View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 410 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420460510 ... LastLast
Results 10,226 to 10,250 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #10226
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    We didn't know the Gen 5 starter evolutions until sometime in mid-August which was about a fortnight before the game and it was leaked rather than an official reveal. In fact, iirc Ninty took legal action against the leaker in question. It's still possible, but expect something more like September.
    And do remind we didn't know the Gen 4 starter evolutions at all before the games were released.

    There's no way to tell if they will even be revealed beforehand this time.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  2. #10227
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    But it's fake, so it won't be close at all.

    I hope we get the starter evolutions in april coro for having to wait two months with no new info at all.
    Just because its fake, doesn't mean it can't be close to what it really will be. A lot of fan art could be close, or pretty spot on.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

  3. #10228
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    And do remind we didn't know the Gen 4 starter evolutions at all before the games were released.

    There's no way to tell if they will even be revealed beforehand this time.
    I would like them to break the mould this time and reveal the starters before the game, even if it is the final piece of news before release. I can never decide on which starter to choose based upon its first evo alone but I'd like to pick this up near or at launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  4. #10229
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Just because its fake, doesn't mean it can't be close to what it really will be. A lot of fan art could be close, or pretty spot on.
    Exactly, while this one is rather terrible, it could end up being similar. This looks quite a bit like decpictions of the mythological Yatsufusa.
    Designs have been based off of mythology quite a number of times so, a similar design is very very possible.
    Insert witty catchphrase here.

  5. #10230
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    I can never decide on which starter to choose based upon its first evo alone but I'd like to pick this up near or at launch.
    Ehh...I'd rather not know. I spoiled everything for myself with Gen V and I didn't feel good about it afterwards.
    That's why I'm only reading info that's on the official site this time around.

    Man, I can't wait to start an adventure with Fennekin and not know what the flip it's gonna evolve into!
    It's gonna be...


    ~The Head Honchkrow~
    Last edited by The Head Honchkrow; 28th March 2013 at 10:48 PM.

    A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

  6. #10231
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    146

    Default

    As far as evolutions go, the only one I'm reasonably confident speculating about is Froakie.

    What with its soap-bubble (maybe frog eggs?) glasses, I'm expecting some kind of witch/wizard Pokemon, along the lines of Mismagius and Murkrow (maybe with a beard of frog eggs, making it look like a Surinam or Midwife Toad). Maybe part Psychic-type, definitely a special attacker. Probably with access to Magic Coat, and maybe Magical Leaf could be an egg move, as it's not exactly exclusive to Grass-types.
    Last edited by danburite3; 30th March 2013 at 7:31 AM.

  7. #10232
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,791

    Default

    I hope the starters for this generation have niche uses instead of being balanced or something. Chespin can be physically-oriented or have high defense/sp. defense. Froakie can be specially-oriented or have high attack/sp. attack. Chespin can have high speed and endurance (HP).

    breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

  8. #10233
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    I wonder why people believe this things are real or even this one
    I know it is fake, but I think it looks kind of cool.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

  9. #10234
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I think I'd choose Froakie or Chespin. I'm pivoting between the two at the moment, so I think I'll pick one for one game the other for the other game. :P

  10. #10235
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    Yeah Chespin has 50 more votes then Froakie

    At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

  11. #10236
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    Yeah Chespin has 50 more votes then Froakie
    And Fennekin has 292 more then Chespin!

    Finally... The Fennekin Army Plan Stage 1 is in full swing!

    342 more then Froakie. Poor thing. He's underrated!

    Anyway, I'm putting my money on Fennekin being Fire/Psychic or Fire/Ghost, but the other two are so hard to guess about!

  12. #10237
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Wow!
    Froakie is 342 votes less than Fennekin
    I guess I have the opposite taste to everyone who has voted as my favorite is froakie, second is Chespin and third is fennekin
    Poor little froakie, I have a dealing it will be like oshawott and get a awesome design for its last evolution and actually ALL of them have designs that don't scream a type!
    Look at snivy it had that smug little pretty look and it didn't go psychic
    I think people are really just caught up in their own wishful thinking
    All starters could go anyway! Look at oshawott and tepig, nobody would have guessed emboar and samurott


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  13. #10238
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Wow!
    Froakie is 342 votes less than Fennekin
    I guess I have the opposite taste to everyone who has voted as my favorite is froakie, second is Chespin and third is fennekin
    Poor little froakie, I have a dealing it will be like oshawott and get a awesome design for its last evolution and actually ALL of them have designs that don't scream a type!
    Look at snivy it had that smug little pretty look and it didn't go psychic
    I think people are really just caught up in their own wishful thinking
    All starters could go anyway! Look at oshawott and tepig, nobody would have guessed emboar and samurott
    Even though I want to shoot you for having Fenn as your last favourite, I agree in the fact Froakie is underrated.

