View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 403 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,075 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I'd like Fennekin's ears to combust! But I mean just the fluff, as long as they make it look right... Unless they unlikely add the Sound-Type, or Soundproof gets another upgrade, I don't want it on my Fenny-wenny! And the tail-tip to combust too!

A sound type just seems so impossible

and I'm one of those that would like a Light type

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    I'd like Fennekin's ears to combust! But I mean just the fluff, as long as they make it look right... Unless they unlikely add the Sound-Type, or Soundproof gets another upgrade, I don't want it on my Fenny-wenny! And the tail-tip to combust too!
    Think of all the 'my ears are burning' joke that could be made.

Also, the new types would cause problems.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    Ya mean like this?

http://leviathyn.com/wp-content/uplo...-evolution.jpg

Maybe with a little more of a bubble cape?
    That's probably my favorite fake froakie evo so far!
    I seen it a while back and none can beat it
    But I see froakie been less humanoid
    I'd like him to stay as animalistic in its evolutions as possible

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    That's probably my favorite fake froakie evo so far!
    I seen it a while back and none can beat it
    But I see froakie been less humanoid
    I'd like him to stay as animalistic in its evolutions as possible
    I see him being a wiser looking politoed.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    A sound type just seems so impossible

and I'm one of those that would like a Light type
    Sound-type is way more "possible" than Light-type, since there are tons of moves and Pokémon related to sound. Still, I don't think any of these types are really needed.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Ugh... Politoed looks awful, I hope IT looks more like that Zelda frog someone posted sometime ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Sound-type is way more "possible" than Light-type, since there are tons of moves and Pokémon related to sound. Still, I don't think any of these types are really needed.
    Same here, it would just mess things up, its fine how it is.

-My younger brother

Really?a frog evolving into a bigger frog?It makes no sense.Obviously,Froakie is a fully developed frog.Wouldn't it make sense to evolve into something...well...different?Like how Dewott,an otter,evolved into a sea lion.

Same thing applies to Chespin...it's a hedgehog---it won't evolve into a bigger hedgehog,it'll evolve into a half hedgehog,half something else like a wolf or god knows what creature.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Same here, it would just mess things up, its fine how it is.
    The best thing GF can do is fix some types, give type advantages to Poison and maybe Bug and some resistances/weaknesses to other types. No reason for creating new types, unless we look to it by a merchandise perspective... A new type would make things "fresh" and could attract more people to the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Same thing applies to Chespin...it's a hedgehog---it won't evolve into a bigger hedgehog,it'll evolve into a half hedgehog,half something else like a wolf or god knows what creature.
    Bear perhaps?

I think froakie may be our first skinny FROG
    The rest are toads, (well politoed isn't counted to me)
    I see him as a skinny swift jumping tree frog
    staying to his tree frog routes
    Also maybe gaining some bright multi colored patterns
    Since tree frogs are so diverse and colorful

I think froakie may be our first skinny FROG
    The rest are toads, (well politoed isn't counted to me)
    I see him as a skinny swift jumping tree frog
    staying to his tree frog routes
    Also maybe gaining some bright multi colored patterns
    Since tree frogs are so diverse and colorful
    Croagunk and Toxicroak are skinny frogs...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Croagunk and Toxicroak are skinny frogs...
    Yeah I thought to count them
    But they don't scream Im a frog, I didn't know at first until I read it when checking its evolution level.. Only then I saw the frog in them

I can see Froakie becoming an asian dragon...Water/Flying or Water/Electric.Asian dragons are asociated with water...mostly ponds or rivers...it would be cool to see a frog become a dragon.6th gen's equivalent of Charizard.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

On the note of Froakie's evolution, I think that it could evolve into a bipedal Salamander. They are in the same class as amphibians, so I don't see why not.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Quote Originally Posted by Specter Vyle View Post
    On the note of Froakie's evolution, I think that it could evolve into a bipedal Salamander. They are in the same class as amphibians, so I don't see why not.
    Yup...my thoughts exactly.And them it could get all majestic and dragon like...something like this http://www.angelfire.com/anime3/Dave...azulongmon.jpg
    Last edited by Nacreous; 25th March 2013 at 11:53 PM.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

That would be cool

We already have Charmander/Charmeleon, starters that are based on salamanders, though. Of course, that doesn't mean Froakie can't evolve into one...

