View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 354 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast
Results 8,826 to 8,850 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Majority =/= everyone.

This is Pokemon, of course some stuff in it is going to be childish but that doesn't mean it sucks personally. It's after all all a game aimed for young audiences with an adult fanbase alongside.
    the majority of the fan base is sub adults and adults
    and it is too childish if i was a kid i would have laughed at it and completely disregarded it

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

First time poster here.

I myself am partial to what the 4chan "leaker" tried to point out. I think it is pretty much certain that the Fennekin evo is going to be Fire/Psychic. I like the idea of the Froakie evo being Water/Electric (because of the cloud speculation) and Chespin being Grass/Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by CruelOstrich View Post
    First time poster here.

I myself am partial to what the 4chan "leaker" tried to point out. I think it is pretty much certain that the Fennekin evo is going to be Fire/Psychic. I like the idea of the Froakie evo being Water/Electric (because of the cloud speculation) and Chespin being Grass/Steel.
    not too crazy about froakie being electric
    i hope he is fighting
    and for chespin steel would be cool but i'd prefer dark
    i'm goin for the perfect circle thing here
    Fennekin: Fire/Psychic
    Chespin: Grass/Dark
    Froakie: Water/Fighting

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Nickname

If it bothers you.

Simple as that.

Seriously, if you don't like the name of a Pokemon, rename it to your liking.
    Calm down bro, seriously. Bubbaboom IS a dumb name compared to the likes of Blastoise, Feraligatr and Empoleon that are meant to sound cool.
    It'll probably sound much cooler with the big-fat-horned-clouded toad of that rumor.
    I don't really care for "bad" names though, they don't bother me, I was just making fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    the majority of the fan base is sub adults and adults
    and it is too childish if i was a kid i would have laughed at it and completely disregarded it
    Their target market is ~10 years old kids. It IS very childish.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5343-9287-8926

Spoiler:- Seeking:

Spoiler:- Offering:

Quote Originally Posted by Bueno~ View Post
    Calm down bro, seriously. Bubbaboom IS a dumb name compared to the likes of Blastoise, Feraligatr and Empoleon that are meant to sound cool.
    It'll probably sound much cooler with the big-fat-horned-clouded toad of that rumor.
    I don't really care for "bad" names though, they don't bother me, I was just making fun of it.

Their target market is ~10 years old kids. It IS very childish.
    yes that is the target audience i understand
    i'm just saying most of the fan base is composed of sub adults and adults

and i really hate bubbaboom
    it's worse than garbador

Ask me stupid stuff

First thing that comes in my mind when I heard the name Bubbaboom:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/xe3osk.jpg[/IMG]

DDDD:

IMO the list is fake, the types are too weird for a generation. There's too many Ghost and Dragon pokémon.
    White 2:

not too crazy about froakie being electric
    i hope he is fighting
    and for chespin steel would be cool but i'd prefer dark
    i'm goin for the perfect circle thing here
    Fennekin: Fire/Psychic
    Chespin: Grass/Dark
    Froakie: Water/Fighting
    Psychic, Dark, and Fighting wouldn't be too far out of the way either. I remember a little while ago (either the 5th or 6th generation) that there were rumors that the starters would be those types.

Psychic, Dark, and Fighting wouldn't be too far out of the way either. I remember a little while ago (either the 5th or 6th generation) that there were rumors that the starters would be those types.
    it must have been for gen 6 because i don't recall those rumors for last gen...
    and i am seriously hoping they end up being those types
    i would be so happy

Ask me stupid stuff

i hope they reveal their evolutions and their evolutions types soon cause my patience and sanity(seriously if this keeps up i swear i will become as madd as sheogorath) is slowly and painfully going down the drain.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

You mean this guys: http://www.serebii.net/dpstarters.jpg ?

It was in the 4th generation. :3
    White 2:

yes that is the target audience i understand
    i'm just saying most of the fan base is composed of sub adults and adults
    It isn't, otherwise we would be the target audience.
    The games wouldn't sell as much with the majority of the fan base was sub-adults and adults, it's still huge with kids because of the cartoon, events, marketing and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pochie ~ View Post

DDDD:

IMO the list is fake, the types are too weird for a generation. There's too many Ghost and Dragon pokémon.
    AAAAWESOME loved that Froaxie *-*

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5343-9287-8926

Spoiler:- Seeking:

Spoiler:- Offering:

Houndoomed, Throhem, Sawkem I can see a whole lot of thought went into these names. Simply adding "ed" and "em" to the end of the name of an evolved pokemon is not creative at all.
    Speaking of creative names how about Garbarge, it's... freaking GENIUS, right..... right? This is just terrible, oh I know the perfect name for a pokemon let's add one letter to a word it'll be great.
    It's pre-evolution isn't much better, I mean Wastenaut seriously when I was just skimming through the names an saw this one I had to stop and think. Man it really is a waste of time reading this, I'll admit this post from Mr. XY just some of these names made me laugh.

But you guys can't take everything this Mr. XY post's to be even an ounce of truth. Anyone can say their an employee working on the project, or even their friend is leaking them information then make up something and post it on the internet.
    First of all the games aren't going to be released for at least another 8 months. How much you wanna bet these predication's Mr. XY has set up and when GF announces something completely different, Mr. XY will immediately turn around and say they changed it just to cover him/herself.
    Not to mention the amount of info he/she has posted already is far to much even for leaks. I mean how much content was said in Mr. XY's first few post's it was an overwhelming amount which some of it was going to change alot on how the games currently work. There is one slight problem I've found in two of Mr. XY's post's I believe his very first one say's that there's going to be more then 100 new Pokemon. However in his more recent post of the full pokedex there's only 99.... now I know how to count and 99 is definitely less then 100.

All in all everything and anything that Mr. XY has posted that doesn't come true, he/she will simply deny it and say that they changed it, delayed announcing it, or they scrapped it. In fact the majority of this person's rumor(s) is just the speculations that everyone on the internet is wanting. So of course lot's of people are going to want to believe these rumor's are true. There all just rumors and nothing more, the only things you should believe is what get's posted on the official websites.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by adl222 View Post
    I love it hope its real
    i doubt it
    he just seems like another crazed fan that has convinced himself that what his ideas are are fact

Ask me stupid stuff

DDDD:
    I hope this doesn't happen, I really want Froakie to remain slim.

I also doubt that list, the names are really uncreative.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    Houndoomed, Throhem, Sawkem I can see a whole lot of thought went into these names. Simply adding "ed" and "em" to the end of the name of an evolved pokemon is not creative at all.
    Speaking of creative names how about Garbarge, it's... freaking GENIUS, right..... right? This is just terrible, oh I know the perfect name for a pokemon let's add one letter to a word it'll be great.
    It's pre-evolution isn't much better, I mean Wastenaut seriously when I was just skimming through the names an saw this one I had to stop and think. Man it really is a waste of time reading this, I'll admit this post from Mr. XY just some of these names made me laugh.

But you guys can't take everything this Mr. XY post's to be even an ounce of truth. Anyone can say their an employee working on the project, or even their friend is leaking them information then make up something and post it on the internet.
    First of all the games aren't going to be released for at least another 8 months. How much you wanna bet these predication's Mr. XY has set up and when GF announces something completely different, Mr. XY will immediately turn around and say they changed it just to cover him/herself.
    Not to mention the amount of info he/she has posted already is far to much even for leaks. I mean how much content was said in Mr. XY's first few post's it was an overwhelming amount which some of it was going to change alot on how the games currently work. There is one slight problem I've found in two of Mr. XY's post's I believe his very first one say's that there's going to be more then 100 new Pokemon. However in his more recent post of the full pokedex there's only 99.... now I know how to count and 99 is definitely less then 100.

All in all everything and anything that Mr. XY has posted that doesn't come true, he/she will simply deny it and say that they changed it, delayed announcing it, or they scrapped it. In fact the majority of this person's rumor(s) is just the speculations that everyone on the internet is wanting. So of course lot's of people are going to want to believe these rumor's are true. There all just rumors and nothing more, the only things you should believe is what get's posted on the official websites.
    I agree with you and I also know that it's fake, but it's a good way to see some hypothesis and just chat in the forum since Game Freak and Nintendo are slowly starting to give us some real information, FACTS or even screen shots.

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y were announced almost 2 months ago and we only know 4 pokémon, you know? Even if Mr. XY is trolling us, at least he is keeping the flame burning, since at least we can talk about things that isn't Sylveon's type.
    White 2:

love it i hope this design becomes real.
    EDIT
    team_magma93

DDDD:
    I hope this isn't the final evolution... I think Froakie might be Water/Fighting... That wouldn't surprise me, and this does look like a water/fighting Pokemon, but so would something else.

I also doubt it because the names are ridiculously like Froakie. Never in any generation have we ever had a Pokemon who's name was just the same as it's unevolved form, but with something added to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by *~Silver*~ View Post
    I hope this isn't the final evolution... I think Froakie might be Water/Fighting... That wouldn't surprise me, and this does look like a water/fighting Pokemon, but so would something else.

I also doubt it because the names are ridiculously like Froakie. Never in any generation have we ever had a Pokemon who's name was just the same as it's unevolved form, but with something added to the end.
    we know its fake. But i think its suppose to be a sumo wrestler. Has the same body type as Hariyama and Emboar. We have to consider that this could be an option for a water/fighting even if we dont like it
    Last edited by adl222; 4th March 2013 at 5:44 AM.
    team_magma93

we know its fake. But i think its suppose to be a sumo wrestler. Has the same body type as Hariyama and Emboar. We have to consider that this could be an option for a water/fighting even if we dont like it
    It could be a sumo wrestler... That would make sense, but I think I'd rather have more flexible fighting Pokemon. We have a lot of them, but I really do like that body style better on them. I know it would work for a water/fighting Pokemon, and I know that it would be an option, maybe even a good one, I was just saying that I wouldn't be a fan of it myself. Just as I wasn't the biggest fan of Hariyama or Emboar.

Quote Originally Posted by *~Silver*~ View Post
    It could be a sumo wrestler... That would make sense, but I think I'd rather have more flexible fighting Pokemon. We have a lot of them, but I really do like that body style better on them. I know it would work for a water/fighting Pokemon, and I know that it would be an option, maybe even a good one, I was just saying that I wouldn't be a fan of it myself. Just as I wasn't the biggest fan of Hariyama or Emboar.
    i agree with you specially since water starters are always slowest and bulky. i would like to see a fast slim water/fighting. im just saying we should consider the ppssibility it could be big. And if you look at the trailer the stance Froakie takes before he attacks it looks like a sumo move before he charges....
    team_magma93

i agree with you specially since water starters are always slowest and bulky would like to see a fast slim water/fighting. im just saying we should consider the ppssibility it could be big. And if you look at the trailer the stance Froakie takes before he attacks it looks like a sumo move before he charges.
    like a faster feraligatr (just stat wise)
    and have a secondary fighting type

Ask me stupid stuff

i agree with you specially since water starters are always slowest and bulky. i would like to see a fast slim water/fighting. im just saying we should consider the ppssibility it could be big. And if you look at the trailer the stance Froakie takes before he attacks it looks like a sumo move before he charges....
    Yeah. The water Pokemon do tend to look like that. I actually didn't even realize that until you said so... xD Mudkip seemed like it would be a quick Pokemon, but it evolved into Swampert, who I really liked, but it was still a slow Pokemon. I know it's a possibility and come to think of it, if you're referring to before he charged at the Patrat, then it does look kind of like a sumo wrestling type of thing.

Swamperts sprite from R/S/E made him look like some red neck dude who you could easily imagine sitting on a sofa eating beams from the can in his underwear in my opinion... But I do love his sprite now ^^ and always liked his art work ^^

I think it's almost set in stone every gen we get a "more to love" starter though.. Venusaur, Fearaligatr, Swampert, Empoleon and Torterra sort of, Emboar... So I guess that it more than likely will be the water type who gets that part again?

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

and fennekin is a fox with no attributes of a ground type
    and cacti are also in the desert and according to your logic that means he should be ground type as well
    But it lives in the desert. A cactus can live anywhere (not to mention it's a plant, which means that it doesn't have to survive the desert. Hence why a sunflora isn't part fire for the sun) and doesn't need anything from the desert to keep it alive. A fox needs the warm temperature and specific food from desert regions. It's like your saying a turtle doesn't need to be a water Pokemon because it only lives in the water. I'm just going to reassure you that I'm not saying that it's not psychic or that the move in the trailer wasn't a psychic move but I am saying that it does make sense for it to be part ground and I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Don't just say you don't think it will be that or that it wont be that just you don't like it. Think and you will see that there is some sort of sense behind it and accept it.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

oh my god -_-
    bro you do realize this is opinion and my opinion is there is no way i can see a FROG being flying type
    well,flying frogs exist>.>

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Page 354 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast