View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 378 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378379380381382388428478 ... LastLast
Results 9,426 to 9,450 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post

Explain to me why it's Shadow Claw/Night Slash when first of all:
    1) There is no claw mark to argue Shadow Claw
    2) There is no sideway slash motion to argue Night Slash
    3) IT HAS AERIAL ACE'S BACKGROUND FFS!
    Exactly. Thank you for proving our point.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    I thought so.

I'm like 95% sure that's Night Slash.
    Adding to the Argument:
    Why on Earth would you use Aerial Ace on Golurk? Wouldn't you use a Grass-Move if it was?
    Because you can? What if it was originally a fighting type and golurk was switched in?

I thought so.

Adding to the Argument:
    Why on Earth would you use Aerial Ace on Golurk? Wouldn't you use a Grass-Move if it was?

BurningWhiteKyurem: Then what is the Purple Scratch/Slash then?
    Seriously?

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

You clearly aren't focusing on the obvious Aerial Ace background.

Also This:
    the whole thing is a claw mark soooooo what?
    and that's cool that is has the aerial ace background
    there are many moves that share backgrounds

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Exactly. Thank you for proving our point.

Because you can? What if it was originally a fighting type and golurk was switched in?
    Oh sweet mother of.....I know this is a speculation thread, but for the love of god people! This is not going be solved for at least another 6 months! Let's talk about something else!
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    the whole thing is a claw mark soooooo what?
    and that's cool that is has the aerial ace background
    there are many moves that share backgrounds
    No it's not...if you paid attention to the photos I've shown you...it's NOT a claw mark. It's the pokemon moving upwards and downwards. Last time I checked, claw motions only moved in one direction.

I don't think GameFreak would do that in the Release Trailer. I'm pretty sure it is Night Slash.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

I don't think GameFreak would do that in the Release Trailer. I'm pretty sure it is Night Slash.
    How can it be night slash, when there is NO sideway slashing motion...?

No it's not...if you paid attention to the photos I've shown you...it's NOT a claw mark. It's the pokemon moving upwards and downwards. Last time I checked, claw motions only moved in one direction.
    It sure looks like one.
    Also, explain Fury Swipes then.

You're gonna deprive a dragon pokemon to their birthright or to ban a pokemon just because? Since when did smogon have anything to do with ingame?
    I thought you were referring to competitive play. In-game Serperior does not even get Contrary.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

How can it be night slash, when there is NO sideway slashing motion...?
    GameFreak could change it.

It would be funny if it's neither Night Slash or Aerial Ace, or even a completely new move.

It sure looks like one.
    Magic.

To bring us from this never ending/infuriating topic-How does anyone feel about getting a first mammal grass starter?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

It sure looks like one.
    I think you're just trying to annoy people here.The evidence is in Aerial Ace's favor.Sure,there's a chance that it's Night Slash or Shadow Claw but...I doubt it.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

I thought so.

Adding to the Argument:

BurningWhiteKyurem: Then what is the Purple Scratch/Slash then?
    Why on earth would you use a Psychic move on Kirlia, yet that's clearly what Fennekin does. The Pokemon hit by the attacks are simply that, Pokemon that are hit by attacks, nothing more.

It sure looks like one.
    I was referring to Shadow Claw, not Fury Swipes. It slashes once, whereas the trailer CLEARLY shows it slashing twice from downwards-upwards directionality. Therefore, Occam's Razor: If it has Aerial Ace's background and properties, it most likely is Aerial Ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    Why on earth would you use a Psychic move on Kirlia, yet that's clearly what Fennekin does. The Pokemon hit by the attacks are simply that, Pokemon that are hit by attacks, nothing more.
    Thank you...I like how people assume that attacks showcased = "durr must be super-effective against the other."

Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    I'm actually think it is Growl.

I was referring to Shadow Claw, not Fury Swipes. It slashes once, whereas the trailer CLEARLY shows it slashing twice from downwards-upwards directionality. Therefore, Occam's Razor: If it has Aerial Ace's background and properties, it most likely is Aerial Ace.
    I'm pretty sure Aerial Ace hits once in its animation. So, it's Night Slash.

No...it hits twice^^

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I think you're just trying to annoy people here.The evidence is in Aerial Ace's favor.Sure,there's a chance that it's Night Slash or Shadow Claw but...I doubt it.
    I wasn't, or I wasn't trying to. BurningWhiteKyurem said it moved in only ONE direction, Fury Swipes moves in two.

You are clearly bullheaded and take no regard for the evidence that I've shown. Also, you have never even answered why it doesn't slash sideways, and why AA's background is shown?

つばめがえし Swallow Return = Tsubame Gaeshi
    His favorite technique was both respected and feared throughout feudal Japan. It was called the "Turning Swallow Cut" or "Tsubame Gaeshi" (燕返し lit. "Swallow Reversal / Return"), and was so named because it mimicked the motion of a swallow's tail during flight as observed at Kintaibashi Bridge in Iwakuni. This cut was reputedly so quick and precise that it could strike down a bird in mid-flight. There are no direct descriptions of the technique, but it was compared to two other techniques current at the time: the Ittō-ryū's Kinshi Cho Ohken and the Ganryū Kosetsu To; respectively the two involved fierce and swift cuts downward and then immediately upwards. Hence, the "Turning Swallow Cut" has been reconstructed as a technique involving striking downward from above and then instantly striking again in an upward motion from below. The strike's second phase could be from below toward the rear and then upward at an angle, like an eagle climbing again after swooping down on its prey. Kojiro created this technique around 1605.
    Did it ever occur to you that graphical limitations is why GameFreak may not have showcased the upwards-downwards hitting for Aerial Ace in previous generations?

Oh my god people. Where is your evidence that its night slash?

I wasn't, or I wasn't trying to. BurningWhiteKyurem said it moved in only ONE direction, Fury Swipes moves in two.
    Also,when Chespin used the move,it actually flew...it used its whole body whereas,if it were to use Night Slash...wouldn't it be easier to just go and slash Golurk without flying around?

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    No...it hits twice^^
    I always imagined it was a sword digging in its body, then pulling it out. Gruesome, I know.

Here's my evidence.

1. It hits twice in the animation.
    2. Purple Scratch mark.

Nacreous:

I believe it jumped up to attack Golurk because it is so tall.
    Last edited by DarkSword39; 17th March 2013 at 11:49 PM.

You people realize that you can't claim one is wrong with proof right? It looks like a mixture of both, so let's drop it until the game gives us more. And get back to the STARTERS, you know, what this thread's about? I'm sure there's a move thread somewhere you can yell at walls for six/seven months.

-My younger brother

Here's my evidence.

1. It hits twice in the animation.
    2. Purple Scratch mark.
    1. You still can't explain why it doesn't slash sideways in the trailer.
    2. You still can't explain how NS in Gen V had red outlines in its slashes, yet if I say its AA you and Yveltal96 tell me that it can't change. Clear hypocrisy at work here.
    3. You still can't explain how it has AA's background.

Page 378 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378379380381382388428478 ... LastLast