View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 347 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397447 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,675 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    It can go either way. Right now, the only things we can infer are a pure Fire type, a totally-not-Ninetales Fire/Psychic type or a Fire/Ground type.
    i would much rather have him be fire/psychic and to answer the guys question above me, in the trailer fennekin uses a psychic move that is why he is being speculated as part psychic
    which IMO would be awesome
    still not too crazy on a fire/ground starter well at least not fennekin
    also never heard of a ground type learning psychic moves...

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

But unless Froakie was Water/Electric, that would give Froakie a huge advantage over Fennekin...Fire/Ground is 4x weak to Water, and I don't think they would really give such a huge advantage to him as the starters are usually supposed to be balanced in some way O-o
    Current Black 2 Team

The final team member wanders yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Elementer View Post
    But unless Froakie was Water/Electric, that would give Froakie a huge advantage over Fennekin...Fire/Ground is 4x weak to Water, and I don't think they would really give such a huge advantage to him as the starters are usually supposed to be balanced in some way O-o
    yeah also i do not see froakie being water/electric
    that thing is not a cloud it is foam that frogs excrete when they lay eggs

Ask me stupid stuff

Swampert has a x4 weakness to grass. it doesnt have to be balanced. but i also doubt it would be water/electric it makes no sense to me.
    team_magma93

That didn't stop them from making Swampert x4 weak to Grass since it's Water/Ground. Just because one starter get's that x4 weakness against another starter doesn't mean they won't do it. Adding on that second type there's always a chance of getting a x4 weakness towards another starter. If they try to make them balanced then they would most likely give that starter a move to counter that weakness as simple as that.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    That didn't stop them from making Swampert x4 weak to Grass since it's Water/Ground. Just because one starter get's that x4 weakness against another starter doesn't mean they won't do it. Adding on that second type there's always a chance of getting a x4 weakness towards another starter. If they try to make them balanced then they would most likely give that starter a move to counter that weakness as simple as that.
    yes but he had only one weakness

Ask me stupid stuff

I've always said that Swampert is an underrated pokemon :-3 he's got the stats and resistances to handle a lot and can hit hard as! Get him some speed boost and he's an awesome pokemon ^^

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    What were they? I think I missed them.
    Look for rumors here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...E-SCANS-Thread
    Mr. XY's are Rumor Batch 4 and 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcubxox View Post
    I've always said that Swampert is an underrated pokemon :-3 he's got the stats and resistances to handle a lot and can hit hard as! Get him some speed boost and he's an awesome pokemon ^^
    He's badass, and was a very common OU in the 4th Gen. He doesn't need speed, he needs Recover!
    Last edited by Bueno~; 2nd March 2013 at 5:07 AM.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5343-9287-8926

Spoiler:- Seeking:

Spoiler:- Offering:

Quote Originally Posted by Bueno~ View Post
    Look for rumors here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...E-SCANS-Thread
    Mr. XY's are Rumor Batch 4 and 5.
    Thanks. .
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Every generation something like this happens and in the end its total bull. Take it with a grain of salt.
    team_magma93

Quote Originally Posted by adl222 View Post
    Every generation something like this happens and in the end its total bull. Take it with a grain of salt.
    Take ALL rumors with a Grain of Salt..this is no different

I hope that we get the 2nd Evoes soon! It'd give us more hints to the final evo's typing, or the actual type(s)!

Anwayu, hoping for a Fire/Psychic or Fire/Electric Fennekin. It's pretty graceful like a Psychic mon, but the cream/yellow colour is common on the Electric type.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    yes but he had only one weakness

Charizard and Torterra have more than one weakness and also have a 4x weakness. Fennekin can be the same.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Lets look at some possibilities:

Chespin.

