View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 390 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400440490 ... LastLast
Results 9,726 to 9,750 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Im liking chespin.... I've always choose the grass...(besides snivy )
    But froakie this time its so..... Cute.... But i think ill have all tree hehe
    Into every generation there is a chosen one!

Name: Rosinha
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I will just go for Chespin ^^

It looks sooooo cute :P

I might be choosing Fennekin if the evo for Chespin sucks.
    And if the evo's for chespin and Fennekin both suck then.... I maybe will go for .... *cough* Froakie *cough*

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

I'm gonna go with Froakie. There's just something about him. I don't know. And, I'm hoping his evolution will have magic mustache power. Plus, Chespin looks ridiculous and I'm sure his evolutions will too. Of course, I said the same thing about Oshawott, but ended up really growing on him and choosing him on White. So who knows.
    Hello, everybody.
    Due to reasons I have been instructed not to divulge, I am taking a hiatus from the forums. I'm not sure when I will return, if ever. Thank you, everybody for making my time here at Serebii great.

-Regards, Rave

Member of the Unofficial Swalot Club
    Friend Safari: Eevee, Audino, and Teddiursa.
    Y Friend Code: 0602-6266-7186

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

Chespin with Shell Smash, nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Chespin with Shell Smash, nuff said.
    Dang, that'd be sweet. Hope he gets it.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Dang, that'd be sweet. Hope he gets it.
    That would be something.Hopefully,the ***** won't have a horrible speed stat.By horrible,I mean around 40...something like 60,70,80 would be acceptable

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    That would be something.Hopefully,the ***** won't have a horrible speed stat.By horrible,I mean around 40...something like 60,70,80 would be acceptable
    I prefer low speed, they tend to have more defense. Slowbro's got what, like 20? It takes hits like no tomorrow.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Give Chespin, Blastoise, Torterra, Lapras, Slowbro, and Slowking shell smash.

But Slowbro and Slowking are too slow to utilize shell smash. Unless they still use up a turn to use trick room

I prefer low speed, they tend to have more defense. Slowbro's got what, like 20? It takes hits like no tomorrow.
    Yeah,it could have high defenses just not horrible speed.Shell Smash is kinda useless with a speed stat of 40.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Give Chespin, Blastoise, Torterra, Lapras, Slowbro, and Slowking shell smash.

But Slowbro and Slowking are too slow to utilize shell smash. Unless they still use up a turn to use trick room
    I thought lapras had pretty decent speed?

-My younger brother

I thought lapras had pretty decent speed?
    So does Cloyster but they gave cloyster shell smash anyway.

Also, give the early Cocoon Shell Smash also. So the moths can use shell smash and quiver dance. And let Beedrill use Shell smash.

So does Cloyster but they gave cloyster shell smash anyway.

Also, give the early Cocoon Shell Smash also. So the moths can use shell smash and quiver dance. And let Beedrill use Shell smash.
    Yeah,but they're nothing but digestive juices inside that cocoon.So,they'd be nothing more than a splash in the eye>.>
    Last edited by Nacreous; 19th March 2013 at 6:40 PM.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

I hope that Chespin can learn Iron Defense. I was really disappointed that Torterra couldn't learn Iron defense especially if it has Shell Armor as its hidden ability.

I hope that Chespin can learn Iron Defense. I was really disappointed that Torterra couldn't learn Iron defense especially if it has Shell Armor as its hidden ability.
    Yeah, hopefully. If he's steel, he'll most likely get it.

-My younger brother

I was reading some stuff about fox mythology and I found this:

In Finland, the mesmerising aurora borealis or northern lights was believed to be the result of a fox running on the snow and sweeping its tail so that sparks fly off into the sky. The aurora borealis was also known as “revontulet”, or “fox fires”, referred to as magic lights back before its scientific origins were discovered.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I was reading some stuff about fox mythology and I found this:
    Fire/ice maybe? A longshot, but kinda cool.

-My younger brother

found this online while browsing X and Y stuff
    please read the whole thing before commenting ^_^

People have speculated that, from the teaser of Gen 6, that it’s full evolution might be a Fire/Psychic type. If so, it would be the 3rd instance for this type combo, seen only in Darminitan and Victini.
    A reason it may also be a Fire/Psychic type would be from Japanese inspiration of Fox folklore, or Kitsune. They are depicted as having magical, mystical powers that relate to fire, illusion, and flight. In fact, the properties of Ninetails, Vulpix, Zoroark, and Zorua stem from these properties..
    Another Nintendo icon that was influenced by the Kistune (or rather Inari, a japanese God based off of foxes) was Fox McCloud, where these properties shine most in the SSB games.

Next up is Chespin.

Yeah I have no idea what the hell that is. I thought it was a chipmunk. I think its name is from Chestnut and spin (although Bulbapedia says Chestnut and Pin, perhaps meaning that it is a hedgehog or porcupine, but I don’t see it.) It reminds me of Oshawott though.

Just like with Fennekin, from the trailer there have been speculation that this guy is a Grass/Dark type. Like with Fennekin, this again would be only the 3rd instance of a this type combo, sharing only with the Nuzleaf family and with Cacturne, which would be really cool.
    Chespin will also be breaking tradition, as every Grass starter prior to it will have been a reptile of some kind.

Finally, we get down to Froakie.

Obviously a mix of Frog and Croak. How the hell do people not like this? Frogs are ****ing awesome. They help eat our bugs and look so chill.

As with the other 2, this one has been speculated to be Water/Fighting type. And guess what? Yup, if so it will be the 3rd instance of this type combination, joining Poliwrath and Keldeo. It would also be the 3rd family of frogs in the Pokemon series, with the Poliwag and Croagunk family (alright, technically a toad but who gives a ****). Game Freak really likes their fighting frogs.

But so what? How is this revolutionary?
    Okay, well if the secondary types of the families of Fennekin, Chespin, and Froakie are Psychic, Dark, and Fighting respectively, then that means that there’s a reversal in type advantages, as Fennekin’s Psychic will be good against Froakie’s Fighting, Froakie’s Fighting will trump Chespin’s Dark, and Chespin’s Dark will trump Fennekin’s Psychic.
    I honestly thought that concept was really cool.

Basically what we have discussed so far...
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    Basically what we have discussed so far...
    i was referring to the fact that if they did do that, then there will be three occurances of these types

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i was referring to the fact that if they did do that, then there will be three occurances of these types
    I think Fennekin is going to be a Fire/Bug because it would be the third instance of that after Larvesta and Volcarona.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    I think Fennekin is going to be a Fire/Bug because it would be the third instance of that after Larvesta and Volcarona.
    I am all for one more Fire/Bug, but I am not sure how would Fennekin gain the Bug-type after an evolution... I mean, how the hell would a fox become a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    How in the world does this "say" Bug-type in any shape or form?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

I am all for one more Fire/Bug, but I am not sure how would Fennekin gain the Bug-type after an evolution... I mean, how the hell would a fox become a bug?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    How in the world does this "say" Bug-type in any shape or form?

Sarcasm....lol, he's basically saying how viewing these patterns is useless since it doesn't really mean anything. Plus there may be many types that haven't gotten a third occurrence, so really, what's the point? (hence the bug/fire example).

Also, Grass/Dark would technically be fourth since Nuzleaf/Shiftry/Cacturne makes up 3. So there's no real pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

His obvious sarcasm was very obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    His obvious sarcasm was very obvious.
    Yeah, I got the joke/sarcasm, but my question isn't directly related to Fennekin and is still valid: "How would a Pokémon gain the Bug-type after evolving?"

Page 390 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400440490 ... LastLast