View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 370 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380420470 ... LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,250 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I would love to see the whole Grass/Dark Fire/Psychic Water/Fighting thing happen but i highly doubt it.
    Seeing the animals they're based off of and their names, it's safe to assume the typings:
    Fire Ground - Fennekin [Fennec foxes are desert foxes]
    Water Flying - Froakie [White fluff suggests clouds, and there are flying frogs]
    Grass Steel - Chespin [Name: Chestnut + Pin, kinda self-explanatory]

Gen 5: Gen 4: Gen 3: Gen 2: Gen 1:
    Zoroark Lucario Metagross Tyranitar Gengar

Till this day they still can function together as a team. And they will continue to do so.

http://i.imgur.com/5FB9XOJ.gif
    http://media.tumblr.com/87de37fff9d3...Rzy1qz4rgp.gif
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/68dd21331...sia6o1_500.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Some think it's just foam, while some think those are clouds.
    i don't think it's clouds at all
    it's just foam guys
    frogs excrete it when it lays eggs

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

One of Froakie's names has "foam" in it, so I'm guessing it's just foam.
    Unless...
    It's a trap!

I hope it evolves into a full Shaman-esque bubble beard once it gets to the final stage.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Any new news on starters?
    Casual Veteran Player (History: Yellow, Silver, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, White, Black, White2, Black2 (current))

I just enjoy the ride

FC's:
    White - 5028-9056-3901 (JT):
    Black - 1764-7304-9723 (Aishi):
    White 2 - 3998-4495-2395 (Rose):
    Black 2 - 2881-8825-5463 (JT):

Quote Originally Posted by shadowj0 View Post
    no
    and we probably won't get any until there is about three or four months until release

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    no
    and we probably won't get any until there is about three or four months until release
    I'm hoping at least for an anime appeareance in Dekoroa. At least then we can confirm our worst fears on Chespin's oshawottesque personality.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I'm hoping at least for an anime appeareance in Dekoroa. At least then we can confirm our worst fears on Chespin's oshawottesque personality.
    They won't showcase the starters in Dekoroa. It'll be at the beginning of XY.

Dekoroa might show off some random 6th gen Pokemon, though.

We could also get the design leaks like we did last time with Iris.

Quote Originally Posted by Frygon View Post
    We could also get the design leaks like we did last time with Iris.
    that would be nice
    i would at least like to know what these guys are gunna look like D:

Ask me stupid stuff

Personally I'm more of a Grass starter type kind of guy. It has been that way, I don't know why but I kinda like the green color scheme.

Turtwig was the most adorable Grass type for me and Torterra is pretty badass with that tree and mountain on its back. Bad news though in D/P, if I had known there'll be lack of Fire types I could've chosen Chimchar.
    Snivy was very smug and I fell in love with it instantly and Serperior is ethereal and majestic.

This Generation is no different. Chespin's Sugimori art looks like it has a free spirited personality and I loved him. Hopefully the final evolution will be to my liking.
    Pre-order Patron Saint Joanne's ARTPOP

Quote Originally Posted by shadowj0 View Post
    if your looking evolutions don't expect anything until september
    3DS Friend code
    1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari
    Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

Secret Base
    Coming Soon

I try to pick the strongest starter in each generation regardless of their type, but Fennekin will be my third Fire-type starter and my second picked without regard for its power. I picked Bulbasaur in Gen1 to play on easy mode, plus I consider Blastoise to be the weakest Gen1 starter, rather than believe the general fan consensus that it's Venusaur.

If Froakie evolves into a clone of the Kame trio from Gen5, he could still be part-Electric like Thundurus and get a hidden ability of Levitate. I doubt they'd do that, however, since they have three such Legendary Pokémon already. I maintain my fantasy RPG classes and my Water/Electric, Grass/Steel, and Fire/Dark theories for the Gen6 starter evolutions.

Edit: Altho I just realized, another possibility for Froakie could be Water/Fighting, which to me signifies an elderly martial arts master like in those old kung-fu movies from the 70's. That would make him the Monk or Ninja class, and leave the Wizard or Cleric class open to Fennekin, allowing for a Fire/Psychic typing and a Kyuubi spirit final evolution form.

OMG! If Froakie is a Monk and Fennekin is a Cleric, then Chespin would be a Paladin!
    Last edited by Paladin of Arceus; 13th March 2013 at 4:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    OMG! If Froakie is a Monk and Fennekin is a Cleric, then Chespin would be a Paladin!
    I envisioned Water/Fighting, Fire/Psychic and Grass/Steel. I use.
    Pre-order Patron Saint Joanne's ARTPOP

Fennekin looks great

Default What U think, Like my ideas?

All my ideas about the starters:

Chespin - grass/steel (third evolution) (lv17 - lv32) - learn Iron Head (lv32 - only steel type move by level up), Needle Arm (lv26), a new physical priority grass type (BP:40) (lv18), Stun Spore (lv10), no leech seed, absord and mega/giga drain by level up. Slowest gen6 starter, great attack and defense, good special attack, bad special defense and speed. In the third evolution the tail becomes a steel orange ball with a lot of green spikes (remember a chestnut). Unlike the official artwork, has a angry personality, it has some kind of problem with it's tail and spikes, can not control it very good.

Fennekin - fire/psyquic (lv14 - lv36) - learn Psywave (lv14), Extrasensory (lv35), Flame Burst (lv25), doesn't learn flamethrower by level up, Heat Wave (lv41). Fastest gen6 starter, biggest special attack of all starters, lowest fire starter attack stat, bad defense, good special defense and average HP. The third evolution is quadruped, lot of fire in the tail, the eyes has a strong red color, like flames are burning inside, has a feminine design but the face looks angry. Has a quiet personality, but likes to be the center of attention, likes to expose the others weakness.

Froakie - water/fighting (lv16 - lv36) - learn bubble (lv6), water gun (lv10), Force Palm (lv16), Icy Wind (lv24) Sky Uppercut (lv36), no aqua jet/water sport/ aqua tail. Fastest water type starter, great attack and speed, good special defense and HP, bad defense and special attack. The third evolution has a cloud in the wrist that glows yellow (energy) when it's fight, can storage energy and absorb poison inside, the eyes still big, some dark blue lines in the arms, has a cloud in the back that can storage a lot of different itens. Very imposing, not slim, not fat, is the tallest gen6 starter final evolution. Amazing personality, very classy, inteligent, funny just being itself, always keep a book in the cloud on it's back, loves to read, likes the silence.

Yveltal - Flying/Dark
    Xerneas - Rock/Grass
    Sylveon - Flying
    The other Eevee evolution is Ground.

Quote Originally Posted by williamdrake View Post

Chespin - grass/steel (third evolution) (lv17 - lv32) - learn Iron Head (lv32 - only steel type move by level up), Needle Arm (lv26), a new physical priority grass type (BP:40) (lv18), Stun Spore (lv10), no leech seed, absord and mega/giga drain by level up. Slowest gen6 starter, great attack and defense, good special attack, bad special defense and speed. In the third evolution the tail becomes a steel orange ball with a lot of green spikes (remember a chestnut). Unlike the official artwork, has a angry personality, it has some kind of problem with it's tail and spikes, can not control it very good.

Fennekin - fire/psyquic (lv14 - lv36) - learn Psywave (lv14), Extrasensory (lv35), Flame Burst (lv25), doesn't learn flamethrower by level up, Heat Wave (lv41). Fastest gen6 starter, biggest special attack of all starters, lowest fire starter attack stat, bad defense, good special defense and average HP. The third evolution is quadruped, lot of fire in the tail, the eyes has a strong red color, like flames are burning inside, has a feminine design but the face looks angry. Has a quiet personality, but likes to be the center of attention, likes to expose the others weakness.

Froakie - water/fighting (lv16 - lv36) - learn bubble (lv6), water gun (lv10), Force Palm (lv16), Icy Wind (lv24) Sky Uppercut (lv36), no aqua jet/water sport/ aqua tail. Fastest water type starter, great attack and speed, good special defense and HP, bad defense and special attack. The third evolution has a cloud in the wrist that glows yellow (energy) when it's fight, can storage energy and absorb poison inside, the eyes still big, some dark blue lines in the arms, has a cloud in the back that can storage a lot of different itens. Very imposing, not slim, not fat, is the tallest gen6 starter final evolution. Amazing personality, very classy, inteligent, funny just being itself, always keep a book in the cloud on it's back, loves to read, likes the silence.

Yveltal - Flying/Dark
    Xerneas - Rock/Grass
    Sylveon - Flying
    That's a lot of ideas there

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by williamdrake View Post

Yveltal - Flying/Dark
    Xerneas - Rock/Grass
    Sylveon - Flying

I am sorry bit chespin is grass/dark

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    I am sorry bit chespin is grass/dark
    *high fives*
    i think grass/dark is my fav combo for chespin
    there are only two and they're both used differently

Ask me stupid stuff

It seems my choice in starter is the least popular. Froakie looks amazing to me, and I actually find his design the most original, despite the fact that we've had plenty of frogs before.

I agree to Grass/Dark for Chespin, as well as Fire.Psychic for Fennekin. However, Froakie's puffy whiteness has always struck me as being cloud-like. I've heard of plenty of cultures associating frogs with the sky, so I believe that we'll be seeing, in Froakie's evolutionary line, a more Special-Based Gyarados; Water/Flying.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

/\
    Froakie's a strange poke, indeed, but we don't know much things, though.
    Let us see what type he'll have/be (the Other type) and I'm pretty sure other people will begin to like him more.

Yveltal - Flying/Dark
    Xerneas - Rock/Grass
    Sylveon - Flying
    Okay, no, really. Please.....agh/! I can't even..
    Specially the last one.

As for the ideas of Chespin being Grass/Dark....i don't know how can someone "like" the idea of Chespin be like that. Grass/Fighting or even Grass/Steel would be way better, in my opinion. The idea of Chespin being Grass/Dark scares me............(in the bad sense)
    Last edited by Sohryu; 14th March 2013 at 10:02 AM.

Chespin-Grass/Fighting-come on...I can see its arms developing and sporting huge,dangerous claws while at the same time,its armor could offer much defense.An primary offensive pkmn but with some bulk too.It could even turn out to be based on samurai and redeem the whole concept cuz Samurott was terrible in that regard with no secondary Fighting type and all...

HP 103
    Atk 126
    Def 120
    SpAtk 50
    SpDef 60
    Speed 76 BST=535 it would be a great Choice Scarf and Band user.Much like Heracross.Or a more bulky attacker like Conkeldurr.

Fennekin-Fire/Poison-based on radiation--it shines brightly like the sun,yet it's a very unstable and dangerous pokemon.It's proud and has to be praised constantly.Based also on the bipolar disorder,one minute,it's warm and lovely,the next,it destroys everything.

HP 70
    Atk 52
    Def 83
    SpAtk 126
    SpDef 95
    Speed 109 BST=535 Great Special sweeper

Froakie-Water/Flying--It's based on flying frogs http://images.inmagine.com/400nwm/ir...tg00400398.jpg ,frog deities,elven princes,thieves...It's a terrible type combination,but with the right stats and moves,it could be awesome,especially in rain.

HP 75
    Atk 106
    Def 61
    SpAtk 106
    SpDef 61
    Speed 126 BST= 535 A little more ballanced,offensive wise,but with amazing speed.

I'm sick of the starters being underdogs.If they're shoving them down our throats all the time,at least they should have awesome stats and secondary types.
    Last edited by Nacreous; 15th March 2013 at 8:14 AM.

I voted Chespin but I'm really going to choose Fennekin, only because I like the fire starters, but I mainly like Chespin. I hope Fennekin ends up Fire/Psychic, since it used Psychic or something int the trailer. Fingers crossed. >~<

My Fabulous Tumblr
    I have claimed Chimchar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrosion View Post
    I voted Chespin but I'm really going to choose Fennekin, only because I like the fire starters, but I mainly like Chespin. I hope Fennekin ends up Fire/Psychic, since it used Psychic or something int the trailer. Fingers crossed. >~<
    While I'm not sure that the move indicates that Fennekin's evolutions will be part Psychic-type, I hope it happens mainly because I don't want another Fire/Fighting combination.

But look at how popular my good sis Fennekin is! I stopped paying attention to the poll about a month ago, but I never expected Fennekin to keep her lead like this. I mean what kind of slayage?! The games aren't even out yet and Fennekin is already proving why she's the best Generation 6 Starter. Well good for her.

i think he is EASILY able to be grass/dark
    grass/fighting is just dumb for him...
    it doesn't make any sense

Ask me stupid stuff

Page 370 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380420470 ... LastLast