View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 365 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375415465 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,125 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by E4Babosow View Post
    Wow! That totally makes sense!!
    Maybe Chespin's evo could be Grass/Rock. That way

Grass>Water>Rock>Flying>Grass BAM! They'd be neutral to each other.

Then Fennekin's evo could be just plain Fire type.
    but then there would be no perfect triangle D:
    and he better not be pure fire that's so boring and blah!

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    true
    i think it's too early to rule out shadow claw or night slash yet, but i think we can rule out aerial ace
    I don't think you can...the animations between Gen V's and Gen VI's rendition of Aerial Ace is too similar.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post

Hard to argue that this isn't Aerial Ace...

I don't think you can...the animations between Gen V's and Gen VI's rendition of Aerial Ace is too similar.
    yeah but aerial ace never glowed purple like shadow claw and night slash

Ask me stupid stuff

yeah but aerial ace never glowed purple like shadow claw and night slash
    Which is why I think it could possible be night slash.

Though, thinking about it, Chespin might be a Grass/Flying. Now that certainly would be interesting.

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Which is why I think it could possible be night slash.

Though, thinking about it, Chespin might be a Grass/Flying. Now that certainly would be interesting.
    mer i hope he isn't flying
    also many non flying people can learn aerial ace

Ask me stupid stuff

Yeah but looking over the trailer...they kept the same rendition for moves such as Wish and Aura Sphere. Therefore, it would make sense that the photos above means that it is Aerial Ace.

The purple thing is meant to be the Pokemon moving upwards and downwards simultaneously (the quotes below show what I'm talking about). It doesn't have the claw marks that Shadow Claw has, and it clearly doesn't slash sideways like Night Slash. Due to graphical limitations (I assume), they weren't able to show it in previous games. This is what I mean:

This move is based on and named after Sasaki Kojiro's "Turning Swallow Cut". However, due to multiple translations, including the English Aerial Ace, the nature of the move is widely misinterpreted. This is reinforced by some of its depictions in the Pokémon anime, which do not correspond with its in-game animations and descriptions. The misinterpretation is further reinforced by the fact that it is a Flying-type move. However, many Flying-type moves do not require the user to be capable of flight (e.g. Acrobatics, Bounce), or even leave the ground (e.g. Peck, Pluck).
    His favorite technique was both respected and feared throughout feudal Japan. It was called the "Turning Swallow Cut" or "Tsubame Gaeshi" (燕返し lit. "Swallow Reversal / Return"), and was so named because it mimicked the motion of a swallow's tail during flight as observed at Kintaibashi Bridge in Iwakuni. This cut was reputedly so quick and precise that it could strike down a bird in mid-flight. There are no direct descriptions of the technique, but it was compared to two other techniques current at the time: the Ittō-ryū's Kinshi Cho Ohken and the Ganryū Kosetsu To; respectively the two involved fierce and swift cuts downward and then immediately upwards. Hence, the "Turning Swallow Cut" has been reconstructed as a technique involving striking downward from above and then instantly striking again in an upward motion from below. The strike's second phase could be from below toward the rear and then upward at an angle, like an eagle climbing again after swooping down on its prey. Kojiro created this technique around 1605.
    In addition, judging by the Japanese context. It'd be hard to argue that it isn't Aerial Ace.

Also...Aerial Ace doesn't guarantee Flying type for Chespin's line...I mean c'mon, Tyranitar learns that move...

Yeah but looking over the trailer...they kept the same rendition for moves such as Wish and Aura Sphere. Therefore, it would make sense that the photos above means that it is Aerial Ace.

The purple thing is meant to be the Pokemon moving upwards and downwards simultaneously (the quotes below show what I'm talking about). It doesn't have the claw marks that Shadow Claw has, and it clearly doesn't slash sideways like Night Slash. Due to graphical limitations (I assume), they weren't able to show it in previous games. This is what I mean:

In addition, judging by the Japanese context. It'd be hard to argue that it isn't Aerial Ace.

Also...Aerial Ace doesn't guarantee Flying type for Chespin's line...I mean c'mon, Tyranitar learns that move...
    but he never slashes back up!
    ha thanks for that i totally forgot about that part

Ask me stupid stuff

That does make sense, and I always did think that was sort of odd it wasn't the side-ways slash if it was Night Slash. Though, what if the move Chespin used was actually a new dark-type move? That's a possibility.

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    That does make sense, and I always did think that was sort of odd it wasn't the side-ways slash if it was Night Slash. Though, what if the move Chespin used was actually a new dark-type move? That's a possibility.
    well like i said he never slashes back up

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    While I do share the sentiment, people did have the same doubts that they'd do 3 Fire/Fighting starters in a row.
    Yeah, but the fans are much more vocal about it now, so I think this time they'll listen.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    But I remain optimistic, given that people were pretty vocal about not wanting any more Fire/Fighting starters. And I'm definitely hoping that the other two get some interesting secondary types too; pure water and pure grass in Gen 5 bored me so much.
    Yeah, 5th gen really phoned it in when it came to starter types, I'm hoping for some more unique combinations this gen.

but he never slashes back up!
    ha thanks for that i totally forgot about that part
    It's very subtle (considering it was too fast for normal eyes to be seen in the trailer), but if you break it down, it does slash both ways (upwards and downwards). Indicated by the white spots showing attack spots.

