View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 490 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 390440480486487488489490491492493494500540590 ... LastLast
Results 12,226 to 12,250 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    because tackle can totally counter many pokemon. especially with meganium's beastly attack stat /sarcasm.

anyway, I love the possibility of a water/fighting started and I hope it gets close combat if it indeed is water/fighting as well as speedy.
    Wow if that happened goodbye chespin
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by baconrules View Post
    Wow if that happened goodbye chespin
    Yeah, if froakie's fighting, chespin is kinda screwed. Unless he is fighting.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

IMPOSTER DITTO-Pm for offers

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Yeah, if froakie's fighting, chespin is kinda screwed. Unless he is fighting.
    I'm pretty certain that Froakie will evolve into a Water/Dark, due to its resemblance to a Japanese dorobou (not my theory, but it is a quality speculation worth gathering) - or as we know in English - a thief (of a peculiar oriental design).

Example

My interest in the the traditional Wizard-Warrior-Rogue triangle in RPGs also assisted my desire, and from it a speculation that perhaps Fennekin would evolve into a Psychic (Wizard), Chespin into a Fighting (Warrior), and Froakie's design already has in its constellation that it will most likely evolve into a Dark (Rogue/Thief). That, or the fan-desired Psychic-vs-Fighting-vs-Dark triangle that somewhat reflects similar advantage points to Fire-vs-Water-vs-Grass, just not as perfectly.

Aside: Did I mention that the rumor also reflects very similar projections to mine? If that isn't a sign that I'm on the right track, perhaps there is none.
    Last edited by Professor Squirtle; 15th May 2013 at 11:15 PM.

A
    H
    H
    H...

in my opinion the pokebeach rumor is fake, the way they changed the combinations (after the pokedex entry?) is almost ridiculous. (''Oopsies'', really?)

I believe froakie is really water/fighting and fennekin fire/psyquic, but chespin grass/dark with 7 weakness (4x bug) and gyms being bug, fairy, fighting is too much, and he is maybe the slower starter, a horrible combination, definitely not happening.

I asked Hiro on twitter about chespin being grass/steel or grass/dark and he said no to the 2 combinations, I prefer believe him.

About the speed of Chespin, I think the last evolution = 70.

HP = 90
    attack = 110
    defense = 100
    sp.attack = 85
    sp.defense = 75
    speed = 70

grass/rock

Quote Originally Posted by williamdrake View Post
    in my opinion the pokebeach rumor is fake, the way they changed the combinations (after the pokedex entry?) is almost ridiculous. (''Oopsies'', really?)

I believe froakie is really water/fighting and fennekin fire/psyquic, but chespin grass/dark with 7 weakness (4x bug) and gyms being bug, fairy, fighting is too much, and he is maybe the slower starter, a horrible combination, definitely not happening.

I asked Hiro on twitter about chespin being grass/steel or grass/dark and he said no to the 2 combinations, I prefer believe him.
    They where correct about the Names so we should find out if the other stuff is real in a few days *fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by williamdrake View Post

About the speed of Chespin, I think the last evolution = 70.

HP = 90
    attack = 110
    defense = 100
    sp.attack = 85
    sp.defense = 75
    speed = 70

grass/rock
    Is there an actually plausible basis for any of this? Designs pointing to these conclusions? Anything besides self-indulgent conjectures?

A
    H
    H
    H...

It would be funny if you chose Chespin (assuming it turns out Grass/Dark) and all the trainers in the game had Bug Pokemon & moves.

I know PokeBeach is likely right BUT my ideal Chespin final evo would be Grass/Rock or Grass/Ground. He'd look like a sleek, petrified wood warrior (like he's covered in Sudowoodo/Bonsly-like armor). Similar to the Oshawott-family, his armor/weaponry would be detachable. He'd even have a Leaf Blade sword and maybe even a chestnut shield. As far as his stats go...

HP = 85
    Attack = 110
    Defense = 100
    Sp.Attack = 60
    Sp.Defense = 90
    Speed = 90

BASE STAT = 535

...Technically, Grass/Fighting could work for this design too but I much prefer a mineral type (Rock, Ground, or even Steel) to fit the bill. So, what do you all think?? Would this guy fit in well with the other Final Evo Grass Starters??
    Last edited by LeoP2008; 15th May 2013 at 11:37 PM.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    My ideal Chespin final evo would be Grass/Rock or Grass/Ground. He'd look like a sleek, petrified wood warrior (like he's covered in Sudowoodo/Bonsly-like armor). Similar to the Oshawott-family, his armor/weaponry would be detachable. He'd even have a Leaf Blade sword and maybe even a chestnut shield. As far as his stats go...

HP = 85
    Attack = 110
    Defense = 100
    Sp.Attack = 60
    Sp.Defense = 90
    Speed = 90

BASE STAT = 535

...So, what do you all think?? Would this guy fit in well with the other Final Evo Grass Starters??
    That would be cool but it dooms to human if it sounded a little more like a pokemon it would be awesome
    Don't get me wrong though it sounds cool

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Squirtle View Post
    Is there an actually plausible basis for any of this? Designs pointing to these conclusions? Anything besides self-indulgent conjectures?
    For rock? His shell.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Eh, still, a dark starter? Aren't your starter supposed to be your bestest friends?
    You can be friends with a Dark type. They're the friendliest Pokemon. xD Isn't that right Godzilla? *Pets a Tyranitar* Who's a good dinosaur? You're a good dinosaur? Yes you are, yes your are! <3

Godzilla: ^w^

Seriously though, not all Dark types are evil. Just misunderstood and/or mischievous.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 16th May 2013 at 1:19 AM.
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    You can be friends with a Dark type. They're the friendliest Pokemon. xD Isn't that right Godzilla? *Pets a Tyranitar* Who's a good sinosaur? You're a good dinosaur? Yes you are, yes your are! <3

Godzilla: ^w^

Seriously though, not all Dark types are evil. Just misunderstood and/or mischievous.
    I suppose. Still, dark is a horrible type for him.

-My younger brother

For rock? His shell.
    But that's the Grass type part of the design.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

For rock? His shell.
    No, for almost everything aside from that tiny easily missed tidbit placed at the bottom.

I suppose. Still, dark is a horrible type for him.
    For whom? For Chespin, sure. By design, Chespin does not hint at all that it possesses a nature akin to Dark-type Pokemon. Froakie does, at least the onset of a Dark nature in his design. Chespin looks more like a small knight in armor than a Dark being.
    Last edited by Professor Squirtle; 16th May 2013 at 1:01 AM.

A
    H
    H
    H...

I really want froakie to be water/dark and not water/fighting.. I mean, we already have two fighting type frogs.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I really want froakie to be water/dark and not water/fighting.. I mean, we already have two fighting type frogs.
    You do realize that regardless of frogs having fighting type, that doesn't mean that they're the same. That's like saying, "Okay nature, we have enough frogs, stop making new variations of frog species." And considering how close Pokemon is to nature, it doesn't make sense to say that.

Toxicroak - poison dart frog
    Poliwrath - tadpole (neoteny at work, hence why we have the opposite Politoed representing the final frog evo, because the tadpole "metamorphosed" into a frog)

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    You do realize that regardless of frogs having fighting type, that doesn't mean that they're the same. That's like saying, "Okay nature, we have enough frogs, stop making new variations of frog species." And considering how close Pokemon is to nature, it doesn't make sense to say that.

Toxicroak - poison dart frog
    Poliwrath - tadpole (neoteny at work, hence why we have the opposite Politoed representing the final frog evo, because the tadpole "metamorphosed" into a frog)
    There are probably 50+ breeds of dogs.
    Would you be happy with that many dog pokemon? Or would you feel they are running out of ideas/get a little sick of them?

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Squirtle View Post
    No, for almost everything aside from that tiny easily missed tidbit placed at the bottom.

For whom? For Chespin, sure. By design, Chespin does not hint at all that it possesses a nature akin to Dark-type Pokemon. Froakie does, at least the onset of a Dark nature in his design. Chespin looks more like a small knight in armor than a Dark being.
    That and its a horrible type for him in general. Bug's rather common.

Also, I hate the knight idea. And what about the bottom?

-My younger brother

I agree with Dark being bad for Chespin. That would make Chespin's family have the highest number of weaknesses of any starter, and that hardly seems fair unless they give it REALLY good moves and stats.
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9186-8386 Pokemon Found: Mienfoo, Throw, Breloom

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    It isn't the same as saying what you're suggesting. You don't capture frogs, battle with them, and have a favorite for its attributes accessible in battle. Animals/monsters in Pokemon and animals in "real Life" do not share the same fundamental qualities. We also cannot ask nature to stop doing something because it disagrees with the majority's viewpoint. We can ask Gamefreak to stop doing something because we disagree with what they are doing (they probably won't listen to most of it). I do not agree that another Water/Fighting frog is a horrible event, but I certainly find flaw in that argument.

Besides, Froakie is going to evolve into a Water/Dark. I'm quite certain of it.

A
    H
    H
    H...

Quote Originally Posted by Furret Master View Post
    I agree with Dark being bad for Chespin. That would make Chespin's family have the highest number of weaknesses of any starter, and that hardly seems fair unless they give it REALLY good moves and stats.
    Yeah, and as a grass starter, he'll most likely get shafted in that area too.

-My younger brother

It's a real shame that I don't have ideas so that people I don't know will like them. And you should re-read the post I responded to in order to understand the context of my original statement.

A
    H
    H
    H...

Yeah, and as a grass starter, he'll most likely get shafted in that area too.
    True. Bad typing would likely cause him to fall into the lower tiers, even NU. Dang, let's just get starters that can be inn UU or even OU.
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9186-8386 Pokemon Found: Mienfoo, Throw, Breloom

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Polirath, Froakie, and Toxicroak

Quote Originally Posted by Furret Master View Post
    True. Bad typing would likely cause him to fall into the lower tiers, even NU. Dang, let's just get starters that can be inn UU or even OU.
    Don't care about competitive, but yeah. Give it a decent typing at least.

^Have all the ideas you want, buddy. I've been saying I hate the knight idea for months. Its not against you.

-My younger brother

Page 490 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 390440480486487488489490491492493494500540590 ... LastLast