I personally think it will remain as frog in its evolutions, mostly because of that foam thing.

If froakie were to be dragon like evolution
    I would live to see it as something like Haku/Spirit of the Kohaku River in the film spirited away!
    Long, slim but more reptile looking and having foam surrounding/wrapping it.

(If somebody could post a pic of haku for me, I can't right now)

If froakie were to be dragon like evolution
    I would live to see it as something like Haku/Spirit of the Kohaku River in the film spirited away!
    Long, slim but more reptile looking and having foam surrounding/wrapping it.

(If somebody could post a pic of haku for me, I can't right now)
    Here you go http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...pwso1_1280.jpg

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

I'm upset... Once again, people wants Fennekin or Chespin to be the fastest starter. I always thought that Water starter were putting appart, in the perfect middle between Grass, who usually represents "large" and "defensive" and Fire, who represents "agile" and "powerful". I've check out the final form of the starter of each region and I discovered by myself the order of speed ...
    Generation I - Charizard with 100, Venusaur with 80 and Blastoise with 78.
    Generation II - Typhlosion with 100, Meganium with 80 and Feraligatr with 78.
    Generation III - Sceptile with 120, Blaziken with 80 and Swampert with 60.
    Generation IV - Infernape with 108, Empoleon with 60 and Torterra with 56.
    Generation V - Serperior with 113, Samurott with 70 and Emboar with 65.
    Water starters never got through the first place of the fastest starter and, even if Froakie isn't my favorite this time, I'm hoping of a faster Water starter.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Yup...my thoughts exactly.And them it could get all majestic and dragon like...something like this http://www.angelfire.com/anime3/Dave...azulongmon.jpg
    Yes, and Fennekin will evolve into an elephant.

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    I'm upset... Once again, people wants Fennekin or Chespin to be the fastest starter. I always thought that Water starter were putting appart, in the perfect middle between Grass, who usually represents "large" and "defensive" and Fire, who represents "agile" and "powerful". I've check out the final form of the starter of each region and I discovered by myself the order of speed ...
    Water starters never got through the first place of the fastest starter and, even if Froakie isn't my favorite this time, I'm hoping of a faster Water starter.
    It looks like it'll be fast. maybe not as fast as fennekin, but I can see it being second. I really doubt chespin will be speedy. Fully evolved, I'm guessing 65.

I want a porcupine, but a bear would be all right. It'd be an interesting twist.

-My younger brother

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Good observations. The stat lineage of Speed for the starters almost seem like it's trying to go into some kind of pattern. Honestly, I think this gen. will change things up a bit. Froakie(1) in Speed, Fennekin(2), and Chespin(3), all loosely based off of physique.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    Yes, and Fennekin will evolve into an elephant.
    Why is it such a big deal?It's a frog.Frogs are related to salamanders and salamanders are basically dragons>.>

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

It looks like it'll be fast. maybe not as fast as fennekin, but I can see it being second. I really doubt chespin will be speedy. Fully evolved, I'm guessing 65.

I want a porcupine, but a bear would be all right. It'd be an interesting twist.
    You see, I could place Fennekin as the middle one. Look at Blaziken, 80 of speed isn't bad. For this generation, I'm wishing something like...

Generation VI - Froakie around 90 to 105, Fennekin aroung 70 to 85 and Chespin around 65 to 75.
    Good observations. The stat lineage of Speed for the starters almost seem like it's trying to go into some kind of pattern. Honestly, I think this gen. will change things up a bit. Froakie(1) in Speed, Fennekin(2), and Chespin(3), all loosely based off of physique.
    Like I said.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 26th March 2013 at 12:58 AM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Page 403 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503 ... LastLast