View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 429 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529 ... LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,725 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NoDice View Post
    I have been tossing around the idea of grabbing a 3DS XL just so I can DL the game at midnight on it and get a cartridge to use with my old 3DS... and getting all 3 to start with! Speaking of 3DS- does anyone know if I can transfer my DL stuff to my new one if I upgrade?

- A lil off topic but, looks like nothing new was in Corocoro? Since we havent seen anything leaked by now- Im just assuming...
    well it hasn't even leaked yet
    just the cover so we don't know yet

Does Corocoro always leak before a pokemon anouncement?

Oh ok- wasnt sure as I havent really scanned ALL of the current topics to see. We should just have a Corocoro topic in this sub forum (like the Pokemon Smash one).

EDIT @ onyx: Corocoro has pretty much been the place to get all new info on the Pokemon games in the past (aside from Smash/Sunday) and if the street date is the 15th and the issue leaks before that with new info- all MAIN Pokemon sites will be updated (from what I can tell with the X/Y trend so far) on the 15th as well. But we will see....
    3DS Friend Code:
    1590-4688-8478
    Add me for Friend Safari!
    Send a PM with your Friend Code to confirm!

Oh ok- wasnt sure as I havent really scanned ALL of the current topics to see. We should just have a Corocoro topic in this sub forum (like the Pokemon Smash one).
    if you feel that way ask the moderator from this section
    but that would be nice so people aren't always off topic

@ noDice: thank you

Maybe we'll be surprised with some good news when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    if you feel that way ask the moderator from this section
    but that would be nice so people aren't always off topic
    Hmmm, I think I will do that. Seeing as how we have 4 or 5 more Corocoros until launch- it may be a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyxcat View Post
    @ noDice: thank you

Maybe we'll be surprised with some good news when it comes out.
    Youre welcome! And I am hoping so. I havent had any interest in anything shown so far besides the starters and initial game play trailer.
    3DS Friend Code:
    1590-4688-8478

Hmmm, I think I will do that. Seeing as how we have 4 or 5 more Corocoros until launch- it may be a good idea.

Youre welcome! And I am hoping so. I havent had any interest in anything shown so far besides the starters and initial game play trailer.
    Same here. They really need to show something that has a universal appeal. Mewthree really didn't cut it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxcat View Post
    Same here. They really need to show something that has a universal appeal. Mewthree really didn't cut it for me.
    Yeah, Im not too big on "Uber" legendaries as it is, and their appearances are always really complex and outlandish (although Xerneus is actually decent to me).
    3DS Friend Code:
    1590-4688-8478

Yeah, Im not too big on "Uber" legendaries as it is, and their appearances are always really complex and outlandish (although Xerneus is actually decent to me).
    You have to admit that the new legendaries are awesome.I've always disliked legendaries in general but these have something really interesting about them.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Froakie looks to me like some kind of frog pokemon and seeing that Froakie rhymes with Croakie, a word that seems more than remotely similar to Croak, I think that the inference seems to support itself. So then, if it is a frog pokemon, our 4th frog pokemon, I am interested to see how it will go. We already have Seismitoad, Croagunk, and Politoed, and 2 of those are water. I am hoping that they don't do another Water + Ground frog, and I really don't think they would. So now I'm interested as to what its secondary type will be, assuming that it will have one. So far we've had Water + Ground and Water + Steel starters. Maybe this one could be a Water + Rock to complete the mineral triangle? I don't really see how that would fit in with the whole Frog thing, so maybe a Water + Grass? I can see how this would cause problems with the starter triangle, but anything's possible. I mean maybe the grass becomes Grass + Flying and let's pray that the fire becomes anything except another Fire + Fighting. Those are my thoughts. Thanks guys!
    - Cam
    I LOVE ICE CREAM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cfarm99 View Post
    Froakie looks to me like some kind of frog pokemon and seeing that Froakie rhymes with Croakie, a word that seems more than remotely similar to Croak, I think that the inference seems to support itself. So then, if it is a frog pokemon, our 4th frog pokemon, I am interested to see how it will go. We already have Seismitoad, Croagunk, and Politoed, and 2 of those are water. I am hoping that they don't do another Water + Ground frog, and I really don't think they would. So now I'm interested as to what its secondary type will be, assuming that it will have one. So far we've had Water + Ground and Water + Steel starters. Maybe this one could be a Water + Rock to complete the mineral triangle? I don't really see how that would fit in with the whole Frog thing, so maybe a Water + Grass? I can see how this would cause problems with the starter triangle, but anything's possible. I mean maybe the grass becomes Grass + Flying and let's pray that the fire becomes anything except another Fire + Fighting. Those are my thoughts. Thanks guys!
    - Cam
    That's quite the analysis. To me, I don't wish for a secondary typing on any of the starters. Especially Froakie. Water is a solid typing and it doesn't need any improvements.

