View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 466 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476516566 ... LastLast
Results 11,626 to 11,650 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    xD

Step one open the box
    Step two: make sure the pokemon hasn't died
    step three: RUN FOR YOUR LIFE OR IT KILLS YOUR FAMILYY
    Aw Fennekin so cute..OH MY GOD MY BODY IS ON FIRE!!!!

You can bake a cupcake in Fennekin's ear. O.o

Okay guys, let's not spam this thread with "1000 things you can do with Fennekin".

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I'm relieved that the ear fluff is actually some sort of fire, or gives off fire etc. that means it is hopefully less likely to become braided when it evolves.

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Okay guys, let's not spam this thread with "1000 things you can do with Fennekin".
    Wulava putting things to order, I like it

___

I'm finding it weird how froakie is the smallest and lightest
    Really makes my views of him been swift and slim grow
    I'm so happy!
    And that's without him been able to jump the height of a 3 story building!

I found it odd how fennekin is heavier than Chespin .... Don't know what to make of it I mean fennekins slimmer and Chespin said to have a very hard shell

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

my current choice is chespin so i'm hoping for an epic final evolution
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Maybe his earwax is flameable which is prolly why Fennekin is having fire blasting out of his ears....and could possibly have an ear related fire attack

kinda weird but think about it
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

Chespin learns Rollout, I hope my theory is right, as I said pages ago.

Final evos:

Chespin - grass/rock

fennekin - fire/ground

Froakie - water/electric

Quote Originally Posted by williamdrake View Post

Final evos:

Chespin - grass/rock

fennekin - fire/ground

Froakie - water/electric
    that seems nice but for some reason not right this is how i see it

Chespin Final Evo-Grass/Steel or Grass/Dark

Fennekin Final Evo-Fire/Psychic or Fire/Ground

Froakie Final evo- Water/Fighting
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

The dex info doesn't give us any obvious hints to evolution type combos, maybe froakies jumping hints a little at flying but that's just my own wishful thinking.

I'd like a grass/ rock chespin, but rollout isn't much proof for that... in fact, I'd be surprised if a hedgehog pokemon couldn't learn rollout.

Fire/ Ice is a type combo I've wanted since the start along with fire/ water (Arcanine would have been perfect for it) so I wouldn't be against Fennekin having it, but I lean more in favor of Fire/ Ground or Fairy (If the rumors true).
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Quote Originally Posted by williamdrake View Post

Final evos:

Chespin - grass/rock

fennekin - fire/ground

Froakie - water/electric
    Chespin learning Rollout means nothing really, a majority of the Pokemon that learn that move via level up aren't Rock type. Could still mean anything.
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

Fire/Ice typing would be neat
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Hmmm, the typing i think is most likely is:

fire/psychic

water/fighting

grass/dark

this is somewhat based on the moves seen on the vid and somewhat on my impressions of them.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

At this point I'm sure the types have already been coded into the game so we will have to deal with what we get. Personally, I think the grass types always get the shaft in their final Evo with the exception maybe being Mudkip who got shafted as a water final Evo. If Chespin got Grass/Steel it would cover up a lot of weakness and make it very viable in the upper tiers assuming the final Evo has decent stats. The other combos like Grass/Dark just have too many weakness that will get it blown away at the upper level regardless of any cool moves it might know. Keep in mind I hope that Fennekin and Froakie also have a place in the upper tiers as I hate when Starters become useless due to other better pokemon out there. Starters should always be highly competitive when leveled up and trained right.

Quote Originally Posted by Leocat View Post
    At this point I'm sure the types have already been coded into the game so we will have to deal with what we get. Personally, I think the grass types always get the shaft in their final Evo with the exception maybe being Mudkip who got shafted as a water final Evo. If Chespin got Grass/Steel it would cover up a lot of weakness and make it very viable in the upper tiers assuming the final Evo has decent stats. The other combos like Grass/Dark just have too many weakness that will get it blown away at the upper level regardless of any cool moves it might know. Keep in mind I hope that Fennekin and Froakie also have a place in the upper tiers as I hate when Starters become useless due to other better pokemon out there. Starters should always be highly competitive when leveled up and trained right.
    grass/steel-----he would have 4x weakness to fire though......
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

True. But makes sense with a Grass pokemon and Grass/Dark and Grass/Fighting also has a 4X and more weaknesses. There are not too many Grass/Steel so I'm just going to cross my fingers. Sides... If you are using your grass type against something you know has fire then you are doing something wrong right there or at least putting yourself at a major disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Leocat View Post
    True. But makes sense with a Grass pokemon and Grass/Dark and Grass/Fighting also has a 4X and more weaknesses. There are not too many Grass/Steel so I'm just going to cross my fingers. Sides... If you are using your grass type against something you know has fire then you are doing something wrong right there or at least putting yourself at a major disadvantage.
    True....but this gen is new so you dont know who has what or what pokemon can use what
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Yep. That and there are a lot more pokemon to be released. Still... I hope the starter Evos are worth waiting for. Those three you always want to nail down for appearance and performance. Least they finally have pandas. People been asking for those since 1st gen.

yeah....still 100+ pokemon yet to be shown..... and GF is going to have lots of Surpises.....this gen it seems

and since its based on europe..i want to see a slug pokemon (poison) evolves into snail (Poison/Steel) or (poison/Rock)

be kinda neat

But be unique....as it can take off its shell like any snail and go back to plain poison......
    Last edited by Gergenator; 12th May 2013 at 12:56 AM.
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

People keep acting like the starter types have been revealed. What are they?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    yeah....still 100+ pokemon yet to be shown..... and GF is going to have lots of Surpises.....this gen it seems

and since its based on europe..i want to see a slug pokemon (poison) evolves into snail (Poison/Steel) or (poison/Rock)

be kinda neat

But be unique....as it can take off its shell like any snail and go back to plain poison......
    Sounds like a poison version of Slugma. Like, everything about it. A slug that turns into a snail and gains rock type. I wouldn't really call it unique?

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    People keep acting like the starter types have been revealed. What are they?
    We don't know their evolutions. Some just like to make assumptions and consider it as if it was fact.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Actually it would be neat to release a really large snail pokemon with shells so large that it leaves them behind and people make little homes of them or something. You can have two versions. One with the shell and one without the shell. Hmmm.... Speaking of shells.... we still need a Nautilus pokemon for the ocean or a cuddly cuttlefish. @.o

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    Sounds like a poison version of Slugma. Like, everything about it. A slug that turns into a snail and gains rock type. I wouldn't really call it unique?
    Unique as it it can revert back to plain poison as any slug can lose/leave its shell
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    We don't know their evolutions. Some just like to make assumptions and consider it as if it was fact.
    Ah. I kept hearing fire/ice, people seemed to think it was real. it'd be interesting though.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

Page 466 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476516566 ... LastLast