View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 472 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 372422462468469470471472473474475476482522572 ... LastLast
Results 11,776 to 11,800 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I have kinda of a bad memory for the first generation because the first time I played the game it was a friend game and I'm not sure if he had Blastoise or Charizard so.

Gen 1- I believe it was Charmander but migth have been Squirtle
    Gen 2- Cyndaquill(Gold)
    Gen 3- Treecko(Ruby)
    Gen 4- Chimchar
    Gen 5- Oshawott(because of Dewott), was going to go with Snivy, then saw Dewott and all the Oshawott memes and went with Oshawott, then saw Emboar and wanted to go Tepig but went Oshawott either way
    Gen 6- Rigth now going wit Froakie and I don't want to spoil myself besides CoroCoro, so I maybe chance opinion with the middle stage starters since they migth be revealed

My first starters were:

Gen 1 - Bulbasaur
    Gen 2 - Totodile (IIRC)
    Gen 3 - Treecko
    Gen 4 - Turtwig
    Gen 5 - Oshawott

Water starters: 2
    Grass starters: 3
    Fire starters: 0

But this time I want to do something new and fresh and I'm gonna start with:

Gen 6 - Fennekin
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

This gen I will definitely choose Chespin. It is just so cool designed... this is the first time im choosing a grass starter.

Gen1: Charmander
    Gen2: Cyndaquil
    Gen3: Torchic
    Gen4: Piplup
    Gen5: Oshawott

Im just rooting for a great final evo which design stays in the chespin concept
    currently playing pkm Y...

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I think Chespin's helmet will turn into a full body armor in its final evolution. Chespin could be based on a knight.
    i think that will happen also
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

I think this generation is one that has me torn among every starter. These starters are actually great!
    Froakie's current design looks great, and Chespin seems to have lots of potential as it evolves. Fennekin looks as if it has good competitive potential along with Chespin or Froakie (I think only one of these two will be vry good competitive-wise).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbean View Post
    Coro coro magazine proud to reveal all new never before seen mega evolutions of latios and latias (exclusive to japan)

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    I think this generation is one that has me torn among every starter. These starters are actually great!
    Froakie's current design looks great, and Chespin seems to have lots of potential as it evolves. Fennekin looks as if it has good competitive potential along with Chespin or Froakie (I think only one of these two will be vry good competitive-wise).
    indeed i normally know which oen i want right off teh bat after much consideration no matter what it's final form looks like i am chooseing chespin
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    indeed i normally know which oen i want right off teh bat after much consideration no matter what it's final form looks like i am chooseing chespin
    It all depends on the final form..but right now i have to go with Chespin

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    It all depends on the final form..but right now i have to go with Chespin
    I'll go with Chespin too ^_^
    But If the Final form Looks really awful(emboar)
    Then I'll have to go with a other starter, probably Fennekin since I don't like the artwork of Froakie

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    Then I'll have to go with a other starter, probably Fennekin since I don't like the artwork of Froakie
    any way one of you two know how to make those sprites like the ones in my black 2 part of my sig? if so should make one for chespin feenkin and froakie.

and if chespin ends up part rock type or something that gives him an edge i will not even care if the final form is emboar lvl. ugliness
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    any way one of you two know how to make those sprites like the ones in my black 2 part of my sig? if so should make one for chespin feenkin and froakie.

and if chespin ends up part rock type or something that gives him an edge i will not even care if the final form is emboar lvl. ugliness
    I just hope Chespin will be dark

Personally..i freaking loved Emboar..my favorite fire starter...

i think they may take a sandshrew approch with chespin like here

and funny how some fan art can look better then the real thing
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

What if Fennekin grew to become a Fire/Fairy type?

As do I. Grass/dark chespin would be one of the coolest things ever. And hopefully learn sucker punch ^_^

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Technically that type was never revealed, and if it was it would be to soon to judge. I personally don't want it to be fairy typed (mostly because I'm a guy and want something that says "mischievous" or "watch out for me" design for fennekin. No offense to anyone that wants a fairy type).
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I'm thinking that Chespin will become a bulky armored Grass pokemon with Very High Defence
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

I dont often go for the grass type so I think I will be choosing Chepsin,plus I belive froaki is overrated and im worried that Fenniken will become another fire/fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubois View Post
    I dont often go for the grass type so I think I will be choosing Chepsin,plus I belive froaki is overrated and im worried that Fenniken will become another fire/fighting.
    Nahh..... I dont think it will be fire/Fighting this time around
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    As do I. Grass/dark chespin would be one of the coolest things ever. And hopefully learn sucker punch ^_^
    Sucker punch is a nice move indeed ^_^

In a fake CC scan we saw the dark brown part on chespin's face become a bandit mask thingy thing for your eyes.
    Possible?

Quote Originally Posted by hen da man View Post
    I think this gen we have a fair idea of what we want out of the starters and how they will look (fingers crossed) and if GF can pull it across the line, hopefully the starters will be decent. I actually think this will be my hardest starter choice so far though.
    It is. I normally pick the starter right off the bat. But this is by far the hardest set to choose from ever. All three equally appeal to me. Only chespin is being ommited because i have picked grass starters for 3 generations now. Time for change

And i don't know if this belongs in this specific starter thread or whatever but i kind of want next Gen to have a new starter set with different types. Fighting, Psychic, and Dark perhaps. Or dragon, fairy, and something.. Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    It is. I normally pick the starter right off the bat. But this is by far the hardest set to choose from ever. All three equally appeal to me. Only chespin is being ommited because i have picked grass starters for 3 generations now. Time for change

And i don't know if this belongs in this specific starter thread or whatever but i kind of want next Gen to have a new starter set with different types. Fighting, Psychic, and Dark perhaps. Or dragon, fairy, and something.. Just a thought
    i had that idea but idk if it would even work
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by Dubois View Post
    Look at the poll, Froakie is the least popular one, I think he's underrated :P I really like his design, it's quite original for a water starter. Fire- and grass-type starters always get an outpour of their type in their design (leaves, flowers, etc. for grass, flames for fire) but there hasn't been a water starter yet that actually has some shown part of its type in its body. I think it's really cool that Froakie uses its foam so much!

Yea that is cool also......

Since some people think chespin will be grass/rock what if their dual types were grass/rock water/flying Fire/electric. It could work just think about it
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I just hope it becomes something more, I'm already torn between it and Gogoat. My choice is becoming more complicated and pragmatic at the same time:
    - Chespin: Starting to doubt between it and Gogoat
    - Froakie: Will probably end up being on my team for a good while, before being ditched forsomething else..
    - Fennekin: Has no chance of entering my team, unless it gains a Dark-type, as Yayakoma is definitely pulling the slack if it gets more Fire-type moves other then Flame Charge - and turns into something awesome.

See, I made the wish of getting a new Fire/Flying-type. And a Normal/Flying-type with Fire-type moves is the next best thing I'd guess. Eliminates that harsh 4x Rock weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Dude, welcome back? Haven't seen you since the end of DP/beginning of BW?

Quote Originally Posted by baconrules View Post
    Yea that is cool also......

Since some people think chespin will be grass/rock what if their dual types were grass/rock water/flying Fire/electric. It could work just think about it
    It's not a complete second trio of types though. Rock does not trump Electric..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I just hope it becomes something more, I'm already torn between it and Gogoat. My choice is becoming more complicated and pragmatic at the same time:
    - Chespin: Starting to doubt between it and Gogoat
    - Froakie: Will probably end up being on my team for a good while, before being ditched forsomething else..
    - Fennekin: Has no chance of entering my team, unless it gains a Dark-type, as Yayakoma is definitely pulling the slack if it gets more Fire-type moves other then Flame Charge - and turns into something awesome.

See, I made the wish of getting a new Fire/Flying-type. And a Normal/Flying-type with Fire-type moves is the next best thing I'd guess. Eliminates that harsh 4x Rock weakness.

Dude, welcome back? Haven't seen you since the end of DP/beginning of BW?

It's not a complete second trio of types though. Rock does not trump Electric..
    I agree. If that robin becomes awesome looking or fire/flying then I'd have second thoughts about Fennekin.

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

Page 472 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 372422462468469470471472473474475476482522572 ... LastLast