Anyways. I don't know if someone brought this up, but what are everyone's guesses/wishes to the possible Hidden Abilities for the new starters? Mine(assuming they are made up of known abilities):

Chespin: Harvest; I see it as a pokemon chipmunk that would gather berries instead of nuts as so it would recycle used ones using its Grass type-ness

Fennekin: Magic Guard; Even though it might end up not evolving into a Psychic type, it still seems appropriate to me with how Japanese mythology regards foxes

Froakie: Prankster; Don't freak. I just think that Froakie looks like it might be based of a toad sage and it peeping over its 'bubble glasses' makes me think it has something crafty going on in its head

Anyway, that's just my twisted logic.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by Courpse_Mew View Post
    That's quite the analysis. To me, I don't wish for a secondary typing on any of the starters. Especially Froakie. Water is a solid typing and it doesn't need any improvements.

Anyways. I don't know if someone brought this up, but what are everyone's guesses/wishes to the possible Hidden Abilities for the new starters? Mine(assuming they are made up of known abilities):

Chespin: Harvest; I see it as a pokemon chipmunk that would gather berries instead of nuts as so it would recycle used ones using its Grass type-ness

Fennekin: Magic Guard; Even though it might end up not evolving into a Psychic type, it still seems appropriate to me with how Japanese mythology regards foxes

Froakie: Prankster; Don't freak. I just think that Froakie looks like it might be based of a toad sage and it peeping over its 'bubble glasses' makes me think it has something crafty going on in its head

Anyway, that's just my twisted logic.

Froakie:
    Type Analysis: From the trailer Froakie seems to be super fast and agile, so it'll evolve into either water/fight or water/flying with super high speed and attack [fighting from the ninja-esque pose, flying from the clouds around his neck]. Kinda sucks how the starters are all mono type only. It'd be great to have another dual-typed starter. However, seeing that there are only 2 out of the 5 existing starters that are dual-typed, this guy could also be another only water.

Uniqueness Factor: This would mark the first water/fighting starter and the first water started to have the highest speed out of any of the starters. [No generation so far has had a fast water starter, every single one has been slower than the other two, the only exception was Gen 4, where Torterra was slightly slower than Empoleon]

Fennekin:
    Type Analysis: Clearly GAMEFREAK has had typing issues before, especially with mammalian creatures. How is Ninetales NOT Fire/Ghost or Fire/Psychic? Half of its moveset is ghost or psychic. But this thing...this thing from the trailer is CLEARLY part psychic. However, it is based on a fennec fox, which is a desert based fox known for digging in the ground, so it could also be Fire/Ground. Again, Fennekin itself will be pure fire, its evolutions HAVE to be part psychic or ground.

Uniqueness Factor: IT WOULD BE THE FIRST DUAL-TYPED FIRE TYPE THAT'S NOT FIRE FIGHTING AFTER 3 WHOLE GENERATIONS...which could potentially also mean that this thing will be mono fire, considering that 4 out of the 5 existing fire starters are dual typed.

Chespin:
    Type Analysis: Looks to be either Grass/Dark or Grass/Steel, Dark because of the move it used in the trailer, steel because of its name and design. It seems to have a helmet of sorts with...pins coming out of it, supporting the steel type perspective.

