View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 418 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428468518 ... LastLast
Results 10,426 to 10,450 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Where does he learn rock slide in gen II?
    Silly you, it gets it by breeding!

Ninja'd..

Oh, and before anybody gets me on: "You can't beat Clair with a Feraligatr with Rock Slide because Larvitar can only be captured post-Kanto!": Link Cable TRADE FTW!
    Last edited by Locormus; 4th April 2013 at 5:06 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Breed it with a Tyranitar in GSC.
    Ah. Thanks.

I guess, but everybody does it, so its all right.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My drilbur in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post

Ninja'd..

Oh, and before anybody gets me on: "You can't beat Clair with a Feraligatr with Rock Slide because Larvitar can only be captured post-Kanto!": Link Cable TRADE FTW!
    I think all of that just to get an OK meganium is pointless when you could just pick todadile who will become a great companion from the start. You have to trade larvatar from a link cable and then breed them and then hatch the egg to get a decent chikorita , so IMO just pick one of the other two.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y
    Yveltal= new ability "backdraft" user cast a windstorm that heils from behind,increases speed of allies because wind is with your team.
    Xerneas =new ability "Psy Scope" user casts a scope like veil that increases the teams accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post

Ninja'd..

Dang, you're lucky, we never had a trade cable for gsc.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

My drilbur in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Dang, you're lucky, we never had a trade cable for gsc.
    Exactly so it's a pointless topic lol, clear choice is feraligatr

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y
    Yveltal= new ability "backdraft" user cast a windstorm that heils from behind,increases speed of allies because wind is with your team.
    Xerneas =new ability "Psy Scope" user casts a scope like veil that increases the teams accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisHD View Post
    Exactly so it's a pointless topic lol, clear choice is feraligatr
    The clear choice between anything is feraligatr, you silly person.

Anyways, What legends/stories, etc, do you guys think the starters will be based of off, excluding the animals?

-My younger brother

Anyways, What legends/stories, etc, do you guys think the starters will be based of off, excluding the animals?
    Merlin and King Arthur! Maybe Chespin become the 'knight' and Grass/Rock type with a little shield and thangs,
    Fennekin/Froakie becoming Merlin and thus becoming half Psychic.
    Not sure where that leaves the other Starter though, any suggestions?
    #WHATAREYOUSAYIN'?

Quote Originally Posted by joshieeezee View Post
    Merlin and King Arthur! Maybe Chespin become the 'knight' and Grass/Rock type with a little shield and thangs,
    Fennekin/Froakie becoming Merlin and thus becoming half Psychic.
    Not sure where that leaves the other Starter though, any suggestions?
    I see froakie becoming merlin, following that train of thought. A thief for fennekin? His ear hair wrap around to make a cloak?

-My younger brother

Chespin's leaves will ( obvious) grow

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

I see froakie becoming merlin, following that train of thought. A thief for fennekin? His ear hair wrap around to make a cloak?
    Yeah, that would fit well and maybe becoming half Dark type?
    #WHATAREYOUSAYIN'?

Yeah, that would fit well and maybe becoming half Dark type?
    Could see that.

I hope chespin's leaves/spines grow. Hopefully down his back.

-My younger brother

I hope chespin's leaves/spines grow. Hopefully down his back.
    Just not too much like Sandslash. Maybe forming a hood like an assassin?
    #WHATAREYOUSAYIN'?

Just not too much like Sandslash. Maybe forming a hood like an assassin?
    Personally, I'm hoping for it to be kinda like sandslash. But if the do an assassin/knight well, I might still use him.

-My younger brother

I strongly believe that the Fennekin line will have an Arabian theme incorporated into it's designs, the evidence for which you can read about in my sig link.
    Exactly what from Arabia, however, eludes me. It could based on an Arabic dancer, as I seem to remember someone saying that the white part of Fennekin's face resembles the veil they typically wear., but I'm not entirely sure.

For Froakie, I really want them to go in the dorobou (Japanese burglar) direction a la this fan-design, but it's not likely, as I don't see them doing a Dark-type starter. He could, however, become a wizard sort-of character, like other people have said.

Chespin is the one I'm least sure on. He could become an armadillo-esque creature, like this design, or a boxer, like this one.
    I just don't know...

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

Quote Originally Posted by The Head Honchkrow View Post
    I strongly believe that the Fennekin line will have an Arabian theme incorporated into it's designs, the evidence for which you can read about in my sig link.
    Exactly what from Arabia, however, eludes me. It could based on an Arabic dancer, as I seem to remember someone saying that the white part of Fennekin's face resembles the veil they typically wear., but I'm not entirely sure.

For Froakie, I really want them to go in the dorobou (Japanese burglar) direction a la this fan-design, but it's not likely, as I don't see them doing a Dark-type starter. He could, however, become a wizard sort-of character, like other people have said.

Chespin is the one I'm least sure on. He could become an armadillo-esque creature, like this design, or a boxer, like this one.
    I just don't know...

~The Head Honchkrow~
    The froakie burglar one is original. That'd be cool to see.

-My younger brother

I want the Poison type to be super effective on Water type pkmn...so that Fennekin could become Fire/Poison.

Water has only two weaknesses and most of the water pkmn are very defensive...a weakness to Poison would balance stuff and Poison type attacks would become much more useful.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I want the Poison type to be super effective on Water type pkmn...so that Fennekin could become Fire/Poison.

Water has only two weaknesses and most of the water pkmn are very defensive...a weakness to Poison would balance stuff and Poison type attacks would become much more useful.
    Don't poison pokemon have only two weaknesses? Making bug weak to it would make more sense.

-My younger brother

In biology class today we watched a film about desert animals and how they individually adapt to survive the temperatures. There was one segment with two fennec fox cubs that were playing around at night chasing each other and other animals. They were adorable and now I want to choose Fennekin, but the other two as well. I want them all.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    In biology class today we watched a film about desert animals and how they individually adapt to survive the temperatures. There was one segment with two fennec fox cubs that were playing around at night chasing each other and other animals. They were adorable and now I want to choose Fennekin, but the other two as well. I want them all.
    They are pretty cute. They don't tend to stay that way.

-My younger brother

Don't poison pokemon have only two weaknesses? Making bug weak to it would make more sense.
    Why?Why would bugs be extra-weak to poison?

water makes more sense...it's one of the more priviledged types along Fighting,Ground and Steel.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Why?Why would bugs be extra-weak to poison?

water makes more sense...it's one of the more priviledged types along Fighting,Ground and Steel.
    We kill bugs with poison?

Just because they have only a few weaknesses makes them privileged? There are a lot of powerful flying, psychic, fighting, and fire moves. Ground has water, grass, and ice. most of those moves are special and they pretty much all have horrible sp def.

-My younger brother

Oh and Normal should just be left without anything to hit?

We kill bugs with poison?

Just because they have only a few weaknesses makes them privileged? There are a lot of powerful flying, psychic, fighting, and fire moves. Ground has water, grass, and ice. most of those moves are special and they pretty much all have horrible sp def.
    We kill humans with poison too...

anywho...this is really off topic.Poison SE against Water would be great and Fennekin evolving into a Fire/Poison type based on deadly radiation would be even better^^

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

They are pretty cute. They don't tend to stay that way.
    You crazy, son?

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

Quote Originally Posted by The Head Honchkrow View Post
    You crazy, son?

~The Head Honchkrow~
    I just died from extreme kawaii exposure!!

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

Page 418 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428468518 ... LastLast