View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 358 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368408458 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,950 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Maybe the starters were just severely over-levelled and had access to those move because they were (possibly) up around level 50. Though confusion isn't as powerful as Psychic, the last time I checked, so maybe Fennekin learns confusion at level 20-30.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    And how about Chespin's solar beam?
    What do you mean?
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    And how about Chespin's solar beam?
    it can be learned by TM
    i didn't put it in his moveset because not too many can learn it by level and i don't think he will

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Xadium View Post
    Chespin used what resembled Solar Beam in the trailer.
    yes and as i said it can be learned by TM
    i do not think he will learn it by level

Ask me stupid stuff

Fennekin is definitely going to be a Fire/Fighting. Gamefreak just wants to see how many years in a row they can do this before everybody stops buying the games. Only reason Tepig became something like Emboar. Do I really think that? Nah. But I also do not think Fennekin is going to be Psychic type. That would be kind of difficult for the anime to pull off too. Psychic was OP in GenI and the anime followed that trend and they kept Psychic types OP even now in the anime. I feel a Psychic starter would need a major downside to balance itself. It would be very balanced in-game, but they can't make it a psychic type in the game and change it in the anime.

252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdavid102 View Post
    Fennekin is definitely going to be a Fire/Fighting. Gamefreak just wants to see how many years in a row they can do this before everybody stops buying the games. Only reason Tepig became something like Emboar. Do I really think that? Nah. But I also do not think Fennekin is going to be Psychic type. That would be kind of difficult for the anime to pull off too. Psychic was OP in GenI and the anime followed that trend and they kept Psychic types OP even now in the anime. I feel a Psychic starter would need a major downside to balance itself. It would be very balanced in-game, but they can't make it a psychic type in the game and change it in the anime.
    WHY WOULD YOU SAY SUCH A THING D:
    my precious fennekin will be psychic not fighting
    shhh shhh it's all better now fennekin don't listen to that nonsense

Ask me stupid stuff

The anime has nothing to do with the games, minus Yellow version.

after "GenI" i could not understand what you were trying to say.
    team_magma93

Anyone else see Chespin as a physical attacker? I am hoping that it will be as special grass types are pretty limited.
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    Anyone else see Chespin as a physical attacker? I am hoping that it will be as special grass types are pretty limited.
    i am seriously hoping he is physical
    that's pretty much what my moveset was based off of

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i am seriously hoping he is physical
    that's pretty much what my moveset was based off of
    Yeah, I would love it to have leaf blade as a move. If it were dark nightslash would be perfect as well. Swords dance Chespin would be on my team everyday.
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Yeah, I would love it to have leaf blade as a move. If it were dark nightslash would be perfect as well. Swords dance Chespin would be on my team everyday.
    yeah he would be a beast competitively
    hopefully he is speedy mainly because there aren't many speedy grass starters and also to fit with the whole assassin theme

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    yeah he would be a beast competitively
    hopefully he is speedy mainly because there aren't many speedy grass starters and also to fit with the whole assassin theme
    Yeah a speedy Chespin would be good but if it came down to it I would rather have Froakie the speedster of the trio. It would be good for a change to have the water the main sweeper.
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Yeah a speedy Chespin would be good but if it came down to it I would rather have Froakie the speedster of the trio. It would be good for a change to have the water the main sweeper.
    you know i actually see all three of them turning out to be speedy
    i have high hopes for these starters
    they are the only ones that i have liked instantly for a long time

Ask me stupid stuff

I know what you're trying to say, but it doesn't really matter. Starters don't always evolve (especially for Ash), the psychic typing may only happen in the final stage. Plus empoleon was part steel, lots of resistances, didn't affect the anime.

I wish we had more info on the starters

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

How can you say that Fennekin ill be a Fire/fighting? We've had too much spamming of that type. Example:

Gen 1: Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard=Fire/fire/Fire&Flying (Cool)
    Gen 2: Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion=All Fire. (Good)
    Gen 3: Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken=fire/fire&Fighting/Fire&Fighting (something new)
    Gen 4: Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape=Fire/Fire&Fighting/Fire&Fighting (we had this last Gen.)
    Gen 5: Tepig/Pignite/Emboar=Fire/Fire&fighting/fire&Fighting. (aren't we getting a bit too repetitive?)

Look at the above: We've had fire&Fighting combos for the past three generations! Can you really see Fennekin becoming a Fire/Fighting fox? I, for one, cannot. I believe that Pokemon will make it something we haven't seen before in a starter Pokemon. Also was that a fighting type move Fennekin used in the trailer? No, it looked like a Psychic move.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia-Fan View Post
    How can you say that Fennekin ill be a Fire/fighting? We've had too much spamming of that type. Example:

Gen 1: Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard=Fire/fire/Fire&Flying (Cool)
    Gen 2: Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion=All Fire. (Good)
    Gen 3: Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken=fire/fire&Fighting/Fire&Fighting (something new)
    Gen 4: Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape=Fire/Fire&Fighting/Fire&Fighting (we had this last Gen.)
    Gen 5: Tepig/Pignite/Emboar=Fire/Fire&fighting/fire&Fighting. (aren't we getting a bit too repetitive?)

Look at the above: We've had fire&Fighting combos for the past three generations! Can you really see Fennekin becoming a Fire/Fighting fox? I, for one, cannot. I believe that Pokemon will make it something we haven't seen before in a starter Pokemon. Also was that a fighting type move Fennekin used in the trailer? No, it looked like a Psychic move.
    Well,none of the previous Fire type base stages looked like they'd evolve into Fighting types.But,I agree...there's too many Fire/Fighting types.We need something different to make it more exciting.I also believe that the 5th gen games and pokemon were sort of rushed...they served as filler in preparation for the 6th gen.And maybe,the developers thought that,if they changed the Fire/Fighting thing,it would've stole 6th gen's thunder,if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Well,none of the previous Fire type base stages looked like they'd evolve into Fighting types.But,I agree...there's too many Fire/Fighting types.We need something different to make it more exciting.I also believe that the 5th gen games and pokemon were sort of rushed...they served as filler in preparation for the 6th gen.And maybe,the developers thought that,if they changed the Fire/Fighting thing,it would've stole 6th gen's thunder,if you know what I mean.
    Embour was based on a character from the story journey to the west, the same story as infernape's inspiration. Just because you didn't like its typing doesn't mean game freak rushed the development, it had a detailed back story stretching back a generation which other starter, ever, has that? the game was in development for 4 years as well hardly rushed.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    Embour was based on a character from the story journey to the west, the same story as infernape's inspiration. Just because you didn't like its typing doesn't mean game freak rushed the development, it had a detailed back story stretching back a generation which other starter, ever, has that? the game was in development for 4 years as well hardly rushed.
    Really?They kinda did a crappy job on some pokemon,including Emboar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Really?They kinda did a crappy job on some pokemon,including Emboar.
    Lmao, 4 years in the making & they did a 'crappy' job haha.
    Well i for one would gladly keep paying into these crappy jobs GF are doing cause these jobs, to me, are well informed & are created from myths, stories & legends from all over the crappy world.
    Surely the issues derive from what the stories are implying then, i havn't read journey to the west, but the fact that starters are derived from stories is in itself just great, id much rather have 'crappy' real world story inspired designs from them, than things made on a whim.
    CurrentPKMN Black2 Team

This Is A Legendary

T^T Gen' 6 Please Save us from these Pesky 'legends'

I don't get what you mean by crappy? To me it always seems as if game freak put a lot of effort into the starters, I personally wouldn't mind something aside from fire/fighting just for a change, so I'm not agaisnt your main point. I just think its a bit overly critical to bash Game Freak, because you don't like their idea.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

I agree while in too am bored of the Fire Fighters, i wouldn't have a problem with any design that is justified & informed by folklore or legend.
    Never really considered pokemon outside of the legendary catagory to hold much of a real world legend or story that becomes a theme throughout gens but now that i think about it doesn't journey to the west consist of a rooster(maybeBlaziken) a monkey(Infernape) & a pig(Emboar)? Might be off, cant help but think theres a dog :S
    CurrentPKMN Black2 Team

This Is A Legendary

T^T Gen' 6 Please Save us from these Pesky 'legends'

I'm getting real sick and tired of people calling the 5th gen crap or crappy or bad or sh**...

I love the 5th gen, and I've been a fan of pokemon since before red and blue were even released in America! 5th gen for me has so many pokemon I like! No! Love! There is no pokemon I hate, there are ones I like less personally, like vaniluxe... But I quite like klink and garbador, they are just as original and believable as magnemite and muk lol

Nostalgia sometimes blinds some people to the facts!

But in all honesty, it's personal taste, I know someone whose favourite pokemon is vinillish.. Fair enough they think it's interesting and cute and cool. I love Chandelure, think its a genius design and a really clever name too! But my favourite pokemon will always be Bulbasaur, and sure some of my other favourites being like Turtwig, Pachirisu, Snivy, Dwebble, Aipom and even Cubchoo.

It's all down to personal taste guys, just cos YOU don't like something doesn't make it rubbish or crappy or rushed or a lazy effort, it's personal taste! Or have you guys never heard of a thing called "opinions"

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcubxox View Post
    I'm getting real sick and tired of people calling the 5th gen crap or crappy or bad or sh**...

I love the 5th gen, and I've been a fan of pokemon since before red and blue were even released in America! 5th gen for me has so many pokemon I like! No! Love! There is no pokemon I hate, there are ones I like less personally, like vaniluxe... But I quite like klink and garbador, they are just as original and believable as magnemite and muk lol

But in all honesty, it's personal taste, I know someone whose favourite pokemon is vinillish.. Fair enough they think it's interesting and cute and cool. I love Chandelure, think its a genius design and a really clever name too! But my favourite pokemon will always be Bulbasaur, and sure some of my other favourites being like Turtwig, Pachirisu, Snivy, Dwebble, Aipom and even Cubchoo.

It's all down to personal taste guys, just cos YOU don't like something doesn't make it rubbish or crappy or rushed or a lazy effort, it's personal taste! Or have you guys never heard of a thing called "opinions"
    Yeah amen
    I am getting tired of people calling it a filler gen

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcubxox View Post

Thanks god to save us !
    I'm really happy that someone has posted this. It shows my opinion too. It's proper to everyone. I personnally love a lot of the Pokémon that are existing actually (I have some less, like Gallade and Mawile, but still!). I'm expecting something great on this 6th generation and I hope I'm not alone.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Page 358 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368408458 ... LastLast