View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 361 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 261311351357358359360361362363364365371411461 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,025 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

what I'd like to see in the 3 starters is Froakie Water/Fighting Fenniken Fire/Psychic and Chespin Grass/Dark balance and pluss I think all of these typings would be really cool to see
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    ESPECIALLY if a rock-type equivalent to Horn Leech was made!!
    Or a flying/ghost/dark equivalent.

But the most important thing is, Chespin must be able to learn the moves

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    So it could go anyway.. We just don't know
    Sure whoever said it'll be psychic fighting and dark
    Only one may even get a dual type
    Anything could happen
    Starters arnt allways 100% equal in their last stages
    Since your meant to have a good diverse team at that point
    I really think that it's going to be Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting.
    If you watch the X&Y Trailer again, when you see each new starter battling you see them use 2 moves. Chespin uses a Grass move (Solar Beam I think), then what looks like a Dark move. Fennekin uses Flamethrower, and then what looks like Confusion (so Fire/Psychic), and Froakie uses Water Gun, and then a physical move so I think he's Water/Fighting. (Although I'm not as confident with him because the 2nd move he uses could actually only be Quick Attack, or something, but it fits with the anti-triangle thing so...)

So yeah. I was originally sold on Froakie, but if it turns out that Fennekin is part Psychic type I'm never going to be able to resist!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Trainer Arrrn View Post
    I really think that it's going to be Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting.
    If you watch the X&Y Trailer again, when you see each new starter battling you see them use 2 moves. Chespin uses a Grass move (Solar Beam I think), then what looks like a Dark move. Fennekin uses Flamethrower, and then what looks like Confusion (so Fire/Psychic), and Froakie uses Water Gun, and then a physical move so I think he's Water/Fighting. (Although I'm not as confident with him because the 2nd move he uses could actually only be Quick Attack, or something, but it fits with the anti-triangle thing so...)

So yeah. I was originally sold on Froakie, but if it turns out that Fennekin is part Psychic type I'm never going to be able to resist!!
    Im not so sure about that, I mean sure the released footage so far is all done in a way that would suggest ideas to their audience so by showing the Starters using not just their Official type move, but also another move that has been chosen to imply perhaps a 2nd typing. My issue is if this is just us reading too much into it.
    By what your saying then i Thiiink* given the B&W version2 move animation for Aerial Ace then they would imply Chespin is going to take to the skies, however i know alotta pokemon learn Aerial Ace too.
    Its a hard one to call.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CurrentPKMN Black2 Team

This Is A Legendary

T^T Gen' 6 Please Save us from these Pesky 'legends'

my only hopes are that chespin gets a really cool evo and its not grass/dark preferably a grass/steel speedy physical sweeping hedgehog would do me nicely and for fennekin not to end up fire/fighting.

Wouldn't Grass/Steel be a little 'Overrated'? I mean....another poké like Ferrothorn? I would like it, too, but the idea of having a Grass/Steel poké at the beginning of the game wouldn't make sense. They're just weak to one element, and this would make the game way to easy, and the game is already easy.

The Grass/Fight combo would make the game more balanced, if you ask me. It's not hard to defeat a Grass/Fighting poké.

But Grass/Dark? Holy Christ, no...please, no. It's not a great type (it totally depends of it's stats, since its type combination isn't good)
    While on the otherside, it would be cool to have another Grass/Dark on the game (we don't have one since Gen III, i guess), on the other hand, we gonna lose most of Chespin awesomeness, since would be crappy poke, why would i use it at the beginning of the game?

^Technically, it wouldn't be at the beginning of the game, since Chespin is pure Grass. If it's its first stage would be Grass/Steel, then it would be early, if it's its second stage, then it's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    ^Technically, it wouldn't be at the beginning of the game, since Chespin is pure Grass. If it's its first stage would be Grass/Steel, then it would be early, if it's its second stage, then it's okay.
    Third stage would be better. My starters are always evolved before I even get to the second gym.

