View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 448 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 348398438444445446447448449450451452458498548 ... LastLast
Results 11,176 to 11,200 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Some ideas I have:
    Froakie water/Dark,Water/electric if the things on it's back are clouds
    Fennekin Fire/pyshic tho Fire/ghost does sound cool
    Chespin maybe a gaint sloth like Knight :shugs:

when I first saw froakie I thought of Beethoven, or Mozart so I see a sound based move pool and maybe a good speeder with good HP. Chespin looks like a good balance type leaning more to the physical side with good speed, and wide move pool with bite, and scratch type moves. Fennekin looks like it would be a basic fire type combo with good Sp attack and speed and a move pool with lots of Special attacks.
    As time goes on I'm seeing the types being just grass/water/fire, and maybe the final evo will be duel but if not I'm fine with pure types. I mean it better then having another fire fighting or something that makes it weak to almost everything.

Speculating on the starter final types is really hard at this point... honestly I could see them all ending up single-typed and I wouldn't really mind.

Fennekin
    My personal favorite, I've wanted a wolf/fox fire starter for a loooong time.
    It seems to be almost cannon at this point to a lot of members that it will be psychic, but I don't see it just yet.
    I bet that if it weren't for that move in the trailer no one would make the connection.
    And as we all know, pokemon knowing moves of a certain type proves nothing when it comes to guessing the type of the pokemon itself (assuming that purple move in the trailer even is psychic).

I can see Fennekin staying pure fire, but my personal first choises would be either part dark or part flying. (I love dark types and some awesome fanart has me hoping for flying.)
    Sadly I don't really see any of those happening, since I don't think they'd make a starter dark type and fire/flying is really farfetched right now.

Chespin
    Second favorite. Personally I'd like to see grass/fighting for him, I think it would fit much better than part fighting for Froakie, just looking at their body-types.
    Ground would be fine too, but I really like for him to remain bipedal and slender, and not go the bulky route (yes, I'm looking at you Oshawott -_-)

Froakie
    Not a fan right now, but all could change with evos. Could see part ice or poison, but that would be kinda predictable I guess...
    Hope they throw a curve ball with him and do something really unexpected, like psychic or even flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy9 View Post
    I also think it's really cool if Fennekin evolves in an Lion.
    Ew no, why would a canine evolve into a feline?
    . . .

Thumbs up

Ew no, why would a canine evolve into a feline?
    Why would a sheep evolve into a kangaroo?
    Why would a fish evolve into an octopus?
    Why would a fish evolve into a dragonic serpent thing?
    Etc, etc, etc.

If they do it on the right way, it can look nice:
    I made this thing, I forget about it's red eyes, but it retains a lot of it's features. color scheme, three stripes on front of head, wait, just look by yourself:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

We already have a lion pokemon (and a fire foo dog with lion-esque features), but we DON'T have a real wolf pokemon (With mightyena being a hyena), and maned wolves are very fox-like and retain the giant ears and a similar enough color scheme - and seem like a great potential direction to me.

Why would a sheep evolve into a kangaroo?
    Ampharos is not a kangaroo! It's still a sheep.

Anyway, I hope Froakie is really fast. The other frogs are rather slow, so I hope Froakie is fast. Having about a 120 stat for speed would be nice.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Mmm, I know there's always the exception to the rule in pokemon, but let's not forget that MOST of them still don't undergo the "mid-evolution-species-change."
    And I really don't see it for Fennekin, sorry. (Good art though)

We already have a lion pokemon (and a fire foo dog with lion-esque features), but we DON'T have a real wolf pokemon (With mightyena being a hyena), and maned wolves are very fox-like and retain the giant ears and a similar enough color scheme - and seem like a great potential direction to me.
    Sounds more appealing.
    . . .