Uniqueness Factor: Grass/Dark or Steel have been done before [Shiftry and Ferrothorn] however it'll mark the third time a grass starter is dual typed. It fits the pattern, Fire types are almost always dual types, water types are almost never dual types, grass types are 50/50.

Balancing:
    IF:
    Froakie: Water/Fighting
    Fennekin: Fire/Psychic
    Chespin:Grass/Dark

Water > Fire > Grass > Water [Fr beats Fe, Fe beats Ch, Ch beats Fr]
    Psychic>Fighting>Dark>Psychic [Fe beats Fr, Fr beats Ch, Ch beats Fe]

Effectively Balanced, where every starter can effectively take out the other ones, with one small immunity, where Chespin is completely immune to Fennekin.

IF:
    Froakie: Water/Flying
    Fennekin: Fire/Ground
    Chespin:Grass/Steel

Water 4x > Fire 4x > Grass =NEUTRAL= Water

Semi-Balanced, where each is completely dominant over one other, with grass and water being at a standstill.

Whattaya think??

Gen 5: Gen 4: Gen 3: Gen 2: Gen 1:
    Zoroark Lucario Metagross Tyranitar Gengar

Till this day they still can function together as a team. And they will continue to do so.

http://i.imgur.com/5FB9XOJ.gif
    http://media.tumblr.com/87de37fff9d3...Rzy1qz4rgp.gif
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/68dd21331...sia6o1_500.gif

Quote Originally Posted by darcone7 View Post
    Froakie:
    Type Analysis: From the trailer Froakie seems to be super fast and agile, so it'll evolve into either water/fight or water/flying with super high speed and attack [fighting from the ninja-esque pose, flying from the clouds around his neck]. Kinda sucks how the starters are all mono type only. It'd be great to have another dual-typed starter. However, seeing that there are only 2 out of the 5 existing starters that are dual-typed, this guy could also be another only water.

Uniqueness Factor: This would mark the first water/fighting starter and the first water started to have the highest speed out of any of the starters. [No generation so far has had a fast water starter, every single one has been slower than the other two, the only exception was Gen 4, where Torterra was slightly slower than Empoleon]

Fennekin:
    Type Analysis: Clearly GAMEFREAK has had typing issues before, especially with mammalian creatures. How is Ninetales NOT Fire/Ghost or Fire/Psychic? Half of its moveset is ghost or psychic. But this thing...this thing from the trailer is CLEARLY part psychic. However, it is based on a fennec fox, which is a desert based fox known for digging in the ground, so it could also be Fire/Ground. Again, Fennekin itself will be pure fire, its evolutions HAVE to be part psychic or ground.

Uniqueness Factor: IT WOULD BE THE FIRST DUAL-TYPED FIRE TYPE THAT'S NOT FIRE FIGHTING AFTER 3 WHOLE GENERATIONS...which could potentially also mean that this thing will be mono fire, considering that 4 out of the 5 existing fire starters are dual typed.

Chespin:
    Type Analysis: Looks to be either Grass/Dark or Grass/Steel, Dark because of the move it used in the trailer, steel because of its name and design. It seems to have a helmet of sorts with...pins coming out of it, supporting the steel type perspective.

Uniqueness Factor: Grass/Dark or Steel have been done before [Shiftry and Ferrothorn] however it'll mark the third time a grass starter is dual typed. It fits the pattern, Fire types are almost always dual types, water types are almost never dual types, grass types are 50/50.

Balancing:
    IF:

Effectively Balanced, where every starter can effectively take out the other ones, with one small immunity, where Chespin is completely immune to Fennekin.

IF:

Semi-Balanced, where each is completely dominant over one other, with grass and water being at a standstill.

Whattaya think??
    You can't really guess the starter's final types from the first stages, as designs can change drastically. Fennekin's middle evo could have a sparkly coat and blue ear-flames, and then the final
    evo turns fully blue and becomes a Fire/Ice starter.

But yeah, I do hope the second triangle thing happens.

Before I get the 'It's Aerial Ace!' crap thrown at me, this is just my opinion! Others may see it differently!