A Grass/Dark Hedgehog is possible, as Hedgehogs are nocturnal, and fills a 2nd triangle idea. Also we've had complete look changes before. Such as Derp Otter>BIGMOTHERF*CKING Sea Lion.
    Grass/Fighting is possible, but most say just because of it's tail colour. It also fills the 2nd triangle Idea, but would force a Fire/Dark Fennekin, which would be WAY too simialar too Houndoom.
    Grass/Psychic is a horrible typing, and it seems like it absolutley can't be due to appearance.
    Grass/Flying.... The hat could be a Parachute.... But It'd steal some spotlight from the supposed Flying Type Sylveon.
    Grass/Steel...... A thorny Grass/Steel type. Never heard of that before.... It should have an ability called 'Iron Thorns' that damage foes who use contact moves.... Oh wait.... But it'd still be cool if it's a FAST Ferrothorn.
    Grass-Wasted Opportunity.

Fennekin <3

Fire/Psychic-COME ON GF, IT USES A PSYCHIC-LIKE MOVE, IS AS GRACEFUL AS HELL AND ALL PREVIOUS FOXES (Abra line, Vulpix Line, Zorua Line, Reshiram (A bit....).) HAD MOVES/CONNECTIONS OF THIS TYPE, WITHOUT BEING FIRE/PSYCHIC!!! Also my personal fave <3
    Fire/Fighting-NONONONONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is worse than the Luvdisc-Alomomola situation! A waste of Pokemon!
    Fire/Dark-Meh, Houndoom exists, and does well.
    Fire/Flying-Since the 3 in a row Fire/Fight situations, I've not been into repeating starter types.
    Fire/Electric-My second Fave, and a decent typing. I've always wanted a Fire/Electric Wolf, but Fennekin will always do!!!
    Fire/Ghost-My 3rd fave, and Graceful is usually a Ghost trait aswell....
    Fire-There's only been one pure Fire Starter final evo in existence: Typhlosion, a Rodent Charizard. Without the wings or cool design
    Fire/Ground or Fire/Rock-Pretty much the same, slow desert types with a double weakness to Water. Fennekin looks fast!!!!
    Damn, GF has so many choices for this one.... Please be Fire and Psychic/Electric/Ghost!!! And it'd probably be a speedy type, as all Fire Type Starters had Speed in a way: Charizard/Ty/Infernape=Highest speed of all that gen's starters, Blazikien=Speed Boost (DW) and Emboar=Flame Charge. PLEASE GF, PLEASE!!!!

Froaks....

Water/Fighting-Close COmbat frog? Yes please! Kind of like Poliwrath done right, a Giant Frog (instead of a giant Tadpole!) or a Thin Frog, DOesn't matter. It should be tied/slightly ahead of Fennekin's final evo on the speed department. Actually, I see all this gen's starters becoming speed monsters!!!! Plus I want a Froggy Close Combat!
    Water/Psychic-Froaks does look wise... But.... I can't put my finger on it, I just don't see it becoming a Psychic type...
    Water/Dark-It does look like a robber, but I believe that Chespin would appreciate this type more, to explain an awesome as hell final evo, I mean Fennekin and Froaks could pull of a good evo design-wise with any typing, in my opinion.
    Water/Electric-Would be Awesome looking, and would be a Rain Dance abuser from hell!!! It could be fast. Imagine it w/ Swift Swim. NOOO!!!!!!!!!
    Water-Meh, it could pull iot of, but I'd prefer a dual type, as they are more exciting, and we've just had the Crappy typed Serperior and Samurott. (Should;ve been Grass/Posion or Grass/Dragon and Water/Dark or Water/Fighting! GRRRR!!!!!!!!)
    EditL Water/Flying-It has a cloud around it, looks fast.... Meh, My second fave for Froaks after part Fighting...

It's Froakie, not Froaks! Froaks sounds awesome, though. :3

I just want the evolutions to have secondary Types. I'm tired of Pure ones. :/
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    It's Froakie, not Froaks! Froaks sounds awesome, though. :3

I just want the evolutions to have secondary Types. I'm tired of Pure ones. :/
    Yeah, It's kinda been my personal nickname the whole time . But I agree, Pure types are too bland for these starters.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Yeah, It's kinda been my personal nickname the whole time . But I agree, Pure types are too bland for these starters.
    Oh, good, I thought you hated him so much you didn't care to spell it right. XD My bad.

