View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 387 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437487 ... LastLast
Results 9,651 to 9,675 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

What if the Fire starter is the defensive one this time?Fire Psychic specializing in SpDef and SpAtk...how would that look like?

The Grass starter sort of like Infernape or Blaziken and the Water starter as a swift special attacker...to turn the whole thing upside down.

We've never had a fast Water starter,and we've never really had a Grass starter as a straightforward physical sweeper.
    Last edited by Nacreous; 18th March 2013 at 1:21 PM.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

I think we will get
    Froakie as a fast water starter
    Chespin as a defence
    And fennekin as sp.attack (if not fire fighting)

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Yes it could be so...Fenekinn looks like a Special Defense creature.
    Oh that's Chespin?......HA simply HA

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I think we will get
    And fennekin as sp.attack (if not fire fighting)
    If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting, I hope it's at least a special attacker, to shake things up!

I agree with you on Fennekin being a mainly offensive, Special-based mon. However, I think Chespin will be the Physical attacker. Why? Because I'm still utterly hellbent that Froakie will grow up to be Water/Flying, and it would need to be Special-Based and bulky to stand out from Gyarados and Pelliper. Hence, I think Froakie will end up having very low ATK, decent S-ATK, and high Defenses.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    What if the Fire starter is the defensive one this time?Fire Psychic specializing in SpDef and SpAtk...how would that look like?

The Grass starter sort of like Infernape or Blaziken and the Water starter as a swift special attacker...to turn the whole thing upside down.

We've never had a fast Water starter,and we've never really had a Grass starter as a straightforward physical sweeper.
    I like your idea a lot. If Fennekin was fire/psychic, while it would be awesome for it to be a sweeper, to me it makes more sense to me for this to be a wall/tank type special over Chespin and Froakie. Would be good for a change. I have wanted Froakie to be speedy all along and could definately see it being speedy with the long, dangly legs it has. I wanted Chespin to be a phsyical or special sweeper as well because I think it suits it's appearence more but would also like a bulky Chespin as well. I suppose if I had to choose a wall/tank it would be Fennekin, however we could have all sweepers this time?
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

I could see fennekin being very specially defensive
    not sure if that's what nacreous meant but i could see that ^_^

Really? IMO Fennekin looks more like a speedy, sp.atker type, while Chespin (which I think is Grass/Ground) seems like also a speedy attacker, but have less attack than Fennekin's special attack, while possessing more bulk. Meanwhile, Froakie looks like a medicore speed (eg. 70s~80s) with above average bulk and good attack and special attack (so Infernape's attack & special attack, Empoleon's bulk and Torterra's speed).

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Really? IMO Fennekin looks more like a speedy, sp.atker type, while Chespin (which I think is Grass/Ground) seems like also a speedy attacker, but have less attack than Fennekin's special attack, while possessing more bulk. Meanwhile, Froakie looks like a medicore speed (eg. 70s~80s) with above average bulk and good attack and special attack (so Infernape's attack & special attack, Empoleon's bulk and Torterra's speed).
    well same here
    like how i thought of it was, it would be like infernapes stats except with his attack stat and special defense stat switched

Oh look another fake scan just appear.....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/317a54b2f...kalqo1_500.jpg

Good!! Chespin evolution intrigues me!! But fake!!

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    So, I was staring at Chespin's helmet and I thought of something.

What if Chespin evolution is a cone? His face is hidden and only his limbs are visible while the fully grown cone covers him up.
    Do you mean something like ralts where its eyes or in this case face would only be visible from a certain angle? But honestly though, i can see your logic, but it would be terrible in my opinion. Im really liking the look of all the staters so far and i hope gf doesnt mess any of them up. As for chespin, im hoping for a large grass/dark bipedal rodent.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

I was looking at Chespin and I wondered if the green thingy on its head (I'll persume hood) is detachable, sort of like how Scraggy's pant thingy is.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Chespin-Grass/Steel-screw Grass/Dark...I think Chespin has the highest chance of becoming the slow,bulky one;no point in killing the poor thing with a crappy type combination.

Fennekin-Fire/Psychic-yeah yeah...everyone is saying it and I'm saying it.

Froakie-Water/Electric-I like this one!Give it a high speed stat,Thunder and Hurricane and it'll be a boss.

This way,the secondary types are not designed to be some sort of perfect triangle.It's much more fun.
    Ha! There we go, someone agrees with chespin being the slow tank.

OceanicLanturn: That'd kinda be weird. I'm guessing it either just grows on its head (Please no), or hopefully beocme spikes down its back.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Oh look another fake scan just appear.....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/317a54b2f...kalqo1_500.jpg

Good!! Chespin evolution intrigues me!! But fake!!

Definitely a fake scan....
    Shame they didn't show an idea for froakie

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post

OceanicLanturn: That'd kinda be weird. I'm guessing it either just grows on its head (Please no), or hopefully beocme spikes down its back.
    I'd like it to become a cape, that would make it look like an assassin.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

That Chespin evo looks okay, but that Fenekinn evo is horrible. I hope the actual Fennerva/Fenneknac looks nothing like that (tentative names i've given to them)

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

Why would a chestnut shell grow grass???

Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    Why would a chestnut shell grow grass???
    Well, appearently his name translates to hedgehog too. So the things on the hat become spikes down his back.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Well, appearently his name translates to hedgehog too. So the things on the hat become spikes down his back.
    I would like a grass MetalGreymon.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    I would like a grass MetalGreymon.
    Why would become a dino?

-My younger brother

Quote Originally Posted by X Rat View Post
    I do not really think any of these exactly. I think his frame will be larger, bulkier, with a large coat of quills/spikes that resemble long sharp leaves and/or thorns.
    This is what I'm hoping for. I'd be be pretty disappointed if he ends up being a knight/ninja.

-My younger brother

There's also the fact that his English name refers to 'chesnut'...and I'm pretty sure some of the other names do too. That would be a much more obvious reasons for spikes. Grass/Rock anyone? I personally prefer the Grass/Dark speculations myself...and Water/Electric for Froakie...and the obvious Fire/Psychic for Fennekin.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    There's also the fact that his English name refers to 'chesnut'...and I'm pretty sure some of the other names do too. That would be a much more obvious reasons for spikes. Grass/Rock anyone? I personally prefer the Grass/Dark speculations myself...and Water/Electric for Froakie...and the obvious Fire/Psychic for Fennekin.
    What exactly is obvious about Fennekin to make it that way? We know absolutely nothing about it other than the fact that its an orange fox.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    What exactly is obvious about Fennekin to make it that way? We know absolutely nothing about it other than the fact that its an orange fox.
    Well...it used a Psychic-type move in the trailer...so...

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Well...it used a Psychic-type move in the trailer...so...
    We don't even know that for sure.. Only gf knows what move it was, and also what type fennekin will become. I support the psychic-speculation though

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

Only think I hope is that Fennekin is not Fire/Fighting, which it seems not to be and I'm glad! Even tho I'm most likely going to use Froakie anyway.

Please call me Ty or Bro

Current hunts

Tepig ~ Oshawott ~ Squirtle
    White ~ JPN Black 2 ~ FireRed
    53 SRs ~ ??? SRs ~ 218 SRs

Eevee
    White 2
    90 eggs

Page 387 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437487 ... LastLast