    I hope Froakie's clouds are implemented. Maybe as a Karate Belt (and stylish beard!) if it's a Fighting-Type? I'd like it to look like a b*dass sensei!

  14. #10239
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Even though I want to shoot you for having Fenn as your last favourite, I agree in the fact Froakie is underrated.

    I hope Froakie's clouds are implemented. Maybe as a Karate Belt (and stylish beard!) if it's a Fighting-Type? I'd like it to look like a b*dass sensei!
    I'd say froakie has the mos at open design, nearly any type would fit it
    also
    Look at how people taught the starters would go last time round
    Snivy = a long elegant serpent (more or less right)
    Tepig = a quadrupedal boar with emphasis on tusks and tail (wrong)
    Oshawott = a bipedal fighting type with a humanoid build (wrong)

    We really can't guess
    And I really like that
    I'm looking forward to seeing what they evolve into!
    Love having the mystery of it all....


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  15. #10240
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I'd say froakie has the mos at open design, nearly any type would fit it
    also
    Look at how people taught the starters would go last time round
    Snivy = a long elegant serpent (more or less right)
    Tepig = a quadrupedal boar with emphasis on tusks and tail (wrong)
    Oshawott = a bipedal fighting type with a humanoid build (wrong)

    We really can't guess
    And I really like that
    I'm looking forward to seeing what they evolve into!
    Love having the mystery of it all....
    Emboar was dissapointing.... Samurott was pretty dissapointing Type-Wise.

    But I agree. Froakie is very very hard to guess. But I think the foam may be important.

    EDIT: I'd like Froakie is Quadruped. I mean all our other Frogs are Bipedal. And Fennekin Quadruped. All our Final Fire Starters are Bipedal in their Sprites! (Though Typhlosion can go on all fours!) Chespin be bipedal please :P You'd look so good as an assassin-hog :P
    Last edited by MidnightFennekin; 1st April 2013 at 11:19 AM.

  16. #10241
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Yes the mystery is delightful! I hope they don't focus on the little white thing on Froakie's face...it is unneeded but the fact that it is there without any reason makes me wonder if it could influence Froakie's future...?
    Quote Originally Posted by DX 2401PT View Post
    Groudon: "Hey, hey, hey, hey, HEY! Stop tearing apart the land that I JUST created! What's wrong with you?!"
    Regigigas: "I'LL DO WHAT I WANT!"

  17. #10242
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    Yes the mystery is delightful! I hope they don't focus on the little white thing on Froakie's face...it is unneeded but the fact that it is there without any reason makes me wonder if it could influence Froakie's future...?
    Yeah his glasses (what I call them)
    Seem to make him appear smart, I'm hoping that they don't go overboard with his foam and loose the actual frog behind it all....

    ______

    Who do you all think will be this generations marketable cutey pokemon like oshawott
    My first guess would be Chespin but I see him not been as silly/proud more funny
    Fennekin will be the snivy
    Froakie seems very open could be smart, comedic or anything really


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  18. #10243
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Yeah his glasses (what I call them)
    Seem to make him appear smart, I'm hoping that they don't go overboard with his foam and loose the actual frog behind it all....

    ______

    Who do you all think will be this generations marketable cutey pokemon like oshawott
    My first guess would be Chespin but I see him not been as silly/proud more funny
    Fennekin will be the snivy
    Froakie seems very open could be smart, comedic or anything really
    Yes to Anime Fennekin being a Snivy clone! Snivy was epic But without Fennekin having attract, and just using natural cuteness.

    But seriously, If Froakie is Pure Water, I will freak. Not seriously, that'd be reserved for a Pure or Fire/Fighting Fennekin.

  19. #10244
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Yes to Anime Fennekin being a Snivy clone! Snivy was epic But without Fennekin having attract, and just using natural cuteness.

    But seriously, If Froakie is Pure Water, I will freak. Not seriously, that'd be reserved for a Pure or Fire/Fighting Fennekin.
    Not a Fire/Fighting Fennekin please...

    They should have given Samurott Fighting...now they have another chance with Froakie, who looks as if it used Close Combat in the trailer.
    Quote Originally Posted by DX 2401PT View Post
    Groudon: "Hey, hey, hey, hey, HEY! Stop tearing apart the land that I JUST created! What's wrong with you?!"
    Regigigas: "I'LL DO WHAT I WANT!"

  20. #10245
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    Not a Fire/Fighting Fennekin please...

    They should have given Samurott Fighting...now they have another chance with Froakie, who looks as if it used Close Combat in the trailer.
    Yup, instead of wasting it on Emboar. And that did look like Close Wombat.... Or Acrobatics.

    My guesses for starters:

    Chespin: Bipedal
    Fennekin: Quadruped
    Froakie: Can go on all Fours or on two (like Swampert)

  21. #10246
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    Now they have another chance with Froakie, who looks as if it used Close Combat in the trailer.
    The move Froakie used looks more like Acrobatics or even Quick Attack. I am pretty sure they would put symbols of punches and/or kicks in the new animation of Close Combat.

  22. #10247
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Yup, instead of wasting it on Emboar. And that did look like Close Wombat.... Or Acrobatics.

    My guesses for starters:

    Chespin: Bipedal
    Fennekin: Quadruped
    Froakie: Can go on all Fours or on two (like Swampert)
    lol wombat xD

    My guess is
    Chespin: Bipedal razor sharp like Excadrill
    Fennekin: Quadrupedal Psychic Magical Mystifying Fox like a Modern Kitsune
    Froakie: Quadrupedal moustachio'd grandpa who is a Veteran Fighter like Conkeldurr
    Quote Originally Posted by DX 2401PT View Post
    Groudon: "Hey, hey, hey, hey, HEY! Stop tearing apart the land that I JUST created! What's wrong with you?!"
    Regigigas: "I'LL DO WHAT I WANT!"

  23. #10248
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    lol wombat xD

    My guess is
    Chespin: Bipedal razor sharp like Excadrill
    Fennekin: Quadrupedal Psychic Magical Mystifying Fox like a Modern Kitsune
    Froakie: Quadrupedal moustachio'd grandpa who is a Veteran Fighter like Conkeldurr
    Well if were doing this
    Then my guess:
    Chespin: Bipedal, either a ninja or bulky defence tank
    Fennekin: quad, but not as magical as people are excepting I see it as a more fierce looking fox instead of a ninetails copy
    Froakie: multi (like swampert), just been a slim tree frog with bright coloring and a trail made of foam just wrapping around him much like altarias wings

    But I can't say for sure since I have TOO MANY ideas for each of them
    Like I'll name 3 for each:
    Chespin:
    ninja, a long cloack like (shell?) With a hood and trowing razors from its head
    tank, a big bulky excradril like appearance with a mace on its tail and many spikes
    quadruped furret like body along with its spiky shell and a poisonous flower at the end
    Froakie:
    King, a crown along with beard and clock made of foam
    Wizard, a kind of old fat toad with psychic abilities, sits on foam
    Long poisonous tree frog/ salamander cross with foamy trails
    Fennekin:
    Mystic, like nine tails....
    Fighting, like lucario or Meinshao
    A big house cat type appearance stuck up and smug like purugly

    Its just some of many
    Its my way of showing that these starters have so many routes to go!
    And could be anything
    These are not my favorite design ideas but it shows it...

    ____

    My hopes would be:
    Froakie becomes a long poisonous slim and fast tree frog gains poison type
    Fennekin becomes a long hair covered fierce looking feline gains no other type
    Chespin becomes a defensive spike covered armadillo with a mace for a tail gains ground type
    Last edited by adamfitz; 1st April 2013 at 12:23 PM.


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  24. #10249
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    I can really see chespin becoming a kind of Robin Hood like pokemon...
    Fennekin I'm guessing will just be like an elegant fire fox...
    Froakie could possibly be a sumo? Or a wise elder pokemon

    I'd really like one of the starters to have a giant evolution though, like onix sized or something

    <-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

    Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

  25. #10250
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I can really see chespin becoming a kind of Robin Hood like pokemon...
    Fennekin I'm guessing will just be like an elegant fire fox...
    Froakie could possibly be a sumo? Or a wise elder pokemon

    I'd really like one of the starters to have a giant evolution though, like onix sized or something
    for froakie i see him more like toxicroak but maybe a little more muscle because for some reason everyone is against froakie being "lanky"

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Page 410 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420460510 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •