View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 510 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 410460500506507508509510511512513514520560610 ... LastLast
Results 12,726 to 12,750 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #12726
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Not necessarily, you could have Dark types that are also double-typed with different types and they could still be helpful. For instance, If Pancham does evolve into Dark/Fighting, and Chespin ends up becoming a special-oriented Grass/Dark, I could sure use Pancham's evo for the physical side, and adds another dimension to the team (and vice versa). It's all about what kinds of role you want them to play in your team.
    Good point. Don't know what they're going for then.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

  2. #12727
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    As for looking at the types of the pokemon... I never have two of the same on my team, and I usually only get pokemon that have high attack/special attack.
    so say I had Heatran, I wouldn't get any other fire or steel types to be on my team.

    <-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

    Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

  3. #12728
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hiatus
    Posts
    7,746

    Default

    I cared a little about types, but only because of weaknesses. In Sinnoh, I had Gastrodon, Torterra, and Rhyperior (all Ground-types) all on one team. Earlier in that same game I had the first two and a Garchomp. Doubling types is not an issue. The role of the Pokemon matters more in my opinion, so making all of the starters dual-typed isn't really a problem. In fact, I think it makes them more useful.

  4. #12729
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    I cared a little about types, but only because of weaknesses. In Sinnoh, I had Gastrodon, Torterra, and Rhyperior (all Ground-types) all on one team. Earlier in that same game I had the first two and a Garchomp. Doubling types is not an issue. The role of the Pokemon matters more in my opinion, so making all of the starters dual-typed isn't really a problem. In fact, I think it makes them more useful.
    Its really fun when you realize that 5/6 of your team is weak to ground.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

  5. #12730
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Its really fun when you realize that 5/6 of your team is weak to ground.
    Wait, you mean ice?

  6. #12731
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mt. Coronet
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Honestly, types have only so much bearing in the long run. Yes, it's a better idea to have a balanced team with six different types (unless you're doing a mono-type challenge) but it's far from an absolute necessity. What's more important is how you can work around those types' weaknesses by teaching them moves to cover them. Strategy is a big part of Pokemon, after all...

    I could say the same about stats and movepools in that regard, but that'd turn into a rant and I don't want to start that up here...

    To stay on topic, if Chespin does end up more defensively-oriented, I'll be praying to my lucky stars that it's not Grass/Dark. As much as I love my Dark-types, it's not such a good combination when it's not offensive... Here's hoping for Grass/Rock, or, to sate the people who want "balanced" starters, Grass/Steel. (I want to be able to pummel my rival's Fennekin with my starter- it's a tradition! But I'll work around it...)

    And it'd be pretty cool to see Froakie be the fast one this time around. We're way overdue for a speedy Water-type starter. The only thing I can't figure out is whether, assuming it does turn out Water/Fighting, it'll be physically-oriented or specially-oriented. Mixed could work out in an interesting way, though...

    Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

    Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

  7. #12732
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    739

    Default

    To stay on topic, if Chespin does end up more defensively-oriented, I'll be praying to my lucky stars that it's not Grass/Dark. As much as I love my Dark-types, it's not such a good combination when it's not offensive... Here's hoping for Grass/Rock, or, to sate the people who want "balanced" starters, Grass/Steel. (I want to be able to pummel my rival's Fennekin with my starter- it's a tradition! But I'll work around it...)

    And it'd be pretty cool to see Froakie be the fast one this time around. We're way overdue for a speedy Water-type starter. The only thing I can't figure out is whether, assuming it does turn out Water/Fighting, it'll be physically-oriented or specially-oriented. Mixed could work out in an interesting way, though...
    Nice summary and I agree with your ideas. Ido see Froakie going more physical then special just based on design and it's pokedex entry also stated it was "light and strong" mayber hinting towards High Speed and Attack?
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

  8. #12733
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Froakie(final Evo):
    HP:•••
    Attack: ••••
    Defense: •••
    Sp Attack: •••
    Sp Defense: •••
    Speed: •••••

    Pretty much all around except in the Speed and Attack categories.