Why would a sheep evolve in to a kangaroo?
    Why would a fish evolve into an octopus?
    Why would a fish evolve into a dragonic serpent thing?
    Etc, etc, etc.
    As a poster above me said, Ampharos is still classified as a sheep. Just because it's bipedal doesn't mean it suddenly becomes a marsupial.
    Remoraid is based (loosely) off a gun, and Octillery is based (slightly less loosely) off a cannon. A cannon is basically a large gun, and they're both aquatic creatures.
    The Magikarp line is based on an old Chinese legend that if a carp swims up a waterfall, it will miraculously turn into a dragon. Basically, if it does a feat requiring spectacular perseverance, much like a trainer raising a fairly useless Magikarp up to level 20. Back in the early gens, before you could catch a level 99 Magikarp, this was a big deal.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    As a poster above me said, Ampharos is still classified as a sheep. Just because it's bipedal doesn't mean it suddenly becomes a marsupial.
    Remoraid is based (loosely) off a gun, and Octillery is based (slightly less loosely) off a cannon. A cannon is basically a large gun, and they're both aquatic creatures.
    The Magikarp line is based on an old Chinese legend that if a carp swims up a waterfall, it will miraculously turn into a dragon. Basically, if it does a feat requiring spectacular perseverance, much like a trainer raising a fairly useless Magikarp up to level 20. Back in the early gens, before you could catch a level 99 Magikarp, this was a big deal.
    You're right, but it's Pokemon and I think it's possible that a fox/canine can evolve into a lion. But I like the wolf idea, and it makes maybe more sense!
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    Lets see... judging from all starters, at least the last one... snake still evolves into snake, pig is still pig, otter becomes sea lion... I think the final evos of Gen 6 starters will not be far from their original species they're based on. So Fennekin will probably evolve into something in its family, could be a wolf.
    I dont really know what Chespin is, though.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    Lets see... judging from all starters, at least the last one... snake still evolves into snake, pig is still pig, otter becomes sea lion... I think the final evos of Gen 6 starters will not be far from their original species they're based on. So Fennekin will probably evolve into something in its family, could be a wolf.
    I dont really know what Chespin is, though.
    Though, it would be interesting having a Larvitar/Bagon evolution change up for a starter. Chespin evolving into a silly, pineapple-like thing with decent defenses then evolving into a crazy, monster rodent with less bulk and more power. I could see it happening. Not hoping for it, but I could get used to it.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

I know it's not likely, but, anyone considering that they might implement a branched evo for the starters ? That would be cool. Like fenniken's 3rd stage could be different depending on it's gender.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I know it's not likely, but, anyone considering that they might implement a branched evo for the starters ? That would be cool. Like fenniken's 3rd stage could be different depending on it's gender.
    To be honest, I'd rather go with appearance differences...

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

FennFlame.jpg

Ermagerd! Fennekin's using a Ice-Type move because of the Snowflakes!

Sorry, but I just had to finally kill this thing before it ever starts again. The effects in Fennekin's move looks like the effect in Froakie's.

Anyway, I'd like Fennekin to evolve into Fire/Ghost. Would be interesting.

but if it starts up again it would be because you mentioned it.. just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOneIX View Post
    but if it starts up again it would be because you mentioned it.. just saying.
    exactly
    and i do not think ANYONE was talking about that anyways
    so it will be brought up again just because you brought it up

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I'm still hoping for froakies evos to take the cloud/thundercloud route..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Im probably picking Chespin,he looks so cute :3 And I really can't see a bad evolution for him...he just looks to cool
    [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

when fennekin evolves, i would hope he looks something similar to renamon

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    when fennekin evolves, i would hope he looks something similar to renamon
    Yep. Foxy Boxer.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Yep. Foxy Boxer.
    No. If Fennekin turns into Fire/Fighting I will cry. It has such a huge potential to be a fantastic Fire/Psychic type. It'll be a better Ninetails with less nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    No. If Fennekin turns into Fire/Fighting I will cry. It has such a huge potential to be a fantastic Fire/Psychic type. It'll be a better Ninetails with less nostalgia.
    Why cry over some typing on a Pokémon, especially on a starter? If Fennekin does become Fire/Fighting you will get over it eventually.

I think Im gonna go with fennekin on this one. But if its a fire-fighting chespin is the guy to me. I usually go to the water starters (or fire if you count charizard) but froakie just doesnt suit me. I think froakie could be a water/poision, water/ground like palpitoad, water/dark or water/fighting. Froakie sorta well grosses me out to be honest and I just dont think Im gonna use it at all!
    Chespin is actually quiet cute. People think chespin is a little dorky but I dont agree. Maybe we could make him a grass/poison like venasaur but that is highly unlikly. grass/fighting could work but I just cant picture him as a grass fighting type. Grass/dark could work though i think thats NEVER happened. Correct me if Im wrong.
    What do people think Fennekin is gonna be by types. Fennekin actually reminds me a bit of ninetales. I think if Vulpix didnt exist that Fennekin could've been the first evo of Ninetales. Anybody agree? Fennekin could be a fire-psyic. Alot of people make fan-arts of it being that but the fan-arts dont even look like a POKEMON sometimes. Just gamefreak... dont ruin X and Y starters for making fennekin a fire-fighting. Because then I'd restart and get myself a chespin or ditch Fennekin.

Shiftry I think is the only Grass/Dark type
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post
    Shiftry I think is the only Grass/Dark type
    Nuzleaf and Cacturne are Grass/Dark as well.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Page 448 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 348398438444445446447448449450451452458498548 ... LastLast