View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 339 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,475 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BroaddySN View Post
    I just really think the trailer already practically revealed the secondary types of the starters.

I mean why else would they have Fennekin use a fire attack and then a psychic attack, or Chespin a grass attack and then a dark attack (come on there is really no other type that would have that black/red background with a purple attack), or Froakie using a water attack and then use a Fighting (or Flying, this is the only ambiguous one).

So even though they haven't been officially announced, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting (or Water/Flying!) are clearly being foreshadowed.
    I don't think the trailer foreshadowed the secondary types of the starters, if they even wind up having secondary types. For Fennekin, the second attack COULD be a Psychic type move but I'm still not convinced that it is. I think it may be a stat reducing move such as growl.
    For Chespin, just because it used a move that appeared similar to a dark type attack does not mean it will be grass/dark. Many Pokémon can learn moves that are of the dark type, such as Scizor with Night Slash, but the Pokémon itself is not a dark type.
    Finally for Froakie. In the trailer Froakie appears to be using a move that hits several times. I believe this move to be fury swipes and not a flying or fighting type move.
    I have claimed Scizor, the king of Bug-Types.
    Planned ORAS Teams:

Trinity League Badges:

Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

Credit for this epic banner goes to Sworn Metalhead of Daedric Design.

Quote Originally Posted by BugPokemonMaster316 View Post
    I don't think the trailer foreshadowed the secondary types of the starters, if they even wind up having secondary types. For Fennekin, the second attack COULD be a Psychic type move but I'm still not convinced that it is. I think it may be a stat reducing move such as growl.
    For Chespin, just because it used a move that appeared similar to a dark type attack does not mean it will be grass/dark. Many Pokémon can learn moves that are of the dark type, such as Scizor with Night Slash, but the Pokémon itself is not a dark type.
    Finally for Froakie. In the trailer Froakie appears to be using a move that hits several times. I believe this move to be fury swipes and not a flying or fighting type move.
    Last time I checked, Froakie doesn't have claws. Chespin could be Grass/Dark, and which I hope. I would be VERY happy to see Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by BroaddySN View Post
    I just really think the trailer already practically revealed the secondary types of the starters.

I mean why else would they have Fennekin use a fire attack and then a psychic attack, or Chespin a grass attack and then a dark attack (come on there is really no other type that would have that black/red background with a purple attack), or Froakie using a water attack and then use a Fighting (or Flying, this is the only ambiguous one).

So even though they haven't been officially announced, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting (or Water/Flying!) are clearly being foreshadowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by adl222 View Post
    thank you! i agree. all 3 starters used 2 attacks one of their respective type and a secondary type it could not have been anymore obvious. i think froakie was using close combat.
    Chespin used a Flying type attack (Aerial Ace), just look at the animation of Aerial Ace in Gen 5 and the trailer. It is the same. That pretty much kills your theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Drohn View Post
    Chespin used a Flying type attack (Aerial Ace), just look at the animation of Aerial Ace in Gen 5 and the trailer. It is the same. That pretty much kills your theory.
    what are you talking about, in the trailer it clearly shows that the attack Chespin used was black and dark purple. Theory continuous.
    team_magma93

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    Last time I checked, Froakie doesn't have claws. Chespin could be Grass/Dark, and which I hope. I would be VERY happy to see Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting.
    Several Pokémon that learn Fury Swipes don't have claws, such as Spinarak, Ariados, and Aipom. Therefore it is possible that the move Froakie used was Fury Swipes.
    I have claimed Scizor, the king of Bug-Types.
    Planned ORAS Teams:

Trinity League Badges:

Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

Credit for this epic banner goes to Sworn Metalhead of Daedric Design.

The Kirlia Fennekin attacks is shown to be taking damage, a status affecting move wouldn't have Krilia make that motion if it was just getting growled at.

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    These are the types that I wouldn't matter to see, personnally.

Fennekin.
    Fire - This is the base. At least a pure Fire type won't bother me, but it's still not my favorite, though.
    Fire / Psychic - Definitely my favorite of all. That looks great, indeed.
    Fire / Flying - If it's not with giant wings, it would be okay. Being like Tropius (or Shaymin's Sky Form), an on earth Pokémon, but still Flying type, would be awesome!
    Fire / Ice - Looks impossible, but it's just beautiful.

Froakie.
    Water - Well, I don't want another prue Water Type, but it's a base. We have to count it.
    Water / Fighting - My favorite, it's an awesome combination, and an unexpecting evolution, too!
    Water / Ice - Not bad, but Water Types naturally can learn Ice Type move. Having a STAB on it, why not ?

Chespin.
    Grass - As the others, it's a base. But since we've got a pure one in the past generation, it would be my least favorite combination.
    Grass / Steel - This is my favorite one. Of course, I hope Chespin's evolution could be fast. That's really interesting.
    Grass / Dark - My second favorite. I would totally like it. Since it's a great match with Chespin, it would be awesome!
    You'd have to throw a ground typing there to on Chespin hey? Squirrels hide there nuts in the ground and this kinda of looks like a squirrel thing and Ches for Chesnut? I could see it being ground among dark or fighting.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Now now, I think that a Ground/Grass type isn't a good idea. Ice would tear through it. I mean, Gible is destroyed by Ice, and so would Chespin. Especially if Fennekin becomes Ice like I want...

Quote Originally Posted by BugPokemonMaster316 View Post
    Several Pokémon that learn Fury Swipes don't have claws, such as Spinarak, Ariados, and Aipom. Therefore it is possible that the move Froakie used was Fury Swipes.
    Froakie's move looks like one move. Would each, very fast, hit count as one move? I watched the trailer again, it looks like it is using it's whole body. But it is so fast, it's hard to tell.
    Last edited by DarkSword39; 25th February 2013 at 1:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    You'd have to throw a ground typing there to on Chespin hey? Squirrels hide there nuts in the ground and this kinda of looks like a squirrel thing and Ches for Chesnut? I could see it being ground among dark or fighting.
    I thought Chespin was a hedgehog/he first known mammal on earth, not a squirrel. It's not that it'd block out grass/ground as a possibility, it would just block out the squirrel part.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    Now now, I think that a Ground/Grass type isn't a good idea. Ice would tear through it. I mean, Gible is destroyed by Ice, and so would Chespin. Especially if Fennekin becomes Ice like I want...
    Just like Celebi the legendary pokemon is to bug. Or how like Swampert is to grass or even how like Charizard is to rock. Just because it has a x4weakness doesn't mean the pokemon is bad or weak and it certainly doesn't mean it won't happen.\
    Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    I thought Chespin was a hedgehog/he first known mammal on earth, not a squirrel. It's not that it'd block out grass/ground as a possibility, it would just block out the squirrel part.

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    Either would warrant a ground typing easily.
    Last edited by golduck#1; 25th February 2013 at 1:20 AM.
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

I just don't like the thought of starters to have a x4 weakness, unless it's with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    It's a hedgehog. They use their spines for defence. Chespin's spines harden into Steel armour giving it large defence and attack. Boom, Grass/Steel type. imo, either this or pure Grass seems most likely. Grass/Dark speculation is just people trying to impose the Dark/Fighting/Psychic triangle on everything.
    Well, to be completely fair, there are still a lot of possibilities they can go with. So aside from the notion of going 'pure', these are what I've noted thusfar.

- Spines harden: Grass/Steel, or Grass/Rock.
    - Spines not only harden, but also secrete poison when struck: Grass/Poison
    - Chestnuts are hidden in the ground, and hedgehog burrow: Grass/Ground
    - Move used in trailer looks like Night Slash/Aerial Ace: Grass/Dark, or Grass/Flying?

Boom.. That's six different types based on stuff that we have seen, or can deduce with some form of reasoning.

Now, think back to GenIV: Piplup.. Who honestly guessed that those short and stubby wings would develop into blades made of blue metal? I honestly doubt anybody did..

Point being that this could go a lot of ways.

