View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 424 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428434474524 ... LastLast
Results 10,576 to 10,600 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Swagga09 View Post
    I hope The fire one doesn't end up being fire/fighting
    I want Fennekin to be Fire/Fighting. Plus the typing isn't that overused, hell we had nine Grass/Poison types in gen one.

There was a list posted. Not sure if it was april fools or whatever. I really loved the idea of Fennekin's final form being a sphinx like creature. Sphinox is the oppisite, being vastly different to Fennekin. As the name implies it starts to look like a Sphinx, it's fur becomes a light orange/beige colour giving it a somewhat rock like apperence and the orange parts darken and it's expression is, how do you discribe that, similar to Serpeior.

Would be cool! http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/6094...-thread/19.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    There was a list posted. Not sure if it was april fools or whatever. I really loved the idea of Fennekin's final form being a sphinx like creature. Sphinox is the oppisite, being vastly different to Fennekin. As the name implies it starts to look like a Sphinx, it's fur becomes a light orange/beige colour giving it a somewhat rock like apperence and the orange parts darken and it's expression is, how do you discribe that, similar to Serpeior.

Would be cool! http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/6094...-thread/19.htm
    If Fennekin is going to evole into a sphinx-like Pokemon, it could be a Fire/Ground Type Pokemon, couldn't it?
    Last edited by Fruty Sheep; 8th April 2013 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Flower View Post
    If Fennekin is going to evole into a sphinx-like Pokemon, it could be a Fire/Ground Type Pokemon, couldn't it?
    I would think so. Makes more sense than Fire/Psychic, if it does end up becoming Sphinx like.

^ Or fire psychic? Personally I would like both. Fire psychic is more likely. Fire ghost would be amazing also. Only the Litwick line currently shares it.

^ Or fire psychic? Personally I would like both. Fire psychic is more likely. Fire ghost would be amazing also. Only the Litwick line currently shares it.
    Fir/Ghost would be amazing! With seperior stats and better defensive moves like confuse ray, hex, and will-o-wisp
    Current White 2 Team

Signature edited due to Rule Breaking- check this: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=430446

Fire/Ghost Type? I could be interesting, but I don't think. Can we talk a bit more about Chespin or Froakie? Fennekin is winning and if it is because of its looks I will get a bit annoyed. Just a bit, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Flower View Post
    Fire/Ghost Type? I could be interesting, but I don't think. Can we talk a bit more about Chespin or Froakie? Fennekin is winning and if it is because of its looks I will get a bit annoyed. Just a bit, but still.
    I love Fennekin the most because it is so cute and I see it evolving into something awesome. I dont care for Chespin and Froakie much. I want to see if the last evolution of Fennekin will replace Empoleon as my favourite Fully evolved starter.

I love Fennekin the most because it is so cute and I see it evolving into something awesome. I dont care for Chespin and Froakie much. I want to see if the last evolution of Fennekin will replace Empoleon as my favourite Fully evolved starter.
    This may be trite, but I don't care for Fenniken's ginormous head. Chespin looks like a Pokemon I could bring into the woods and just sit around all day <3

On a more important note, Claire, you uhh, really oughtta think about a skirt, or shorts, or something.
    white 1: under construction

white 2 FC: 4513 9737 5496

Chespin Face master race.

Fennekin has a nice first form, but being a quadruped, I don't see it having a great evolution. Froakie is too nerdy for my tastes.

Fennekin has a nice first form, but being a quadruped, I don't see it having a great evolution. Froakie is too nerdy for my tastes.
    I think Fennekin will have a pretty good evolution. Its the only 4 legged fire starter type in ages. Typhlosion stood on 2 legs really, so Fennekin is the ONLY one. It should turn out pretty nice.

Froakie may end up being REALLY cool or just lame. i don't know. I think its up in the air on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxcat View Post
    I think Fennekin will have a pretty good evolution. Its the only 4 legged fire starter type in ages. Typhlosion stood on 2 legs really, so Fennekin is the ONLY one. It should turn out pretty nice.

Froakie may end up being REALLY cool or just lame. i don't know. I think its up in the air on that one.
    I agree about Fennekin it's the first 4 legged start in a while and they should keep it on 4 legs as it evolves.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y
    Yveltal= new ability "backdraft" user cast a windstorm that heils from behind,increases speed of allies because wind is with your team.
    Xerneas =new ability "Psy Scope" user casts a scope like veil that increases the teams accuracy.

Most quadrupeds tend to get screwed on movepool. See Ninetales, Zebstrika, Meganium. Not having access to hand-like limbs tends to screw over Pokemon, so unless Fennekin either pulls a Zoroark and stands up or gets access to crazy psychic powers when it evolves, I'm not counting on it having the most expansive movepool ever.

It's in this awkward situation where it seems like it'll go special-based, but its combination of body type and typing seems like it will restrict its movepool a lot. Hopefully they'll give some Pulse moves or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Most quadrupeds tend to get screwed on movepool. See Ninetales, Zebstrika, Meganium. Not having access to hand-like limbs tends to screw over Pokemon, so unless Fennekin either pulls a Zoroark and stands up or gets access to crazy psychic powers when it evolves, I'm not counting on it having the most expansive movepool ever.

It's in this awkward situation where it seems like it'll go special-based, but its combination of body type and typing seems like it will restrict its movepool a lot. Hopefully they'll give some Pulse moves or something.
    Hmm a good point it rather does complicate the move pool being on 4 legs, but I guess we will see when more news regarding fennekin emerges.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y
    Yveltal= new ability "backdraft" user cast a windstorm that heils from behind,increases speed of allies because wind is with your team.
    Xerneas =new ability "Psy Scope" user casts a scope like veil that increases the teams accuracy.

That may be, but since it is a starter i dont think they'd really do that. But GameFreak is capable of MANY things.

That may be, but since it is a starter i dont think they'd really do that.
    They've screwed over Chikorita and Snivy. I see no reason why they wouldn't screw over Fennekin.

They've screwed over Chikorita and Snivy.
    Those are grass types. they tend to get the short end of the stick sometimes, however annoying it may get.

They've screwed over Chikorita and Snivy. I see no reason why they wouldn't screw over Fennekin.
    One can only hope they have learned not to do that after 5 generations going on to the 6th.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y

what if froakie will be water fight type? :O

i don't see how snivy got screwed over movepool wise
    it's the perfect moveset to abuse his DW ability contrary
    anyways i don't really want fennekin to be quadruped anyways but if he was i don't think they would screw him over just because he walks on four legs

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i don't see how snivy got screwed over movepool wise
    it's the perfect moveset to abuse his DW ability contrary
    anyways i don't really want fennekin to be quadruped anyways but if he was i don't think they would screw him over just because he walks on four legs
    wait wait wait what
    All Snivy has is Leaf Tornado+ HP Ice/Rock. Subsitute and Leech Seed maybe but then it has the coverage of a rock.

And Fennekin? When has Gamefreak made quadrupeds that evolve into bipeds, and even so, how would being quadruped be a hinderance in any way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Alternatively, the Pokemon fandom is on a whole entirely unable to be pleased, and no matter what Game Freak does, a loud minority will always ***** about how they could have done it better. :P

Fun with SI prefixes:

What do you call a 2000 g. mockingbird?

2 kilo Mockingbird

That pun was like 1 trillion bulls: terra-bull

Quote Originally Posted by ninjanerd View Post
    wait wait wait what
    All Snivy has is Leaf Tornado+ HP Ice/Rock. Subsitute and Leech Seed maybe but then it has the coverage of a rock.

And Fennekin? When has Gamefreak made quadrupeds that evolve into bipeds, and even so, how would being quadruped be a hinderance in any way?
    Uhh... Tepig. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Froakin' Koga View Post
    Fir/Ghost would be amazing! With seperior stats and better defensive moves like confuse ray, hex, and will-o-wisp
    IMO Fire/Psychic is better, especially if Chespin and Froakie would be Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting repectively.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post
    IMO Fire/Psychic is better, especially if Chespin and Froakie would be Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting repectively.
    I think the move that fennekin used in the trailer was growl, but I'm hopeing for psychic, but most likely fire/ground because fennekin foxes live in the desert.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisHD View Post
    I think the move that fennekin used in the trailer was growl, but I'm hopeing for psychic, but most likely fire/ground because fennekin foxes live in the desert.
    It wasn't Growl because it caused damage to Kirlia...

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Page 424 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428434474524 ... LastLast