If the second attacks in the trailers mean something, it seems;

Chespin-Night Slash/Aerial Ace-It seems to be some sort of slashing move, but both of these moves are learned by many Pokemon of different types. But if it means anything, then Chespin seems to be a Grass/Dark or Grass/Flying. I don't see Chespin gaining wings (But it could!!! XD), so perhaps Grass/Dark. Could be a nice design.

Will do the others later ;P

Quote Originally Posted by darcone7 View Post
    Froakie:

Fennekin:

Chespin:

Balancing:
    IF:

IF:

Whattaya think??
    I think:

Chespin: Grass/Rock

Water--->Rock
    Flying--->Grass

Grass--->Water
    Rock---->Flying
    Last edited by Naetle-92; 13th April 2013 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    You have to admit that the new legendaries are awesome.I've always disliked legendaries in general but these have something really interesting about them.
    I don't think they both are. Yveltal is certanly very cool but I don't find Xerneas to be very interesting at all. But that's just my opinion.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Still waiting for moar starters new :s
    It's been quite a while since they were revealed..
    & although I liked all 3 back then, now they're just amazing.
    Probably my favourite starters since the early generations.

I honestly think as with most gen 6th news starter info will be slow..
    & as before I expect Fennekin to retain Fire/Psychic, Froakie Water/Fighting and Chesnut Grass/Dark as there final forms.
    *Hoenn is where the start is*

This is the first time i really really like all 3 starters. Probably the best starters since Gen I and II.

And to make them even better, i expect GF to make there secondary typings the second type triangle. Psychic, Fighting and Dark. GF has not let me down so far

(Although we do have Shiftry who has had it done already, Polirath who is a water and fighting and not to mention a frog as well, and Victini)

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    This is the first time i really really like all 3 starters. Probably the best starters since Gen I and II.

And to make them even better, i expect GF to make there secondary typings the second type triangle. Psychic, Fighting and Dark. GF has not let me down so far

(Although we do have Shiftry who has had it done already, Polirath who is a water and fighting and not to mention a frog as well, and Victini)
    But dark, psychic, fighting technically isn't a complete triangle, because dark is immune to psychic. The only one that works completely is fighting, flying, And rock.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    But dark, psychic, fighting technically isn't a complete triangle, because dark is immune to psychic. The only one that works completely is fighting, flying, And rock.
    Who cares if Dark is immune to Psychic? Your logic is basically saying "I wanted to use an attack that is not very effective against this type but I can't because it's immune." So, do you use Fire Blast against your opponent's Water type starter often? Because your logic seems like you do.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Quote Originally Posted by Naetle-92 View Post
    After looking at this, I can see Froakie evolving into a Water/Flying type.

I still wouldn't mind Water/Fighting, but both work for me either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Naetle-92 View Post
    Water/Flying... without wings, like Gyarados.
    Last edited by ☭Azimuth_055☣; 13th April 2013 at 5:59 PM.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post
    Water/Flying... without wings, like Gyarados.
    he never said anything about it needing wings bro ._.
    and also if they did make him part flying you know how much legal trouble they would get into?
    hell they had to stop making kadabra cards because of that one psychic guy

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    he never said anything about it needing wings bro ._.
    and also if they did make him part flying you know how much legal trouble they would get into?
    hell they had to stop making kadabra cards because of that one psychic guy
    You got a point, besides I was referring to the pic

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

I think the majority of people are choosing Fennekin, (including me).
    I don't really like the way Froakie looks, but something's telling me it's going to have awesome evolutions. That thing on it's nose could even be a moustache! However I think Fennekin looks best, and I am loyal to fire type pokemon. ^.^
    I multiship a lot
    I am a huge fan of Pokémon, PMMM, Sherlock and all sorts of other things!
    Psst, I don't own the banner^ Credit to tumblr user bennycumbs
    ~Fire type Pokemon Club~ ~Dawn Hikari Fan club~

oh well you should have quoted the picture then
    got me all confused :P
    but yeah legal issues are always a problem when new pokemon are made so i think they would be careful enough not to rip off zelda

Page 429 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529 ... LastLast