As for Fennekin, I've heard a couple as well:
    - Fennec Foxes live in the desert: Fire/Ground
    - Fennec Foxes mixed with Polar Foxes: Fire/Ice
    - Fennec Foxes, mixed with Kyuubi-lore: Fire/Psychic
    - Fennec Foxes, trolled by GameFreak: Fire/Fighting

And for Froakie:
    - White hand 'gloves' turn into boxinggloves: Water/Fighting
    - Frogs may be poisonous: Water/Poison
    - Frogs can jump high: Water/Flying
    - Frogs can be amphibious: Water/Ground
    - Looks as if it has a cloud on its back, could evolve into thundercloud: Water/Electric

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    You mean Grass/Dark. There is literally nothing hinting at that but people mostly say it should be that typing. Chestnut's can be very hard which gives a nod to steel types.
    Or Rock-types.. Just saying..

This is what I wanted to add to that post as well...
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I do agree. We had Torterra, which wasn't torn apart by Ice Moves. Well, we just had the THIRD Fire/Fighting.
    Chespin shouldn't be Grass/Ground, but if Torterra didn't exist, it's a possibility.

Froakie's move looks like one move. Would each, very fast, hit count as one move? I watched the trailer again, it looks like it is using it's whole body. But it is so fast, it's hard to tell.
    If you look at attack animations of certain multi-strike moves such as Fury Swipes, you can see the scratch animation appear twice per turn.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

It seems to be Acrobatics, I wouldn't claim that as a hint at Froakie's evolutions typing since Frogs can be quite acrobatic.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    If you look at attack animations of certain multi-strike moves such as Fury Swipes, you can see the scratch animation appear twice per turn.

That could mean there using both hands/claws/whatever there using.

That's absurd to think that they won't reuse types for starters. I mean, seriously? -_-

I just don't like the thought of starters to have a x4 weakness, unless it's with each other.
    You rarely see any ice type Pokemon in games anyways. You'll get three different ice type pokemon or so (evo's not included) so it really shouldn't matter. If it were Ground/Rock (impossible I know) then I would be worried but ice types shouldn't be your worry. If you are worrried about types you gain advantages to fire and electric and Posion which people should prefer than a rare four times weakness ingame!
    Last edited by golduck#1; 25th February 2013 at 1:43 AM.
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

I love Ice types, they're just so rare I don't have any. That's why I'm so concerned about Ice types.

That's absurd to think that they won't reuse types for starters. I mean, seriously? -_-
    They could use Pure-Types more than once, which they've done already.
    Grass/Ground is a good typing, they could use it again. Not with Fire/Fighting.

What has been overused with Water? Nothing. Grass? If they make Chespin Ground, then I guess it'll be overused.

Especially considering all the fire/fightings and the three pure grass ones. :\

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

What has been overused with Water? Nothing. Grass? If they make Chespin Ground, then I guess it'll be overused.
    Twice means it's overused? You have to be somewhat realistic considering most Pokemon are pretty much animals, so you have to take into an account it's a hedgehog or something around those lines. Considering it's characteristics you can't just give it a ridiculous typing like Grass/Electric (even though Pikachu is a mouse you can see signs that give it characteristics of being electric). So ground seems like a typing that would make sense. They can do so much with Chespin and make him nothing like Torterra but still give him the ground typing so it's not like it would be the same.
    Last edited by golduck#1; 25th February 2013 at 1:57 AM.
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

You rarely see any ice type Pokemon in games anyways. You'll get three different ice type pokemon or so (evo's not included) so it really shouldn't matter. If it were Ground/Rock (impossible I know) then I would be worried but ice types shouldn't be your worry. If you are worrried about types you gain advantages to fire and electric and Posion which people should prefer than a rare four times weakness ingame!
    Who cares about ingame? If it's got a 4x weakness, it better be special to be viable competitively..

Water pure.. 3 times.. Blastoise, Feraligatr, Samurott. As well as Water/Ground in regular cases: Quagsire, Swampert, Whiscash, Gastrodon, Seismitoad... And then there's the Water/Rock-fossils, but I guess they don't really count.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Page 339 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439 ... LastLast