View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 474 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484524574 ... LastLast
Results 11,826 to 11,850 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

alright, well we now know that the move fennekin used in the trailer wasn't growl. because for one, because of the new trailer, pancham uses his new move parting shot which lowers your opponents attack and special attack. Also, the animation for the actual lowering of stats doesn't look like that in the trailer, it is similar to past animations for it. Plus, when parting shot is used, gogoat doesn't flinch from the move, so status moves don't cause flinching in this game like people have said. so, in conclusion, i am almost 100% sure now that the move fennekin used in the original trailer was psywave or psychic

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    So... PokéBeach's source seems legit, correctly called:
    - Parabolic Charge: Electric Type 'hp draining' move.
    - English names: Fletchling, Gogoat, Helioptile, Panchum

These have been confirmed, TODAY.

Meaning that the final evo's of the starters will, very likely be:
    - Fennekin > Fire/Psychic
    - Chespin > Grass/Fighting
    - Froakie > Water/Dark

Oh, and Fairy-type confirmed as well.. Oh boy... But that's a different discussion..

As for moves:

1. Chespin:
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Vine Whip
    - Rollout
    - Leech Seed
    - Aerial Ace
    - Solarbeam

2. Fennekin:
    - Flamethrower
    - Fire Spin
    - Psychic-type move

3. Froakie:
    - Fury Swipes
    - Water Pulse
    - Bubblebeam (likely what it was.

Oh boy.. :P
    Not necessarily, while it definitely gives for credit to his leaker remember that leakers have gotten part of a leak right before then have the rest turn out wrong (remember the Tauros evolution leaker in BW? He got the pledges right before that killed him). Having said that, I'll definitely take him more seriously.

Anyway, I like the starter typings. Water/dark and Fire/Psychic were expected and I know that's one of the typings I really wanted to see, Grass/Fighting's unusual but unique and I can see it working. Dual typing, I just hope they do it right because depending on that they could make it more complicated then it has to be.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 14th May 2013 at 3:49 PM.

A new region awaits us, soon we shall uncover and unlock everything it has to offer...

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Not necessarily, while it definitely gives for credit to his leaker remember that leakers have gotten part of a leak right before then have the rest turn out wrong (remember the Tauros evolution leaker in BW? He got the pledges right before that killed him). Having said that, I'll definitely take him more seriously.

Anyway, I like the starter typings. Water/dark and Fire/Psychic were expected and I know that's one of the typings I really wanted to see, Grass/Fighting's unusual but unique and I can see it working. Dual typing, I just hope they do it right because depending on that they could make it more complicated then it has to be.
    Unusual and unique? What about Breloom? And btw flying is x4, fire, ice, poison and psychic x2, not a huge combination imo..
    Fire/Psychic and Water/Dark are far better.. Froakie wolud probably be faster then Chespin and can learn ice moves, Fennekin will simply kill him cause of the dual type power.

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    Unusual and unique? What about Breloom? And btw flying is x4, fire, ice, poison and psychic x2, not a huge combination imo..
    Fire/Psychic and Water/Dark are far better.. Froakie wolud probably be faster then Chespin and can learn ice moves, Fennekin will simply kill him cause of the dual type power.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Froakie has access to acrobatics either which would destroy Chespin.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

No, I mean in terms of speculation. Everyone's been guessing Grass/Dark or Grass/Steel for its typing for it's something new in that regard. Also Grass/Fighting is a good typing if pulled off well, just ask Breloom. I'm more worried about Water/Dark since that typing hasn't been yet.

Anyway, what do you guys think the concept will be behind these guys if these typings are true? For instance I could definitely see the thief angle being played for Froakie now but what about the others?

A new region awaits us, soon we shall uncover and unlock everything it has to offer...

i see fire/psychic as a good type and water/ice, these seem fairly obvious. i'm not sure about grass/fighting, it seems likely, but you never seem to know. it will be good to know. i'm also not sure that froakie will be water/dark and really it doesn't look like it is very dark or evil.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard and Astaral Shadow of the Under

No, I mean in terms of speculation. Everyone's been guessing Grass/Dark or Grass/Steel for its typing for it's something new in that regard. Also Grass/Fighting is a good typing if pulled off well, just ask Breloom. I'm more worried about Water/Dark since that typing hasn't been yet.

Anyway, what do you guys think the concept will be behind these guys if these typings are true? For instance I could definitely see the thief angle being played for Froakie now but what about the others?
    Sharpedo says hi!! XD
    We already have all the three dual types:
    Breloom
    Victini
    Sharpedo

So the localisations basically confirm Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting and Water/Dark. I couldn't be happier. Now just to see how each of them look.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    i see fire/psychic as a good type and water/ice, these seem fairly obvious. i'm not sure about grass/fighting, it seems likely, but you never seem to know. it will be good to know. i'm also not sure that froakie will be water/dark and really it doesn't look like it is very dark or evil.
    You know he is the serious one of the three and if you look at the new wallpaper he is above a street lamp looking around suspicious like a thief.. Anyway you can't see him being dark cause it isn't, not yet at least..

Of all things, i hope the starters keep a sleek and simple design when they evolve. Instead of turning all huge and bulky

Jeez, if those types are true, there's more hate towards a grass starter then I've ever seen.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

LOOKING FOR LEGIT SHINY SEVIPER AND LINOONE! Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"Well maybe pokemon need friends too, sure they're in competition but they need to be loved as well. It's okay to have more than one kind of pokemon like Tyranitar, if you love it enough you can have another because the new one can never take the sentimental value of the orignal, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-4470 5123 1977

Guys.

Fighting/Dark/Psychic is NOT a viable type triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly.Braviary View Post
    The Psychic-Fighting-Dark triangle is not really a triangle. It needs to work both ways. Fighting is weak to Psychic, Dark is weak to Fighting, Psychic is weak to Dark, when looked at the other way, Fighting is not very effective against Psychic, Dark is NVE against Fighting, and Psychic has no damn effect on Dark. Dark is immune to Psychic. Thus, the 'triangle' is flawed.
    ~Deadly

plot, bounty hunters, crazed tax collectors
    a journeyfic by the most improved writer of 2012, second place
    what more could you want?

the Writers of Justice + the Fanfiction Mafia

banner and userbar by the fantastic Brutaka

PokeCommunity . Writers of Justice . FanFiction.Net

Guys.

~Deadly
    There we go. Never understood why it was wanted anyways. And like I said above, that makes them have both types weak to each other. Why want that?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

LOOKING FOR LEGIT SHINY SEVIPER AND LINOONE! Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"Well maybe pokemon need friends too, sure they're in competition but they need to be loved as well. It's okay to have more than one kind of pokemon like Tyranitar, if you love it enough you can have another because the new one can never take the sentimental value of the orignal, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-4470 5123 1977

Guys.

~Deadly
    In fact, Rock/Flying/Fighting is actually the only other triangle that works both ways besides Fire/Water/Grass. They don't resist themselves though, but it's still the best alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Well the pokebeach rumor has got me!

I believe that the starters will now be

Froakie
    Water/dark
    Slim, swift assassin?

Fennekin
    Fire/psychic
    Elegant but they will do something to seperate it from ninetales

Chespin
    Grass/fighting
    Either a bulky tank or a sand slash like warrior with armored shell

_____

Also will people please noticed that not all starters are equal and don't have to make a perfect triangle

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Just saying, if the rumours are true about Fairy being SE against Fighting, wouldn't Steel/Fairy/Fighting also work (assuming the resistances match up)?

Would have liked to see a unique type combo for at least 1 starter, but at least Fire/Psychic Fennekin evo isn't a Fighting type.
    Jumping on the Friend Safari Bandwagon!
    4167 - 4475 - 9473
    (Has Snorunt, Bergmite & Lapras)

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Well the pokebeach rumor has got me!

I believe that the starters will now be

Froakie
    Water/dark
    Slim, swift assassin?

Fennekin
    Fire/psychic
    Elegant but they will do something to seperate it from ninetales

Chespin
    Grass/fighting
    Either a bulky tank or a sand slash like warrior with armored shell

_____

Also will people please noticed that not all starters are equal and don't have to make a perfect triangle
    Agree with this post entirely; swift assassin kind of thing is a great idea, make the Fennekin evos keep the elegant look but set them apart from Ninetails.
    Since Sandslash is one of my favorites, I really hope they do make Chespin have spikes and an armored shell; could turn out really well.

And agree with the bold.

Sigh...now if the Pokebeach rumors hold true, Chespin will probably be the worst between this trio of starters =/ Still not gonna stop me from using Chespin.

My favorites team:

I would love froakie to be a slim water assassin, I have been thinking it was going to be a water/fighting type(I would love that as well) but I'm not sure about anything anymore. I never believe rumors but who knows they might be true this time. I just hope he isn't super bulky or they change him from being a from to a turtle or something (like how an otter turned into a sea lion wtf).

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin17 View Post
    Sigh...now if the Pokebeach rumors hold true, Chespin will probably be the worst between this trio of starters =/ Still not gonna stop me from using Chespin.
    What is so bad about Grass/Fighting???
    It is a really nice combo!

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    What is so bad about Grass/Fighting???
    It is a really nice combo!
    Just in comparison to the other starters haha. I like it because I love Breloom. But having my one-on-one starter vs. starter with friends may be tough now if the rumors are really true lol. Fennekin has 2 advantages over Chespin, and Froakie it looks like is going to be fast. Plus water types usually have an ice type move.

My favorites team:

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin17 View Post
    Just in comparison to the other starters haha. I like it because I love Breloom. But having my one-on-one starter vs. starter with friends may be tough now if the rumors are really true lol. Fennekin has 2 advantages over Chespin, and Froakie it looks like is going to be fast. Plus water types usually have an ice type move.
    Fennekin may have the advantage but we already know Chespin gets Rollout so he may get other rock moves or ground moves or even dark and ghost moves. It's odd how the starter you're weak against is stronger with both types for all 3. That is if these rumors are legit.

Totally random, but this looks to be the first game in which the starters are obtained knowing elemental attacks. Previous games just had them with a Normal-type damaging move and a stat debuff move.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Pokemon can be good if you lower your standards a bit, and not expect anything good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    So the localisations basically confirm Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting and Water/Dark. I couldn't be happier. Now just to see how each of them look.
    How exactly does the localization confirm it?

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    How exactly does the localization confirm it?
    It doesn't confirm it but it at least it has a leg to stand on for now.

Page 474 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484524574 ... LastLast