsureifsrs.jpg

If you read the whole thing, Nintendo actually said that the base form of the starters are confirmed to be pure fire/grass/water typing, not the 1st or 2nd stage evolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I just wanted to see other things instead of the whole psy,dark and fighting triangle
    Any other ones that seem logical, that you guys can come up with?

Possible ones to me, design wise seem to be:
    Rock(Chespin) ice(froakie) ground(fennekin)
    Steel(Chespin) ice(froakie) ground(fennekin)
    Ground(Chespin) ice(froakie) fire(fennekin)
    Rock(Chespin) flying(froakie) fighting(fennekin)
    Grass(Chespin) ice(froakie) rock(fennekin)
    Grass(Chespin) flying(froakie) rock(fennekin)
    I posted this earlier
    And I have to say my favorite one is ground ice and steel one
    Simply because I can really see it design wise
    Chespin hat turning into armor
    Fennekin been fennec fox
    And froakie could easily go ice design by evolution.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

I'm hoping for a water/fight type evo for Froakie that has the body style like Infernape.
    (Slim, humanoid and fast)
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

I'm definitely picking Fennekin as my first Gen 6 starter, though Froakie also looks like he could be interesting. I personally wouldn't mind if his final evolution ended up looking somewhat like Zephos from Zelda: The Wind Waker:

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Hm, I wouldn't be mad if Fire/Ground was Fokko's evolved forms type. I mean, it's a Fennec Fox and it's an interesting type combination. I'm not someone to complain about type or how much of problem it will stand against Water Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    yeah i am not too keen on that idea either
    the only good thing that i think would come of it is it would be useful in a sandstorm and a sunny day team
    The person you quotes said he is NOT one to complain and doesn't mind the double weakness to water, yet you say not so keen "either". I'm guessing you misread his post though :P

I disagree that that would be the only good thing, since ground type moves are super effective against many types, so having a good one that early will be great. It also removes the weakness to Rock type moves. And even though Grass types won't be "not very effective" anymore, he will still have the advantage with Fire type moves. A really good type in my opinion, I just don't like Camerupt because of its speed stat mainly, and his design isn't great. I would love a fast Fire/Ground with good design.

I want the starters to have a weakness to each other, like Froakie's second type is bad against Chespin's second type, that way we all get neutral damage.

i dont like the idea of Fennekin being ground or rock but Fennec Foxes are desert animals sooo...it could be. if it does id rather ground over rock.
    team_magma93

Desert could also mean an Arctic Desert, thus we have our Fire/Ice type.

My god, it's Pokemon. Why does a realistic side even exist? I mean, Blastoise is a Shellfish, Psyduck is a platypus, and we have 10 year olds beating up each other's pets with magic abilities. I think that a Fennec Fox crossed with an Arctic Fox to make an evo is fine in my book. But with a Fire/Ice type, that's a x4 weakness on Chespin's part, if he stays pure Grass.

I'm hoping that:

Chespin will become a Pyshical Tank, so Grass/Steel would be nice... Yet Ferrothorn says Hi! But a Physical Grass/Dark sweeper is highly wanted... But Shiftry... I like the 2nd more.

Fennekin will become a Special Sweeper, and have Fire/Psychic. I mean come. ON! It uses a Psychic-like move, has a majestic feel to it... and desert Pokemon usually become this, ground/rock/steel, or both. Fire takes the Sunny part of the desert, yet Ground takes away two of Fenn's restitances (Ice and Grass, which are slaughtered by fire.) but loses it's weakness to Rock, which makes it fairly good. ELectric immunity's good aswell... Meh, as long as it's one of these two and a Special/Physical Sweeper, I'm honestly not giving two shizzbitz.

Froakie gets an awesome mustache. Mustaches makes everything good.

^To the above poster. Fire and Ice cancel eachother out in reality. Fire melts Ice, yet the melted ice (water) kills fire. A Pokemon like this would probably not be organic, as it'd be hard to icorparate both on a living creature.
    Last edited by MidnightFennekin; 24th February 2013 at 8:50 PM.