    Fennekin(final):
    HP: •••
    Attack: •••
    Defense: ••
    Sp Attack: •••••
    Sp Defense: •••
    Speed: ••••

    Low Defense, but high Sp Attack to go with decent Speed

    Chespin(final):
    HP: ••••
    Attack: •••••
    Defense: ••••
    Sp Attack: ••
    Sp Defense: •••
    Speed: ••

    Huge Attack, HP, and Defense to compensate for low Speed, Sp Def, and Sp Atk.
    Last edited by Shraeder; 21st May 2013 at 5:30 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  9. #12734
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    85

    Default

    I can see Chespin becoming a powerful tank, what if he developed a spiky ball at the end of his tail his tail then becomes to heavy so he uses his tail as a flail like a medieval knight.

  10. #12735
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Its really fun when you realize that 5/6 of your team is weak to ground.
    That's how I felt when running my sand team in the battle subway and getting demolished by a POS quagsire at a streak of 38

  11. #12736
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Here is some concept art I drew up. I'm no pro artist but I did my best
    [IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/9lewlh.jpg[/IMG]

    The idea here is

    Well...

    Grass > Water > Fire > Grass, you know that three way thing with the starters right?

    Well now we would have

    Croaked (Water/Ghost)

    He would be absolutely SCREWED vs. Chespike (Grass/Dark)

    Chespike would be absolutely screwed vs. Fennekick (Fire/Fighting)

    & Finally to complete the circle, Fennekick is indeed screwed if put againt Croaked (Again, Water/Ghost)

    So the theme here is to give all the starters a second type, yet for them to all have that same idea going on where no matter which one you pick each is strong against 1, weak to the other
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/1rt0ts.jpg[/IMG]
    https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&...15-61212-99488
    Or 15-61212-99488 (Watch on your DS)
    (^Good battle video of mine)

  12. #12737
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krookodile777 View Post
    Here is some concept art I drew up. I'm no pro artist but I did my best
    [IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/9lewlh.jpg[/IMG]

    The idea here is

    Well...

    Grass > Water > Fire > Grass, you know that three way thing with the starters right?

    Well now we would have

    Croaked (Water/Ghost)

    He would be absolutely SCREWED vs. Chespike (Grass/Dark)

    Chespike would be absolutely screwed vs. Fennekick (Fire/Fighting)

    & Finally to complete the circle, Fennekick is indeed screwed if put againt Croaked (Again, Water/Ghost)

    So the theme here is to give all the starters a second type, yet for them to all have that same idea going on where no matter which one you pick each is strong against 1, weak to the other
    Your drawing is no good bro, and the ideas are terrible, and they will never make another Fire/Fighting pokemon....

  13. #12738
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azureflame92 View Post
    Your drawing is no good bro, and the ideas are terrible, and they will never make another Fire/Fighting pokemon....
    That's what you think but they already did it 3 times, what's going to stop them from doing it again lol

    Really the point is to give them all 2nd types that makes them even weaker to 1 of their counterparts and even stronger to the other

    So I guess the 2nd types could all be substituted for different 2nd types. It just depends on which 2nd types. Especially if there really are brand new types in X & Y.

    Alternately it would be interesting to give them a 2nd type that nuetralizes the strengths/weakness to the other 2 starters.
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/1rt0ts.jpg[/IMG]
    https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&...15-61212-99488
    Or 15-61212-99488 (Watch on your DS)
    (^Good battle video of mine)

  14. #12739
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krookodile777 View Post
    That's what you think but they already did it 3 times, what's going to stop them from doing it again lol

    Really the point is to give them all 2nd types that makes them even weaker to 1 of their counterparts and even stronger to the other

    So I guess the 2nd types could all be substituted for different 2nd types. It just depends on which 2nd types. Especially if there really are brand new types in X & Y.

    Alternately it would be interesting to give them a 2nd type that nuetralizes the strengths/weakness to the other 2 starters.
    Have you ever heard of (Dark>Psychic>Fighting>Dark>Psychic)

    that will sound better, first of all Fennikin looks more of Psychic/Dark Pokemon...

    Chespin could become any Physical type....I think Fighting is the most fitting....

    Froakie can become a decent Drak type....specially Dark and Water has no common weakness....

  15. #12740
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,583

    Default

    Don't post or discuss fan art here, even stuff you made

  16. #12741
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    I just want Froakie to be Water/Fighting purely because 1: Battle Toads 2: Kung Fu Frog

    I just imagine his final form sitting on a lily pad in half lotus meditative stance.

    All they need to do is give him Infernape's stats and movepool. Replace all fire attacks with water attacks and fire punch with ice punch. Dream world ability should be technician and we have the recipe for a BAMF...*Salivates*

    I just want one fast water starter can be a sweeper.

    This needs to come true

    [IMG]article-2130109-129B5BB6000005DC-145_634x448.jpg[/IMG]

  17. #12742
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SageofTruth View Post
    I just want Froakie to be Water/Fighting purely because 1: Battle Toads 2: Kung Fu Frog

    I just imagine his final form sitting on a lily pad in half lotus meditative stance.

    All they need to do is give him Infernape's stats and movepool. Replace all fire attacks with water attacks and fire punch with ice punch. Dream world ability should be technician and we have the recipe for a BAMF...*Salivates*

    I just want one fast water starter can be a sweeper.

    This needs to come true

    [IMG]article-2130109-129B5BB6000005DC-145_634x448.jpg[/IMG]
    That would be perfect..just make it a bit bigger and don't make the eyes of Frokaie's final form similar to the frog's eyes in the picture..they are creppy..

  18. #12743
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    That would be perfect..just make it a bit bigger and don't make the eyes of Frokaie's final form similar to the frog's eyes in the picture..they are creppy..
    His CoroCoro description is the perfect recipe for a kicking specialist like Blaziken. I can totally see him getting Hi- jump kick, Sky uppercut. I think they gave him long limbs for a reason. The first water starter to break the 100 base speed is on its way. I feel it. Hopefully gamefreak creates a move like Hydro charge that's 120 bp and does recoil. If he ends up being decent I could see his dream world ability being limber or something like that. It's about time we get another water sweeper that is naturally fast. Starmie is losing it's edge and Keldeo has a poor move pool. This will make up for Samurott's atrocious stat distribution.

  19. #12744
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,045

    Default

    Yeah it makes sense but it also made sense for Oshawott to me figthing/water due to being a samurai and it didn't happen, I just hope this time he really is that typing, I feel its the typing that most fits Froakie(if he turns out to be similar to what I imagine).

  20. #12745
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Yeah it makes sense but it also made sense for Oshawott to me figthing/water due to being a samurai and it didn't happen, I just hope this time he really is that typing, I feel its the typing that most fits Froakie(if he turns out to be similar to what I imagine).
    I think Samurott remained water only because Samurai are known to be pure and it gives it sense of purity...

  21. #12746
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Yeah it makes sense but it also made sense for Oshawott to me figthing/water due to being a samurai and it didn't happen, I just hope this time he really is that typing, I feel its the typing that most fits Froakie(if he turns out to be similar to what I imagine).
    Well put. I agree with you 100%.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  22. #12747
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,660

    Default

    So.. Instead of Froakie ending up Water/Dark, it is now again ending up as Water/Fighting? And Chespin viceversa? Is somebody pulling our chains or what?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  23. #12748
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    5,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    So.. Instead of Froakie ending up Water/Dark, it is now again ending up as Water/Fighting? And Chespin viceversa? Is somebody pulling our chains or what?
    It's a mistake on WPM's part. He mistakenly swapped the secondary typing when he first leaked it.

    .: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  24. #12749
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    It's a mistake on WPM's part. He mistakenly swapped the secondary typing when he first leaked it.
    I know its nitpicky, but that makes me suspicious.

    And I'd like chespin to have a bit longer muzzle. Floatzel sized at least.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

  25. #12750
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Undella town
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    I know its nitpicky, but that makes me suspicious.

    And I'd like chespin to have a bit longer muzzle. Floatzel sized at least.
    Yea i think it would be cool as long as ot not too long and makes him look like some kind of rat. But my image of his final evo is a tall muscular bipedal hedgehog with loafs of spikes (for fighting type) . And if hes part dark i can see him as a hooded bipedal mammal of some description.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

    5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

    6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

    Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Page 510 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 410460500506507508509510511512513514520560610 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •