View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 467 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 367417457463464465466467468469470471477517567 ... LastLast
Results 11,651 to 11,675 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    People keep acting like the starter types have been revealed. What are they?
    If the latest batch of (unconfirmed) insider information posted on Pokebeach has any truth to it, Chespin's final evolution is Grass/Fighting, Fennekin's final evolution is Fire/Psychic, and Froakie's final evolution is Water/Dark.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    If the latest batch of (unconfirmed) insider information posted on Pokebeach has any truth to it, Chespin's final evolution is Grass/Fighting, Fennekin's final evolution is Fire/Psychic, and Froakie's final evolution is Water/Dark.
    Hope thats not true. That would mean that the Grass type is the only one to get hit with the 4x weakness. Not particularly balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Leocat View Post
    Hope thats not true. That would mean that the Grass type is the only one to get hit with the 4x weakness. Not particularly balanced.
    That didn't stop them in gen 1(Charizard), gen 3(Swampert), and in gen 4(Torterra).

Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    Because the animation was identical to Aerial Ace's animation.

Here's Chespin's move:

A black background with a red stripe, in which a downward cut is followed up an upward cut.

It's even clearer if you see it in the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzO6J981nAw&t=7m55s

Aerial Ace is based on a Japanese sword technique known as the Turning Swallow Cut. It consists of a quick downward slash followed immediately by an upward slash. That's exactly what we just saw.

For reference, here's a picture of Aerial Ace's animation in B2W2:

And again, it's even clearer when you see it in motion:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eun3YwUzeb0&t=1m07s

We just saw Swellow use Aerial Ace, and it was animated as... a black background with a red stripe, with a downward cut followed by an upward cut. Exactly the same.

Here's Night Slash in B2W2:

I mean, just look at that. It's definitely Aerial Ace.
    Think what you want, but personally chespin's animation for whatever the hell that move was looked like night slash regardless and strategically, why the hell would you use a flying type move on golurk when you can use night slash. But that's just my opinion.

I wonder how chespin'd look. As everyone and their mother knows, I've been gunning for a big bulky chespin.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    Because the animation was identical to Aerial Ace's animation.

Here's Chespin's move:

A black background with a red stripe, in which a downward cut is followed up an upward cut.

It's even clearer if you see it in the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzO6J981nAw&t=7m55s

Aerial Ace is based on a Japanese sword technique known as the Turning Swallow Cut. It consists of a quick downward slash followed immediately by an upward slash. That's exactly what we just saw.

For reference, here's a picture of Aerial Ace's animation in B2W2:

And again, it's even clearer when you see it in motion:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eun3YwUzeb0&t=1m07s

We just saw Swellow use Aerial Ace, and it was animated as... a black background with a red stripe, with a downward cut followed by an upward cut. Exactly the same.

Here's Night Slash in B2W2:

I mean, just look at that. It's definitely Aerial Ace.
    Think what you want, but personally chespin's animation for whatever the hell that move was looked like night slash regardless and strategically, why the hell would you use a flying type move on golurk when you can use night slash. But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    That didn't stop them in gen 1(Charizard), gen 3(Swampert), and in gen 4(Torterra).
    I know. It is what I fear. I sometimes think they have something against Grass types. But its already coded in by now and of course our opinions couldn't change it even if we wanted them too.

I know. It is what I fear. I sometimes think they have something against Grass types. But its already coded in by now and of course our opinions couldn't change it even if we wanted them too.
    I typically hate grass. this'll be the first time my first pick was grass. I hope I don't get let down, and chespin gets a decent typing and appearance.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Froakie but possibly become water/fighting or water/flying since its able to jump over a tall building..... as the info said
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by Emboss View Post
    Well, in that same trailer, a Litwick hit a Psyduck with Inferno. I'd say the people who made the trailer couldn't give a Raticate's *** about type matchups.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    I wonder how chespin'd look. As everyone and their mother knows, I've been gunning for a big bulky chespin.
    I'm hoping for something along Typhlosion's build. Something large maybe with some broad shoulders with chestnut styled armor plates. But I don't want fat. Enough bulk so he can roll up and do roll out is okay tho. Jus no Wailmer blubber builds.

Yeah, I've always wanted them to sort of balance everything out cuz nowadays there's only like a fewtypes that are really good competetively like dragon, fire, water, and what not. While all my grass, bug, flying and normal niqqas getting left in the dust and not even close to being compared with them nah mean? like a niqqa can't even walk with a lv 100 clefairy without gettin laughed at and gettin knocked the clefairy out by some lv 60 hydregion lol

I'm hoping for something along Typhlosion's build. Something large maybe with some broad shoulders with chestnut styled armor plates. But I don't want fat. Enough bulk so he can roll up and do roll out is okay tho. Jus no Wailmer blubber builds.
    I actually had a dream where chespin was a spiky grass typhlosion.

-My younger brother

I could be wrong since I haven't compared them stat and move wise side by side but it seems GF always favors the Fire Starters.

Oh and an ideal build to me for Chespin would be like the fakemon Hedgehog here http://pequedark-velvet.deviantart.c...12729265&qo=13

Maybe with some plate chestnut plant armor on broad shoulders with Chestnut styled Spikes.
    Last edited by Leocat; 12th May 2013 at 2:33 AM.

I could be wrong since I haven't compared them stat and move wise side by side but it seems GF always favors the Fire Starters.
    They put a lot more emphasis on fire-type starters because the fire-type pokemon of a region are always less than the grass and water-types.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Oh and an ideal build to me for Chespin would be like the fakemon Hedgehog here http://pequedark-velvet.deviantart.c...12729265&qo=13

Maybe with some plate chestnut plant armor on broad shoulders with Chestnut styled Spikes.
    Maybe with thicker arms, but I like it.

-My younger brother

Almost everyone favors the Fire starters......

Gen 1- i chose charmander for the first time being played

Gen 2- I chose cindaquil the first time

Gen 3- Chose Torchic

but in Gen 5 i chose Tirtwig
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

I admit I like Charmander and Typhlosion but I also liked Skeptile and don't hurt me.... Even Mudkip. Although I didn't like the appearance of Mudkip's final Evo.

Happened before, though.

I admit I like Charmander and Typhlosion but I also liked Skeptile and don't hurt me.... Even Mudkip. Although I didn't like the appearance of Mudkip's final Evo.
    Mudkip was good....its evo's helped alot at the electric gym

show some love for mudkip
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Happened before, though.
    Yes, I'm sure the only revenge we can get is through angry No Love for Chespin fan art directed at GF. I'll still likely start with Chespin tho unless the final Evo is something really Fugly looking.

Fennekin is my first choice... My second would be chespin, and third froakie. I just hope that fennekin doesn't evolve into ANOTHER fire/fighting type. We already have a bunch of those, we don't need more... Anyway, i like fennekin because it has that graceful look. Plus it's cute. Chespin is also cute, and it has a hoodie! Yay! And froakie is okay, i guess. The one that i'm most curious about is chespin though. I wonder how its final evolution is going to be like. Fennekin, too. Im curious about all of them, actually. I wish I could pick all three! > A <

Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    Almost everyone favors the Fire starters......

Gen 1- i chose charmander for the first time being played

Gen 2- I chose cindaquil the first time

Gen 3- Chose Torchic

but in Gen 5 i chose Tirtwig
    So true!!! I'mma fire niqqa, my favorite was torchic, called him fried chicken ctfu! But yeah, the only time I did not choose fire was black 2 cuz there will only be one and only one emboss and that was my niqqa in black 1, but i'mma keep it g, snivy was callin me, he was like "walk on the grassy side my niqqa, just this one time, I'mma real g" and he ain't disappoint til I fought iris and got knocked the fairy out

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheTyphlosion View Post
    Fennekin is my first choice... My second would be chespin, and third froakie. I just hope that fennekin doesn't evolve into ANOTHER fire/fighting type. We already have a bunch of those, we don't need more... Anyway, i like fennekin because it has that graceful look. Plus it's cute. Chespin is also cute, and it has a hoodie! Yay! And froakie is okay, i guess. The one that i'm most curious about is chespin though. I wonder how its final evolution is going to be like. Fennekin, too. Im curious about all of them, actually. I wish I could pick all three! > A <
    I kinda like Vulpix for my Fire Fox and although Fennekin looks cool I hope they don't get carried away with the fire ear tufts in the Evos so you have an Ear Hair wig or somtin. I'm not sure what would look best. A neat feral looking fire quad form or a biped brawler looking form like Zoroark.

Do you guys think more stuff was released about chespin do you think next month more info will be released about Froakie and fennekin
    Last edited by baconrules; 12th May 2013 at 6:01 AM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Page 467 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 367417457463464465466467468469470471477517567 ... LastLast