View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 398 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400401402408448498 ... LastLast
Results 9,926 to 9,950 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

It depends, really. Infernape receives the "love it or hate it" treatment. I particularly like Infernape, maybe more than Emboar and definitely more than Blaziken and Charizard, but it doesn't top Typhlosion for me.
    THe hate it seems like... somebody else. I wish to tear Chimchar and it's evos apart and torture it violently, while it drowns. I despise those horrid cruel jokes of creations. Arcues must have been blind when it blew life into those... things.

Nothing tops Blaziken in terms of Fire starters in MY book, I hate all the others, except Typhlosion.

Note, opinion.

And, to get back on topic... Fennekin seems to win, but Dunsparce still seems to have a following.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    THe hate it seems like... somebody else. I wish to tear Chimchar and it's evos apart and torture it violently, while it drowns. I despise those horrid cruel jokes of creations. Arcues must have been blind when it blew life into those... things.

Nothing tops Blaziken in terms of Fire starters in MY book, I hate all the others, except Typhlosion.

Note, opinion.

And, to get back on topic... Fennekin seems to win, but Dunsparce still seems to have a following.
    I could say similar things about Charizard, who is easily my least favorite Fire starter... But right, lets get back on topic...

Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post
    What Dex color would Fennekin have? Yellow, brown, or red? I'm just curious.
    I think it would get Yellow, personally, but GF has made some odd decisions on those. (Bronzor... Don't talk about that color, it's not mixed, but some shades of colors are different in JP (argh hard to explain))

I think it would get Yellow, personally, but GF has made some odd decisions on those. (Bronzor... Don't talk about that color, it's not mixed, but some shades of colors are different in JP (argh hard to explain))
    A better example is how they called Snorlax black.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Gamefreak and Nintendo

YUNO GIVE US GEN 6 INFORMATION

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno.Fan View Post
    But it's back is black.

Right?

Fennekin...
    poison(acid, that can burn like fire, right?), dark, ground(fennic fox), anything. JUST NOT A @*$%#&!ING FIRE/FIGHTING. JUST NO!!!
    me, I want a dark type. (sort of a sinister cat?)

Chespin...
    he's a grass, and we need good grass ingenuity, so maybe(and hopefully) a flying(dunno how, but they could make it work), poison(nightshade plant), or a *drool* ice type(an evergreen).

Froakie...
    psychic, poison (acid rain-'stach?), electric (storm cloud whiskers, anyone?), or a *drool* dragon ( whisker-cape?).

meow

But it's back is black.

Right?
    It is dark blue, I think. :c Not sure if your trolling or not ._.

Quote Originally Posted by CaTastrophy427 View Post
    Fennekin...
    poison(acid, that can burn like fire, right?), dark, ground(fennic fox), anything. JUST NOT A @*$%#&!ING FIRE/FIGHTING. JUST NO!!!
    me, I want a dark type. (sort of a sinister cat?)

Chespin...
    he's a grass, and we need good grass ingenuity, so maybe(and hopefully) a flying(dunno how, but they could make it work), poison(nightshade plant), or a *drool* ice type(an evergreen).

Froakie...
    psychic, poison (acid rain-'stach?), electric (storm cloud whiskers, anyone?), or a *drool* dragon ( whisker-cape?).

meow
    oh, wait. that would be Houndoom, Obamasnow, and Kingdra, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno.Fan View Post
    the best examples, are Mareep being White and Qwilfish being Gray.

but yeah, I think Fennekin will be Yellow.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I think chespin will have a wild type like grass/flying or grass/steel and fennekin will be fire/psychic based on its moves in the trailer and froakie will be water only.

Quote Originally Posted by CaTastrophy427 View Post
    oh, wait. that would be Houndoom, Obamasnow, and Kingdra, respectively.
    Yeah, c'mon. They had their time in spotlight, let's talk about the new starters, not old ones.

Also, where are people getting flying for chespin from?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

IMPOSTER DITTO-Pm for offers

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Yeah, c'mon. They had their time in spotlight, let's talk about the new starters, not old ones.

Also, where are people getting flying for chespin from?
    It comes from a Logical Leap by assuming that the move it used in the trailer (Aerial Ace) meant that its guaranteed to have flying type.

A flying/grass evolution of chespin oughta get rid of pesky bug types

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    It comes from a Logical Leap by assuming that the move it used in the trailer (Aerial Ace) meant that its guaranteed to have flying type.
    'Guaranteed"?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

IMPOSTER DITTO-Pm for offers

I'm curious about the shiny colors they starters will have. I'm really hoping that Chespin doesn't have the green part be teal, because they do that for almost all the grass starters, and it never looks. good. I personally want it to be gold or red.

Fennekin will either be maroon, or maybe gold. I have a feeling that they may do something weird though. I personally want it to be white, but it probably won't be.

Froakie will probably be green or purple. I'm hoping green.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I'm curious about the shiny colors they starters will have...
    i think it would be cool if the starters shiny colour was the colour of the starter that was super effective towards it.

Fennekin's shiny being a blue type. it would go well with the whole blue fire thing.

Chespin's shiny would be an orangey/yellow colour like the fallen leaves in autumn.

And Froaky's shiny would be a green/brown colour, which doesn't seem to represent anything I can thing of right now haha, well apart from a lot of frog and toad species are a brown/green colour.

For me, the thing I'm most interested to see if the secondary types (if any) for the starters. There is an awesome opportunity to make chespin, grass/steel or grass/rock which are both great typings, and would make rival battles quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    'Guaranteed"?
    Yeah, like whatever move the starter used in the trailer = typing confirmed.

Terrible reasoning IMO.

I hope the starters have signature moves. I mean, I know the Unova starters had them (Leaf Tornado, Heat Crash & Razor Shell), but they weren't really all that useful in-game, like the Hoenn starters' were (Leaf Blade, Blaze Kick & Muddy Water).

Chespin could have something like this:

Name: Needle Slam
    Type: Grass
    Category: Physical
    PP: 10
    BP: 85
    Acc.: 90
    Range: May affect anyone adjacent to the user.
    Text: The user tucks itself into a ball, with it's spikes stood on end. It then launches a roll attack with a high critical-hit ratio. May lower target's Defense (10% chance).

For Fennekin:

Name: Aurous Flame
    Type: Fire
    Category: Special
    PP: 15
    BP: 75
    Acc.: 100
    Range: Affects everyone adjacent to the user, except for allies.
    Text: The user unleashes a shimmering wave of golden fire upon the opposition. It also leaves embers that heal the user by a 1/16th of their max health every turn.

And, last but not least, Froakie's:

Name: Foam Shot
    Type: Water
    Category: Special
    PP: 10
    BP: 70
    Acc.: 95
    Range: May affect anyone adjacent to the user.
    Text: The user spouts forth a powerful blast of foamy water.
    May lower the target's speed (30%).

~The Head Honchkrow~

Quote Originally Posted by The Head Honchkrow View Post
    I hope the starters have signature moves. I mean, I know the Unova starters had them (Leaf Tornado, Heat Crash & Razor Shell), but they weren't really all that useful in-game, like the Hoenn starters' were (Leaf Blade, Blaze Kick & Muddy Water).
    what's even worse is, apart from Heat Crash, the Unova starters' signature move are not exclusive. And even then, Heat Crash should have been not exclusive either, there are few Fire-Types who seems like they should be able to learn the move, Torkoal is a good example of that.

And yes, I know Hoenn starter's signature moves aren't exclusive either, but at least they ARE exclusive at the time they were introduced.....

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Yeah, like whatever move the starter used in the trailer = typing confirmed.

Terrible reasoning IMO.
    Especially since some Grass-Types can learn Aerial Ace anyway, it's not like Chespin is the only one.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

It would be cool if Chespin turned into a flying squirrel type thing, granted we already have one, but nobody likes emolga. I know he's a chipmunk, but he could still grow wings just like charizard somehow sprouted them when it evolved.

Every ounce of reasoning in me says that Finnekin is still going to be a firefighter.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTacos View Post
    Every ounce of reasoning in me says that Finnekin is still going to be a firefighter.
    A fire type... bred and raised to extinguish its own type? What reasoning are you using there?
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    A fire type... bred and raised to extinguish its own type? What reasoning are you using there?
    Umm... he's going to be a murderer? Duh.

Thanks to Rayquaza The First for the awesome banner~

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Haha, well played... well played.

Anyway, I can see Fennekin becoming a pure Fire-type in its evolved forms, for some reason I can't picture its evolutions being dual-typed.

Haha, well played... well played.
    Thank you ^^

Anyway, I can see Fennekin becoming a pure Fire-type in its evolved forms, for some reason I can't picture its evolutions being dual-typed.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Fennekin turns out to be something like Fire and Ground or maybe even Fire and Psychic, or something similar. Maybe even Fire and Rock. I'm not sure if they'll opt for it to just be pure Fire type, but there's no way to be sure at this point.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Page 398 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400401402408448498 ... LastLast