But I definitely think that it is a fantastic idea to have Chespin eventually become a Grass/Steel type. I will be ecstatic if that's the case.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

Wouldn't Grass/Steel be a little 'Overrated'? I mean....another poké like Ferrothorn? I would like it, too, but the idea of having a Grass/Steel poké at the beginning of the game wouldn't make sense. They're just weak to one element, and this would make the game way to easy, and the game is already easy.
    As others have said, it's not at the beginning. There's a chance that it'll become Grass/Steel upon reaching its final evo which is level 30-36, which is past halfway through the game. And for the record, Grass/Steel has 2 weaknesses, Fire and Fighting and let's not forget Swampert has one weakness too.
    I do agree that a Grass/Steel mid evolution may be a bit overpowered. It'll evolve at lvl 14-18 which is still early enough to resist everything a pokemon can throw at you. Still Grass/Steel is a fantastic type and I do hope Chespin becomes one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I don't think they have ever revealed the final starter evolutions officially (was Blaziken revealed?) before the games have come out. But if they don't at least give us silhouettes this time around, I think people are going to go crazy, hahaha.

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

Blaziken was, but no one knew it had anything to do with the starters.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Grass/steel for Chespin will be really cool, I'd definitely choose it if it happens.
    That leaves the chances for Froakie being water/fighting and Fennekin being Fire/Psychic (?).
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Grass/Steel Chespin evo would be different than Ferrothorn too, I just can't see Chespin evolving into a wall like Ferrothorn, Chespin looks more like it will evolve into an agile physical sweeper.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

As long as Chespin isn't the "defensive" one (again) of the trio, I guess it's good. XD Meganium was already defensive, Serperior was already defensive...I wouldn't want two in a row. >.< I'd like Chespin to have the highest single offensive stat (ATK or SP.ATK) of the 3, just for a change. It's usually the Fire starters who have this...except for Empoleon of course...but I'd like to see it on Grass this time...look:

1st Gen: Charizard (109 SP.ATK)
    2nd Gen: Typhlosion (109 SP.ATK)
    3rd Gen: Blaziken (120 ATK)
    4th Gen: Empoleon (111 SP.ATK)
    5th Gen: Emboar (123 ATK)

See? No Grass yet. XD

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Quote Originally Posted by *Jean Grey* View Post
    As long as Chespin isn't the "defensive" one (again) of the trio, I guess it's good. XD Meganium was already defensive, Serperior was already defensive...I wouldn't want two in a row. >.< I'd like Chespin to have the highest single offensive stat (ATK or SP.ATK) of the 3, just for a change. It's usually the Fire starters who have this...except for Empoleon of course...but I'd like to see it on Grass this time...look:

1st Gen: Charizard (109 SP.ATK)
    2nd Gen: Typhlosion (109 SP.ATK)
    3rd Gen: Blaziken (120 ATK)
    4th Gen: Empoleon (111 SP.ATK)
    5th Gen: Emboar (123 ATK)

See? No Grass yet. XD
    Well to be fair, you're ignoring Venusaur, Sceptile and Torterra which were offensive-oriented Pokemon. So it's not like Grass was always defensive. But I agree...if Chespin becomes Grass/Dark or even Grass/Steel and has great physical stats, I would gladly say sayonara to Fennekin and use Chespin.

I was meaning the one with the "best" offensive stat (main offensive stat that is) of the 3. XD Venusaur (100 SP.DEF) and Torterra (105 DEF) were also pretty defensive...Sceptile's the only real glass cannon speedster among them...but even his best offensive stat is lower than Blaziken's (120>105) and Swampert's (110>105). Plus, among the Water starters...I think Blastoise was the only real "mainly defensive" one...1 to Grass' 2 "mainly defensive" ones...and among the Fire starters...none at all. >.< I think Chespin should be ATK/SP.ATK or ATK/SPD for a change of pace, since Fire and Water already had ATK/SP.ATK starters, but never Grass. XD

I'd also want Froakie to be fast...since none of the Water starters had a Speed stat higher than 78. Gets boring that Water always has to be on the slower side. XD

I recall someone here had a breakdown of stat focuses/best stats...where was it? XD

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

is it just me or does chespin kind of remind people of nuzleaf?

