View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 475 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 375425465471472473474475476477478479485525575 ... LastLast
Results 11,851 to 11,875 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    It doesn't confirm it but it at least it has a leg to stand on for now.
    I mean, as in how, I don't see it (because I didn't pay attention to certain details I guess)?

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    I mean, as in how, I don't see it (because I didn't pay attention to certain details I guess)?
    The person who gave WPM of Pokebeach the english names before they were revealed this morning also said those typings.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

The person who gave WPM of Pokebeach the english names before they were revealed this morning also said those typings.
    Ah, and considering he/she was right about the previous "leak." That certainly gives it a leg to stand on.

So i looked at the screen caps from poke beach and noticed a few things....
    Chespin learns roll out, but does not share the round body shape of non rock types that learn that move i think rock may be a possible secondary typing.
    Fennekin has tail whip as its starting debuff move, wich means that move from the original trailer was not growl. Plus when panchum used parting remark on gogoat there was a stat lowering animation, which was absent from from fennekins move. another thing that stuck out was that he can learn howl a move given to canine based pkmns most of which are physically based.
    Froakie learns quick attack a move given only to speedy pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom champion Z View Post
    Chespin learns roll out, but does not share the round body shape of non rock types that learn that move i think rock may be a possible secondary typing.
    It's a hedgehog, they roll up into balls to defend themselves.

Lol true i totally forgot about that.

Fennekin has tail whip as its starting debuff move, wich means that move from the original trailer was not growl. Plus when panchum used parting remark on gogoat there was a stat lowering animation, which was absent from from fennekins move. another thing that stuck out was that he can learn howl a move given to canine based pkmns most of which are physically based.
    It wasn't absent from Fennekin's showing, the 1st trailer just wasn't long enough to see the full effects of the move, whether it increased/decreased stats.

lots of Pokemon that earn Rollout dont really have the body for it... and most dont evolve into Rock Types you cant judge a Pokemon by its moves its a grass type so it probally learns Rollout due to its Flying and Fire weakness also Howl is actually learned by quite a few specially attacking cannines

yeah that is true, but why would it learn growl later on? Pokemon that learn growl usually learn it upon hatching, and fennekin's starting debuff is tail whip. They had froakie and chespin use damaging non-elemental moves in addition to their elemental moves. How lame would it be to have one Pokemon use growl while the others are knocking around their opponents whit whatever those moves were.
    Last edited by Phantom champion Z; 14th May 2013 at 10:05 PM.

lol so right off the bat feenikin will know ember that's not gonna be a pretty battle with your rival if you pick chespin
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Again, going to point out that Growl also doesn't cause a damaging animation due to being a status move, meaning the move Fennekin used in its debut trailer must have been damaging.

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    lol so right off the bat feenikin will know ember that's not gonna be a pretty battle with your rival if you pick chespin
    It'll happen no matter what starter you pick - they all start with elemental attacks.

Maybe this means there won't be a rival battle at the start this time? At least, there wouldn't really be a way to win, since you'd have no other Pokemon, especially on Challenge Mode if that returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    It'll happen no matter what starter you pick - they all start with elemental attacks.

Maybe this means there won't be a rival battle at the start this time? At least, there wouldn't really be a way to win, since you'd have no other Pokemon, especially on Challenge Mode if that returns.
    Thinking about it, I actually like that concept. Your first battle with your rival starts you off as a disadvantage. So, if you lose, you get just a Pokedex or something. BUT, if you win (possibly on account of some lucky critical hits), you get some sort of prize (like a lot of money or the Starter not chosen).
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    lots of Pokemon that earn Rollout dont really have the body for it... and most dont evolve into Rock Types you cant judge a Pokemon by its moves its a grass type so it probally learns Rollout due to its Flying and Fire weakness also Howl is actually learned by quite a few specially attacking cannines
    I overlooked the fact that chespin is based on a hedgehog meaning that rollout is appropriate. After looking at the attack dex about 90 percent of the Pokemon who can learn rollout have round bodies, evolve into or from pokemon with rounded bodies or have the means to make their bodies round even the rock types. As for howl It seems to be a move given to canine pokemon by default.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    BUT, if you win (possibly on account of some lucky critical hits), you get some sort of prize (like a lot of money or the Starter not chosen).
    No. I'm not resetting my game fifty times just to get another starter.

Also, in Chespin v. Fennekin, even assuming the player crits with Tackle, it would be impossible to win if the AI spams Ember unless the player is blessed with exceptionally good IVs.

Receiving a second starter is way too big a reward, if there is an early rival battle it would be the definition of hands on learning when it comes to type match ups.

Are people still thinking Fennekin is Fire/Psychic? I hope we don't go back to it until we get official info.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Are people still thinking Fennekin is Fire/Psychic? I hope we don't go back to it until we get official info.
    The person who leaked the 4 English names before their official release today said that its final evolved form will be Fire/Psychic, with Chespin's being Grass/Fighting and Froakie's Water/Dark.

We know the starters themselves all have no second type to begin with.

we have chespins sprite And he's number 2 on the dex according to the dex photo we have on serbi
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team

Either...
    we start off with an elemental move and fight the first fight at a disadvantage.
    we have the rival battle a little later on, giving us chance to train and so not be utterly destroyed.
    we get the starter at an earlier level, such as 1 or 3, and it learns it at level 5.

orrrrr we just get on with it because the rival is just gonna spam a status move anyway.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

we have chespins sprite And he's number 2 on the dex according to the dex photo we have on serbi
    What image says he's #2? I'm looking at the dex images and neither says a thing about what number he is.

What image says he's #2? I'm looking at the dex images and neither says a thing about what number he is.
    thoght it was this one http://www.serebii.net/xy/46.jpg

but i might be mistaken

sprite is from here http://www.serebii.net/xy/47.jpg
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team

Maybe they don't actually start with an elemental move? After all, the developers could have given them any moves they wanted. It's not final yet. But if so, maybe they want you to lose the first battle no matter what? Part of the story.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

thoght it was this one http://www.serebii.net/xy/46.jpg

but i might be mistaken

sprite is from here http://www.serebii.net/xy/47.jpg
    Thats how many Pokemon have been seen in those areas; 9 in central and 2 in mountain, not Chespin's Pokedex number.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoom View Post
    Thats how many Pokemon have been seen in those areas; 9 in central and 2 in mountain, not Chespin's Pokedex number.
    Yeah I'm confused as to why people are relating that number to Chespin's... It's not its Pokedex number people.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizardmaster#1 View Post
    Maybe they don't actually start with an elemental move? After all, the developers could have given them any moves they wanted. It's not final yet. But if so, maybe they want you to lose the first battle no matter what? Part of the story.
    Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I can't see them being given to you straight off the bat, but GameFreak has done weirder things...

Page 475 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 375425465471472473474475476477478479485525575 ... LastLast