View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 401 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451501 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,025 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #10001
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Brilliant!XD Froakie=frog=amphibian=salamander=dragon would be too cool.
    Charmander>Charizard Much?

    Unless it's a Chinese Dragon, and even though it'd be in-accurate to Europe/France Europe, would be epic!

    If this happens, then;

    Charizard
    European Dragon
    Starter from first game with Asian/Japan-Based region

    ????????
    Asian Dragon
    Starter from first game with Europe/France-Based region.

    An the two are opposing types.

    Pokemon X&Y Episode XXX: Dragon vs. Dragon! Fire vs Water!

    But seriously

    Chespin: Prickly Steel Hedgehog (Perhaps a more Physical Ferrothorn?)

    Fennekin: Serene Ghost Fox/Mystic Fox (I'd luv it and giv it cuddlz!)

    Froakie: Majestic Dragon-Frog (Unique!)

    Unique!

  2. #10002
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Charmander>Charizard Much?

    Unless it's a Chinese Dragon, and even though it'd be in-accurate to Europe/France Europe, would be epic!

    If this happens, then;

    Charizard
    European Dragon
    Starter from first game with Asian/Japan-Based region

    ????????
    Asian Dragon
    Starter from first game with Europe/France-Based region.

    An the two are opposing types.

    Pokemon X&Y Episode XXX: Dragon vs. Dragon! Fire vs Water!

    But seriously

    Chespin: Prickly Steel Hedgehog (Perhaps a more Physical Ferrothorn?)

    Fennekin: Serene Ghost Fox/Mystic Fox (I'd luv it and giv it cuddlz!)

    Froakie: Majestic Dragon-Frog (Unique!)

    Unique!
    While I like the first two, I doubt froakie will be a dragon.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

    My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

  3. #10003
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    376

    Default

    I'm still betting on Froakie being Water/Electric. And I hope Fennekin turns into something disgustingly ugly, it gets way to much love atm.
    Last edited by Sneasel Lover; 25th March 2013 at 8:24 PM.

  4. #10004
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    I'm still betting on Froaki being Water/Electric. And I hope Fennekin turns into something disgustingly ugly, it gets way to much love atm.
    Oh, but Froakie has a lot more chances of turning into something disgustingly ugly than Fennekin. Be careful what you wish for.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  5. #10005
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    I'm still betting on Froaki being Water/Electric. And I hope Fennekin turns into something disgustingly ugly, it gets way to much love atm.
    Your face after I'm done with it: X_X

    Joking! I kinda understand while Fennekin clogs up the limelight, and Froaks and Ches are rejected! But let's face it. GF loves Fire Starters. Because usually their so Kawaii their Cashcows! Otherwise, the vastly unpopular Tepig wouldn't be Ash's Pokemon in the Anime. He'd probably be thrown at Iris or Cilan.

    I hope ash actually f*cking evolves Froakie if it's him who gets it. But yeah, Fennekin Ghost or Psychic would be nice!

  6. #10006
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megaton666 View Post
    Froakie's final evolution will likely look like this:
    That would be perfect, I never liked the designs of the Water-type starters that much, the only one that looks decent is Empoleon. If Froakie ends up like this, it would probably be new favorite Water starter.

  7. #10007
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Oh, but Froakie has a lot more chances of turning into something disgustingly ugly than Fennekin. Be careful what you wish for.
    Not really, nothing about them indicates one thing or the other, they have an equal risk of evolving into something ugly.

  8. #10008
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Your face after I'm done with it: X_X

    Joking! I kinda understand while Fennekin clogs up the limelight, and Froaks and Ches are rejected! But let's face it. GF loves Fire Starters. Because usually their so Kawaii their Cashcows! Otherwise, the vastly unpopular Tepig wouldn't be Ash's Pokemon in the Anime. He'd probably be thrown at Iris or Cilan.

    I hope ash actually f*cking evolves Froakie if it's him who gets it. But yeah, Fennekin Ghost or Psychic would be nice!
    That and people are obessed with foxes for some reason.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

    My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

  9. #10009
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Your face after I'm done with it: X_X

    Joking! I kinda understand while Fennekin clogs up the limelight, and Froaks and Ches are rejected! But let's face it. GF loves Fire Starters. Because usually their so Kawaii their Cashcows! Otherwise, the vastly unpopular Tepig wouldn't be Ash's Pokemon in the Anime. He'd probably be thrown at Iris or Cilan.

    I hope ash actually f*cking evolves Froakie if it's him who gets it. But yeah, Fennekin Ghost or Psychic would be nice!
    Ash have all the starters in Gen V though! But yeah, I see your point, it doesn't help that Fennekin is everybody's favorite animal, a fox, either.

  10. #10010
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    Ash have all the starters in Gen V though! But yeah, I see your point, it doesn't help that Fennekin is everybody's favorite animal, a fox, either.
    And sadly, he'll proabably stay cute the whole way through. I like the first form cute, but fully evolved, especially starters should looks tough. Not something you'd carry in a $50, 000 bag.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

    My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

  11. #10011
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    And sadly, he'll proabably stay cute the whole way through. I like the first form cute, but fully evolved, especially starters should looks tough. Not something you'd carry in a $50, 000 bag.
    I disagree, there is nothing saying that a fully evolved start must look "tough". I prefer something cute than abominations like Charizard, Feraligatr, Emboar, etc. The perfect mix, as far as Fire-type starters go, is something like Typhlosion. It is somewhat big, tough, but it has a pleasing design and can be "cute" at the same time. I hope Fennekin follow Typhlosion's steps and evolves into something that looks strong, but is still beautiful and/or graceful. BUT considering the others Fire-type starters, it is possible that it ends up evolving into something weird, like Charizard, Blaziken and Emboar.

  12. #10012
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post


    I disagree, there is nothing saying that a fully evolved start must look "tough". I prefer something cute than abominations like Charizard, Feraligatr, Emboar, etc. The perfect mix, as far as Fire-type starters go, is something like Typhlosion. It is somewhat big, tough, but it has a pleasing design and can be "cute" at the same time. I hope Fennekin follow Typhlosion's steps and evolves into something that looks strong, but is still beautiful and/or graceful. BUT considering the others Fire-type starters, it is possible that it ends up evolving into something weird, like Charizard, Blaziken and Emboar.
    I don't think they should look cute. Friendly, sure, but not cute. How many full grown animals look cute?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

    My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

  13. #10013
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    I don't think they should look cute. Friendly, sure, but not cute. How many full grown animals look cute?
    A lot. An example: Polar bears are huge, but cute. Also, Pokémon != Animals. Pokémon are Pokémon.

    PS: I thought you would say that by looking at your avatar :P

  14. #10014
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    81

    Default

    I truly want Chespin to be an offensive Grass/Steel type, but I just can't see GF giving the grass starter a double weakness to fire so, alas, I think it will be another Grass/Ground starter like Torterra... I'd be happy with Grass/Rock though, since all we have at the moment is Cradily (imagining Ash's pokedex voice in my mind: "Cradily, the dildo pokemon." :s )

    Friend Code X: 1977 0173 5858 Friend Code White: 4212 4353 3277



  15. #10015
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post


    A lot. An example: Polar bears are huge, but cute. Also, Pokémon != Animals. Pokémon are Pokémon.

    PS: I thought you would say that by looking at your avatar :P
    All starters have been animals. I just can't take a cute full evolution seriously.

    I could say the same about yours, to be fair.

    swedefish: Both rock/steel work for me. Aside from the starter, there isn't many fire pokemon anyways in a game. And starters have had 4x before and were good.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

    My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

  16. #10016
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    I don't think the starter evolutions have to be tough necessarily. There are fully evolved starters like Serperior, Sceptile, Meganium, Blaziken, and Infernape that didn't have traditional "tough" designs, but still were taken seriously. As long as they look mature and like they have reached their full potential, they look fine. It's not like all of them have to look like monsters to have great designs.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  17. #10017
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    All starters have been animals. I just can't take a cute full evolution seriously.

    I could say the same about yours, to be fair.
    Lol, starters aren't animals, they are based on animals. They are Pokémon. The fact you can't take a cute fully evolved seriously doesn't mean it shouldn't be cute. I am exactly the opposite of you as far as this subject go, I can't take ugly Pokémon seriously, but yet the abomination your avatar happened, right?

    And yes, you could, I like cute Pokémon, I am not trying to deny or hide this fact. ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    As long as they look mature and like they have reached their full potential, they look fine.
    This.

  18. #10018
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In a glacier with Kyurem
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Basically, it depends.
    If Chespin's 3rd evolution is grass/rock, then it definitely is Chespin.
    However if it turns out to be just some grass pokemon, then I choose Fennekin.

  19. #10019
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I don't think the starter evolutions have to be tough necessarily. There are fully evolved starters like Serperior, Sceptile, Meganium, Blaziken, and Infernape that didn't have traditional "tough" designs, but still were taken seriously. As long as they look mature and like they have reached their full potential, they look fine. It's not like all of them have to look like monsters to have great designs.
    Yeah, but blaziken/infernape. look like something you wouldn't mess with. Meganium was too girly for me, I want to punch the look off of serperior's face, sceptile was decent. Monsters, no. Samurott was graceful, but still looked tough. I just think they'll go overboard with fennekin's cuteness, even fully evolved, as that seems to be the huge reason people liked it off the bat. It could've been grass, and as long as it looked like that,people would still pick it.

    And the reason I can't take them seriously, is because they look babyish. I don't like all tough pokemon, heck machoke is the only fighting I like, as I think they go overboard with toughness on fighting. Armaldo's friendly looking and I love him. But the eeveelutions, and ones like that look like rat dogs, things you'd give to toddlers or rich ladies. They look less harmless than roadkill.
    Last edited by CrusherTheFeraligatr; 25th March 2013 at 9:14 PM.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

    My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

  20. #10020
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764

    Default

    It's design would be so weird as a Grass type. Greenish Fennekin with... leaves coming out of its ears?

    Anyway, I prefer my pokemon to look graceful, cool, or cute. Things like Zoroark, Espeon, and Typhlosion appeal to me.

    That being said, Fennekin is my first choice solely for its design while Froakie and Chespin are in 2nd and 3rd respectively. I kinda like Froakie's design but Chespin just looks... kinda derpy

  21. #10021
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post


    Lol, starters aren't animals, they are based on animals. They are Pokémon. The fact you can't take a cute fully evolved seriously doesn't mean it shouldn't be cute. I am exactly the opposite of you as far as this subject go, I can't take ugly Pokémon seriously, but yet the abomination your avatar happened, right?

    And yes, you could, I like cute Pokémon, I am not trying to deny or hide this fact. ^^



    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Yeah, but blaziken/infernape. look like something you wouldn't mess with. Meganium was too girly for me, I want to punch the look off of serperior's face, sceptile was decent. Monsters, no. Samurott was graceful, but still looked tough. I just think they'll go overboard with fennekin's cuteness, even fully evolved, as that seems to be the huge reason people liked it off the bat. It could've been grass, and as long as it looked like that,people would still pick it.

    And the reason I can't take them seriously, is because they look babyish. I don't like all tough pokemon, heck machoke is the only fighting I like, as I think they go overboard with toughness on fighting. Armaldo's friendly looking and I love him. But the eeveelutions, and ones like that look like rat dogs, things you'd give to toddlers or rich ladies. They look less harmless than roadkill.
    Both of you are talking crazy.

  22. #10022
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Yeah, but blaziken/infernape. look like something you wouldn't mess with. Meganium was too girly for me, I want to punch the look off of serperior's face, sceptile was decent. Monsters, no. Samurott was graceful, but still looked tough. I just think they'll go overboard with fennekin's cuteness, even fully evolved, as that seems to be the huge reason people liked it off the bat. It could've been grass, and as long as it looked like that,people would still pick it.

    And the reason I can't take them seriously, is because they look babyish. I don't like all tough pokemon, heck machoke is the only fighting I like, as I think they go overboard with toughness on fighting. Armaldo's friendly looking and I love him. But the eeveelutions, and ones like that look like rat dogs, things you'd give to toddlers or rich ladies. They look less harmless than roadkill.
    I personally think it's better that they balance between cute and tough so that everyone can be happy. Fennekin is probably going to evolve to be pretty like Serperior, since it is relatively royal looking. Since Chepin is probably going to be tough and spiney and Froakie is probably going to look tough/smart, I don't see what the problem is if Fennekin isn't tough looking. Not all Pokemon have to look tough at all, in fact, there should be a wide array of cute, tough, pretty, ugly, derpy, and plain Pokemon. It's true that you may not like cute Pokemon, but a lot of people, myself including, don't like tough designs.
    The starters are meant to have the widest appeal out of any Pokemon. Shouldn't we get the choice right from the bat which kind of Pokemon we want to own?
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  23. #10023
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I personally think it's better that they balance between cute and tough so that everyone can be happy. Fennekin is probably going to evolve to be pretty like Serperior, since it is relatively royal looking. Since Chepin is probably going to be tough and spiney and Froakie is probably going to look tough/smart, I don't see what the problem is if Fennekin isn't tough looking. Not all Pokemon have to look tough at all, in fact, there should be a wide array of cute, tough, pretty, ugly, derpy, and plain Pokemon. It's true that you may not like cute Pokemon, but a lot of people, myself including, don't like tough designs.
    The starters are meant to have the widest appeal out of any Pokemon. Shouldn't we get the choice right from the bat which kind of Pokemon we want to own?
    I don't mind if he's cute looking somewhat, just not all cute. I don't hate cute pokemon all together, just don't think starters should be TOTALLY cute. Joltik's adorable and one of my favorites.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

    My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

  24. #10024
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I know Fennekin looks really cute now, but I think they're going to go down the "badass" approach with its' evolution line. I don't know why, I just get that feeling. Kinda like how I thought Turtwig was the most adorable starter from DP but turned into quite the boss lol. I WISH it went into something cuter though. But yeah, back to X and Y. I still think Fennekin will be badass but it's going to be majestic with it haha. Starting to get anxious with Nintendo Direct STILL not releasing any news on any of the new Pokemon, or the starters since Sylveon.
    FC: 3397 1451 6348 ...Shuckle-uckle!!

  25. #10025
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyShuckle View Post
    I know Fennekin looks really cute now, but I think they're going to go down the "badass" approach with its' evolution line. I don't know why, I just get that feeling. Kinda like how I thought Turtwig was the most adorable starter from DP but turned into quite the boss lol. I WISH it went into something cuter though. But yeah, back to X and Y. I still think Fennekin will be badass but it's going to be majestic with it haha. Starting to get anxious with Nintendo Direct STILL not releasing any news on any of the new Pokemon, or the starters since Sylveon.
    We're going to have to wait until april now.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

    My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Page 401 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451501 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •