View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 438 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 338388428434435436437438439440441442448488538 ... LastLast
Results 10,926 to 10,950 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

At this point I don't really want the grass/dark, fire/psychic, and water/fighting as much as I did before. I've actually changed my view on how I want them a lot.

Like others, I want a warrior-ish Chespin. It seems fitting for the personality I see it as and I like too much fanart of it with that concept. As for type I approve of grass/steel, grass/ground (though a tad unoriginal with Torterra), or grass/fighting. Though if it were to still be grass/dark I would be fine.

I want Fennekin to become something majestic. I still want it to be fire/psychic hence me wanting to be majestic. It just sounds wonderful and something to completely combat the fact we've had three fire/fighting Pokemon in a row. Though I wouldn't be too upset with mono fire or a different concept and it being fire/ground. Nonetheless, Fennekin is still my choice.

I want Froakie to be like a wizard-ish looking thing for the lack of better words. I really don't want to be fighting as much as the suggested water/flying, water/electric, or just mono water for the foamy cloud on its back. Otherwise I don't have much to say about it.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

If it were an ideal world, I'd be rooting for Grass/Flying, Fire/Ground, Water/Flying. I'd love to have a team of with Flying and Ground counterparts of Grass, Fire, and Water starters, that would be cool, adding in Torterra, Swampert, and Charizard.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    If it were an ideal world, I'd be rooting for Grass/Flying, Fire/Ground, Water/Flying. I'd love to have a team of with Flying and Ground counterparts of Grass, Fire, and Water starters, that would be cool, adding in Torterra, Swampert, and Charizard.
    what reasoning do you have behind chespin being able to fly exactly?
    not to come off as rude but just wondering ._.

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    what reasoning do you have behind chespin being able to fly exactly?
    not to come off as rude but just wondering ._.
    I don't specifically, though I can picture some mammal-esk animals that I can picture Chespin evolving into that could possibly flay. If it is any kind of rodent, possibly eventually ending up as a type of flying squirrel. I've always wanted a Grass/Flying, Fire/Ground, and Water/Flying to make a team, having Flying and Ground variants for all the standard starter types.

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

I don't specifically, though I can picture some mammal-esk animals that I can picture Chespin evolving into that could possibly flay. If it is any kind of rodent, possibly eventually ending up as a type of flying squirrel. I've always wanted a Grass/Flying, Fire/Ground, and Water/Flying to make a team, having Flying and Ground variants for all the standard starter types.
    interesting
    sort of a stretch but i guess it could work
    personally i think chespin could be dark, steel, ground (but hopefully not), and mayyyyybe fighting wouldn't bet my money on fighting though

Ask me stupid stuff

interesting
    sort of a stretch but i guess it could work
    personally i think chespin could be dark, steel, ground (but hopefully not), and mayyyyybe fighting wouldn't bet my money on fighting though
    I can picture those to. It's the first Grass type starter in a while that I believe has the potential to go many different ways.

Keep in mind, I don't base many of the things I want on popularity, type advantages/weakness, competitiveness. For example, this generation is very important to me, because it's the first time that you can build an entire team, with each member being from a different generation. For me, a full team of the Water starters, I can't wait for that. I don't care that there will be a gazzillion weaknesses, I always go with the Water starters, and now I can build a whole team of them.

I can picture those to. It's the first Grass type starter in a while that I believe has the potential to go many different ways.

Keep in mind, I don't base many of the things I want on popularity, type advantages/weakness, competitiveness. For example, this generation is very important to me, because it's the first time that you can build an entire team, with each member being from a different generation. For me, a full team of the Water starters, I can't wait for that. I don't care that there will be a gazzillion weaknesses, I always go with the Water starters, and now I can build a whole team of them.
    that's kinda cool
    i always used fire or grass
    the only water starters i have used in game is feraligatr and swampert and i love em both
    but competitively i use them all except for empoleon
    but yeah this generation the starters do have quite a bit of potential chespin especially

Ask me stupid stuff

I agree. Chespin is the starter to choose. It holds the chance to become a beast, literally. Its big feet and all of it just screams physical power or defense. We'll see how GF develops the concept.
    Personally, i'm rooting for Grass/Fighting or Grass/Dark
    currently playing pkm Y...