Downwards

Upwards

but then there would be no perfect triangle D:
    and he better not be pure fire that's so boring and blah!
    Honestly man chances of that happening is really low. I really do think Froakie is Water/Flying. I don't see plain Fire as boring, but it would be interesting to see a secondary type as long as its not fighting.

3DS Friend Code:220852906148

Quote Originally Posted by E4Babosow View Post
    Honestly man chances of that happening is really low. I really do think Froakie is Water/Flying. I don't see plain Fire as boring, but it would be interesting to see a secondary type as long as its not fighting.
    i think fighting is more plausible for froakie honestly...
    and fennekin being part psychic is bad freakin ***

Ask me stupid stuff

*applauds*
    simply marvelous!
    the artistic genius is astounding!
    Wow! Thank you so much!

It might just be a New Dark move(that explains why it is super effective)
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    It might just be a New Dark move(that explains why it is super effective)
    we don't know if it's super effective

you people let your imaginations get the better of you.
    Last edited by Nacreous; 11th March 2013 at 10:33 AM.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Wait......Chespin being Grass/Flying? I don't think this would make sense, really. His design don't fit for someone that'll "fly" later. But i think it would be far more interesting than a Grass/Dark type. We just have Skymin with that type-combo, right? Really interesting...

Anyways, it's cool seeing how Chespin is way awesome than Turtwig and Snivy was to me. Actually, Chespin is the first Grass Starter whom I've loved since the start. None ever did that, haha!
    Last edited by Sohryu; 11th March 2013 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
    Wait......Chespin being Grass/Flying? I don't think this would make sense, really. His design don't fit for someone that'll "fly" later. But i think it would be far more interesting than a Grass/Dark type. We just have Skymin with that type-combo, right? Really interesting...

Anyways, it's cool seeing how Chespin is way awesome than Turtwig and Snivy was to me. Actually, Chespin is the first Grass Starter whom I've loved since the start. None ever did that, haha!
    It's the first mammal Grass starter,they should make it interesting.Turtwig was quite awesome.But Snivy...meh.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    It's the first mammal Grass starter,they should make it interesting.Turtwig was quite awesome.
    Turtwig was quite a boss to me, specially his last stage. But i didn't really liked him when he was annouced. Unlike Chespin, which i loved.
    I mean...i didn't liked most of Grass Starters at their first stage. Treecko is cool, Chikorita is personification of "Meh & Gay". Bulbasaur and Turtwig was and it is the only one whom i have liked.
    But Snivy...meh.
    God glorify this Post, haha!! I always thought Snivy was way too overrated. Serperior was "passable" but if you compare it to Torterra...

Quote Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
    God glorify this Post, haha!! I always thought Snivy was way too overrated. Serperior was "passable" but if you compare it to Torterra...
    Well,of course it was overrated.Its stats sucked,its movepool was atrocious...its design,not so special.People liked it because it's a snake...it's the same with Fennekin...they like it because it's a fox>.>

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

No, it doesn't. It all sounds like wild speculation on your part. The purple field suggests to me Night Slash or some Dark-move, and it looks similar to how it has been earlier. Arguing that other moves are/were similar doesn't have anything to do with this move, necessarily.

The purple thing is meant to be the Pokemon moving upwards and downwards simultaneously
    Why? I've read your quotes, nowhere does it say that purple suggests something moving back and forth. And frankly, it couldn't have anyway, could it. In fact, to portray something moving upwards and downwards, you just make the animation go back to forth.

it clearly doesn't slash sideways like Night Slash.
    Fair point, but maybe they actually made it look like it was an actual slash this time. Would make sense.

Due to graphical limitations (I assume), they weren't able to show it in previous games.
    That is the worst stretch imaginable.

Guys just curious..Grass Starters, Water Starters or Fire Starters..personally it's Grass Starters

water and grass had a lot of ups and downs, while fire to me was more balanced in both esthetics and strengths
    Dream Team

Spoiler:- ign FC:

That depends.
    In each gen, we have some really different starters.
    But i keep my preference for Water types, until 4th gen...but it's a difficult choice, really.
    5th gen had some really horrible starters, in my opinion, except by Tepig.

Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, and Piplup were all goods and had no downsides in their design. While, in 5th, and now 6th Gen...ugh.
    But Fire Starters were also good, too.
    Charmander, Cyndaquil,
    Torchic, Chimchar and Tepig were really good, i have nothing to complain. I would like Fennekin too if his ears wasn't bigger than his head,haha!!
    Last edited by Sohryu; 11th March 2013 at 12:32 PM.

I've been a fan of water and fire starters and really haven't hated any of the designs (with exception to all 3 Gen 3 starters). It's really hard to tell for the first form, but I feel like Chespin might become something really epic looking. Froakie has that chance too. Fennekin's the only one Im on the fence about. I don't hate its design, I just dont think it'll compare to the other two.

Page 365 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375415465 ... LastLast