I think Chespin will be a physical sweeper, not a tank.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Chespin will become a Pyshical Tank, so Grass/Steel would be nice... Yet Ferrothorn says Hi! But a Physical Grass/Dark sweeper is highly wanted... But Shiftry... I like the 2nd more.
    Just because these type combos have been done before doesn't mean they can't be done again. Swampert was Water/Ground despite Quagsire existing. It is notable that, besides Fire/Fighting being repeated twice(exclusively to starters) and Swampert that it hasn't happened before. Still, I'd like to see a Grass/Steel type as its marginally better defensively than Grass/Dark which has iirc 6 weaknesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

People keep saying Grass/Steel for Chespin but how do you see that happening.
    id like to know..
    team_magma93

Quote Originally Posted by adl222 View Post
    id like to know..
    It's a hedgehog. They use their spines for defence. Chespin's spines harden into Steel armour giving it large defence and attack. Boom, Grass/Steel type. imo, either this or pure Grass seems most likely. Grass/Dark speculation is just people trying to impose the Dark/Fighting/Psychic triangle on everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by adl222 View Post
    id like to know..
    You mean Grass/Dark. There is literally nothing hinting at that but people mostly say it should be that typing. Chestnut's can be very hard which gives a nod to steel types.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    It's a hedgehog. They use their spines for defence. Chespin's spines harden into Steel armour giving it large defence and attack. Boom, Grass/Steel type. imo, either this or pure Grass seems most likely. Grass/Dark speculation is just people trying to impose the Dark/Fighting/Psychic triangle on everything.
    if its head leaves/spines become steel it wont have the growing plant motif that all grass starters have.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    You mean Grass/Dark. There is literally nothing hinting at that but people mostly say it should be that typing. Chestnut's can be very hard which gives a nod to steel types.
    no i meant grass/steel many people have said that and i dint understand where it was coming from. im one of those people that thinks it will become a grass/dark because it use a dark type move that looks like night slash in the video.
    team_magma93

Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    My god, it's Pokemon. Why does a realistic side even exist? I mean, Blastoise is a Shellfish, Psyduck is a platypus, and we have 10 year olds beating up each other's pets with magic abilities. I think that a Fennec Fox crossed with an Arctic Fox to make an evo is fine in my book. But with a Fire/Ice type, that's a x4 weakness on Chespin's part, if he stays pure Grass.
    Both types will only do x2 damage so it doesn't make a difference really :P Fire/Ice would be a cool type, although I doubt it happening looking at the design of the first type. It can, however, (and has in the past) have a surprising evolution. I would like the Ground/Fire as well. The thing I dislike about Fire/Ice is that it adds more weaknesses than super effective offense coverage.

If Froakie does have a moustache then it better have gender differences like the female without a moustache or just a really small one.

I just really think the trailer already practically revealed the secondary types of the starters.

I mean why else would they have Fennekin use a fire attack and then a psychic attack, or Chespin a grass attack and then a dark attack (come on there is really no other type that would have that black/red background with a purple attack), or Froakie using a water attack and then use a Fighting (or Flying, this is the only ambiguous one).

So even though they haven't been officially announced, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting (or Water/Flying!) are clearly being foreshadowed.

Quote Originally Posted by BroaddySN View Post
    I just really think the trailer already practically revealed the secondary types of the starters.

I mean why else would they have Fennekin use a fire attack and then a psychic attack, or Chespin a grass attack and then a dark attack (come on there is really no other type that would have that black/red background with a purple attack), or Froakie using a water attack and then use a Fighting (or Flying, this is the only ambiguous one).

So even though they haven't been officially announced, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting (or Water/Flying!) are clearly being foreshadowed.
    thank you! i agree. all 3 starters used 2 attacks one of their respective type and a secondary type it could not have been anymore obvious. i think froakie was using close combat.
    team_magma93

These are the types that I wouldn't matter to see, personnally.

Fennekin.
    Fire - This is the base. At least a pure Fire type won't bother me, but it's still not my favorite, though.
    Fire / Psychic - Definitely my favorite of all. That looks great, indeed.
    Fire / Flying - If it's not with giant wings, it would be okay. Being like Tropius (or Shaymin's Sky Form), an on earth Pokémon, but still Flying type, would be awesome!
    Fire / Ice - Looks impossible, but it's just beautiful.

Froakie.
    Water - Well, I don't want another prue Water Type, but it's a base. We have to count it.
    Water / Fighting - My favorite, it's an awesome combination, and an unexpecting evolution, too!
    Water / Ice - Not bad, but Water Types naturally can learn Ice Type move. Having a STAB on it, why not ?

Chespin.
    Grass - As the others, it's a base. But since we've got a pure one in the past generation, it would be my least favorite combination.
    Grass / Steel - This is my favorite one. Of course, I hope Chespin's evolution could be fast. That's really interesting.
    Grass / Dark - My second favorite. I would totally like it. Since it's a great match with Chespin, it would be awesome!
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 25th February 2013 at 12:02 AM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Page 338 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast