View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 514 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 414464504510511512513514515516517518524564614 ... LastLast
Results 12,826 to 12,850 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #12826
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    After all Chespin has a curious personality that gets itself in trouble. I think the main reason why people want their secondary typings switched is because they want Chespin to not suffer a bad typing. Admit it everyone not every starter is going to be OU/UU material. Mind that also your going to catch other Pokémon to assist you in working with Chespin's assumed Grass/Dark evolution typing, it's not like your going to solo everyone with just the starter.
    I solo. That's why I typically have a level 80 charizard/blastoise by Giovanni.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

    My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

  2. #12827
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    then whats the problem if fairy type is the third gym its unlikely you've gotten you're 3rd state quite yet so chespin isn't weak to fairy quite yet at that point
    Maybe also a long time ago I only used empoleon in pearl and I beat Cynthia with it. It was level 91
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

  3. #12828
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Napping in a Hidden Grotto <3
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Heres my take on the Starters

    First Fennekin Evo
    I don't know why people keep assuming Fennekin is going to become a Kitsune and have the Psychic Type not all Foxes are Kitsunes and not all Kitsunes have Psychic power that being said I think Fennekin is going to have a Arabuc/Egyption theme and evolve into either a Jackal or a Djinn Fox or a Egyption/Arabic Fox theres already alot of people calling Fennekin a Vulpix copy if Fennekin Evolved into a Kitsune then in a sense it would be but at the same time I can see why GF might make Fennekin a Kitsunes as there is alot of people who like Kitsunes and love the idea of a Fox Starter me included I wouldn't mind it at all but im still doubtful of Fennekin becoming a Kitsune lol but watch me be wrong XD

    Two Froakie Evo
    I like the idea of Froakie becoming a Gentleman Boxer or any sort of fighter really he does look like a Fighting type but I could also see him being a rain frog or a wizard but the wizards a bit iffy lol I think Froakie will stay a Frog

    Three Chespin Evo
    I can see Chespin becoming very Knight like with armor and being Bulky and such BUT if he sheds his armor I could see him being a speedy fighter I think Chespin will stay a hedgehog

    Ill get to what types I think they'll be in another post my DSi (which im posting from) has a char limit and double posting iv found is bad here ^^;

    Banner made by me feel free to check out my other ones on my DA (Sn is RikkuTakanashi)

    My FC Pm me or Vm me if you add me so I can add ya too
    3DS FC: 3540-0063-3109

    FS: Ice Type
    Bermite, Spheal, and Delibird (I think on the last one)

  4. #12829
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I saw a fan art image of Froakie's final evolution as a giant sumo frog pokemon. I loved that idea!
    Fennekin is too similar to Victini.

    I'm excited at the prospect of Chespin being the first Dark hybrid starter

  5. #12830
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    After all Chespin has a curious personality that gets itself in trouble. I think the main reason why people want their secondary typings switched is because they want Chespin to not suffer a bad typing. Admit it everyone not every starter is going to be OU/UU material. Mind that also your going to catch other Pokémon to assist you in working with Chespin's assumed Grass/Dark evolution typing, it's not like your going to solo everyone with just the starter.
    I can agree with this and it is likely true. However, I can't say that is particular fair to make one of three starters suck in the upper levels of competition. To be fair they should all be good or all suck. Yes, I know.... Life is not fair. Which is why I agree with you and Chespin will likely end up Grass/Dark with six to seven weaknesses including a 4X weakness. Ouch. On the bright side. If we our lucky, Chespin might have the best looking final Evolution. May as well be a charmer if not a fighter.

  6. #12831
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Napping in a Hidden Grotto <3
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Heres my take on the Types I think the Starters will be theres two sets I could see

    Fennekin: Rock
    It just kind of makes sense for a Desert Fox
    Chespin: Fighting
    If Chespin shed his armor I could see him being lean and fast
    Froakie: Flying
    Rain or storm Frog thing

    That combo fits the appearences of the Starters well but has problems so heres the other

    Fennekin: Flying
    I know it doesn't make much sense but it could work because there are legends I think of mythical flying foxes so it might work for a Djinn Fox theme or even a Kitsune theme
    Chespin: Rock
    Chespin just kind of looks like a Grass/Rock pokemon its probably the brown and green but being a Chesnut Hedgehog seems to further this idea and the fact that it learns Rollout furthers this even more course the Rollout thing is likely a reference to Hedgehogs curling up and Sonic the Hedgehog (I bet Shiny Chespin will be blue lol Jk but maybe) but also the Rock typing would work well with a Knight theme
    Froakie: Fighting
    Froakie does look like a fighting type the only problem is that we already have a blue watet/fighting type frog Pokemon so is Froakie has good stats, good evolutions, and a good movepool I see the Poli line becoming dust in the wind hopefully they would make it so both water/fighting frogs are different and worth using

    Banner made by me feel free to check out my other ones on my DA (Sn is RikkuTakanashi)

    My FC Pm me or Vm me if you add me so I can add ya too
    3DS FC: 3540-0063-3109

    FS: Ice Type
    Bermite, Spheal, and Delibird (I think on the last one)

  7. #12832
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikku Takanashi View Post
    Fennekin: Rock
    It just kind of makes sense for a Desert Fox
    Argh, I just CAN'T stand seeing those types of speculations ! It has, actually, no sense, and it's not because Fennekin is based on a desert fox that Fennekin's going to be Rock. Piplup hasn't end up being an Ice type because it is based on a penguin, exactly like didn't Torchic end up Flying type because it's based on a chicken. Don't speculate a type just because of the animal it is based on, it's just saying things without thinking. It is possible that Fennekin end up being part of Rock type but because "it's based on a desert fox" will be the last explanation to this gain.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 24th May 2013 at 12:10 AM.
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

  8. #12833
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Argh, I just CAN'T stand seeing those types of speculations ! It has, actually, no sense, and it's not because Fennekin is based on a desert fox that Fennekin's going to be Rock. Piplup hasn't end up being an Ice type because it is based on a penguin, exactly like didn't Torchic end up Flying type because it's based on a chicken. Don't speculate a type just because of the animal it is based on, it's just saying things without thinking. It is possible that Fennekin end up being part of Rock type but because "it's based on a desert fox" will be the last explanation to this gain.
    Personally, I think that what type a Fennekin evo is would be deccided on what KIND of fox concept they base it on. If it's another kitsune, it's likely Fire/Ghost or Fire/Psychic. If it's a more anubis-type, bipedal Pokemon with the whole 'third eye' deal on its forehead, then it''ll probably be Fire/Psychic. If they take the desert association further, maybe it would be a saluki or kit fox and be Fire/Ground. Of course, those are only a few examples. Personally I think it'll just be a fire fox, no explanation. Just pure Fire.



  9. #12834

    Default

    i like the fact in my opinion the starters have a first and 2nd gen feel to them. I hope chespin becomes a physical bipedal grass/steel sweeper. Fennekin fire/psychic and froakie water/ground even though we have seimetoad. really hope these starters have awsome evolutions with brilliant movesets. When i first saw these starters i felt they deffo looked like proper pokemon unlike previous starters.

  10. #12835
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikku Takanashi View Post
    Heres my take on the Starters

    First Fennekin Evo
    I don't know why people keep assuming Fennekin is going to become a Kitsune and have the Psychic Type not all Foxes are Kitsunes and not all Kitsunes have Psychic power
    yes, but fennekin is clearly using a (damaging) psychic move in the original trailer

  11. #12836
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    114

    Default

    What if fenniken became steel type, I mean fire/steel types are awesome







    Best Legendarys.





    The original fire starters. please challenge me FC:2108-9433-6376

  12. #12837
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    What if fenniken became steel type, I mean fire/steel types are awesome
    And what if Froakie became an Electric/Dragon type? There's no reason to say that Fennekin could be Fire/Steel...other than you think it's 'awesome.'

  13. #12838
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Chespin- Grass/Dark
    Pokedex entry states it gets in trouble often.

    Fennekin- Fire/Psychic
    Clearly using a Psychic-type move that deals damage, could in fact be the move Psychic.

    Froakie- Water/Fighting
    Light and nimble, swift fighter. Could possibly be a "Kicker" with moves like High Jump Kick.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  14. #12839
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Well I am hoping for a Water/Electric froakie.. Grass/steel chespin.. and Fire/Ground fennekin.

    <-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

    Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

  15. #12840
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,665

    Default

    Only one thing will make me accept Grass/Dark Chespin and that is a dark type move with 100+ BP that it could utilize.

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  16. #12841
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Napping in a Hidden Grotto <3
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Frankly I could see alot of typings work for Froakie

    Water/Fighting
    A Gentlemen Boxer or a Fighter of some sort
    Water/Flying
    Rain Storm frog also a Frogs high hopping could be seen as a form of flying
    Water/Ice
    Frost Frog the Sumo Frog thing might work well here but I hope to the gods Froakie stays light and lean
    Water/Thunder
    A Thunder Storm Frog it'd like it here in florida lol
    Thunder/Dragon
    This would be pretty cool actually but I doubt they'd take Water out completely so it'd probably be Water/Thunder again and the idea of Froakie becoming a Dragon isn't so strange either its no more strange then a Sea Otter becoming a Sea Lion

    Banner made by me feel free to check out my other ones on my DA (Sn is RikkuTakanashi)

    My FC Pm me or Vm me if you add me so I can add ya too
    3DS FC: 3540-0063-3109

    FS: Ice Type
    Bermite, Spheal, and Delibird (I think on the last one)

  17. #12842
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikku Takanashi View Post
    Frankly I could see alot of typings work for Froakie

    Water/Fighting
    A Gentlemen Boxer or a Fighter of some sort
    Water/Flying
    Rain Storm frog also a Frogs high hopping could be seen as a form of flying
    Water/Ice
    Frost Frog the Sumo Frog thing might work well here but I hope to the gods Froakie stays light and lean
    Water/Thunder
    A Thunder Storm Frog it'd like it here in florida lol
    Thunder/Dragon
    This would be pretty cool actually but I doubt they'd take Water out completely so it'd probably be Water/Thunder again and the idea of Froakie becoming a Dragon isn't so strange either its no more strange then a Sea Otter becoming a Sea Lion
    A Dragon/Electric frog that is the Water starter, huh? Seems legit.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  18. #12843
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikku Takanashi View Post
    Thunder/Dragon
    This would be pretty cool actually but I doubt they'd take Water out completely so it'd probably be Water/Thunder again and the idea of Froakie becoming a Dragon isn't so strange either its no more strange then a Sea Otter becoming a Sea Lion
    Except Sea Lion and Sea Otter look similar enough that you can pass them off as part of the same family. A frog and a dragon does not have that kind of luxury for obvious reasons. And for balance reasons that's a ridiculous idea: you basically nerf fire and grass damage due to Dragon's resistance to their types, plus it's very unlikely that a grass and fire type will know many dragon/ice moves (if any at all), so you'd need to rely on ground, which isn't always available for grass and fire.
    Last edited by BurningWhiteKyurem; 24th May 2013 at 6:31 AM.

  19. #12844
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Venom Road
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikku Takanashi View Post
    Frankly I could see alot of typings work for Froakie

    Water/Fighting
    A Gentlemen Boxer or a Fighter of some sort
    Water/Flying
    Rain Storm frog also a Frogs high hopping could be seen as a form of flying
    Water/Ice
    Frost Frog the Sumo Frog thing might work well here but I hope to the gods Froakie stays light and lean
    Water/Thunder
    A Thunder Storm Frog it'd like it here in florida lol
    Thunder/Dragon
    This would be pretty cool actually but I doubt they'd take Water out completely so it'd probably be Water/Thunder again and the idea of Froakie becoming a Dragon isn't so strange either its no more strange then a Sea Otter becoming a Sea Lion
    water/thunder & thunder/dragon... a bit out of this world...

    Probably water/fighting but I dont think it would be anything like Hitmonlee/chan again...
    Last edited by Cutty; 24th May 2013 at 8:47 AM.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

    Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

    Pokegyms Fairy Leader

    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  20. #12845
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Except Sea Lion and Sea Otter look similar enough that you can pass them off as part of the same family. A frog and a dragon does not have that kind of luxury for obvious reasons. And for balance reasons that's a ridiculous idea: you basically nerf fire and grass damage due to Dragon's resistance to their types, plus it's very unlikely that a grass and fire type will know many dragon/ice moves (if any at all), so you'd need to rely on ground, which isn't always available for grass and fire.
    agreed. Also not to mention that it's highly unlikely they would ever do dragon starter typings unless they made them all dragon
    even then, it's ridiculous for any of these starters to be dragon. I can understand why people would want serperior or charizard to be dragon, but froakie is a frog. That's a freakin amphibian. Dragons are reptiles, and look absolutely nothing like a dragon

  21. #12846
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    4,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    agreed. Also not to mention that it's highly unlikely they would ever do dragon starter typings unless they made them all dragon
    even then, it's ridiculous for any of these starters to be dragon. I can understand why people would want serperior or charizard to be dragon, but froakie is a frog. That's a freakin amphibian. Dragons are reptiles, and look absolutely nothing like a dragon
    Actually,dragons are not real creatures so you can't classify them as reptiles.

    "Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

  22. #12847
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    182

    Default

    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...electedIndex=0

    I came across this design for the starters final evos I have to admit, its one of my favorites

    http://www.pokedit.com/boards/ckfind...by_toppera.png


    ooooooh
    Last edited by Wulava; 24th May 2013 at 2:39 PM. Reason: Double-post

  23. #12848
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Actually,dragons are not real creatures so you can't classify them as reptiles.
    they are still reptilian if you were to classify them, so yes they are.

  24. #12849
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    agreed. Also not to mention that it's highly unlikely they would ever do dragon starter typings unless they made them all dragon
    even then, it's ridiculous for any of these starters to be dragon. I can understand why people would want serperior or charizard to be dragon, but froakie is a frog. That's a freakin amphibian. Dragons are reptiles, and look absolutely nothing like a dragon
    Actually Charmander was based off of a Salamander which are also amphibians.
    -sflytal

    I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

  25. #12850
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    Actually Charmander was based off of a Salamander which are also amphibians.
    yes, but there were enough aesthetic similarities for that to work. Kind of like otter becoming a sea lion.
    a frog doesn't even look close to a dragon

Page 514 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 414464504510511512513514515516517518524564614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •