View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 437 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487537 ... LastLast
Results 10,901 to 10,925 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

For me Fennekin is Fire/Ground and Chespin Grass/Steel (offensive, being the first grass starter with both attack and special attack at least 100), Froakie must be Water/Electric or Flying, being the fastest water starter.
    Last edited by williamdrake; 17th April 2013 at 4:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by williamdrake View Post
    For me Fennekin is Fire/Ground and Chespin Grass/Steel (offensive, being the first grass starter with both attack and special attack at least 100), Froakie must be Water/Electric or Flying, being the fastest water starter.
    i don't think that being electric or flying means he will be fast in fact many flying pokes tend to really only have average speed

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i like this theory in all honesty so long as they somehow implement some sort of reverse triangle i would be really happy as it has never happened
    only thing i disagree with is that move was not growl it never has had a purple glow and kirlia was definitely taking damage
    I think the purple glow might be the attack stat being lowered. Also, in other 3D Pokemon games (at least Stadium 2, which I still play regularly), Pokemon being hit with strictly stat affecting moves such as Growl, Tail Whip, etc. do bounce back as if taking damage.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    I think the purple glow might be the attack stat being lowered. Also, in other 3D Pokemon games (at least Stadium 2, which I still play regularly), Pokemon being hit with strictly stat affecting moves such as Growl, Tail Whip, etc. do bounce back as if taking damage.
    interesting did not know this i never played stadium
    regardless we will just have to wait and see and also the whole attack was purple with growl the animation isn't purple and the animation for the stats lowering comes after the attack is finished also the ending animation looked similar to psychic

Finally having a grass-type that is not based on a reptile or 'unknown' thing (Chikorita) is great.I do like the other starters but they are just not as original as Chespin.Yea,I know most like Fennekin but I like 'out there' pokemon a I do like-or love Oshawott!Chespin and Oshawott are made for each other.I want to see Chespin's last evolution being Grass/Dark, Fennekin's being Fire/Physic and Froakie's Water/Fighting so there strong against each other with there first type but weak with there second to each other.I heard it in a video and thought it would be awesome if it was true.

I'm really hoping that Fennekin does not become Fire/Fighting. Preferably, I wish no starter would be part fighting this generation. Go with different combinations. Fire/Ground, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Flying, Grass/Dark, Grass/Rock, Water/Flying, Water/Electric, any of those would be cool.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    No offense, but how can you not see Chespin being Dark and Froakie being Fighting if you think the reverse triangle makes more sense than ever? Seems like the only thing they really made you consider was Fennekin's potential Psychic typing.
    Nah, they made me truly consider Chespin and Froakie lines' secondary typing, but not see it. Fennekin's appearance made me consider that line becoming Psychic already at start.

You're right though; my post ended up being pretty uninformative or even paradoxical. Sorry about that! D:

My current and FINAL Red team.
    I just can't start a new one since there are no Link Cables around these days. Requiscat in Pace! :´(
    (^ Okay, gotta admit it looks better in COLOR! )

Quote Originally Posted by williamdrake View Post
    I can't really see Fennekin as being a fire/ground type, but more of a fire/psychic type.
    I see where you're coming from with the grass/steel combo. It will be good to have.
    Water/electric or flying. I can't see freakiest sprouting wings, but that cloud-thing on it's neck/back could be a suggestion of a part electric typing.
    Varanus on the General Chat Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You're not a kid anymore once you join this thread. 2 minutes here and all innocence you once had is lost.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

Friend Safari: Fighting:
    Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue.
    PM me if you add me.

Chespin-Grass/Rock

Fennekin-Fire/Psychic

Froakie-Water/Electric

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

To be honest i can see froakie being a couple things, i could see him being water/fighting or water/poison
    but TBH i do not see froakie being water/electric or water/flying

To be honest i can see froakie being a couple things, i could see him being water/fighting or water/poison
    but TBH i do not see froakie being water/electric or water/flying
    I agree. Whenever I see froakie, this guy comes to mind

thief.jpg

I know people see a cloud and glasses, but i see him. Maybe a water/dark type?

I'm fine with froakie being anything besides water/flying or just water.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Kurry View Post
    Am I the only who hopes that the final evo's of the starters end up just being pure grass/fire/water? With no secondary typing?
    What? That's kinda boring. These have such potential for being good other types.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I'm fine with froakie being anything besides water/flying or just water.
    Bleh agreed
    Anything that doesn't rip off Zelda

Bleh agreed
    Anything that doesn't rip off Zelda
    I agree too. I would hate it if they ripped off Zelda.
    Personally I see Froakie as being water/fighting.
    Chespin I assume will be grass/steel. I think he will gain more spikes and he will gain a mace on his tail
    As for Fenniken, I have no idea. It will probably just stay pure fire in my opinion. Nothing really points to another type. And also fire starters almost always have a secondary type while water and grass were only dual typed twice.
    That's why I think Fenniken will be pure fire.
    I have claimed Scizor, the king of Bug-Types.
    Planned ORAS Teams:

Trinity League Badges:

Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

Credit for this epic banner goes to Sworn Metalhead of Daedric Design.

Quote Originally Posted by BugPokemonMaster316 View Post
    I agree too. I would hate it if they ripped off Zelda.
    Personally I see Froakie as being water/fighting.
    Chespin I assume will be grass/steel. I think he will gain more spikes and he will gain a mace on his tail
    As for Fenniken, I have no idea. It will probably just stay pure fire in my opinion. Nothing really points to another type. And also fire starters almost always have a secondary type while water and grass were only dual typed twice.
    That's why I think Fenniken will be pure fire.
    Well in the trailer, fennekin did use a move similar to that of psychic or psywave

Well in the trailer, fennekin did use a move similar to that of psychic or psywave
    Ah yes I forgot about that. However it doesn't 100% mean it will be psychic but its possible.
    Or the move could have been a something like growl.
    Planned ORAS Teams:

Trinity League Badges:

Ah yes I forgot about that. However it doesn't 100% mean it will be psychic but its possible.
    Or the move could have been a something like growl.
    The only thing I think could go against it being growl is the animation wasn't like growl
    Also the kirlia was taking damage in the trailer

The only thing I think could go against it being growl is the animation wasn't like growl
    Also the kirlia was taking damage in the trailer
    There could be new animations for old moves and also, its possible the reaction of the pokemon is the same for all moves, even non-damaging ones.
    But it could still be a psychic move. we'll just have to wait and see
    Planned ORAS Teams:

Trinity League Badges:

There could be new animations for old moves and also, its possible the reaction of the pokemon is the same for all moves, even non-damaging ones.
    But it could still be a psychic move. we'll just have to wait and see
    I hope they give some new animations for samurott. Like when it used razor shell, it actually pulls out the schallop sword.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I hope they give some new animations for samurott. Like when it used razor shell, it actually pulls out the schallop sword.
    actually pulls out the schallop sword
    Yes, yes, yes!

I think Chespin will evolve into some kind of warrior Pokémon like Samurott, and will have some kind of weapon looking armor as well. I hope it can use that weapon for a move in the animation.

Maybe chespin will get needles on his arms and a mace like tail, that he swings around.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Maybe chespin will get needles on his arms and a mace like tail, that he swings around.
    Mace Tail sounds like a move many Pokémon could get. It should be Rock type. I can see Sceptile, Samurott, and Chespin's evo benefitting from Mace Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    I think Chespin will evolve into some kind of warrior Pokémon like Samurott

Ever since the starters were released I've been dead set on picking Chespin. I like the idea of him/her being a warrior pokemon. It has been the fire's territory since third gen, but I'd like to see chespin as a fighting/grass type. I can totally see it with wrapped fists and stout but strong legs. Having a narrow chest with long thin arms and rough, thorny fur. I'd like it to have a decent glare too.

This is just my preference though. I like both types and as far as I can remember, the only fighting/grass type was Breloom. It's time good ole Breloom had a family member!!

But imagine, a starter with access to moves such as needle arm, wood hammer, and possibly a unique move similar to Beedrill's twin needle. Or even something like Pikachu's volt tackle. Think sonic the hedgehog meets effect spore.
    My 3ds fc is 5214-9760-7012

IGN: R0dium

In My Safari: Noibat, Fraxure, Druddigon

Pm me with yours so we can be friends ^^

^Drawn By Astrint^

Quote Originally Posted by Astrint View Post
    Ever since the starters were released I've been dead set on picking Chespin. I like the idea of him/her being a warrior pokemon. It has been the fire's territory since third gen, but I'd like to see chespin as a fighting/grass type. I can totally see it with wrapped fists and stout but strong legs. Having a narrow chest with long thin arms and rough, thorny fur. I'd like it to have a decent glare too.

This is just my preference though. I like both types and as far as I can remember, the only fighting/grass type was Breloom. It's time good ole Breloom had a family member!!

But imagine, a starter with access to moves such as needle arm, wood hammer, and possibly a unique move similar to Beedrill's twin needle. Or even something like Pikachu's volt tackle. Think sonic the hedgehog meets effect spore.
    New Fighting moves this gen may give Chespin's final fighting evo to be a beast, hypothetically speaking. It may need some better Attack than some Flying types in OU though.

Page 437 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487537 ... LastLast