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    is it just me or does chespin kind of remind people of nuzleaf?
    Not at all.
    They look really different.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

If Chespin gains a Steel type, I would think it would be a bit like Lucario where the steel is not really visible much. Maybe some metal Spines since it's based on a Hedgehog? We have had Empoleon so it is definitely a possibility. I would like the typing, unless they change him into a big and heavy wall, which would just kill his cuteness for me. If the design looks good I don't cure much about typing, although I don't hope for a Grass/Dark, considering all the type disadvantages it would have.

I used to think Chespin looked a lot more defensively oriented (because of the spikes), but now when I look closer, they look more like leaves to be honest. Still more like needles than most leaves, but I wouldn't say they were porcupine/hedgehog spikes.

I actually think Chespin is the most interesting out of the three (in terms of where the evolutions are headed), because the other two are obviously a fox and a frog (I'm aware this could change with evolution...). You don't see real-life Chespin's out there!

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Not at all.
    They look really different.
    i was thinkin more in terms of body shape
    also nuzleaf and chespin are both based off of nuts
    according to bulbapedia nuzleaf is based off of an acorn and chespin is based off of a chestnut

fennekin.jpg I like Fennekin the most is has the shape and good size for a perfect starter pokemon. I hope Fennekin is fire/psychic. It looks like it has a cool fire move and a little touch of psychic in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i was thinkin more in terms of body shape
    also nuzleaf and chespin are both based off of nuts
    according to bulbapedia nuzleaf is based off of an acorn and chespin is based off of a chestnut
    Nuzleaf's prevo is based on an Acorn, most resemblence is taken away with evoloution. But they do seem to be simialar. Both seem to be fast, and both related to Grass/Dark, one IS one, with the other being heavily speculated to evolve into one.

Also, I think that all the starters will be speedy, I mean none look like they could turn out a Snorlax.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Nuzleaf's prevo is based on an Acorn, most resemblence is taken away with evoloution. But they do seem to be simialar. Both seem to be fast, and both related to Grass/Dark, one IS one, with the other being heavily speculated to evolve into one.

Also, I think that all the starters will be speedy, I mean none look like they could turn out a Snorlax.
    well the frog has a possiblity. I mean there's a alot of pokemon that you wonder why they got 'snorlaxed'. Like Glameow to Purugly, Lilipup to his final evolution. I mean I doubt they'll repeat it but we had seimietoad being bulky. So it's possible. Though honestly I see Froakie becoming more slender.

Chespin does have Ches in the name like a chestnut... but I doubt they'll copy Nuzleaf. Not many starters copy others... if this did happen it's normally others copying the starters. And I'm going by appearence or changes. I just hope it doesn't pull a Serperior on us. Like become a giant chestnut... It'd add to the list of pokemon i feel very sorry for, Glalie, Serperior, all other pokemon that lost limbs (arms and legs mostly) when evolving.

I myself will be choosing Fennekin not persay because I think (s)he'll look better. But because I've pretty much allways choosen the fire starter in the first version of the region I get. It's really hard to really choose them from just their base forms because right now we aren't for sure of what they'll become.

3DS Friend Code: 2664 3074 5474
    360 gamer tag: Jade SpellBlade Msn/skype: JC-Kane@hotmail.com or JC-Kane.
    Pokedex and Boxdex Completion
    5th gen
    Pokedex: Complete Boxdex: Complete
    6th gen
    Kalos Dex: Complete

I think Chespin will be the bulky one and Froakie will be more slender and fast starter and Fennekin will be more the more rounded one.
    FC: 2793-1148-2460

Page 361 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 261311351357358359360361362363364365371411461 ... LastLast