Grass/dark is a pretty interesting but if chespin is grass/dark and fennekin turns out as fire/psychic what would froakie be? Bug and Ghost would either give Chespin a huge advantage or Froakie that advantage. The only speculated combinations that would give the game complete fairness would be the sub-types /psychic /fighting and /dark.

personally, I'd like fire/psychic grass/fighting water/dark. OR Fire/Dark Grass/Fighting and Water/Psychic(which would be the more balanced set.)
    My 3ds fc is 5214-9760-7012

IGN: R0dium

In My Safari: Noibat, Fraxure, Druddigon

Pm me with yours so we can be friends ^^

^Drawn By Astrint^

I'm not sure what to answer for the poll. I like Chespin and Fennekin, but I like Dunsparce even more...
    3DS Friend Code: 1864 - 8413 - 3256

Quote Originally Posted by Chewiana Jones View Post
    I'm not sure what to answer for the poll. I like Chespin and Fennekin, but I like Dunsparce even more...
    well the point is to only vote for dunsparce looking better is if you don't like the new starters

Quote Originally Posted by Astrint View Post
    Grass/dark is a pretty interesting but if chespin is grass/dark and fennekin turns out as fire/psychic what would froakie be? Bug and Ghost would either give Chespin a huge advantage or Froakie that advantage. The only speculated combinations that would give the game complete fairness would be the sub-types /psychic /fighting and /dark.

personally, I'd like fire/psychic grass/fighting water/dark. OR Fire/Dark Grass/Fighting and Water/Psychic(which would be the more balanced set.)
    well the main speculation of the perfect triangle is grass/dark fire/psychic and water/fighting if that helps

Ask me stupid stuff

And to think we speculate the starters to end up as a perfect triangle solely based on the screenshot where Fennekin looks like it uses a Psychic move. I hope Froakie isn't Water/Fighting because it looks more Specially Offensive. I cannot believe GameFreak would make an Offensive looking Samurott become Specially Offensive. I just hope GF does not mis-design its Starters this time around.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    And to think we speculate the starters to end up as a perfect triangle solely based on the screenshot where Fennekin looks like it uses a Psychic move. I hope Froakie isn't Water/Fighting because it looks more Specially Offensive. I cannot believe GameFreak would make an Offensive looking Samurott become Specially Offensive. I just hope GF does not mis-design its Starters this time around.
    samurott was mixed though
    and if he is fighting he can still be specially offensive there's always aura sphere and focus blast
    also who's to say we won't get more special fighting moves this gen
    plus the perfect triangle isn't based solely off of that froakie just looks to me as though he will have a similar body structure to toxicroak and chespin i can just see becoming some assassin of some sort or something like that

Ask me stupid stuff

samurott was mixed though
    and if he is fighting he can still be specially offensive there's always aura sphere and focus blast
    also who's to say we won't get more special fighting moves this gen
    plus the perfect triangle isn't based solely off of that froakie just looks to me as though he will have a similar body structure to toxicroak and chespin i can just see becoming some assassin of some sort or something like that
    Chespin with a green Assassin's Creed hood? ˇMe gusta!
    Froakie getting Aura Sphere? ˇMe gusta mucho!

How tall should each evolution be?

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    How tall should each evolution be?
    It'll vary.
    First gen: 2.0m-1.6m (Venusaur tallest, Blastoise shortest)
    Second gen: 2.3m-1.7m (Feraligatr tallest, Typhlosion shortest)
    Third gen: 1.9m-1.5m (Blaziken tallest, Swampert shortest)
    Fourth gen: 2.2m-1.2m (Torterra tallest because of its tree, Infernape shortest)
    Fifth gen: 3.3m-1.5m (Serperior tallest since it is a giant snake, Samurott shortest)

So we can probably imply that
    Chespin's final evo: 2.0 m
    Fennekin's final evo: 1.7 m
    Froakie's final evo: 1.7 m

I think you mentioned this once before... Ever since then I realized I can have a full team of fire starters... O_O
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

My level 100s:

well the main speculation of the perfect triangle is grass/dark fire/psychic and water/fighting if that helps
    awwww.... I was really wanting that grass/fighter... If they threw us a curve and made Fennekin a fire/ghost type I think I'd have a heart attack.... Ghosts are my favorites xD we need a ghostly Eeveelution!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    I think you mentioned this once before... Ever since then I realized I can have a full team of fire starters... O_O
    I honestly don't find the idea of a pure starter team very appealing. I want to at the very most, have only two starters in my line up. Chespin and maybe Torchic or Cyndaquil. But only on one game. I really want to tool around with the new generation of pokemon.
    Last edited by Astrint; 19th April 2013 at 5:57 PM.

^Drawn By Astrint^

awwww.... I was really wanting that grass/fighter... If they threw us a curve and made Fennekin a fire/ghost type I think I'd have a heart attack.... Ghosts are my favorites xD we need a ghostly Eeveelution!!!!
    Hmmmm not sure if fennekin would be part ghost
    Unless there is some sort of mythology behind it, which I haven't heard of, I don't think he would be ghost

Ask me stupid stuff

What you want is equally as probable as anything. Don't fret. It could still happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    What you want is equally as probable as anything. Don't fret. It could still happen.
    This ^
    Sure it's a theory but it doesn't mean you can't still want something else

Ask me stupid stuff

Hmmmm not sure if fennekin would be part ghost
    Unless there is some sort of mythology behind it, which I haven't heard of, I don't think he would be ghost
    There's always the kitsune and the nine-tailed fox. Though they already have Ninetails covering the nine-tailed fox theme.

^Drawn By Astrint^

Fennekin will most likely become my favorite starter of all. I like Chespin and Froakie, but can't really take them seriously. Chespin reminds me of Happy Tree Friends, and Froakie reminds me of Keroro Gunsou.

Fennekin should evolve into a kyubi. It would probably look prettier than Ninetails. I can picture Chespin turning into something similar to Zoroark, but obviously a hedgehog rather than a werewolf. As for Froakie, it throws off a bit of a Mudkip vibe to me. That's just my opinion though.

As for type, I'm hoping for NO single-types this region, and NO MORE FIRE FIGHTING! Chespin looks like it will become gtass/fighting or grass/ground. Fennekin looks like it could go a number of ways. I'd personally like to see fire/dark, but it looks like it will be pure fire. Froakie will probably be either water/ground, water/ice, or hopefully water/poison.

Froakie is losing the poll! I'm not that surprised, but I will say Fennekin is becoming my fave. It was tied between Froakie and Fennekin, but now I lean a little more to Fennekin's side. I still want Froakie. I might need to buy two 3DS's to trade myself to get Fennekin and Froakie. Might as well get Chespin as well for good measure XD
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by SpadeOfRoses View Post
    Fennekin will most likely become my favorite starter of all. I like Chespin and Froakie, but can't really take them seriously. Chespin reminds me of Happy Tree Friends, and Froakie reminds me of Keroro Gunsou.

Fennekin should evolve into a kyubi. It would probably look prettier than Ninetails. I can picture Chespin turning into something similar to Zoroark, but obviously a hedgehog rather than a werewolf. As for Froakie, it throws off a bit of a Mudkip vibe to me. That's just my opinion though.

As for type, I'm hoping for NO single-types this region, and NO MORE FIRE FIGHTING! Chespin looks like it will become gtass/fighting or grass/ground. Fennekin looks like it could go a number of ways. I'd personally like to see fire/dark, but it looks like it will be pure fire. Froakie will probably be either water/ground, water/ice, or hopefully water/poison.
    Chespin is already a hedgehog...what,it'll become a giant hedgehog upon evolution?

Page 438 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 338388428434435436437438439440441442448488538 ... LastLast