And yes, they are kinda bland at this point. I wouldn't mind Fennekin being pure, though, because of all the Fighting... then again, it would be another Pure Fire fox, just like Ninepix. D:

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Oh, good, I thought you hated him so much you didn't care to spell it right. XD My bad.

And yes, they are kinda bland at this point. I wouldn't mind Fennekin being pure, though, because of all the Fighting... then again, it would be another Pure Fire fox, just like Ninepix. D:
    I like Fenn more, but I don't Hate Ches or Froaks

But I'd like anything but Fire and Rock/Flying/Fighting or just pure, as they are too simialer to another 'mon, share it with another starter, or it doesn't suit it.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    I like Fenn more, but I don't Hate Ches or Froaks

But I'd like anything but Fire and Rock/Flying/Fighting or just pure, as they are too simialer to another 'mon, share it with another starter, or it doesn't suit it.
    I prefer Chespin and Froakie over Fennekin, but I'll wait til' I've seen the evolutions before I ultimately decides. :3

And yes, I agree on that. Something new would be neat, like the popular Fire/Psychic~

I find it funny when soo many people are saying that by the looks they have a fav over the other two. As for me I like all 3 equally anyway on topic I think that another fire flying type would be cool either that or psychic. As for froakie a water fighting be pretty bad*ss lookin while a dark would also make some sense and as for chespin a dark or steel type (really would like to see a steel combo for the starters!)

~Generation 6 be hating on dragons~

I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokémon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

Game Freak, just make Fennekin Fire/Psychic and I shall be happy. Make Chespin and Froakie whatever others want, but make Fennekin Fire/Psychic.

Quote Originally Posted by zentapro01 View Post
    Again?! Don't these guys ever stop?
    Last edited by RzK; 2nd March 2013 at 12:10 PM.

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

In MY own opinion
    I'd actually like to see fennekin go fighting, the design could be really good, it wouldnt step on the toes of ninetails and if it goes psychic It will be so over used, I really don't see the big fuse over fennekin. Or else I'd like to see it stay fire.
    Chespin I think will be a tank, with great defence I mean its a hedgie....
    Froakie, my favorite his design can go soooo many different ways
    I'm hoping he doesn't go too humanoid I'd like his to say the amphibian that he is, and I don't want gf to go overboard with His foam

Froakie:
    Things I thought could influence his type:
    Brejamin Franklin - electric
    Cloud - flying
    Trailer move - fighting
    Smart look - psychic
    Thief look - dark
    Last edited by adamfitz; 2nd March 2013 at 12:43 PM.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    In MY own opinion
    I'd actually like to see fennekin go fighting, if it goes psychic It will be so over used, I really don't see the big fuse over fennekin. Or else I'd like to see it stay fire.
    Chespin I think will be a tank, with great defence I mean its a hedgie....
    Froakie, my favorite his design can go soooo many different ways
    I'm hoping he doesn't go too humanoid I'd like his to say the amphibian that he is, and I don't want gf to go overboard with His foam
    You'd like Fennekin to be Fire/Fighting only because it's too popular?That's a crap reason.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    You'd like Fennekin to be Fire/Fighting only because it's too popular?That's a crap reason.
    I forgot too add in that:
    I would like the design
    I actually like the tradition
    If done right it could redeem the fire fighting typing
    It won't resemble ninetails too much
    And yeah because its popular I'd like to see the reactions hehehe

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I forgot too add in that:
    I would like the design
    I actually like the tradition
    If done right it could redeem the fire fighting typing
    It won't resemble ninetails too much
    And yeah because its popular I'd like to see the reactions hehehe
    People would be disapointed.Out of 16 types,why would they have to settle for Fighting?

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Page 347 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397447 ... LastLast