View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 513 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 413463503509510511512513514515516517523563613 ... LastLast
Results 12,801 to 12,825 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    and if chespin is indeed grass/dark then it would be weak to all of them..

Bug x4 (grass and dark)
    Fighting x2 (dark)
    Fairy x2 (dark)
    Yeah, I really hope those stay rumors.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My drilbur in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Yeah, I really hope those stay rumors.
    More of a challenge, the charmander of this gen.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    yeah i remember picking charmander and having trouble teh first gym i forget what i did i think i trained until lvl 13 when it learned metal claw, or i caught a mankey one or the other, i had slight knowledge before playing i had seen my siblings play sliver crystal my first game was firered, besides chespin learns roll out early on so he's good even if the rumros are true rock is strong against bug
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

I like challenges, just not being ripped apart by every other pokemon. Fighting and bug are very common.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

My drilbur in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    yeah i remember picking charmander and having trouble teh first gym i forget what i did i think i trained until lvl 13 when it learned metal claw, or i caught a mankey one or the other, i had slight knowledge before playing i had seen my siblings play sliver crystal my first game was firered, besides chespin learns roll out early on so he's good even if the rumros are true rock is strong against bug
    I had bulbasaur in my first play through in old red but I did have a go with charmander and he didn't learn metal claw then, Brock was a beast I had managed to pick up a caterpie and a pidgy by then so I was we'll prepared.....

But good point roll out does cover a lot really even SE agaisnt fennekin very early.

I had bulbasaur in my first play through in old red but I did have a go with charmander and he didn't learn metal claw then, Brock was a beast I had managed to pick up a caterpie and a pidgy by then so I was we'll prepared.....

But good point roll out does cover a lot really even SE agaisnt fennekin very early.
    Rollout will help, but grass/dark is kind of a horrible typing.

-My younger brother

I kind of hope that they just stay pure types, though dual types could be intresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shuckle View Post
    I kind of hope that they just stay pure types, though dual types could be intresting.
    Chespin really needs a dual typing, grass has like twice the weaknesses fire/water do.

-My younger brother

Yeah I was more having a moment of realisation with him learning roll out, and being able to use it on fennekin mind = blown.

I had high hopes for a grass/rock typing so the rumours let me down a little there but I could live with grass/dark, just had to catch plenty of support.

Yeah I was more having a moment of realisation with him learning roll out, and being able to use it on fennekin mind = blown.

I had high hopes for a grass/rock typing so the rumours let me down a little there but I could live with grass/dark, just had to catch plenty of support.
    If he looks decent and gets a decent move pool, I could live with it.

-My younger brother

If he looks decent and gets a decent move pool, I could live with it.
    The thing is dislike about the starters is I like to pick mine taking into account the full evolution, why must you keep us in the Dark [pun intended ] on these of all details.

The thing is dislike about the starters is I like to pick mine taking into account the full evolution, why must you keep us in the Dark [pun intended ] on these of all details.
    Nice. Hopefully, july-ish we'll get the 2nd form.

-My younger brother

Nice. Hopefully, july-ish we'll get the 2nd form.
    Ugh I most certainly hope so, or earlier preferably earlier
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by baconrules View Post
    Ugh I most certainly hope so, or earlier preferably earlier
    They tend to release them quite late, to try and keep them a surprise.

They tend to release them quite late, to try and keep them a surprise.
    Sadly I know. Well hopefully someone leaks soon (as in next week)

..would anyone else be happier with Chespin and Froakie swapping their supposed secondary typings?
    so Water/Dark and Grass/Fighting?

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

..would anyone else be happier with Chespin and Froakie swapping their supposed secondary typings?
    It'd be better.

-My younger brother

well i wouldn't use him for competitive battle then i would have a feenkin traded over btw anyone who wants a baby chespin ( for completing pokedex whatever) all i want in return is your baby starter
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

Sorry but no. I don't even really want froakie to have either. It would be cooler if he was part poison or psychic, but the coolest would be part electric.(highly doubt the electric though)

No. Froakie doesn't seem/sound "dark" enough, whil Chespin's description suggests that it's naughty.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    No. Froakie doesn't seem/sound "dark" enough, whil Chespin's description suggests that it's naughty.
    After all Chespin has a curious personality that gets itself in trouble. I think the main reason why people want their secondary typings switched is because they want Chespin to not suffer a bad typing. Admit it everyone not every starter is going to be OU/UU material. Mind that also your going to catch other Pokémon to assist you in working with Chespin's assumed Grass/Dark evolution typing, it's not like your going to solo everyone with just the starter.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 23rd May 2013 at 2:36 AM.

i still doubt chespin being dark but i guess we'll ind out October
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

Will they not inform us before the release?
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    Will they not inform us before the release?
    Possibly not, especially if it doesn't gain its second type until it reaches its final form.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Possibly not, especially if it doesn't gain its second type until it reaches its final form.
    then whats the problem if fairy type is the third gym its unlikely you've gotten you're 3rd state quite yet so chespin isn't weak to fairy quite yet at that point
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

Page 513 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 413463503509510511512513514515516517523563613 ... LastLast